The Market Has Chrashed!!!

Options
maerwenne
maerwenne Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
PWI:

First you decrease the drops. Now the price of Gold has more than doubled.
You can no longer make any decent amount of money in catshops because the
price of mats has dropped to almost nil. I don't mind spending some money for
the special mounts or wings, etc. that I choose . Your free to play game is becoming
very costly. Please tell me why I should spend 4 to 5 million on a hammer to open
a one million chest or open lvl 50 supply stash for a weapon that I will probably only
use for 10 levels.

There needs to be some sort of regulation on the price of gold.

I have quit other games because the market was outrageous. 20 mil for this 40 mil
for that. Several of my friends are no longer playing like they used to. The game
was challenging before. Now it's just plain tiring.
Post edited by maerwenne on

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh noes.

I think people still make a lot in catshops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    regulation to gold? no ty.
    laissez faire laissez passer plox
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    We must be playing two different games then since my catshop makes 10-30 mil a day still.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    We must be playing two different games then since my catshop makes 10-30 mil a day still.

*makes an alt in HL to see what okeano's shop sells*
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My shop isn't named "Okeano's Shop" b:chuckle.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have a fix!!!

PWI, give EVERY1 50 gold to compensate for all the problems...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well, this game allow people with low self-appraisal rise it up with low amount of money. Really low, because "own" in real life worth a lot :) So someone buy new Porsche for show his "cool". Someone, who havn't money for Porsche or Ferrari - buy new Rank 9 in PWI :)

If you can't skip with people and enjoy game without OP gear - yes, better to leave it.

Yes, i know, my English is horrible, but can't recheck/rewrite all due head pain b:surrender
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Market isn't ruin, just need to adapt to it.

But if you hate to think this game as a giant economical game, then yea....you are in a world of hurt. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The thing is that what was once considered powerful is now average. This game is no longer skill dependent but gear dependent. The most basic of formulas is that the more damage you can do the faster you can kill whether it be pve or pvp.

Take the power of weapons away and see how quickly the dash for cash slows to a halt but alas that is wasted typing on my part because hark:

r9 directly through cash shops and packs cost even less.

So yeah, we are wasting time talking about it because the direction this game is going in is blatantly obvious. More power = more money = more power!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWE already got a clean headshot on the market when packs came out.

Right now they're just throwing rocks at its corpse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stargatez
    stargatez Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The point of this conversation is why spend 5 gold on a perfect hammer when it is only going to get you 1 gold back in return as the equivalent !!!!!
  • Ksenyan - Dreamweaver
    Ksenyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So dont spend 5 gold. Sell this box to npc and forget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I wonder what would happen if no one Bought/Charged gold for 2 weeks b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Bull.

You make 7.3 billion average in a year?

And even if you did, you're a tiny, tiny, tiny minority and the rest are still struggling away like normal. Doesn't make the game any less ridiculous.

That said, OP is whining a little. TT99 mats are at an all time high lately. Just need to level a character to farming level, find some friends and easy money.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bull.

You make 7.3 billion average in a year?

And even if you did, you're a tiny, tiny, tiny minority and the rest are still struggling away like normal. Doesn't make the game any less ridiculous.

That said, OP is whining a little. TT99 mats are at an all time high lately. Just need to level a character to farming level, find some friends and easy money.

No bull, all from merchant. 42 days ago I had 180 mil, lunar claws +5, no Nirvana gears and all G7 shards. 42 days later, I have Nirvana plate, legs, TT100 fists +10, G13 Nirvana axes, G13 Nirvana magic sword+7 for wifey's Cleric, TT99 AA boots +160 mil in coins. You do the math. (btw I opened 500 packs 2 nights ago and got noting above 5 mil, so about 80 mil gone there)
  • BroodLord - Lost City
    BroodLord - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All i can say is i know ppl on lost city who make 100mil+ a day with jsut 5 hours play time. This game isnt hard or anything its jsut the lazyness of ppl.And doing 20-30mil a day in catshop is pretty easy even if you jsut farm 1-3 you make an average of 2mil a run without gold mats b:surrender
  • Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No bull, all from merchant. 42 days ago I had 180 mil, lunar claws +5, no Nirvana gears and all G7 shards. 42 days later, I have Nirvana plate, legs, TT100 fists +10, G13 Nirvana axes, G13 Nirvana magic sword+7 for wifey's Cleric, TT99 AA boots +160 mil in coins. You do the math. (btw I opened 500 packs 2 nights ago and got noting above 5 mil, so about 80 mil gone there)

~.~ You sank $500 into the game...or are you telling us all that you're so grossly rich that you were able to buy gold at the 700k+ cost (last I checked on DW) to buy those 500 packs. If you used in-game coin...that would come out to approx 350,000,000 coin...

In any case, I can understand where the OP is coming from, frankly we farmed the heck out of TT during double drops and got several gold mats, most of what we got sold and in the end I only ended up making about 5mil profit (the profit was split amongst party members). So for those people who are selling off end-game gear for other end-game gear and making 10-20mil off each transaction, your obvious disconnect from when you were first starting in this game does nothing but rub salt in the wounds of the people who are having problems.

No player who PLAYS the game starts off with 20-50mil coin...players who have played since Beta can make that kind of money due to being high lvl. High Lvl =/= Starting the game.

Don't even get me started on the sheer greed of some of the inflation.
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ~.~ You sank $500 into the game...or are you telling us all that you're so grossly rich that you were able to buy gold at the 700k+ cost (last I checked on DW) to buy those 500 packs. If you used in-game coin...that would come out to approx 350,000,000 coin...

