Thread for GM's, How to get people playing casters again

Options
JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary
JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
5.0 We all love it and hate it. Love it cause bosses get creamed faster, hate it when you dont have one in your squad.

Hate it even more cause the "fixes" they added to the game to stop 5.0 soloing TT's or even totally dominating TT/Nirvana have ruined the game for casters.

First off if you dont have a 5.0 in your squad it makes some of the bosses damn right anoying, it's too random if your gonna live or not.

Everyone is slowly moving off their casters and moving onto some kind of APS class.

My idea is .. leave the bosses how they are you were on the right track, made it anoying for fisters etc, but make the debuffs mid range, so casters can avoid seals, seals are totally ruining the game for casters. If I wanted to stand still barely being able to do anything and having to mash keys all the time ... hey wait I already have to do that cause im a cleric... now my spells just get interupted every 10 seconds.

Seriously, even if you resist the seal it still interupts your spell, not fun on a cleric or wizard with our long channel times.

So the solution = make seal mid range (like 25 or whatever), so casters can still do their thing, and maybe archers will go back to being archers??

We are still going to only be doing about 1/5th of what 5.0 do even without seal on us so what is the harm??

I wanna see my friends come back, I wanna squad with casters and archers. I want to actually squad, hell 5.0 just go off and solo stuff by themselves and dont include others anyways. Why not remove this anoying seal **** and let us have a bit of fun again.

Sure I could make a 5.0 but I'm not really that interested, and the tired old aurgement "but you guys are good at PVP" doesnt really cut it on PVE servers and I'm sure those on PVP servers are over it as well. I PVE 95% of the time and only do TW 3 or 6 hours a week.

So while I think 5.0 has ruined the game, I wouldn't want it to be removed because in some ways it has really taken away some of the slowness in instances and its nice to have someone being able to do that much damage. Just why ruin it for the rest of us still stupid enough to be a cleric or other caster (at least veno's have the option to mix it up a bit if they want 2).

Anyways that's my idea, if you support it add a reply saying so, if you have a better idea post it here.

Not sure I will stay around in this game much longer if they dont fix it.
Post edited by JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I agree with what you say :) I have no intention of ever going to build up aps. Still I want to be able to do some endgame instances when I reach that lvl. Ofc I can go with friends/fac, but that's ofc not always possible due to timezone difference.

aps doesn't have to be removed or nerfed imo. Don't let the community taste something like that and then remove it.
    But I would like to see actions to give casters a place again in squads :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Another poorly thought out solution to nerf all melees at the cost of 5 APSers.

I'll say it again, not all melees are 5 APS or anywhere even close to it. And if you cant afford 5 APS, you're in the same boat as the "casters". The problem is 5 APSers, not all melees. Dont make a solution which causes more problems then it solves. Any solution to the 5 APS problem will have to only affect high APS melee, and not all of them.

Back to the Drawing board with you.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I'll say it again, not all melees are 5 APS or anywhere even close to it. And if you cant afford 5 APS, you're in the same boat as the "casters". The problem is 5 APSers, not all melees. Dont make a solution which causes more problems then it solves. Any solution to the 5 APS problem will have to only affect high APS melee, and not all of them.

So what is your solution?

As for seals being mid range, I'd suggest 18 meters since some classes have a 25 meter cast range even with demon or sage. It's still close enough for BB to be sealed, but not far enough for spells like Chromatic Healing Beam (20 meter range) to be sealed.

Eh, or not; I never found it annoying to be sealed during that cast.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

did you read the OP properly at all?
    she suggested to simply make the seal range have less distance so us casters dont have to deal with it with it being bad enough that it takes abit to get our skill off, never mind get sealed in mid, then try again, there would be no change at all to close range DDs.

back to...what ever thread your trolling/not bothering to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    did you read the OP properly at all?
    she suggested to simply make the seal range have less distance so us casters dont have to deal with it with it being bad enough that it takes abit to get our skill off, never mind get sealed in mid, then try again, there would be no change at all to close range DDs.

back to...what ever thread your trolling/not bothering to read.

Pretty sure he did read the OP. If you are making a normal squad (no 5.0 DDs or anything), melees aren't going to do anything. Plus if a barb tanks, holding aggro will be much harder.

