are we really useless?

Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide
Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Psychic
guys pls forgive me if i hurt psychics but in my experience there are world chats spamming LF cleric barb etc

barb tanks and holds aggro
cleric heals
archers DD
sin,BM also tank

but whats our role?? are psychics really useless? b:shocked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Goratrix - Dreamweaver
    Goratrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    you can hop in any wiz/archer spot some ppl just too old school to mention psy's while looking for aoe dd they just dont know we are far better then archer/wiz with our mobility/immunities/debuffs while aoe...b:victoryb:pleased
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Psychics are only useless to people too stupid to know how to use them right.

We're many things--

Aggro holders
    Tanks
    Healers for groups
    AoE nukes
    In group PvP and TW we're great crowd control
    Buffers (in certain manners)
    DD's

The reason why the older classes have 'jobs' is because they're older. The best part about not having a job? You're not limited to doing just one thing.
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    Psychel - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    you can hop in any wiz/archer spot some ppl just too old school to mention psy's while looking for aoe dd they just dont know we are far better then archer/wiz with our mobility/immunities/debuffs while aoe...b:victoryb:pleased

Agreed!

We do take the role of a DD as well as Buffer/debuffer and as well as healer and as well as Crowd control as well as tankers...
    Psychics are only useless to people too stupid to know how to use them right.

We're many things--

Aggro holders
    Tanks
    Healers for groups
    AoE nukes
    In group PvP and TW we're great crowd control
    Buffers (in certain manners)
    DD's

The reason why the older classes have 'jobs' is because they're older. The best part about not having a job? You're not limited to doing just one thing.

Super Agreed!!

Since we hit high due to our DPS, we usually take aggro IF we SPAM spells quickly... Some say this is hell that ppl hate us after that... I would say otherwise stealing aggro in Squad Wipe situations would actually prevent a whole squad from dieing... Experience that last Friday when everyone died except me and another psychic and Veno. I took the aggro and let the other 2 escape.(off course I died to save them...b:surrender)

Later in higher levels, we can actually tank magical mobs/bosses with of course above 3K HP.

When the cleric is busy casting their revive spells, casting AOE heal or they even died... we can actually do a AOE heal although our heal is not as strong as the clerics... they do heal mage classes very well, including veno's and also give just a little HP back to the tanks to make them last just abit longer... (I said little due to their high HP pool...)

Nextly, our AOEs are one of the best in PWI... Because each of our AOEs not only deal mid to high damage but also have special effects, like earth vector dealing mid damage plus stunning opponent for 5 sec at level 10 and sandburst blast dealing high damage plus accuracy decrease for a certain time. Glacial shards and earth vector is to prevent opponents from attacking and make the tanks take lesser damage, Sandburst Blast and Aqua cannon prevents opponent from dealing more damage to tanks by reducing accuracy and slowing them respectively, Red tide dealing super high damage plus chance to bleed opponent for 9 secs base on soulforce.... even our starter spell Aqua Impact is insane... to slow opponent for quite a good chance and time with dealing a good damage. What else do a psy need?? We use AOE's to control crowds too... stun, paralyse, decrease accuracy, bleed, slow movement speed...

We even have special types of buffs, we debuff negative buffs with sage BoL, debuff opponents to prevent them from healing quickly in PvP with dimished Vigor, and the opposite to make an ally heal more quickly with Empowered Vigor. SoV to deal damage upon being hit, SoS to silence opponent upon beng hit with chance, Soul of Stunning to stun opponent upon being hit, Soul of Retaliation to retaliate negative debuffs and some damage upon being hit. Even Soulburn deal super high damage base on our soulforce, with opponent attacking, they take damage based on our soulforce... What more, soulforce can't be affected at all in battle!

We are perfect solo classes against mobs (not boss) due to our DPS. We due high damage making us a multi purpose class!! I have even tried using myself as a lurer and survive without even dieing!

You see us very strong in almost all aspects... but if the player of a psychic is bad, of course none of the ppls will want us in squad... Taking aggro in wrong situations are one examples of why many don't want us... another would be because there are not many psychics around, thus not many ppls seen the pro ness of us fishies, and not really trusting us... We psy fishies are like this, one wrong step, there goes everything... Doing something wrong like casting the wrong spell at the wrong time might just cause a Massive squad Wipe.. That is also one large reason why we are hated and not wanted for because of some ppls playing the psys wrongly...

I will allow comments and criticism on this one...lol b:thanks
    Wow, I see you... Now you don't... isn't that trolling? b:shutup
  • PsychicKas - Sanctuary
    PsychicKas - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nobody wants psys in the parties at mid levels, cuz barbs can't hold agro and BM/Sin are not strong enough to tank and hold agro agains psys, as black vodoo makes us deal a lot of damage. At higher levels (80+, talking about FCC) people don't want psys because having high -int people in party is more effective then taking psys. I'll have to say that having a psy in party can be useful. AoE heal, soulburn and buffs are cool to have.
    >>youtube.com/user/kasPWI<<
    You better stop making threads RIGHT NOW!!!! -GrimReaperHC
    ^Real Mod power
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    you may go get rank9, shard it with DoTs, get the most magic attack boosting ring/ornaments, +12 your sphere and your single target DPS with be 6 times lower that a +12 tt100 fist 5aps. i will be equivalent to a +2 deicide 5aps though.

on the other hand the aoe dps is really nice but it's useful in:
    FC: not exactly a $$ instance, i bet they will prioritize a 5aps over you
    Delta: same/nobody really does it/most of them want wizzies or archers cause they stick to old squad builds
    Lunar?: tried it a couple of times, not that aoe. pretty sure that 5aqps char could just kill mob by mob
    TW: again, not a $$ instance
    AoE grinding: still the coins/h is low. most i've managed is ~1.2mil/h while a 5aps easily makes 6mil.
    warsong: doesnt look like a $$ instance, nobody does it

ofc some of the above (or part of them) are for bh. people always do bh (and frost) so u wont really have a problem with those. but if u want to make coins, roll a -int char.
    or find friends/faction to leach. or wait for the new expansion and pray for the best.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    When I squad with my Archer, there landslide is bliss.

Landslide >> Knockback FTW (>> Aim Low or Earth Vector) (except for bosses)

If in close range (protected somewhat with soul skills (and white voodoo?)):
    Aqua Cannon -> (above combo)
    (Knockback ->) Psy Will -> Soulburn -> (above Combo)

b:pleased You know you rockin' with Psys.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    psys aren't useless at all . i love being in a squad wit hthem (provided they know how to play , weel like all classes).

the AoE heal gives a break to clerics , so they cant continue IH and purifying the tank
    That HP recovery enhancing buff is nice on tank (again helps clerics)
    Their AoE do great dgm and save other squishes fro mdeath
    their DoT are suprsingly helpful for boss killing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    psys aren't useless at all . i love being in a squad wit hthem (provided they know how to play , weel like all classes).

the AoE heal gives a break to clerics , so they cant continue IH and purifying the tank
    That HP recovery enhancing buff is nice on tank (again helps clerics)
    Their AoE do great dgm and save other squishes fro mdeath
    their DoT are suprsingly helpful for boss killing

At least some ppl do appreciate our skills as a psy... It is true that AOE heal helps the cleric a little, but it main purpose was actually to heal the psy's surrounding ppls like clerics, archers and venos, since we are all ranged heal/damage, thus our AOE heal heals them when the boss does AOE on us.
  • Antigoni_FR - Raging Tide
    Antigoni_FR - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    but whats our role?? are psychics really useless? b:shocked

I asked the same question to myself when i hit 100.
    Until then i've been through a lot... People kept surprising me with all kind of excuses to avoid having a psychic in the squad. Some of them were not even excuses. They just showed how ignorant they were about us.

Things i've heard include:
    - We are looking for AOE DD
    - We are looking for AOE DD with constant AOE (<-- that was for FC btw)
    - Psychic skills lag me

...and other beautiful things like that.

I don't want to play the game of who's better. Especially not with a wizard.
    If you know your skills and know how to play there's no room for comparison.

There is knowledge, there's skill and there's... mastercard.

Learn your character, learn how to play, make friends and you will see where you can rock and where you suck hehe :-)

Good luck and don't worry. Psychics are beautiful :-)
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2010
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    I asked the same question to myself when i hit 100.
    Until then i've been through a lot... People kept surprising me with all kind of excuses to avoid having a psychic in the squad. Some of them were not even excuses. They just showed how ignorant they were about us.

Things i've heard include:
    - We are looking for AOE DD
    - We are looking for AOE DD with constant AOE (<-- that was for FC btw)
    - Psychic skills lag me

...and other beautiful things like that.

I don't want to play the game of who's better. Especially not with a wizard.
    If you know your skills and know how to play there's no room for comparison.

There is knowledge, there's skill and there's... mastercard.

Learn your character, learn how to play, make friends and you will see where you can rock and where you suck hehe :-)

Good luck and don't worry. Psychics are beautiful :-)

lol... I have the same kind of excuses thrown to me when I was in level30+ and below, but now in higher levels, we are well more respected... and ppls are getting to understand us better as time passes. (I was even insulted few days ago for some unreasonable reasons which I did not commit b:angry). Contrary to that, I was also praised before by ppls, and they appreciate us psy's help. (even saying that we are a dangerous fishies not to be stepped upon (otherwise they are dead))...b:chuckle

Even when in squad party, I have been asked before to aggro purposely to bring the mobs to the squad itself... (of course I am in white voodoo).

When you are around level 38 and below, many ppls will not want you in squad, as what I experienced since our spells are not "supportive" spells to help the squad. But as soon as you get sandburst and glacial and empowered vigor, you would find that ppls accept you into squad more easily, and as soon as you get earth vector and soul of silence...... don't need to explain any further...lol

What Antigoni_FR said is true, learn your character and how to play, make friends and you will see your own weakness and prowness and you will improve it from there to become maybe one of the strongest psys around in PWI.

May you have a fun time exploring us squishy yet davastating fishies.
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    we arent usless
    cll us useless is like calling a wizzy useless
    Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
    (instertnamehere)/Archer/96
    (insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
    "I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
    edited December 2010
    we arent usless
    cll us useless is like calling a wizzy useless

they are

pve-wise on single targets when u only care about dps and u can find the better alternatives
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    who??? Wizz??? b:puzzled
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    they are

pve-wise on single targets when u only care about dps and u can find the better alternatives

lol i know we kinda replaced wizzies but with different attacks and not as many elements used in attacks.
    Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
    (instertnamehere)/Archer/96
    (insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
    "I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
    edited December 2010
    who??? Wizz??? b:puzzled
    lol i know we kinda replaced wizzies but with different attacks and not as many elements used in attacks.

the single target dps of wizzie/psy is significant less than -int sin/bm/barb/archer builds
    yes we can pull fc, yes we can tank in white that doesnt mean that we are more efficient.
    we are awesome in delta yet people still want wizizes/archers (cause they are braindead or used to the wizzie/archer squad setting). not that people do delta any more.

i dont know if u have any alts, judging from ur avatars i owuld say that the -int craze has not affected u since u are <70.

no, we dont sit there doing nothing, we have uses, we have debuffs/buffs, we have skills that benefit the squad, we DD. a candle can be used to light a room but i'm sure that u prefer electricity.

may i ask how many wc's have u seen asking for psys? i have only seen 3 so far.
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    may i ask how many wc's have u seen asking for psys? i have only seen 3 so far.

oo... now you asked..... not many... the least I have seen so far oct to dec was like 4 times only...b:shocked

Good Observation... -_-lll
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    When doing BH59, I'd rather have a Psy, Wiz, Veno, or Cleric tank the bosses. Hell, for ANY boss/mobs that do magic damage, I'd rather squad with Psy than a Barb.

Barb is a great class. I just have yet to run into many that can actually play it right. b:shutup This is coming from playing in instances on Cleric where the Barb goes all tunnel vision on a single mob, there's no BM, and the Archer ends up being forced to tank, or I get heal aggro on 3 mobs.

Psy is a useful class. I wouldn't ask or expect a Psy to tank a physical attack only boss/mob/instance though. :p

And shockingly, I have yet to see a 5.0 Psy. b:sweat I've seen HA clerics, 3.33-4.0 Clerics, fist Venos, etc. No 5.0 Psy yet. b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    And shockingly, I have yet to see a 5.0 Psy. b:sweat I've seen HA clerics, 3.33-4.0 Clerics, fist Venos, etc. No 5.0 Psy yet. b:chuckle

Oh, Yulk is working on it, trust me. He's the only one with the brains to pull that one off... b:chuckle
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yes we can pull fc, yes we can tank in white that doesnt mean that we are more efficient.

no no no, u pull in white tank in black(bosses hit magical), get it right b:angry
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • gpanag93
    gpanag93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Edited
    edited December 2010
    no no no, u pull in white tank in black(bosses hit magical), get it right b:angry

Depends... are you planning to get badly hit when pulling? lol...
    I pull in black voodoo>>run(holy path and/or remedies)>>psychic will>>pew pew death
    edited December 2010
    Yes they are useless.

Barbarians? Yeah they are.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nah, psys. xD Barbs serve a purpose in many cases. My main's not a barb anyway so idc. If psys did less running around agroing things and getting themselves (and others) killed and wondering what happened, and just stood back and dealt damage, they'd be alright.
    edited December 2010
    Nah, psys. xD Barbs serve a purpose in many cases. My main's not a barb anyway so idc. If psys did less running around agroing things and getting themselves (and others) killed and wondering what happened, and just stood back and dealt damage, they'd be alright.

You judge a class from people who don't know how to play it??

LOL.

Well end-game barbarians and clerics are kinda useless... Good for buffs though b:chuckle

Nah... not useless just... well, too many OP people. I remember that epic Nirvana run with 5 assassins and me... done in less than 15 minutes.
    edited December 2010
    Oh, Yulk is working on it, trust me. He's the only one with the brains to pull that one off... b:chuckle

well, IF a psy could get bonus from demon spark it would be cool. black voodoo, vigor, sov, maybe sand burst and pew pew

but yulk will make a -int psy cause it wont be OP

about the whole black/white discussion: i pull fb19 in black. depends on mobs/boss as always, wasnt refering to fc..

oh, and about that barb: barbs are useless. now if they could flesh ream instead of going human mode and die maybe they would be good. also clerics are useless, IH please, not blessing of pure hearted. what else.. sins will stealth to the boss.. venos will bramble the herc while luring..
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

You sir, are an idiot.

I could judge Barbarians, too, if you want.

Nah, Barbs. xD Psychics serve a purpose in many cases. My main's not a Psychic anyway so idc. Stoopid lots of HP and PDEF! SO OP! QQQQQ! If barbs did less Arma and aggroing things and tanking things, and just stood back and had normal HP like the rest of us, they'd be alright.

Sense. Your post makes none. Try again, and can I get a response without the side of blathering stupidity?
    edited December 2010
    Nah Born_Free the reply is simple...

"Oh yes [insert barbarian's name here] you are right. I'll change immediately my damage dealing power to meet your ability to hold aggro."

next thing is white voodoo >> put a small toothpick to hold the shortcut for aqua impact >> sit back and laugh evily
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I could judge Barbarians, too, if you want.

Go ahead. I really could not care less what you have to say about anything. b:victory