Newest Patch Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I love drama and chaos so this is perfect for me. Not to mention I got only half a year to go till I gotta leave for army and my finals will start in three months. Of course it would have been better if this had never happened but... it has and that's final. Probably.

I still want to see frankie's response to all this.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Djavulen - Dreamweaver
    Djavulen - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They should raise lvl cap to 120+

But for wiz cheap rank8 must be good :), now we can do good dmg again :p

But 5aps players maybe going to be gods now b:cry

And gold price should be fixed too. Its 1.2 mil for 1 gold on dw now :/

Its not good when so much money going out in the system. Items fall fast in price and soon its going to be like we played in a private server there everything is almost free.

fc weapons cost between 3-15mil now
    And lunar should be on 50 mil or something.
    The best robe that give 500 phys res + 3%dmg reduction cost 150 mil for about 3-4 months ago. Now it cost 40-50 mil :/
    Rank8 for 100 gold lol

And the snowman drop rates suck :/

But i still like this game :)
    But soon its going to be like it was in Germany at 1927 money wasnt worth anything!
  • Hiwiness - Sanctuary
    Hiwiness - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So what.. How many people farmed rank before this high before this sale or spent cash on it... Who even cared for rank 9 before?
    Just the usual big spenders.
    So this sale is making it more available to people who dont have the dedication to farm. Development, I guess theres something bigger coming. But first more people need to reach the old 'high-end' gear. For the people who farmed..well sucks but thats the nature of things. What was rare once, will be common another day.

As for the gold prices coming with this sale.... lol I havent been buying any gold for a while and Im gonna stay with it til this mess is down again. 1.2mil per gold isnt acceptable for me.
    Tokens give me my daily needs, so do I care :p

But the rage on forums.... Yeah, Game is dead. If you want it to be. And now stop shoving those ugly sigs into everyones face, soon someones gonna get seizures from it...

I agree, sorry. =/ Sure I am a low level and haven't really learned anything.. but honestly it seems like people are dramatizing it on the forums. >.>;
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I agree, sorry. =/ Sure I am a low level and haven't really learned anything.. but honestly it seems like people are dramatizing it on the forums. >.>;

lol, very correct. It's just the normal wave of QQ about something. People always wanna whine about every little thing nowadays.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I hope I get compensated for my nirvana weapon? It can happen..right?

^...
    10charla?
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kevysk1
    kevysk1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    But to what extent?

TT99 gear and TT nirvana gear is bound. They can't be sold. Besides that, weapons like this moving down is temporary: the moment this sale is over, those items will hold the same value they did for anyone who missed the r8 bus.

And other than that, all I can say is: have you fought a r8 player? There's a big gap in power between r8 players and anyone who doesn't have at least their nirvana gear. A Lunar weapon is nice but it's not gonna help much when faced with multiple r8 opponents.

Yes, Rank 8 is very over powered. Though, considering that it now costs the price of a lunar weapon to go rank 8 (give or take a few milion), most of the players will have rank 8 anyway. The playing field has been evened somewhat for the pvpers. I'm sure there will be more of these sales in the future to acquire rank 8 again in the months to come... If someone could afford to PVP, then they could certainly afford rank 8 at its current price. Really, it's not hard to get with a little hard work. Go do some TT or dig some herbs.

You said that more people reaching end-game is a bad thing. I believe it's a good thing. This game takes waay too long to reach anything end-game, and this sale in fact helps people reach it faster. It used to be that tt 99 is "good enough". Well now we can get tt 99, lunar, and nirvana.

Saying that the gap between the rich and the poor increasing is not entirely accurate. A rank 8 weapon will always be a rank 8 weapon. What I mean is, the difference between someone with rank 8 and someone with tt99 is still the same. It's just that now more people are able to acquire rank 8.

The only problem is that gold prices are high. Gold prices will never go down to what it used to be. It's like this with every MMO with a cash shop. People who complain are people who are lazy or don't know how to play the game. To be fair, I have been lazy and decided to charge zen. I didn't want to wait and farm TT, so I understand the work it takes to get what you want. You can't "farm" gold, you need a job. You CAN farm TT, that's why TT prices go down, wile gold prices go up. Simple. Even without these sales, gold prices will always go up. People will always want gold.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kevysk1 wrote: »
    Yes, Rank 8 is very over powered. Though, considering that it now costs the price of a lunar weapon to go rank 8 (give or take a few milion), most of the players will have rank 8 anyway. The playing field has been evened somewhat for the pvpers. I'm sure there will be more of these sales in the future to acquire rank 8 again in the months to come... If someone could afford to PVP, then they could certainly afford rank 8 at its current price. Really, it's not hard to get with a little hard work. Go do some TT or dig some herbs.

You said that more people reaching end-game is a bad thing. I believe it's a good thing. This game takes waay too long to reach anything end-game, and this sale in fact helps people reach it faster. It used to be that tt 99 is "good enough". Well now we can get tt 99, lunar, and nirvana.

Saying that the gap between the rich and the poor increasing is not entirely accurate. A rank 8 weapon will always be a rank 8 weapon. What I mean is, the difference between someone with rank 8 and someone with tt99 is still the same. It's just that now more people are able to acquire rank 8.