If that happens, archers and ranged DDs in general will be the most seeked class for Nirvana. Definitely a good thing but... while 5.0 DDs would still be valuable, it would destroy Nirvana for barbs and low-aps sins and BMs.

We need something that nerfs high aps but doesn't affect anything else.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

i volunteer to go buff bosses with soul of vengeanceb:chuckle
    or teach them soulburn b:avoid
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Why not change... NOTHING on the 5aps ?

Even though i have no aps char and ALL of my chars are either caster or an actual bowarcher, which i'm planning on KEEPING a pure bow.

Why not change the requisite of getting into nirvana?
    Just like you have with Rebirth... if you have a rainbow squad you have extra beans, if not; tough luck.

fact of the matter is, a squad with 3 or 4 5.0's make the rest of the squad nearly useless, even for a barb or cleric.
    At the current state of the game Nirvana is like a breeze if you have 3 or high 5.0's in your squad. bosses drop if only a 5.0's as so much looks at them, let alone 3 or 4 of them.

So i say, make it juuust a tad harder for those people but DO NOT take the effort they put into away.
    Let them keep the 5.0 aps and just make it so Nirvana has a prequisite squad outlay.

Idea: Either get in with a rainbow squad or a squad only made out of 5.0's/melee, which means NO cleric.
    Rainbow squad gets "normal" mode.
    aps squad gets "harder" mode ?

Why ? because if you look at it, without being a nittypicker about foodcosts or repairbills.
    the fact THAT these runs go so quick is because they have the opportunity to go apenuts with their DD cause there IS a cleric to save their hiney or a good enough barb to take aggro back.

With JUST a 5.0's squad they are forced to even use their super awesome DD, as a team, even MORE.
    it makes it harder, but also more challanging cause they will have to keep themselves alive as well.

rofl, i know i'm going to get various responces.. or maybe even none.
    But it seems like an idea to me.
    Now you'll have to forgive me, i'm just throwing this out there for the sake of "thinking along" i have no idea how or what the damage is in Nirvana, but to be honest if i see how fast a 5.0's squad take down a boss with heals that's just insane.
    why not stop bashing on 5.0's but instead embrace it and make it even more of a challange when you DO have it?
    while at the same time open up an end game instance for more people than JUST high aps and high $$$geared people.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Macenza - Archosaur
    Macenza - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So i say, make it juuust a tad harder for those people but DO NOT take the effort they put into away.

i like how you say effort, when the majority just sliped there CC into the game and bought it, not many people actually bothered to farm, proof? was the game full of 5aps before packs? nope.
    Let them keep the 5.0 aps and just make it so Nirvana has a prequisite squad outlay.

Idea: Either get in with a rainbow squad or a squad only made out of 5.0's/melee, which means NO cleric.
    Rainbow squad gets "normal" mode.
    aps squad gets "harder" mode ?

have had this idea chucked around a few times, it seems the only viable solution, but without the hard mode, just simply a mode that requires a certain set of classes to be involved, such as

1 barb (minimum)
    1 cleric (minimum)
    2 magic DD (psy, cleric, mage, veno)
    2 physical DD (BM, barb, archer, sin)

so if the dungeon had that sort of requirement, the most 5 aps in a party would be 2 (or 3 if the barb tank had 5 aps), but at least non 5apers and the magic classes would be able to get involved properly, question is, are the devs smart enough.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I like being in squads of 5 BMs/Sin/Archer + cleric (or cleric/veno+ 4 high APS). I don't have the time to do TT runs anymore. Trudging through instances that take an hour or more is just annoying, especially know they can be done faster.

If you're really running into problems getting squads, you can just start them on your own. People trolling you for not having high APS? Blacklist them; they aren't worth listening to and probably missed a hug or two in their life and just want to find anything to make themselves feel superior.

I play nothing but casters and a 1.25 APS sin. I don't have problems finding a squad- usually I have to turn them down because I want to go grind, do chores, draw or something else (or even plain old idle).

