I'm NOT a guy! x_x

Options

Comments

• /Fox - Harshlands108
    /Fox - Harshlands108 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the first char i made was a veno and i got fed up of guys hitting on me and assuming imma girl (imma guy irl) so i rerolled a cleric and in my expirence most people assume that you are a guy.

starting another veno cuz theyre kick *** and having other rage at you for heals gets boring after a yearb:chuckle
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its quite easy to recognize a male veno, 90% of them never bother with the appearance editor (and not only venos) so they just choose an existing model and look like clones. A significant part of male venos does not wear any fashion. Very very few male venos have unique looks and buy a nice set of fashion for their characters (even if they do, they seldom pay attention to different/ugly/unfitting colors). Their pets are only herc/GW, they never tame cute but useless pets, they don't care about looks, only about statsb:lipcurl
    And girls, many of them don't mind wearing white/blue gear if they can get white/black damsel dressb:laugh, I've seen a lot of girls hiding rags under gorgeous fashion.

As a guy veno, I'm gonna chime in here and say two things. First of all, you're way off that guys don't try to make unique chars... when making my veno, I figured "well if I'm gonna play a girl, ima make her a cutie" and spent quite a bit of time tweaking the model I started with to get what I considered the epitomy of "cute." Even emailed screenies to a friend to discuss minutae such as eye color! :P

Second, I'm curious how people would react if I started making generalizations about girl players... like say, "girl venos never care about doing their job properly! they don't know how to play the class, and they only tame useless pets they think are cute! their armor is **** cuz they just love that fash so much!" See where I'm going with this?

*note* Before the inevitable happens and some idiot accuses me of actually holding such an opinion about girl venos, try to understand it was a hypothetical example, used in order to make a point.
  • Amurora - Heavens Tear
    Amurora - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm a female irl and a veno.

I've only had like 2 people ask me if I was male or female.
    I don't think it really matters, it's not like this game is t!ts of gtfo.
    (Thank god)
    I really don't care if people think I'm a guy or a girl as long as they treat me the same.
    Girls are smart. Guys are smart. Depends on how you use it and expand your mind. We aren't born dumb. We're born to absorb information for a reason. Some people just suck at absorbing the useful information.

Oh and I wanna add in "Even if they do, they seldom pay attention to different/ugly/unfitting colors" my Brawler outfit doesn't match and I don't care, wanna know why, it cost too much damn money to change it, I match for the most part unless you look closely then you see that under the jacket its pink, in the skirt is green, and in the boots is purple.

I disagree with the "auto-male" perspective you have. Sorry if I don't want to blow 100 dollars on this game then end up with work all the time so I'm never on. 100 is a lot to pay. No thanks. I'm fine being slightly mismatched.

And all the stereotypes are bs. Straight up bs. Because I don't get a pet because it's cute. I get it for the stats. I researched skills and what to do when so I basically know everything up front before even playing. I don't rush ahead and just get the job done. I do it right and care if others die. And I didn't make my girl cute or give her huge ta-tas or anything like that.

So, I think people should realize that stereotypes are lame and realize people cross those borders all the time and they should learn to just not care if the person is male or female - just focus on how well of a player they are and if they are nice. Are you going to remove a friend from your playlist because you found out "she" is really a "he"? Does it matter that much to you? If it does, maybe you're in the wrong game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaelxvi
    jaelxvi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm a guy but i allways get mistaken for a girl (on my veno)
    but i do spend an epic amount of time on the character customization, its pretty much my fave part and after that, around 5-6 makeover scrolls throughout my chars development to get it right, and you gotta make sure the fashion matches but im maybe just an exception because im a fashion student irl

how about when your a guy playing a girl and you start getting chatted up by a girl char and its like...dilemaaaa, are they a girl who things ima girl..or knows im a guy or a guy who thinks im a girl or knows im a guy *head explodes*
  • gelnd
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Amurora, that was a post with an appreciable amount of sense. If I ever meet you, I will give you a very large cookie of your choice of flavor! b:thanks
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its quite easy to recognize a male veno, 90% of them never bother with the appearance editor (and not only venos) so they just choose an existing model and look like clones. A significant part of male venos does not wear any fashion. Very very few male venos have unique looks and buy a nice set of fashion for their characters (even if they do, they seldom pay attention to different/ugly/unfitting colors). Their pets are only herc/GW, they never tame cute but useless pets, they don't care about looks, only about statsb:lipcurl
    And girls, many of them don't mind wearing white/blue gear if they can get white/black damsel dressb:laugh, I've seen a lot of girls hiding rags under gorgeous fashion.

