Newest Patch Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lets get technical. rank 9 is possible to get without the CS.
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that, because there are plenty of F2P players like myself who can now afford a full Rank 9 set. We need somebody to get us Gold, yes, but there are huge lineups of people willing to do that for us without us having to spend a penny.

Merchants like myself who had their wealth in savings/assets just won the game, but it's a really hollow and unsatisfying victory.

Players who had their wealth in their gear just lost 90% of their investment, and their only hope is to scam other players by liquidating it all RIGHT NOW in an attempt to try recover as much of its value as possible before everybody else realizes it's actually now worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • kevysk1
    kevysk1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    1) Stop QQing and learn how to play the game.
    2) This is a free service, they're not obligated to do anything.
    3) You have to accept how this game works. (This goes with point 1 )
    4) Changes in value of items is part of playing the game. Stop QQing about prices inflating/deflating.
    5)If you don't accept it, roll another game :<
    6) I should have made a paragraph instead of bullet points.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kevysk1 wrote: »
    4) Changes in value of items is part of playing the game. Stop QQing about prices inflating/deflating.
    Here we have GM finally....
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2010

How does that relate to anything?

Oh wait, you're not making a point, you're just trying to be witting by restating something someone else came up with.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Something that i say before . . . b:surrender expect no 1 and 6 . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Only this point shows how much you're an idiot.
    or a GM, who knows really nowadays.
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • kevysk1
    edited December 2010
    Only this point shows how much you're an idiot.
    or a GM, who knows really nowadays.

Stop QQing and say a point. Or would you rather jus QQ moar?
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You just don't understand what are people "QQing" about, that's the point. kthxbai.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010

you will join the QQ too eventually b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nope... Kev doesn't get it ...... **** this is my highest toon and hell i get it..... i'm not quitting though, i could've cared less about having the "pimpest" gear b4 this even happened... like most PvE'ers i could care less about PK or TW or w/e. Notice i said MOST... But i do feel bad for all the people that DID have the best gear (either workin hard at it for a LONG time or buying it.....) only to be slapped in the face with this. And dont' get me started on gold prices now....

I play this to have fun adn somehow i do, more then i had on FFXI oddly enough. Then again i basically quit there after they raised the lvl cap 25 lvls and brought out new gear making the **** we spent 7 years collecting utter ****... lol i still have it installed.. but i haven't been on it in a long time. Wait..... de'ja vu anyone?
  • kevysk1
    edited December 2010
    It's still QQ, and no point in argument on your side in reply to mine. So, really it's jut pure b:cry :(.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Do you have any actual opinion to add to this or just "QQ" like most children?
  • Sixcross - Dreamweaver
    Sixcross - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    we only qq because we wont them to hear our complaints so they can fix the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    um ya... but he's saying we're all WHINING for nothing. unless i missed something......

btw when i said QQ like children.... eh nevermind that's another argument that already happened last night......
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i wonder how many ppl will jump down my throat if i were to say that i love this sale and am buying rank 8 for my sin and psy this month. (rank 9 still remains expensive to get however)
  • AzureBeast_c - Harshlands
    AzureBeast_c - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    well seems like the majority of the community agrees that this was a poor decision. cept for the few oddballs. I just find it amazing how they find ways to further break an already broken game.
  • CaffeineEvil - Harshlands
    CaffeineEvil - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah... This move is going to isolate the free players which isn't a good idea. You'd like to say that csers keep the game free, which is true, but how many games with an op cash shop are succeeding? Who are people going to merch their stuff to? Not the cser who just bought his rank gear and packed his way to op gear. And free players bring in their friends who do cs and the free players might actually decide to drop cash down the line.

I'm not against making rank easier to obtain. But it should have been with in game content things that made people play. I mean obtaining rank 6 with fbs and one man armies is pretty hard. And farming to exchange for tokens was still a crazy idea for 9. They could have upped rep badge drops in fbs. Or make some mobs on the map(yes, some people never had to go there except to oracle lol) drop some.

I mean charging 100 gold will give you rank 8 and the rest exchanged for coins will buy you the gear and shards+refines lol

I'm just worried... b:sad
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i wonder how many ppl will jump down my throat if i were to say that i love this sale and am buying rank 8 for my sin and psy this month. (rank 9 still remains expensive to get however)

no one would care, you've proven yourself a fail with your posts already, so fail sin is still fail with rank gear.

oh, and seeing how neither your sin nor psy is 10X, you just seem like an even bigger idiot.
  • Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear
    Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:surrender sorry bro..
    lets both get some shrooms
    I hear you calling me b:chuckle
    You know, your eyebrow drives me crazy. It's so thick, i'ts so dark, so very...connected...b:dirty
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I just used DS as an example. I stopped chasing rep when I reached 5000. Of course now I can buy that 5000 rep for $1.80. Seems like a shame, because it was fun working slowly to 5000 doing FBs and collecting the odd Dog Tag or Wraith Officer Badge from a Wraith Attack, and yes, I have collected a lot of Darkness stamps from FB 19 to 79. Not exactly farming them, just getting lucky and cashing them in. Plus I have done all my quests, which is a fair bit of rep too, when your goal is only 5000.

Now, all of that game play can be replaced with a paltry purchase. In fact, I think that is less than the price of a coffee. Man, to think of all the time I wasted *smile*.

"Life is a journey, not a destination." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good Luck!