I do still stand by having seal reach far enough so that a cleric cannot BB spam Nirvana, but allow classes that don't have that far a cast range (think venos were one of the classes capped at 25 meters for one of the paths) to not get sealed. Or at least offer a seal failure of sorts.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nobody has the damn time to look for all 5.0 squads. Even top DDs of the server will run with a cleric and at least 1 other robe. It's not 5.0s only running stuff by themselves, it's 5.0s only running stuff with their friends and spouses. There is no 5.0 elitist conspiracy. It's only backwater squads that have suck DD that will only ask for 5.0s. For that reason, imposing a squad setup is just pointless and annoying.

About the seal, I see the random aggro after the seal as the more annoying problem. Usually it's the cleric that will grab aggro first after seal wears off as well.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I still say give Nirvana bosses reflect buffs. XD

I mean think about it - 5aps classes gain/hold aggro because of pure DPS. If a good portion of that DPS were reflected on them, even their precious sage Bloodpaint probably couldn't save them. Whereas a barb's method of aggro control is only a single hit with a significant hate bonus - more than enough for a cleric to handle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i like how you say effort, when the majority just sliped there CC into the game and bought it, not many people actually bothered to farm, proof? was the game full of 5aps before packs? nope.

kinda wrong, packs opened possibility for everyone to merchant 5APS for their chars..
    i know more merchanted 5APS chars then CC 5APS chars..

have had this idea chucked around a few times, it seems the only viable solution, but without the hard mode, just simply a mode that requires a certain set of classes to be involved, such as

1 barb (minimum)
    1 cleric (minimum)
    2 magic DD (psy, cleric, mage, veno)
    2 physical DD (BM, barb, archer, sin)

so if the dungeon had that sort of requirement, the most 5 aps in a party would be 2 (or 3 if the barb tank had 5 aps), but at least non 5apers and the magic classes would be able to get involved properly, question is, are the devs smart enough.

nothing would be changed really.. you would have APS barb/BM/archer/sin and cleric/veno.. and its regular APS squad.. and its rainbow squad..
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nobody has the damn time to look for all 5.0 squads. Even top DDs of the server will run with a cleric and at least 1 other robe. It's not 5.0s only running stuff by themselves, it's 5.0s only running stuff with their friends and spouses. There is no 5.0 elitist conspiracy. It's only backwater squads that have suck DD that will only ask for 5.0s. For that reason, imposing a squad setup is just pointless and annoying.

About the seal, I see the random aggro after the seal as the more annoying problem. Usually it's the cleric that will grab aggro first after seal wears off as well.

I guess not many people have 5.0s, but say 3.33... They actually do have the time to spam wc for such dds only. Yes, occasionally they ask for a cleric as well, but no need for another robe player. I guess there's a difference in PvP and PvE servers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I mean think about it - 5aps classes gain/hold aggro because of pure DPS. If a good portion of that DPS were reflected on them, even their precious sage Bloodpaint probably couldn't save them. Whereas a barb's method of aggro control is only a single hit with a significant hate bonus - more than enough for a cleric to handle.

again the problem is that this will also nerf every other melee char that doesn't have aps. :/
    I don't think there really is any other solution than doing longer runs and squadding with your friends.

Either way someone will always pull at the short end of the stick.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options

b:shocked I don't think even I could keep up with healing everyone with bosses that have reflect and there are a lot of people out there that know just how spam- happy I am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm writing this in hopes that maybe it will be taken as a suggestion for future expansions. to aid in balancing with the other classes.

The problem lays in squads only wanting to run with 4-5aps. When you state that you're not of said orientation, you get either punted, or treated as an opener. If you want to run a Nirvana with lower than a certain attacks per second, (I only have 2) you do have to set it up on your own. However, the issue still remains that people will still leave parties, if the tank is stated as "Not having aps."

This became a problem when random aggro was placed onto the bosses there.

Suggestion?

Make multiple Nirvana run modes:

Solo mode Nirvana: which has a chance to the "normal amount of chests" the bosses are simpler to fight, allowing non-aps classes to either catch up in damage output, or if they so desire, to build aps.

Squad mode Nirvana: Having a chance to drop "2-3" chests ber boss. Keep the same boss random aggro, but make it drop easier.

I dunno.....