The only problem is that gold prices are high. Gold prices will never go down to what it used to be. It's like this with every MMO with a cash shop. People who complain are people who are lazy or don't know how to play the game. To be fair, I have been lazy and decided to charge zen. I didn't want to wait and farm TT, so I understand the work it takes to get what you want. You can't "farm" gold, you need a job. You CAN farm TT, that's why TT prices go down, wile gold prices go up. Simple. Even without these sales, gold prices will always go up. People will always want gold.

you still dont get it... but keep trying lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kevysk1
    edited December 2010
    you still dont get it... but keep trying lol

:O I get it. Do you get it? I GOT IT!
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ROFL this weeks TWs will be quite... interesting.... Almost sorry I won't be there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear
    Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Okay, so...I am deffinately getting rank 8, but...I won't have the money till x-mas, so can anyone pls tell me how long this sale will last? I heard till the 29th, if that's the case then the GM's are getting $150+ cash from me come x-mas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Usually, I'm one of the few who think people need to calm down and not rage so much - don't take it out on the GMs, but...

I'm just...dumbfounded. Wth. This...is horrible.

I wish Frankie...or someone, would say something about WHY they're doing this...Are they really giving up on PWI, like my husband says? That's the only idea that even starts to make sense, except when you remember there's an expansion coming out soon...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i bet pwe likes to make us rage for their entertainment

epic trolling skills thar

/feel sry for everyone who farmed/bought rank or nirvana gear before last maint
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Lidell - Lost City
    Lidell - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They're doing it to balance classes, they just happen to be going about it the wrong way. Well, not so much the wrong way but with too much of a shock. If they left the gold cap at 1mil this would be fine, no one would care once they got over the idea that non 5.0's can now get their wep just as fast as the 5.0's.

I don't think anyone is over reacting in this instance, this is a massive change and it was all at once. They need to put the fvcking gold cap back in, though, before the economy is permanently scarred.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kevysk1 wrote: »

Nowadays people can rush to 100 with hypers, charge zen and get their endgame equipment for 72 gold.
    There's no point in PVE-ing anymore. Do you think it's a good thing? b:shocked

Well you can still do stuff and farm your obsolete gear... b:chuckle
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How awesome if GMs could remove the rep/pack sale just for a month and let us come pack to PWI :D
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Why's the game so dead brah?
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My guess is they're doing this because whatever new weapon system is coming with the expansion is probably better than rank 8 and similar to 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    My guess is they're doing this because whatever new weapon system is coming with the expansion is probably better than rank 8 and similar to 9.

and 100% cash shop based?
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    its kidn of end of year income ? so many people spending 72$ for rank 8 imagine like 50k people buying rank 8
    probably the company made tons of $$$$$ by now already . But at the cost of loosing 50% of the croud ? or maybe more who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They need to add some serious PvE content atleast if there are weapons better than Rank 8/9 coming.

Hopefully an instnace like Nirv, but needs rank 8/9 gears. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited December 2010
    No one can tell me how long the sale will last? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=159291
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010

Until the GM's bathe in money.
  • kevysk1
    edited December 2010
    Nowadays people can rush to 100 with hypers, charge zen and get their endgame equipment for 72 gold.
    There's no point in PVE-ing anymore. Do you think it's a good thing? b:shocked

Well you can still do stuff and farm your obsolete gear... b:chuckle

Mmm They're not obsolete. Lunar is now farmable, nirvana is farmable. Rank 8 isn't OP over nirvana. Soo, Give me more details ^_^. Don't say that there's no "Pve-ing" Firstly, quests are boring, secondly with higher level opens the available dungeons. Any other points you'd like to add?
  • calmoceans
    calmoceans Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Good,could never get in a squad thanks to the 5.0apscraze,their mats were too expensive imo,now i can just say f u to them and buy my gear from pw without lining the 5.0 guys pockets.

On the other hand the game might have just been killed so i'm not sure if i should feel happy or sad :(

I agree with you entirely. This change is brilliant in that I no longer have to give in to the usury of the 5 APS cartels, I can get comparable or better gear for less while not funding the 5APSers for their next upgrades.

This latest change definitely evens the playing field a lot, and I'm sure that upsets the vocal minority who were sitting at the top of the heap so far.

Perhaps the management should implement a ToS change that applies to everyone who claims they are quitting for whatever reason: Just perma-ban them from the game and the forums. It should not affect them if they really were quitting, while OTOH it should really burn them up if they were merely rabble-rousing. Think about it: If someone quits, and yet the character is being played or posted from on forums, evidently account sharing has taken place, so a ban is perfectly justified.
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    calmoceans wrote: »
    Perhaps the management should implement a ToS change that applies to everyone who claims they are quitting for whatever reason: Just perma-ban them from the game and the forums. It should not affect them if they really were quitting, while OTOH it should really burn them up if they were merely rabble-rousing. Think about it: If someone quits, and yet the character is being played or posted from on forums, evidently account sharing has taken place, so a ban is perfectly justified.

Trolling much? b:shutup
  • MsSparkles - Heavens Tear
    MsSparkles - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well, I want unbinding scrolls.... NOW.... In the last month spent enough to get 300k rep on both my toons.... b:angry b:angry b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    /facepalm should have read that first, ty ty, r8 here i come <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Where is the GM response?? b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TimeTwister - Harshlands
    TimeTwister - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i dont get it they're reducing the price for making r8 more cheaper?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]