Ehh, I know how you feel, I used to do the same till i finally got enough rep for my interval armour b:sad
  • hiddenapocalypse
    hiddenapocalypse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    bump this thead, more annoying anti QQ thread are popping up
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tell me one way to farm 70mil in 30 days please now that uncannies are like 250k each and raptures less than 1mil each and TT prices dropped like anything. People will go for rank gears rather than TT anyways.

tell me 1 way and i will not QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    Wreck - Harshlands Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    /sigh

The reason people are pissed off is far removed from the rank. Most of your end game players, who are wearing full Nirvana, are shrugging off the rank 8. Since it's well known most players aren't able to farm Nirvana since all anyone wants is 5.0 APS. This means TW will be more balanced as more wizards, archers and Psy's will have gear relevant to their position in the war.

The REAL reason everyone is throwing their hands in the air is gold prices. Anni packs destroyed the economy once permanently racking gold up to a 400k value and now this rep sale? Taking into account packs are still in the boutique; gold will never be bellow 800k again. Once it spikes this high cash shoppers who just buy and sell gold won't think gold is worth 400k anymore. It's going to, basically, be imposable to get charms for TW anymore. 4-5m charmsx80? You can't even afford that if you had the whole map. GG mirages.

TL&DR:
    The reason people are so mad is the gold prices have, once again, been permanently raised by a ridiculous amount and TW won't be as competitive or as fun anymore.
  • Jlung - Harshlands
    Jlung - Harshlands Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    all i have to say is WOW, didnt think it was possible to run this game even further ino the game then it already was. b:crykinda sad to see the game i once enjoyed playing devolve into something like this. I had alot of fun in the past and stayed relatively quiet on posts and topics such as these, but this is just getting ridiculous! seriously 72 dollars for R8 i spent over 500 million in coins getting 2nd recasted lunar axes for my barb. Not counting all the extra money i spent on more raptures trying to get advanced zerk. But whatever this game has proved time and time again that nothing will be done to fix how the players of it feel. Sure they ATTEMPTED to fix the DQ problem with the new DQ point system but that was something designed to merely make us complacent and make us happy that there was even somewhat of a change. i dont even know what to say about this game anymore me and all my friends pretty much quit.
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    *Goes and looks at screenies of my happy lowbie days....back when gold was 100k and having +5 with beaut shards was "pro" and HH90 was end-game gear for most...*

sob
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I am just severely disappointed. I stay because of the blood, sweat and tears me and my friends have poured into this game. However you've pretty much stabbed us in the back. I was worrying about getting my hh99, eventually nirvana'ing it and whoopmh, totally worthless overnight.

Prices are upside down, idiots now run around in rank armour acting like they're pro. The gap between F2P and P2P grows ever larger.

Disappointed, very disappointed.
  • timmiecool
    timmiecool Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    goldprice.jpg

fail..... this is just ****ing fail i mean seriously how is a lowbie supposed to farm 1 gold?

i lol'd...b:laugh

but i am glad i quit the game like 5 months ago.. today is the first time i came back to the forum and i see that everything is all messed up in the game with these cheap rank gear and so.. i had a feeling back then that something like this was going to happen.. good thing i had stop playing this game. i think i had saved me like $2000+. =P
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well... Guess PWE has been aware of this for years now but:

The most loyal and long-lasting MMO games/communities are the ones either fully P2P through subscription or open F2P with minor advantages through cash shop, like XP increase, time-limited stat gains, higher grade potions, minor % chance boost to upgrade gear and such. It used to fit PWI nicely with their mounts, aerogear and fashion but decisions were taken that profiting should be much more agressive...

While selling a mount for $70 is obviously a rip off, mounts don't change PvE and PvP much, being merely optional. It was the introduction of cash shop items as a mean to acquire high grade gear (some that are either nearly impossible to acquire through play or literally unavaiable) that changed entirely the F2P/cash shop scale, driving countless players whom would play every day away from the edge; and these are the most loyal players. A new breed of players would take the edge: the cash shoppers. Despite the immediate profits it causes hatred from the players that once were at the top. Considering every major change to PWI leads to more unsatisfied players, which aren't heard mostly, they end up quitting the game. With fewer players the cash shoppers also see less appeal in the game and a certain % of them quit as often.

In other words, we're witnessing an endless circle that shortens the lifespan of PWI and prevents the newer titles from being properly populated.

As a side note, I'd like to stress that the current condition of PWI isn't bad only to the players but also the workers that keep it up. They're aware PWE will not provide stable posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • paunster
    paunster Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tell me one way to farm 70mil in 30 days please now that uncannies are like 250k each and raptures less than 1mil each and TT prices dropped like anything. People will go for rank gears rather than TT anyways.

tell me 1 way and i will not QQ

Wow I wish heaven's tears prices for uncannies and raptures were that cheap, I would so so happy b:laugh
  • Khroy - Dreamweaver
    Khroy - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Okay i haven't noticed anyone else point this out so i thought i would. People in general didn't rage about the general summers sale, sure there where grumbles and complaints but for the most part people were just plain dissatisfied with it yes i just said that wait...wait...here it comes...3...2...1....and now.

It was the "emergency maintanance" and dropping the price which did it. i appreciate the thought of adding the snowmen under guise of a maint but seriously when you combine it with lowering the price of something that people are already upset about it doesn't get seen as a kind gesture, it's a slap in the face. People would not have reacted so badly if the price hadn't been cut. Yeah it's that simple. If the price hadn't been cut you wouldn't have long time players who have spent thousands on the game quitting in droves ie a certain 101 archer on Dreamweaver who has 20ish Diamond of Tiger in her gear.

I also think that you have the expectations of players all wrong. Many myself included have the game running from when they wake up untill they go to bed thats 12 hours minimum. So there goes the 8 hours a day theory, guess people outside the dev's countries just like to relax and take more time to do things.

Well that's it from me but still it was the price drop which pissed people off the most. In future have a look at the reaction to a sale before you cut its price i doubt the reaction would of been as bad if the badges were 1 gold per 50.

See also oops posted on the wrong thread so i'll copy paste to where i meant it to be