DECEMBER: ANTI-APS MONTH! Let the squishies do the tanking!

Options

Comments

• Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i hate 5.0, so op, never take me nirvana, its not fair. i haz +3 refines on all my gear, mold fists. i worked so hard hypering ff to get to 100. b:angry interval should be nerfed to 2.86, or bosses should be made super hard for all melees, i don't care if people spent money and/or effort in getting 5.0. its not fair, i don't want to be excluded anymore, don't tell me to make my own squad, i want fast run too. b:cry

So you want aps to be nerfed but then insist on having fast runs?

Yeah, sounds the same as every other person who doesn't have 5.0 b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

^^^ win

b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I remember the whole, Day without a Mexican thing. No one noticed it, probably like this.

I remember this day. They did it to prove businesses cant run without mexicans. No business I saw was closed and every freeway in California was wide open all day. Best day ever
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I remember this day. They did it to prove businesses cant run without mexicans. No business I saw was closed and every freeway in California was wide open all day. Best day ever

b:angry
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    aww so cute. another braindead 5aps troll that thinks that only he puts money and effort to his gearb:cute

Except I'm not part of the group who continuously QQ, while disregarding the money and/or effort people have put in to actually getting high APS and DPS.

You don't see me continuously making QQ threads/posts to nerf -channeling or nerf psychics/wizards 'cause they hit like trucks in PvP with good gear.

thats right b:angry if i can't haz fast runs, no one can!!!!!

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

^Sarcasm radar failed.
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like them 5.0 people. They're funny when they try to 5.0 you and you randomly wtfpwn them with a dragon b:pleased
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wizzys should be very happy knowing they can wtfpwn 5.0 aps users and the PvP scene....yet...most QQ about 5.0 here. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Except I'm not part of the group who continuously QQ, while disregarding the money and/or effort people have put in to actually getting high APS and DPS.

i'm not either
    i'm against nefing 5aps because it will be unfair for those that invested in gear.

what i want is instances (new or modified) or equipment (again, new or modified) that would give casters the option to farm as fast as 5aps provided that the spend same (or even a bit more) with a 5aps.

a rebirth that drops raptures and mobs hit so hard that the wizzy need +10 armor? deal.
    an immune to physical damage boss that the psy would need to have citrine gems? ok.
    -cast armor with -defense levels so if the casters is going to use it in pvp will be an one shot from a lvl30? yay!

i dont see any reason why you want casters to stay nerfed if their boost wont ruin pvp and will cost as much as a 5aps char.

yes, rolling a 5aps char will "fix" it. flying and then drop down fixes rubberbanding too.
    the only reason i can imagine is that since casters cant (efficiently) farm now, they are the main buyers of the mats that 5aps farm and sell. i dont want to think that you are so self-centered and egoistical but there is no other reasonable explanation to the -apparently strong- desire of some people to keep casters nerfed pve-wise

i hope i'm not misunderstood; i like 5aps, i have friends 5aps, i was lucky enough to get in runs with 5aps (and felt i was leaching) and in the end, if nothing happens with the new update i'll roll one.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i'm not either
    i'm against nefing 5aps because it will be unfair for those that invested in gear.

what i want is instances (new or modified) or equipment (again, new or modified) that would give casters the option to farm as fast as 5aps provided that the spend same (or even a bit more) with a 5aps.

a rebirth that drops raptures and mobs hit so hard that the wizzy need +10 armor? deal.
    an immune to physical damage boss that the psy would need to have citrine gems? ok.
    -cast armor with -defense levels so if the casters is going to use it in pvp will be an one shot from a lvl30? yay!

i dont see any reason why you want casters to stay nerfed if their boost wont ruin pvp and will cost as much as a 5aps char.

yes, rolling a 5aps char will "fix" it. flying and then drop down fixes rubberbanding too.
    the only reason i can imagine is that since casters cant (efficiently) farm now, they are the main buyers of the mats that 5aps farm and sell. i dont want to think that you are so self-centered and egoistical but there is no other reasonable explanation to the -apparently strong- desire of some people to keep casters nerfed pve-wise

i hope i'm not misunderstood; i like 5aps, i have friends 5aps, i was lucky enough to get in runs with 5aps (and felt i was leaching) and in the end, if nothing happens with the new update i'll roll one.

Each class has their own strengths and weaknesses. "give casters the option to farm as fast as 5aps provided that the spend same" - You shouldn't try to balance all classes on all fronts.

However, I do hope that the upcoming expansion provides some more challenging instances that doesn't just get rolled by a squad of APS (with good DPS) in a matter of minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm down for tanking. b:laugh

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i have to take my bow out again? b:shocked

but but, its not tw night b:shocked
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So December, it is...

All this anti-APS going on. It's time to put those claws and fists away and bring back the old Hammer, Axe and Polearms! No longer are you to tank. Your job is to debuff and amp for those left-out damage dealers.

Fret not, repair bills, pot and charm cost... all those times you did all those runs and didn't feel obligated to cover another's expense, no longer will you feel guilty, you'll be taking the burden!