Fixing the APS issue needs to be done, but PWI doesnt seem interested in fixing the issue, nor balancing PVE so that all classes can enjoy it. APS isnt a new thing to PWI, and has been constituted since it was made.

Well..... They could do what private servers do.

Make having more than 3aps a bannable offense.

they could;

Make Claws and fists class specific, which would be bad for their income, because their larger cash shop players would then not want to spend money in game.

Mabye they could;

Make 4-5 aps harder to obtain? By lowering the - interval aquired per piece of equipment? Again that would cause cash shoppers to leave the game, because they already spent large quantities of dollars in game.

A good suggestion could be;

To give a damage increase to classes using their class specific weapons. Increasing Mastery damages per class. Decreasing damage dealt from classes that dont have masteries for certain weapon types, by 50%; such as an archer using claws that have a base damage of 498-673, instead they would have a base attack for that specific weapon of 249 - 336. However if the archer used a bow, which the base damage would be 1195-2219, plus their mastery and dex, would get an additional boon of 50% for using a class specific weapon.

An easier way to say this would be a bm using a set of claws would get +20 attack level, while a barb, sin, archer, would ger -20.

Even the possibilty of giving - interval when wielding class specific weapons, such as bow crossbow, slingshot, axe. by .1 or greater.

doing this wouldn't completely discourage people from using aps weapons, but it would breathe some life back into non aps classes, such as wizards, Psys, clerics venos and archers. Remember its just a suggestion.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Horrible idea.

Reflect damages your armor, and if you're going to be DDing that slow, your repair costs will be more than the mats you're farming. I mean think about it; take your 5 barb 1 cleric squad into a nirvana run where it takes 2-3 hours to finish. Their drops will have to be sold just to cover their 150k-200k repair costs. That would effectively make the low DD earn even less money.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    again the problem is that this will also nerf every other melee char that doesn't have aps. :/
    I don't think there really is any other solution than doing longer runs and squadding with your friends.

Either way someone will always pull at the short end of the stick.
    b:surrender
    b:shocked I don't think even I could keep up with healing everyone with bosses that have reflect and there are a lot of people out there that know just how spam- happy I am.
    This is somewhat true, but all it would mean is that there would, perhaps, need to be a second cleric in-squad to help heal a second melee DD. Or, hell - why not let it be designed for casters/archers instead, so there's only one tank? I think the worst side-effect of that would be that DD meleers would need to use a bow instead - which is only really a problem for BMs since Archers and Sins have no problem with bows, and the barb would be tanking in this scenario anyway.

But how about this idea instead? Give the bosses a short-range AOE debuff which reduces attack speed. Have the boss cast this repeatedly so that purifying the debuff would be nigh-useless. Let's say it's a 40% debuff. That would knock a base 5.0 player down to 3.0, and force a non-base-5.0 to use demon spark / pots / etc. in order to retain some of their aps. By contrast, let's take a 2.5aps player - they'd only go down to 1.5, which is near the normal attack rate of fists. In this way, stacking -int would still have a benefit, but it's not nearly as broken a benefit.

Or we could just, y'know, cap aps at 3 and solve the problem in every possible instance. -_- ijs

EDIT: No, I've never been to Nirvana. I'm speaking only from basic common sense about how boss-running works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All this talk is relatively stupid, IMO.

How many of you venos have lvl 11 amp, sage soul degen, demon armor break, myriads, etc...?

How many archers here have Bloodvow?

Or barbs not afraid to devour?

Mage? You just need a highly refined weapon...

Sorry, some of the BS constantly regurgitated by non-aps classes is really lame. Some of the fastest squads I've been in weren't all APS classes, but balanced squads that actually know what they're doing.

Learn to play. Learn to make friends. Learn "invite to squad". Learn to ask "Looking for ep/dd/veno/barb for Nirvana runs".

Most of the time... most of the people complaining about not being able to get squads are expecting others to do all the work for them. This predates BH or Nirvana, but surely includes them.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is somewhat true, but all it would mean is that there would, perhaps, need to be a second cleric in-squad to help heal a second melee DD. Or, hell - why not let it be designed for casters/archers instead, so there's only one tank? I think the worst side-effect of that would be that DD meleers would need to use a bow instead - which is only really a problem for BMs since Archers and Sins have no problem with bows, and the barb would be tanking in this scenario anyway.