I spent no money on this game after rerolled HL server. Yes, all those packs were bought with in game coins. I say I have opened close to, if not over 2000 packs already. No Scroll of Tome yet. Packs in bulk were only 45 silver per, so 500 packs at 750k gold were only about 170 mil with fee.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    They should just make hammer available through npc for 1 mill coins.
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    In my opinion they are trying to get ppl to play there other games now by changing things like price of DQ items, and TW rewards used to be cubi now are mirage.

I think when he said cat shops were suffering he was talking about mats n smaller stuff not cash items. I have a Mat/DQ shop and i dont see much change yet but.... The Big factions out there have banks that are over flowing with TT, herb, mats, and stones. Its only a matter of time before they all end up on the market and it crashes. (the other day i say WC and some faction leader was selling 120 forsuras armor for durt cheap.

Now changing Cubi to mirrage for TW reward.... You may not have liked Cala vary much because they were vary powerfull but one thing they did do was keep cubi pricess down. Winning TW a lot they had tones of cubi and put it up on AH keeping it capped at about 350k.

The admin did try to cap cubi last week they put 200 cubi up on the market at low pricess, gess what happened.... thats right some guy with a lot of money figured he would buy them all and sell them for a higher price.

As for there Facebook popularity contest, it got a lot of new players in but pricess are so high for everything that they Quit almost as soon as the joined.

I see this game failing soon, but its been nice playing with you all.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    maerwenne wrote: »
    PWI:

First you decrease the drops. Now the price of Gold has more than doubled.
    You can no longer make any decent amount of money in catshops because the
    price of mats has dropped to almost nil.

Then do something else other than selling mats? Or is that the only way you know how to make coins? Use your head and try to find out what will make the most amount of coins with minimal amount of work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • RobertDutu - Lost City
    RobertDutu - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh look, it's another of these threads!

In this game there are so many ways to earn money. Just explore around and think. Adapt, embrace the changes or wither away into nothingness.
    I am Jack's raging bile duct.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You can still make a decent amount of cash in catshops if you WORK for it, for example i farm mats and make wines then sell them, it is time-consuming but a rather steady income.
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thats why you uninstall the game and come chat on forums. like me :D ...
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ok i confess im going to sell 100 gold tonight..on a alt..so be on the look out!!!
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    - It's Free to play as ever... BUT .. please define 'play' ..
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK I have said it B4 and I'll say it again. WITHOUT THE CASH SHOPPERS NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY FOR FREE. THERE WOULD EITHER BE NO PWE OR IT WOULD BE A SUB GAME. So STHU and leave things alone. PWE doing what ever they can to keep cashshoppers buying **** keeps the game running. This isn't about keeping free playing leaches happy. It's about keeping the people that are paying for the server the leaches are playing on happy. You wanna QQ about people buying their way to leetness yet you fail to realize. Real money deserves better then free players since the cashshoppers are the ones paying to keep the servers going.

I'm sorry but it's a fact of life. If the cashshoppers didn't wast tons of money on this game they would shut it down because it would be loosing them money. This is business. If they are not making money they wont give free access. It would be a sub game and anyone that can't pay wont play.

I will always take the side of Cashshoppers since they are the ones paying for the server I play on. I support anything PWE has to do to keep them paying and keep the servers up. I don't give a damn if all the other people who don't pay leave as long as cashshoppers are paying to keep the servers up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK I have said it B4 and I'll say it again. WITHOUT THE CASH SHOPPERS NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY FOR FREE. THERE WOULD EITHER BE NO PWE OR IT WOULD BE A SUB GAME. So STHU and leave things alone. PWE doing what ever they can to keep cashshoppers buying **** keeps the game running. This isn't about keeping free playing leaches happy. It's about keeping the people that are paying for the server the leaches are playing on happy. You wanna QQ about people buying their way to leetness yet you fail to realize. Real money deserves better then free players since the cashshoppers are the ones paying to keep the servers going.

I'm sorry but it's a fact of life. If the cashshoppers didn't wast tons of money on this game they would shut it down because it would be loosing them money. This is business. If they are not making money they wont give free access. It would be a sub game and anyone that can't pay wont play.

I will always take the side of Cashshoppers since they are the ones paying for the server I play on. I support anything PWE has to do to keep them paying and keep the servers up. I don't give a damn if all the other people who don't pay leave as long as cashshoppers are paying to keep the servers up.

Take ur nerdrage somewhere else.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Take ur nerdrage somewhere else.

I'm being honest not selfish like most people here. If you can't handle that kiss my furrie ***. They are the reason PWE are able to pay for every server we play and every update we get. I'm sorry if you can't live in reality but it's a fact. If people don't spend tons on the CS we would not have a game to play. It's simple business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    stargatez wrote: »
    The point of this conversation is why spend 5 gold on a perfect hammer when it is only going to get you 1 gold back in return as the equivalent !!!!!
    That would be a very short conversation:

"Why do idiots spend 5 Gold to get 1 Gold back?"
    "Because they're idiots."

Perhaps the better conversation is why do so many people, who know something is idiotic, create threads where they complain that they've found something idiotic that they really really really want to do anyway.
    You can still make a decent amount of cash in catshops if you WORK for it, for example i farm mats and make wines then sell them, it is time-consuming but a rather steady income.
    Ewww... "work"...

I've "worked" various markets in the game, and you know what happened? None of them has proven to be as profitable as the mindlessly simple markets where I put in very little effort.

I guess the moral of the story is that being as lazy as possible is more profitable, since you're always finding the shortest path to success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com