So for this month, in every case possible, find a mage, psychic, veno or without pet tank everything. No fists, no claws.... let typical tank build barbs tank a little too, but the idea here is to let the casters do all the DD and tanking and see how fitting of a role it is for them. They dislike melee so much, let them do the job!

We've been doing it for so long, let them have it for a solid month. Let's support them all in their efforts. Give them thanks, afford them heals, let them take the brunt of melee and magic damage.

Time to gear up and get out there!

b:victory

I am Michael_Dark and I support this message.

I will remember this post everytime I do GV Delta or solo AoE grind in 3rd past. Should bring a smile on my face :P
    Packs World International
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So December, it is...

All this anti-APS going on. It's time to put those claws and fists away and bring back the old Hammer, Axe and Polearms! No longer are you to tank. Your job is to debuff and amp for those left-out damage dealers.

Fret not, repair bills, pot and charm cost... all those times you did all those runs and didn't feel obligated to cover another's expense, no longer will you feel guilty, you'll be taking the burden!

So for this month, in every case possible, find a mage, psychic, veno or without pet tank everything. No fists, no claws.... let typical tank build barbs tank a little too, but the idea here is to let the casters do all the DD and tanking and see how fitting of a role it is for them. They dislike melee so much, let them do the job!

We've been doing it for so long, let them have it for a solid month. Let's support them all in their efforts. Give them thanks, afford them heals, let them take the brunt of melee and magic damage.

Time to gear up and get out there!

b:victory

I am Michael_Dark and I support this message.

2*drops NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    and kick any interval from squad telling them high aps sucks because bosses drop way too fast...
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have no problem using my Cleric or Psy to tank. b:pleased I always gear my characters very well anyways, so that is not going to be an issue.
  • Erkeios - Heavens Tear
    Erkeios - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Can we use fist or claw to build chi faster ONLY to HF or debuff, pretty please QQ?
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I am an idiot who wants attention...

Michael Dark approves this message

Caster classes tanking? ROFL...

You people are so predictable... Damage, damage, damage, damage, die, damage, damage... Where are the control and soak hits and survive?
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Can we use fist or claw to build chi faster ONLY to HF or debuff, pretty please QQ?

You may build chi on bosses only with this toothbrush
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Caster classes tanking? ROFL...

You people are so predictable... Damage, damage, damage, damage, die, damage, damage... Where are the control and soak hits and survive?

Me thinks you don't quite get it :O
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

faster APS = more noobs so how will I get it b:surrender

THIS WHOLE FORUM IS ABOUT APS b:sweat
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hmm this should be a fun monthb:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited December 2010
    Options

Shouldn't that really go without saying? It is yulk we're talking about.

On a side note... people actually have to deal with him IRL. That must be fun. lol
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Shouldn't that really go without saying? It is yulk we're talking about.

On a side note... people actually have to deal with him IRL. That must be fun. lol

I feel sorry for anybody who knows Yulk IRL.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do I win anything if I don't use aps squads? If so, I should be swimming in prizes...been snubbing most of you *******s for a year now, and soloing w/e I need. o.o
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    /facepalm @this thread, michael :o

oh yaeh i remember how hyper i used to be when ppl didnt believe a wiz can tank full bh79 :I

wouldnt need all this aps hassle if farming-instances-boss-hp wasnt that incredibly high

just saw a world chat, looking for a non-wizzie Xy squad,
    is this a new hate coming up o.o?
    did people finally realize?
    wizards are useless gimps! dont squad with them, all they do is leaching!
    then, when u think ur safe, they will eat all your precious cookies!

now i feel a urge to pull big room in frost D: , to bad i dont do fc on wiz
    i like potato
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    just saw a world chat, looking for a non-wizzie Xy squad,

non-wizzie? so i can haz? weee
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Who said magic classes couldnt tank anyways? I've been AA since I made my veno and tanking phys bosses tons ._. 5 aps is just a kill-em-fast attempt. It would be much more of an achievement nowadays if a non fist-claw class other than barb tanked something.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
    edited December 2010
    Options
    /facepalm @this thread, michael :o

Hmm? I actually thought it was a good thread... to troll in!

b:pleased
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What I find funny is the thought of where would most of these OP aps players be if they'd played from the beginning. The consensus is that the majority of them have only been playing for 8 months or less (at least those that I've met).

Remember when it took several hours to do 2 full 2-3 runs? Oh...no, you don't. You weren't around back then.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What I find funny is the thought of where would most of these OP aps players be if they'd played from the beginning. The consensus is that the majority of them have only been playing for 8 months or less (at least those that I've met).

Remember when it took several hours to do 2 full 2-3 runs? Oh...no, you don't. You weren't around back then.

I do. I know TheDan does. A number of 5aps BMs in my faction do as well. A lot of the 5aps sins were originally BMs or other classes that were here before as well.

So that's a blanket statement that doesn't really fit well.

b:bye