Guys don't buy fashion on their venos mostly because they are smart enough to know how completely useless it is for farming/instances,playing the game b:question
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Guys don't buy fashion on their venos mostly because they are smart enough to know how completely useless it is for farming/instances,playing the game b:question

Fashion is useful if you want to hide what type of armor you're wearing from people. Not everyone knows about nor has the time to hit the "Player Info", and in my experience, the armor type varries more on venos than any other class.

But getting back to the point, I know many men who have venos with more fashion than I do. A lot of them match better than I do as well. :/
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ive never gotten mistaken for a guy before, but my rl hubby has gotten mistaken for a girl alot of times. on his veno. People automatically assume hes a girl cause his toon has got a cutesy name.
    >.<
  • The__love - Raging Tide
    The__love - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    there is only 1 diference betwen male venos and us female venos:
    men are perfectly simple and we are simply perfect :Db:chuckle
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Easiest way to spot a male veno (or any other guy having a female char): They will have maxed **** size in 90% of the cases b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gelnd
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Easiest way to spot a male veno (or any other guy having a female char): They will have maxed **** size in 90% of the cases b:bye

*sighs* That's it... I give up. *sits back and watches the thread become a raging pit of misandrist stereotypes*
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Or just some girl being silly.
  • Cheski - Sanctuary
    Cheski - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I personally have never been mistaken for a male. I am one of those women though who has created a male character in other classes because I got sick of being hit on.

I know two male venos and both spent a lot of time on customization. One when asked said it was because he doesn't want to stare at an ugly character all day.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm a girl, and I care both about my pets looks and stats. Mobs won't refrain from killing my pet just because it's pretty b:chuckle I choose GW and PS bacause of their looks, too, they're both very well made. And I shall never get the herc - he's just to U.G.L.Y b:spit.

Good looking pets can get in my party even if they don't have excellent stats, or are just niche-use pets - for example I'm already raising a frog (b:kiss) just to have a support-debuffer of a great aoe-survivability at higher lvls. I've just hatched my piggy, I'm also planing on getting kowlin and big bear. I would get a little bear too (I love that psychopathic look in his eyes) but I'm afraid that I'd have ran out of slots.

Oh, and the first thing I've done after getting a flyer was flying to tides territory and taming everything that moves - and now I'm in heaven... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ive been playing on my 2 veno chars for 2 years now so im use to being mistaken for a girl its allways fun to hear what the horny boys and lesbians have to sayb:laugh

also about the people who say males dont spend a good amount of time custimizing their characters looks i beg to differ. i spent literly 2 to 3 hours just custimizing my veno mains looks and every 1 of my other chars i spent 30 minutes or more just doing there looks before i even play them sense i wnt them to look perfect. im still working on the fashion i have a ton of mix and match ideas for each of my charsb:dirty cant w8 to get all of the fashion i wnt first things first tho i needs to max the ward robeb:chucklei allrdy have a fashion bank account if i run out of room lol b:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Bellamontage - Lost City
    Bellamontage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In squads that weren't with friends I've been asked 70% of the time if I'm a girl or not.

In guild chat me and two other female venos have an ongoing thing where we pretend we're all **** lovers. A couple new guildies saw it and instantly assumed that one of us had to be male. They sure go quiet though when its known that we're both females b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nerd by Nature
  • Ryyden - Raging Tide
    Ryyden - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm a girl in real life, but I prefer playing as male characters. I just prefer how their armor looks. Playing as a guy character also gets rid of people asking what my gender is, or hitting on my char. b:surrender
  • Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm a guy but people always assume i'm a girl at first. b:surrender

Opposite for me. It's annoying. b:angry
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm a girl in real life, but I prefer playing as male characters. I just prefer how their armor looks. Playing as a guy character also gets rid of people asking what my gender is, or hitting on my char. b:surrender

+1 to that b:chucklemy both alts (cleric and psycho) are male, and I'd happily play a male veno if it would only be possible b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Brionni - Harshlands
    Brionni - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Whats wrong with maxed ****? I for instance hate skeleton looking characters, all my characters have nice body, maxed size looks absolutely perfect both with fashion and armor, small size - no. All you need is just body fitting proportions and it will look harmonic.
    I've seen a lot of characters with too small/big heads and so on (not distorted on purpose but because a creator obviously lacks a sense of proportions), that was scary.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    IMO if you think max **** can be properly proportioned on these characters, then your sense of proportion is somewhat lacking o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    well...considering that you can thicken/enlarge the arms, legs, torso, waist, head you can get a pretty decent proportion it all depends how you work it. My char is pretty busty but not maxed out...but I also "thickened" her a bit from the standard frame. Still doesn't mean I'm a guy cause I wanted her to have a more busty chest. Some of my best fashion discussions are with males that play female chars cause we like to mix and match sets.