Well... I guess this is a decent idea since BMs can just spam genie chi skills, DD with bows (or use axes for skill spamming...) and spam HF. It does sound stupid but it isn't the worst idea I've heard.
    But how about this idea instead? Give the bosses a short-range AOE debuff which reduces attack speed. Have the boss cast this repeatedly so that purifying the debuff would be nigh-useless. Let's say it's a 40% debuff. That would knock a base 5.0 player down to 3.0, and force a non-base-5.0 to use demon spark / pots / etc. in order to retain some of their aps. By contrast, let's take a 2.5aps player - they'd only go down to 1.5, which is near the normal attack rate of fists. In this way, stacking -int would still have a benefit, but it's not nearly as broken a benefit.

Or we could just, y'know, cap aps at 3 and solve the problem in every possible instance. -_- ijs

That would do just fine if all sins/BMs had that 5 aps. Most of them don't and they would have to use other weapons, in this case axes. Of course BMs might still get squads for HFing but low-aps sins for sure wouldn't.

Hard cap at 3.33 wouldn't solve much (if anything at all). Of course 3.33 isn't permaspark for BMs or archers but it sure is for sins.
  • JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Pretty sure he did read the OP. If you are making a normal squad (no 5.0 DDs or anything), melees aren't going to do anything. Plus if a barb tanks, holding aggro will be much harder.

If that happens, archers and ranged DDs in general will be the most seeked class for Nirvana. Definitely a good thing but... while 5.0 DDs would still be valuable, it would destroy Nirvana for barbs and low-aps sins and BMs.

Pretty sure he didn't read it. I didnt ask to change anything about 5.0. If your a melee squad you are already stuffed.

OH NO arhcers will be the most sort after instead of of something else? Barbs can't hold agro with high aps anyway, unless they are aps themselves. Even with seal on barbs but not on casters they are going to be able to hold agro, and aps classes are still going to be doing 5x more damage.

I am mostly talking about high end instances where all bosses seal constantly, melee classes that arnt APS already are as useless as casters on these bosses, so what I am suggesting would actually help archers. Unfortunately it wont help non aps melee. But to be honest it is rare to see anyone level 100+ that doesn't have an APS set, even 3.0+ you are out damaging casters by alot.

How about you come up with something? I do not want to see melee Nerf'd as it would be back to 2-4 hour long instances which nobody enjoys.
    edited November 2010
    Options

How many of you venos have lvl 11 amp, sage soul degen, demon armor break, myriads, etc...?

How many archers here have Bloodvow?

Or barbs not afraid to devour?

Mage? You just need a highly refined weapon...

Sorry, some of the BS constantly regurgitated by non-aps classes is really lame. Some of the fastest squads I've been in weren't all APS classes, but balanced squads that actually know what they're doing.

Learn to play. Learn to make friends. Learn "invite to squad". Learn to ask "Looking for ep/dd/veno/barb for Nirvana runs".

Most of the time... most of the people complaining about not being able to get squads are expecting others to do all the work for them. This predates BH or Nirvana, but surely includes them.

Everyone I play with has all there level 11 skills. They all almost certainly have +8-+12 weapons. A +12 wiz vs a +12 5.0 on a ? boss with a cleric healing, equals a 5.0 killing it about 6 or 7 times faster. No one is talking about PVP this is purely about PVE.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I guess not many people have 5.0s, but say 3.33... They actually do have the time to spam wc for such dds only. Yes, occasionally they ask for a cleric as well, but no need for another robe player. I guess there's a difference in PvP and PvE servers...

But nobody cares to. You have 3 5.0s the run is fast enough. Why try to find 2 more? Just grab whoever is on your friends list or faction and go. Jeez...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Some good reply's. I like the idea of rainbow squads, but really that is not going to change much, but a rainbow squad could have a few extra drops or something? Because most squads are near rainbow anyways.

No one is complaining about not being able to get squads. Heck as a cleric it's probably easier than ever, because half the clerics have quit.

And yes I do love going to nirvana with APS (infact I won't go without at least one) because otherwise I will endure an hour or more of being sealed over and over.

