Harshlands + Lost City = Good Game

Options
Rome - Harshlands
Rome - Harshlands Posts: 180 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
GM's plz do this game a HUGE favor. and Merge LC and HL. i promise the profit from this would make you all millionaires. And TW would be fun = much more people playing. just a thought you have to take into consideration. kkthxbai.

~Rome
Post edited by Rome - Harshlands on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^ Agreed.

At one time I was adamantly opposed to server merges... I think the time has come. PWI is ready for it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    GM's plz do this game a HUGE favor. and Merge LC and HL. i promise the profit from this would make you all millionaires. And TW would be fun = much more people playing. just a thought you have to take into consideration. kkthxbai.

~Rome

Hmmm.. that sounds like a good idea, atleast it would make PvP severs more interesting.

Harshlands + Lost City = more fun/ Pking / TW's / QQ from people getting pked :P / more people to squad with.. and etc...

I just don't know if its possible to even merge two servers together with all the players in it without some type of problem though..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

~Rome
    Only if you make moar TW vids
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol if they merge servers...trust me you will see tw video's like you've never seen before they would be so much fun ^^ b:pleased
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol if they merge servers...trust me you will see tw video's like you've never seen before they would be so much fun ^^ b:pleased

Wouldn't the map need to be reseated if that happened?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    of COURSE. that makes it the most fun...
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I cant imagen all the Zulu QQs if we get merged and the map got reset b:chuckle

anyways, that actually sounds like fun. maybe ill get motivation to lvl some more and actually play the game. and besides we have enough servers as it is. merging them might make ppl want to start playing some more b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    zulu > essence imo. ijs. =P but nah i promise you ZERO zulu will QQ if servers got merged and map reset. mark my words. b:shutup
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    and i joke about zulu > essence. ive never seen essence figth a tw so i cant be a judge b:pleased no raging on this thread please <3
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:laugh imma laugh if your wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    In theory it's nice, the application is where things get messy.

I've done some server merges myself and they're not pretty, something almost always tends to go wrong, but with the millions the PWE's made off of pack money I'm sure they can hire some programming gurus to merge the tables for each server without any problems. b:bye
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh ****! they would have to spend MONEY!? damnit my hopes and dreams are shattered now QQ b:cry
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Im totally down, I've actually put alot of thought into this aswell. I kinda have it all mapped out in my head, but I get stumped when it comes to the name database.
    There is probably a Rome on Lost City, so what would happen there?
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Im totally down, I've actually put alot of thought into this aswell. I kinda have it all mapped out in my head, but I get stumped when it comes to the name database.
    There is probably a Rome on Lost City, so what would happen there?

Just one of many examples of some of the problems that come up in server merges.

Very easily overcome, I don't know what the actual PW source code looks like, but for anything using SQL tables to store information then it's touch and go until everything's done, then you slowly go through all the problems and hope you get them all b:shocked
    edited December 2010
    Options
    zulu > essence imo. ijs. =P but nah i promise you ZERO zulu will QQ if servers got merged and map reset. mark my words. b:shutup

I'm 11k hp unbuffed. Imagine running in to stun and you have 4 or 5 +12 8jun/Nirvana mages and archers on you, half the time, before you're even in range to stun. It's... brutal. About 2 platinum charms per war if they go the distance. And with all this cheap rep now in the cash shop. There are gonna be soooo many more 8juns.

And you would come to understand the term Ehee'd. b:surrender
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    the longer the person been playing pwi on that account keeps the name. the other person would either add a lil something like an underscore or just change name? idk
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    merge all the servers and make each faction have a 100 man limit

now imagine those tw's
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    understand the term "Nurfed"? bro there is not a weapon or player in all PWI that scares me b:thanks. not even urdian...+12 R8 psychic/+11 g15 and some +12 gear. g15 cube neck...trust me ive been against it all b:victory. not saying it will be easy. it will be fun.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Did not read any post but OP. To OP the reason there is two PVP servers it latency. One on east coast the other on west. So people can get the best connection to the game possible. Your suggestion would ruin that. I apologize but if the only PVP servers need merged maybe its time for PW to do away with PVP servers. In my EXP only times servers are merged is when there are not enough players on either. If 2 servers are too much for those who wanna PVP it's just a waste of money. Again the reason for the two we have is so everyone has the ability to choose one at least semi close to them for best connection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    merge all the servers and make each faction have a 100 man limit

now imagine those tw's

imagine the MASS LAGGG. b:shocked

And don't get me started with the gold prices... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well i have under 200 latency on both east and west servers. dont see how thats a huge deal....people play from all over the world on these servers not just americans =P
    edited December 2010
    Options
    understand the term "Nurfed"? bro there is not a weapon or player in all PWI that scares me b:thanks. not even urdian...+12 R8 psychic/+11 g15 and some +12 gear. g15 cube neck...trust me ive been against it all b:victory. not saying it will be easy. it will be fun.

Yeah, I remember Nurfed. Imagine like... having to face 4 or 5 of them on the other side waiting for you. It's not just like having a player or two like that, our enemies have several squads geared like that. It hurts. A lot. And yeah, it would be tons of fun.
  • Rome - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ok going to sleep. keep this thread open plz and keep discussing your opinions. i wanna wake up to some good chat =) b:victory
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If the failures at cubizone can do it I'm certain the original company can if they wanted. Wait another year maybe.

I have a feeling harshlands has many more cash shoppers. A lot of them are idiots but honestly both servers could produce an amazing top 80 that would come down to teamwork which I think harshlands would have the upper hand in. I'm not sure how zulu is now but I always seemed their entire guild pvped just like their core members who were pretty good.

If the servers merge I'd hope for a new guild to be created where I could join with the people I used to play on harshlands with.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well i have under 200 latency on both east and west servers. don't see how thats a huge deal....people play from all over the world on these servers not just Americans =P

Thats you. both me and my brother have much more when connecting to west coat then we have connecting to east. It's the same with all game those who have east coast server we have no issues with. west coast server we are screwed. We can't even use our PS3s online since their servers ARE IN JAPAN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I disagree, now instead of 1 faction owning the map mow theres 2 (or 3, idk how harshlands is)? No thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't care about any essence vs zulu or whatever you want to put up, both guilds have some incredibly geared players etc, its not all about them.
    This would create SO much fun, you have no idea. The amount of trash talking would be so fun <3
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All this Essence vs Zulu talk yet no one even dares to mention Kamisama who just beat Essence. I guess we're just on a whole other level now.b:cool

I'd like to see this and have the three guilds go at it, I don't want to see LC vs Harsh. Hell with two servers merging a fourth could even pop up as strong as the other three.

I'm sure Harshands has many great players, but between the two top guilds you could almost fill one side of a TW with all the +12 R8/nirv weapons. I might be included in that group soon too.b:cute
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if this happened I would roll on the PvP server (Harsh City?)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All this Essence vs Zulu talk yet no one even dares to mention Kamisama who just beat Essence. I guess we're just on a whole other level now.b:cool

I'd like to see this and have the three guilds go at it, I don't want to see LC vs Harsh. Hell with two servers merging a fourth could even pop up as strong as the other three.

I'm sure Harshands has many great players, but between the two top guilds you could almost fill one side of a TW with all the +12 R8/nirv weapons. I might be included in that group soon too.b:cute

Trust me there are a lot of cash shoppers on harshlands. I'd say lost city has a higher number of people with experience but harshlands isn't far behind. It would come down to organization and again, harshlands is at an advantage as they have 1 dominant guild instead of 2.