Different people like to play differently and that includes how much time they spend customizing their char. Personally I'm a fashion hound but share it between multiple chars.

I have a few male chars I play too I spent just as much time trying to get them to look "just right."

Each persons spends as little or as much time on creating their char as they want. Doesn't mean they're one gender or another LOL.

I don't give a flying fig if someone else thinks that my char is too busty etc...it's my char, my preference. Yeah I had someone go by me one time and tell me that one char had too much...I wrote back, "LOL she's not even max'd"....they came back for a 2nd look. Still I'm the one that plays her...she's my creation yours doesn't have to look like mine.

And yeah as someone else said if you truely want to know if someone's guy or girl use voice chat. I don't lie about what I am in game but I don't mind if you call me what my toon's gender is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The problem with thick/busty characters is certain fashions will have clipping issues.

Sil was pretty much flat for awhile(til recently) because her chest would start clipping through my fashion >>.
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1st, yeah, me, girl veno here lol.

2nd, i m lv85 veno and been playing for a almost year now and i can tell you this, nobody ever assumed i m a guy. They didnt even ask, they flirt ans call me "she" constantly..

3rd This is purely my opinion and i know all generalizations are wrong but lemme tell you this, if i see a veno that looks like a h00ker, with outragous make up or enormous **** or names like "xx bi.tch" or "big b00bies" or "i m an easy wh.ore" i tend to assume that its being played by a guy.
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

And yeah as someone else said if you truely want to know if someone's guy or girl use voice chat. I don't lie about what I am in game but I don't mind if you call me what my toon's gender is.

i have seen people try to make a girl voice in vent and it was fckn hilarious...
  • Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i have seen people try to make a girl voice in vent and it was fckn hilarious...

There are plugins for many teamspeak/ventrillo/mumble like software to alter your voice into a man/woman voice (or kermit if you like :)

If the are made good, and made every adjustment right... the results are quit believable

In game I try to use always he/she according the toon (s)he is using now (and I like it when others do that too :)
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lol

I use fox form because fox form is stronger, better, and of course, easier than human form. Human form venoes is for girls to play anyway b:avoid

Anyways... males are mostly higher levels, they play mmos more than females. More familiar with gameplay. Females are more into being more social. Men and women are different, well most, men more likely like to do things to not stay bored, women appreciate beautiful things more often, not virtual.

Reason why everyone is considered a guy until proven on mmorpgs. All men likes to play around, chill out and have fun, whether it is mature or not. Women are more mature than men. You can tell from how they act.

I have met many female friends on some mmorpgs. Too bad my GF does not play PW b:cry
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lol

I use fox form because fox form is stronger, better, and of course, easier than human form. Human form venoes is for girls to play anyway b:avoid

Anyways... males are mostly higher levels, they play mmos more than females. More familiar with gameplay. Females are more into being more social. Men and women are different, well most, men more likely like to do things to not stay bored, women appreciate beautiful things more often, not virtual.

Reason why everyone is considered a guy until proven on mmorpgs. All men likes to play around, chill out and have fun, whether it is mature or not. Women are more mature than men. You can tell from how they act.

I have met many female friends on some mmorpgs. Too bad my GF does not play PW b:cry

troll harder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm female IRL, although my characters are actually split 50/50. This may be because I write as a hobby, and have grown accustomed to the fact that my characters are not me. I also enjoy comparing the male and female armor styles.

And my cute male psy is nice to look at. b:chuckle
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • Alissarose - Sanctuary
    Alissarose - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes we are female, we are around in game, ... but i kinda hate when i get asked if im a girl. WTF! it shouldnt matter, i'm not looking for a relationship, i just wanna play. It's also great not being hit on, that can be sooooo annoying.

and.... I thought the majority of players in this game were/are female.b:chuckle