Purely what Im asking for is a break of this anoying debuff or at minimum a fix so if it is resisted it doesnt interupt our cast. This wont help non APS melee, but get with the times you are gonna at least need to get 3.0 if your a BM or Sin. Bm's are highly sort after still for their HF and buff, seal is not as anoying on you as it is on casters.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Everyone I play with has all there level 11 skills. They all almost certainly have +8-+12 weapons. A +12 wiz vs a +12 5.0 on a ? boss with a cleric healing, equals a 5.0 killing it about 6 or 7 times faster. No one is talking about PVP this is purely about PVE.

And that's why you're fail. Instead of complimenting your squad you're complaining about trying to you vs. aps. Sorry, that sounds very nubish. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's not just the squadding. Do you think nobody here cares about the flat-out broken nature of 5.0? Even most of the 5.0s themselves admit it. Just, very few of them have the nerve to actually suggest it be fixed, because they like the profit too damn much.

But as for the squadding - it's not about expecting others to carry you through it. It's about just the climate of squad recruiting in general. How is one supposed to find one of these fabled squads, made up of the best and brightest (and incidentally, non-5.0) players on one's server? Maybe you have a FL full of a hundred such people of every possible class, but not everyone does. And you shouldn't have to be in a "top" faction to be able to play with people who know what they're doing.

WC? Please. Maybe you've seen something different on Lost City, but on HT I have never once seen a WC for Nirvana squad members that didn't specifically use aps as the screening process (unless they were looking for a cleric, and even those WCs are extrordinarily rare).
    That would do just fine if all sins/BMs had that 5 aps. Most of them don't and they would have to use other weapons, in this case axes. Of course BMs might still get squads for HFing but low-aps sins for sure wouldn't.

Hard cap at 3.33 wouldn't solve much (if anything at all). Of course 3.33 isn't permaspark for BMs or archers but it sure is for sins.
    I don't follow. How would a hard cap of 3 or 3.33 aps hurt anyone other than people who break that aps? If they don't have 4 or 5 aps, how are they hurt? And for that matter, when did permaspark become some kind of moral obligation? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

It took me a long time to get sage amp..

eeeeeehhh yeah WHEN demon ironwood procs.

myriads are great

soul degen is godly. >_>
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I am mostly talking about high end instances where all bosses seal constantly, melee classes that arnt APS already are as useless as casters on these bosses, so what I am suggesting would actually help archers. Unfortunately it wont help non aps melee. But to be honest it is rare to see anyone level 100+ that doesn't have an APS set, even 3.0+ you are out damaging casters by alot.

How about you come up with something? I do not want to see melee Nerf'd as it would be back to 2-4 hour long instances which nobody enjoys.

Well... to be honest I do know (and means personally knowing) more 100+ people with bad gears than with good gears. Of course you see more high levels with nice gears but I personally know maybe only a handful of 5 aps chars.

Also wouldn't a short range seal nerf melee range DDs that you don't want to happen? Then again, it wouldn't probably take much longer if the seals happen rarely enough. Finding a good balance between no sealing and constant seals is close to impossible imo.

My suggestions? Either reduce the boss m. def, give them a permanent m. def debuff/curse or give a new skills to casters that is DB-like, takes 10-15 seconds to start, melee range, purges you and gives huge debuffs (doesn't break PvP that way) and ticks more often with more -% chan. Did I mention huge damage?

Not a completely viable skill suggestion but still good with a bit of a modification and testing.
    I don't follow. How would a hard cap of 3 or 3.33 aps hurt anyone other than people who break that aps? If they don't have 4 or 5 aps, how are they hurt? And for that matter, when did permaspark become some kind of moral obligation? o.O

It wouldn't hurt but it wouldn't do enough either. If you got 3.33 aps, you will still outdps casters by far if you are a sin and can permaspark with chi skills. For BMs and archers it's a bit different cause the really OP'd damage comes from permanent sparking.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hmm if i read the OP's post right i believe your asking for the sealing range to be shortened if so i see no harm in doing so it doesnt hurt mellee's any more then it does now becus they are allrdy being sealed so i dont no what all you people against it are *****ing about your allrdy being sealedb:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle