DECEMBER: ANTI-APS MONTH! Let the squishies do the tanking!

Options
Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
So December, it is...

All this anti-APS going on. It's time to put those claws and fists away and bring back the old Hammer, Axe and Polearms! No longer are you to tank. Your job is to debuff and amp for those left-out damage dealers.

Fret not, repair bills, pot and charm cost... all those times you did all those runs and didn't feel obligated to cover another's expense, no longer will you feel guilty, you'll be taking the burden!

So for this month, in every case possible, find a mage, psychic, veno or without pet tank everything. No fists, no claws.... let typical tank build barbs tank a little too, but the idea here is to let the casters do all the DD and tanking and see how fitting of a role it is for them. They dislike melee so much, let them do the job!

We've been doing it for so long, let them have it for a solid month. Let's support them all in their efforts. Give them thanks, afford them heals, let them take the brunt of melee and magic damage.

Time to gear up and get out there!

b:victory

I am Michael_Dark and I support this message.
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I second the notion but it'll have to pass through the legislative branch...
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It'll never work, 5.0's have this whole ego about being the highest DD in the game how will they let it go? Just because someone no ones ever heared of said so ain't going to cut it, though I do wish 5.0 would just DIE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus o_o

I will go open my own business of body tanking BH/FB59 till I get my Herc or some ****. b:pleased

But as Roseary said...I don't know if people will like this idea D:

I like it though b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Rose, you're not much of one for understanding sarcasm within posts are you?
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yay, I will get my Chill of the Deep on and DD with 1.25, like a good sin without int. b:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    See, clerics should be the first one to tank. All they need is a second cleric to heal them.

Of course, they won't be able to get by on their crappy 3* armors and +1 refined 90 glaives... they'll actually need to put some work into building a strong class instead of floating by on substandard gear because they never figured they'd have to do any tanking.

And now, they'll even be much more useful. b:pleased
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    See, clerics should be the first one to tank. All they need is a second cleric to heal them.

Of course, they won't be able to get by on their crappy 3* armors and +1 refined 90 glaives... they'll actually need to put some work into building a strong class instead of floating by on substandard gear because they never figured they'd have to do any tanking.

And now, they'll even be much more useful. b:pleased

Naw, just get me a cleric and I'll go tank everything that I could :DD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Eww.... you mean I gotta use my..... whats that weap called again? Bow? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Naw, just get me a cleric and I'll go tank everything that I could :DD

No pets though! b:angry You gotta be the meat shield and you alone! xD

Eww.... you mean I gotta use my..... whats that weap called again? Bow? b:bye

Yup... and WATCH THAT DAMAGE... (you might want to take off your rings too)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1 day after I get my deicides. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So for this month, in every case possible, find a mage, psychic, veno or archer tank everything.

One of these is not like the other when it comes to tanking.

Seriously. Archer tanking with bow is nothing new and is done all the time on MY-EN simply due to the ease and safety for many bosses. Barbs + BMs basically used as buff monkeys while the ranged people do their stuff. b:chuckle

Veno also isn't that bad except...damage in fox form sucks *** compared to other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    May archer use their bows in melee range of the monsters and magic classes melee the mobs to death.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    One of these is not like the other when it comes to tanking.

Seriously. Archer tanking with bow is nothing new and is done all the time on MY-EN simply due to the ease and safety for many bosses. Barbs + BMs basically used as buff monkeys while the ranged people do their stuff. b:chuckle

Yeah, I know, but they're ranged and I didn't feel like leaving them out. Yeah, Belial comes to mind... first people who tanked it on LC were all archers.... most of them from MY.

b:surrender
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I know, but they're ranged and I didn't feel like leaving them out. Yeah, Belial comes to mind... first people who tanked it on LC were all archers.... most of them from MY.

b:surrender

Lol...it's not only Belial. It's most of old 3-x as well...and probably new 3-x if MY-EN's management ever gets their **** together (which is never).

But yeah. I vote we have wizzies do the tanking. They seem to ***** the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    is this some sort of mercy sex or something?

i used to want balance. day after day there is a growing desire for 5aps to be made useless by introducing a new OP mechanic (maybe just for the new classes).
    lets see how u will feel then.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lol...it's not only Belial. It's most of old 3-x as well...and probably new 3-x if MY-EN's management ever gets their **** together (which is never).

Oh I know. After the changes ranged classes are even better at tanking Steelation, Minister and Arma than they were before. I'm just keeping my comments simple. lol

But yeah. I vote we have wizzies do the tanking. They seem to ***** the most.

Most of them need better gears and refines anyway. This just gives them the motivation to put more effort and thought into their gear. b:pleased

is this some sort of mercy sex or something?

i used to want balance. day after day there is a growing desire for 5aps to be made useless by introducing a new OP mechanic (maybe just for the new classes).
    lets see how u will feel then.

Yeah, they should turn Nirvana into the next 3-3 in terms of difficulty. Make it HARD for the APS classes. Let everyone else suffer. :O
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah, they should turn Nirvana into the next 3-3 in terms of difficulty. Make it HARD for the APS classes. Let everyone else suffer. :O

no, not really. more like a squad of 6 (5 spells per sec) mystics finishing a nirvana run in 2.5min
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All this anti-APS going on. It's time to put those claws and fists away and bring back the old Hammer, Axe and Polearms! No longer are you to tank. Your job is to debuff and amp for those left-out damage dealers.

So do you think I should restat so I could wear a high level hammer? Or should I instead go with a nice looking lighter model?

Oh, and can you recommend some good debuffing hammers, since I have sorely neglected to level up my archer hammer debuff skills?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh I know. After the changes ranged classes are even better at tanking Steelation, Minister and Arma than they were before. I'm just keeping my comments simple. lol

You mean Emperor instead of Minister, right? Minister wasn't changed.

Also...it seems to me that most archers don't have the required HP and defenses to tank those bosses here or something. Everyone always insists on melee tanks. >.>
    Most of them need better gears and refines anyway. This just gives them the motivation to put more effort and thought into their gear. b:pleased

Considering that wizzies are able to have better defenses than BMs if I remember right...well, it wouldn't be too bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I fully support this. Everyone start using axes/spear/swords/bows for a months, remove all int gear to and let low dps classes tank. The neglected tank builds would love it and instances would take forever (some social/outgoing people actually like that). I know for a fact how much barbs misses being the leading alpha male that constantly spams partychatt about their repair bill and charm ticks. That suicides when things go wrong to save everyones life during a 3 hour long instance. Wizards and clerics loves to tank magic bosses as we all know. If you say "wiz tank?" they tend to get extremely exited and accidentally press caps and be all "YES YES Np np" since its one of the few occasions where they can feel useful in a squad outside of TW.

I do get the sarcasm lol, but you would have to make all fists/claws impossible to equip for 1 months to pull this of. We are all to addicted to claws/fists and aps, no way in hell anyone would be able to let them just rest in bank to relive the old days. No clue what to do about the sins tho, make CoD perma-activated for 1 month maybe b:surrender.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So do you think I should restat so I could wear a high level hammer? Or should I instead go with a nice looking lighter model?

Oh, and can you recommend some good debuffing hammers, since I have sorely neglected to level up my archer hammer debuff skills?

Well, I originally included archers, but after careful consideration and a good rubbing in the face, I removed them. Debuff spear ftw?

You mean Emperor instead of Minister, right? Minister wasn't changed.

Also...it seems to me that most archers don't have the required HP and defenses to tank those bosses here or something. Everyone always insists on melee tanks. >.>

I know Minister wasn't changed, but he's nearly always been better (but not faster) with an archer tanking. Emperor? Archers hated tanking that BEFORE the changes... I can't imagine them wanting to do it after. I can't imagine a mage or cleric having to tank him. lol

Considering that wizzies are able to have better defenses than BMs if I remember right...well, it wouldn't be too bad.

Yes, then they'll have PvE competition that requires them to refine higher, shard better, get better gear so they can tank and DD better. I wonder how many of them would emo-rage like barbs used to. lol
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I know Minister wasn't changed, but he's nearly always been better (but not faster) with an archer tanking. Emperor? Archers hated tanking that BEFORE the changes... I can't imagine them wanting to do it after. I can't imagine a mage or cleric having to tank him. lol

I always preferred archer tank on Emp. Gives clerics more room.

And yeah...Minister always easier with ranged tank.
    Yes, then they'll have PvE competition that requires them to refine higher, shard better, get better gear so they can tank and DD better. I wonder how many of them would emo-rage like barbs used to. lol

Probably all of them. Barbs and wizzies seem to be pretty close personality-wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited December 2010
    Options
    I always preferred archer tank on Emp. Gives clerics more room.

And yeah...Minister always easier with ranged tank.

b:shocked Well the archers that I used to do it with would always cry every time they stole aggro on Emperor. Yes, I can understand about the clerics more room lol.

Probably all of them. Barbs and wizzies seem to be pretty close personality-wise.

b:chuckle
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I am Michael_Dark and I support this message.

i see what you did there...kinda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm buttercupcruella and I do NOT approve of this message.

Sarcasm aside, this is not a topic to laugh at.

Sure, the -int ppl have their heads up their asses and they WON'T just stopping using their weapons/armor just to do this riot.

Sure, a lot of females tasted other females and now they wouldn't wanna go back to man.

Sure, it would take longer (as before), but at least some classes could at least run some dungeons and get things done. Getting things done - repairs/pots/etc = overall satisfaction. No repairs + nothing done = stagnation (or even huge dissatisfaction) satisfaction>stagnation

I'm buttercupcruella and I do NOT approve of this message.

Sarcasm aside, this is not a topic to laugh at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Can't use claws?!?!

But....but....what other weapon can I possibly use?!?!

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No, we are perfectly happy to see:

xxxxxxx: lf squad nirvana, 4/5 aps only accepted.

You see I don't know how it goes on your server. People are not complaining about 5 aps because they don't like bms having their fun. What is upsetting is that it means that many others who cannot afford 4/5 aps on whatever class get left out. You make it seem like their is no prejudice when clearly there is. Instead you make your jokes about 5 aps people putting down their fist/claws so that the poor people can see how well they fare.

The point is not how we fare the point is the current system is not fair!!!! And its not your fault it is that way it is the developers fault. Make a system where every class can equally enjoy every aspect of the game OR have a game where there are other dungeons offerring similar goods that are catering to the non 4/5 aps classes.

Unless you are in certain factions/have very nice friends most nirvana squads don't want anyone other than cleric and 5 4/5 aps classes.

But hey for $xxxxxxx you can now get your Rankxxxxx gear so who needs to care about nirvana anymore once you got the $$$$$$$.

The only people who get left out are the 3star/legen/tt people cause they can't afford more than that. Its like real life. The haves and the have nots and thats why many people love f2p/cs mmos because its the kinda game where they can assert their dominace not by skill but by cash and time/luck.

But go ahead and put down your claws and fist. All that means is that you will have longer, crappy nirvana runs without solving the real problem. Go ahead and put your fist/claws away. While your're at it NPC all your -intv gear will ya.

PWI: In need of brave developers!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    But go ahead and put down your claws and fist. All that means is that you will have longer, crappy nirvana runs without solving the real problem. Go ahead and put your fist/claws away. While your're at it NPC all your -intv gear will ya.

Sweet, I would totally NPC about 4 months worth of farming/merching to NPC all my -int gear.

owait, bound....

Point is, sure, you have some major cashshoppers who have OP 5.0 aps, then you have the QQers QQing about how they can't get into squads, believe me, I was one of them. Then you have those who set goals out on just getting their -int gears without cashshopping.

My goal in the summer was to get an aps build. Now I'm sporting a 5.0 aps build with decent refines.....er...+5....b:surrender

Point is, you can QQ about it, or you can join the -int craze like I sadly did, and if you just hate how OP it is and demand change....well...goodluck to you, its probably not going to happen for awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Point is, you can QQ about it, or you can join the -int craze like I sadly did, and if you just hate how OP it is and demand change....well...goodluck to you, its probably not going to happen ever.

Fixed :)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *Puts away TT100 fists* Remember, remember the first of December o_o?