New Wizard Skills Thread

Options

Comments

• GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All barriers are now squad buffs

Frostblade adds water damage equal 20% of the mage's mag atk(for magic and phys damage) and is now an AOE buff

Emberstorm now uses MP instead of HP

BT/BIDS/MS get even cooler animations

/work

b:chuckleeveryone wants us now

^ The frostblade is a good idea but giving other classes our shield can be bad..
    The only skill i want is an anti stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    it is, but 50% + stone barrier and other buffs is kinda OP

Who are you in phase 1? Or you aren't in yet XD

nvm i know who you are now

FIRE MAGES SUCK IJS
    ICE MAGE FTW!!!
    Not in yet, just got access today from the dungeon contest. :p

But yes I'll be a fire mage. b:avoid
    Let's have fun fixing those skills then b:sin

Hailstorm
    Lvl 10: 50% chance to freeze enemies
    Sage: 60% chance to freeze enemies and cooldown reduced to 10 seconds
    Demon: 100% chance to freeze enemies but cooldown increased to 15 seconds

Crown of Flame
    Lvl 10: causes fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 3012.9 over 15 seconds
    Sage: causes fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 65% of weapon damage plus 5693.0 over 15 seconds
    Demon: causes fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 5693.0 over 10 seconds

Pitfall
    Lvl 10: inflicts earth damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 3600.8 over 15 seconds, Has a 30% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.
    Sage: inflicts earth damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 5891.0 over 15 seconds, Has a 30% chance to stun the target for 5 seconds.
    Demon: inflicts earth damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 5891.0 over 15 seconds, Has a 50% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

Wellspring Quaff
    Lvl 10: For 30 minutes maximum mana is increased by 60% for all party members.
    Sage: For 30 minutes maximum mana is increased by 70% for all party members. Also gives a 2% critrate increase for 10 minutes. (stacks with other crit buffs)
    Demon: For 30 minutes maximum mana is increased by 70% for all party members. Also gives a 20% channeling speed increase for 15 seconds(for caster only)

Frostblade:
    Lvl 10: Selfbuff, gives a +10 attack level buff which lasts 10 minutes.
    Sage: Selfbuff, gives a +12 attack level buff which lasts 30 minutes.
    Demon: Selfbuff, gives a +15 attack level buff which lasts 10 minutes.

Emberstorm: all the same but uses MP instead of HP. Requires 2 sparks.

Soporific Whisper: cooldown reduced to 1 minute.

Elemental Shell: Increases all magic resistances by 500% for 10 seconds.

Sage Glacial Snare and Divine Pyrogram effects now stack with Undine debuff.

Demon Blade Tempest have a 50% chance to seal enemies for 3 seconds instead of old addon.

Demon Ice Dragon Strike have channel time reduced to 3,5 seconds instead of old addon.

Ohai useful wizzie b:chuckle
    I approve of this ^

BUT why 50% weapon damage on DoTs? Gush/Pyro already have 100% so at least 100% IMO, since they are also DoTs... should have more probably.
  • clashmonster
    clashmonster Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    most wizzies in other games are able to regenerate their special energies(SP, CHI, MANA etc) thats why i created skills whch able us to gain chi more that any(except sins) class.
    i guess me have to make our characters more horrible and wizzies from every game are know for their smashing ultis...i want to redo our lvl100 ulti to this one:

DANCE OF THE NATURE TALKER

MP cost 1000
    channel : 4secs
    cast time: 2
    cooldown: 180 secs

The ultimate attack of the nature-talker. Character combines his specialty to perform one massive spell with a massive damage and status altering debuffs in a 15m area of a target. Hit objects receive 600% weapon damage +

FIRE: reduces chi by 2 with every damage received and dealt. Reduced Vigor is transfered to the caster

WATER: severely freezes the enemies and reduces their attributes by 30%(damage, defense, cast speed, attack speed, movement speed, evasion and hit rate). enemies are also damaged by 30% of the casters mana pool.

EARTH: massively damages the opponents with 8990 inital earth damage and 8990 sand damage for 10seconds.

Requires 3sparks
    (3 required sparks since fire element ables us to regain chi)

FAITH SEAL(squad buff)

Range: 15m radius
    Mana: 960
    channel: 2.2
    cast: 3
    Cooldown: 3sec

Places a guardian seal on every ally inside a 15m radius. The seal reduces every skill's mana cost by 25% and increases garnered chi of skills by 50%. Skills that require chi are also reduced by 30% on their vigor usage.(Does not affect spark consuming skills)

RITE OF REFRACTION(self support buff for PvP)

Mana: 550
    Channel: 0.5
    Cast:0.5
    Cooldown: 90sec

Refracts any status altering buffs for 7 seconds including movement-restricting buffs but increases damage received by 30% for 7 seconds afterwards.

Requires 20chi
    (this to balance out the game, we dont have any anti-stun, para, seal or debuffs)
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Let's have fun fixing those skills then b:sin

Hailstorm
    Lvl 10: 50% chance to freeze enemies
    Sage: 60% chance to freeze enemies and cooldown reduced to 10 seconds
    Demon: 100% chance to freeze enemies but cooldown increased to 15 seconds

Crown of Flame
    Lvl 10: causes fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 3012.9 over 15 seconds
    Sage: causes fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 65% of weapon damage plus 5693.0 over 15 seconds
    Demon: causes fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 5693.0 over 10 seconds

Pitfall
    Lvl 10: inflicts earth damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 3600.8 over 15 seconds, Has a 30% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.
    Sage: inflicts earth damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 5891.0 over 15 seconds, Has a 30% chance to stun the target for 5 seconds.
    Demon: inflicts earth damage equal to base magic damage plus 50% of weapon damage plus 5891.0 over 15 seconds, Has a 50% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

Wellspring Quaff
    Lvl 10: For 30 minutes maximum mana is increased by 60% for all party members.
    Sage: For 30 minutes maximum mana is increased by 70% for all party members. Also gives a 2% critrate increase for 10 minutes. (stacks with other crit buffs)
    Demon: For 30 minutes maximum mana is increased by 70% for all party members. Also gives a 20% channeling speed increase for 15 seconds(for caster only)

Frostblade:
    Lvl 10: Selfbuff, gives a +10 attack level buff which lasts 10 minutes.
    Sage: Selfbuff, gives a +12 attack level buff which lasts 30 minutes.
    Demon: Selfbuff, gives a +15 attack level buff which lasts 10 minutes.

Emberstorm: all the same but uses MP instead of HP. Requires 2 sparks.

Soporific Whisper: cooldown reduced to 1 minute.

Elemental Shell: Increases all magic resistances by 500% for 10 seconds.

Sage Glacial Snare and Divine Pyrogram effects now stack with Undine debuff.

Demon Blade Tempest have a 50% chance to seal enemies for 3 seconds instead of old addon.

Demon Ice Dragon Strike have channel time reduced to 3,5 seconds instead of old addon.

Ohai useful wizzie b:chuckle

I love you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I approve of this ^

Sage Wizard is something weak in comparison with Demon. Don't you think so when you read proposed skills ?

2% crit (every 50th hit is crit) is not equal to -20% channeling (channeling time reduced by 1/5th).

Let Demon get +5% crit and Sage -50% channeling instead.

Also, he give out our Wellspring Quaff ?

Edit:
    I play solo most of the time, so you can propose what you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sage Wizard is something weak in comparison with Demon. Don't you think so when you read proposed skills ?

2% crit (every 50th hit is crit) is not equal to -20% channeling (channeling time reduced by 1/5th).

Let Demon get +5% crit and Sage -50% channeling instead.

Also, he give out our Wellspring Quaff ?

Edit:
    I play solo most of the time, so you can propose what you want.

% crit works for 2 minutes, the 20 % channeling only for 15 seconds.

Groovy, I LOVE your ideas!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thanks all, kind of wish now developers in China would actually consider (or at least acknowledge) these changes ;)

@Borsuc: I considered giving 100% weapon damage for DoTs but it would make them too powerful, just compare "fixed" lvl 11 Pitfall with unchanged lvl 11 Will of Phoenix. The other option I could think of is to give 100% weapon damage but reduce additional damage to balance this. I was too lazy to think about proper formula though, as this "fix" will never be implemented anyway :P

@Magicsaber: I didn't stress it out enough in description of Wellspring Quaff, Sage crit buff would work on entire squad and would last 10 minutes, while Demon channeling buff would work only on you, as it is now. Updated description now :)

Yes, I gave away our Wellspring Quaff, I wanted to change something to make wizard wanted in parties and at the same time I felt making "new" Frostblade an AoE buff would be too powerful and would actually work against wizards (would give more benefits to 5aps BMs or sins than us :P)
    Packs World International
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ...and at the same time I felt making "new" Frostblade an AoE buff would be too powerful and would actually work against wizards (would give more benefits to 5aps BMs or sins than us :P)

I had nothing against Frostblade or Emberstorm.

These, especially Frostblade, can bring new "wind of changes" into game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you really wanna balance wizards out in PVP just add some self-buff return damage spell like bramble, just not nearly as strong.
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    /Groovy/ for dev! b:laugh Those ideas are amazing!

Clashmonster, I too love your ideas, but the first one looks just a little OP hehe :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    anyone else amused by the sage wizzies asking for more control skills?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    OP, you have no clue what wizards need as new skills.
    Learn the class , come back after you've been in some PvP/TWs for a few months.

Now I guess you have an advice for sage/demon paths too? you're around the appropriate lvl to come up with that stuff.
    b:bye

You is noob b:laugh
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The wizard skill that would improve our need in squads would probably be the Party buff Wellspring Quaff.

Other then that, frostblade one of the most useless skills a wizard has for themselves. Affects only physical non-special attacks. Useless as a self buff for us.

As for sage wizards, meh they're allright. Especially if you know what you're doing with the sage version of the skills. b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    anyone else amused by the sage wizzies asking for more control skills?

what is this i dont even....

I haven't seen a control skill, let me read again.

yea only see Groovy's idea and its basically the same as it is now only higher % chance. Go away if you dont know what you are talking about :)
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    most wizzies in other games are able to regenerate their special energies(SP, CHI, MANA etc) thats why i created skills whch able us to gain chi more that any(except sins) class.
    i guess me have to make our characters more horrible and wizzies from every game are know for their smashing ultis...i want to redo our lvl100 ulti to this one:

DANCE OF THE NATURE TALKER

MP cost 1000
    channel : 4secs
    cast time: 2
    cooldown: 180 secs

The ultimate attack of the nature-talker. Character combines his specialty to perform one massive spell with a massive damage and status altering debuffs in a 15m area of a target. Hit objects receive 600% weapon damage +

FIRE: reduces chi by 2 with every damage received and dealt. Reduced Vigor is transfered to the caster

WATER: severely freezes the enemies and reduces their attributes by 30%(damage, defense, cast speed, attack speed, movement speed, evasion and hit rate). enemies are also damaged by 30% of the casters mana pool.

EARTH: massively damages the opponents with 8990 inital earth damage and 8990 sand damage for 10seconds.

Requires 3sparks
    (3 required sparks since fire element ables us to regain chi)

FAITH SEAL(squad buff)

Range: 15m radius
    Mana: 960
    channel: 2.2
    cast: 3
    Cooldown: 3sec

Places a guardian seal on every ally inside a 15m radius. The seal reduces every skill's mana cost by 25% and increases garnered chi of skills by 50%. Skills that require chi are also reduced by 30% on their vigor usage.(Does not affect spark consuming skills)

RITE OF REFRACTION(self support buff for PvP)

Mana: 550
    Channel: 0.5
    Cast:0.5
    Cooldown: 90sec

Refracts any status altering buffs for 7 seconds including movement-restricting buffs but increases damage received by 30% for 7 seconds afterwards.

Requires 20chi
    (this to balance out the game, we dont have any anti-stun, para, seal or debuffs)

well the first two skills seems kinda op @-@... but i like the third one O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rite of Refraction > Irongaurd = OWNAGE
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Number of the beast:

Deals 66.666 dmg to all targets in a 66 metters radius. chanelling 6.66 seconds. Must be demon wiz and only usable once every 66 kills. requires 66 chi and at least 6666 reputation - Dont use it in tw because server may crash!

Seriously now, fire skills need some kind of add... think about this... water spells add slow, earth decreases accuracy and stuns, metal also slows, poison skills can break defense and have a seal/ freeze and DoT effect... Fire skills just deal dmg and thats it... And we are the only class that can use fire element, at least untill they release the new classes, im sure those will have fire element skills.

My idea is some fire skills to burn the target chi, even if its only divine pyro ,or have a dmg over time effect, or decrease some atribute for a few seconds.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    instead of asking for new skills i rather would modify the current ones.

fixes suggested:

sophoric whisper --> cooldown 1min duration 8s
    elemental shell --> 100% chance to purify + increase of ALL resistances ( atm wood is missing)
    hailstorm --> increase AOE Effect also with lvl not only range cap: 8m add 50% weapon dmg to the skill + increase currenct chances to freeze like suggested 50% normal 60% for sage with the double dmg to frozen enemies and 95% for demon

emberstorm --> decrease chargetime by 1 s sage emberstorm -->reduce dmg taken to a total of 25%of max hp demon version chance to stun up to 33% and hp reduced 50% instead of 60%

reduce cooldown of sutra to 45s

manifest virtue --> like suggested mana/50 instead of mana/100 for %
    other lvl 100 skill --> increase the dmg of earth effect + reduce cooldown to 5min
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmm, yeah, some more self support skills would be useful. Sutra is *awesome* as it is, but just for the sake of it..
    ESSENTIAL SUTRA ~Improvement

Instead of giving us a mana% back, I think it should give us something like:
    @ And reduce damage taken by 25% for 10 seconds
    @ Make self immune to stun, sleep seal ect. for 5 seconds
    @ Remove all negative effects from self
    @ Recover HP?
    @ Increase defences by 50% for 10 seconds
    Yes, the mana regaining effect IS lovely, but it's not all THAT useful. Since I got to 75, I've been LOVING those awesome pots ~ I never run out of mana anymore. Tbh, I'd love for Sutra to have one of these bonus effects instead of the mana regain. Keep the cooldown as it is to not make it really OP.

Perhaps we need a Sin bashing skill?
    SOUL GAZE
    Channel: 1sec
    Cast: 1sec
    Cooldown: 3minutes
    Learnt at level: 50
    Description:
    Opens the mind, allowing user to see hidden enemy's. Allows you to see hidden enemy's up to 5 levels above or below your own level. Lasts 30 seconds. Every second while activated, 100 mana is consumed.

Each level adds: Increases duration time by 5 seconds. Also, increases vision range by 1 level.

Sage: Sage version reduces mana cost to 40/sec.
    Demon: Demon version Reduces cooldown to 2minutes.
  • Pareee - Lost City
    Pareee - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The likelihood of new skills might be remote, much less who wants to pay to upgrade more skills (and books for that matter).

But with the new expansion, and/or subsequent to that, PW should implement some new bosses or instances where the wizard skills can shine. I'm a little tired of the love affair with the "Interval Sin" in WC (and now seeing int bm?).

I've been told Wiz is not wanted in Nirvana because everyone wants the sin. Maybe new classes will compete with that, but I have alot of time (and coins) invested in my wiz, and would hate to have her become outdated.

Where do you all see Wiz skills shine now? Frost or GV maybe.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The likelihood of new skills might be remote, much less who wants to pay to upgrade more skills (and books for that matter).

But with the new expansion, and/or subsequent to that, PW should implement some new bosses or instances where the wizard skills can shine. I'm a little tired of the love affair with the "Interval Sin" in WC (and now seeing int bm?).

I've been told Wiz is not wanted in Nirvana because everyone wants the sin. Maybe new classes will compete with that, but I have alot of time (and coins) invested in my wiz, and would hate to have her become outdated.

just GV, at end game just about anyone can kill the mobs, and the thing that slows the parties is the bosses. Wizards are a terrible dps class, so not really even wanted for frosts lol.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Definitely Frost. It's perfect for my game and I never have trouble getting a squad for that instance. When u can aoe all the mobs in one shot, how can it get any better? We reserve spots for a barb (the pull), a bm (dragons), and a sin (for set up), the cleric, and two DD (two wizzes or a wiz and archer). Depending usually upon the quality of the sin, the first half of Frost can take from 20 min-45 min.

While I usually agree with most of Adroit's opinions, I differ on this one based on my own experience. And, while I understand it's the bosses that take the time, we prefer balance and also don't mind taking an extra 5-10 minutes in order to help the "forgotten".
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Definitely Frost. It's perfect for my game and I never have trouble getting a squad for that instance. When u can aoe all the mobs in one shot, how can it get any better? We reserve spots for a barb (the pull), a bm (dragons), and a sin (for set up), the cleric, and two DD (two wizzes or a wiz and archer). Depending usually upon the quality of the sin, the first half of Frost can take from 20 min-45 min.

While I usually agree with most of Adroit's opinions, I differ on this one based on my own experience. And, while I understand it's the bosses that take the time, we prefer balance and also don't mind taking an extra 5-10 minutes in order to help the "forgotten".

I guess I don't like leaching off my squad. I mean.. if they can finish a frost in 40 mins, with me there it takes 39 mins.. I'm really just leaching off them. They are losing exp/min by taking you along. Now taking a fist bm or interval sin or w/e a good dps class brings the time down to ~30 mins.. at least the bm/sin would be contributing something worthwhile.

I remember doing a nirvana with a squad of all casters once, will NEVER do it again. Everyone in party had a +10 or better weapon, and it took almost 2 hours to finish it. It's disgusting to see these interval chars able to finish nirvana in less than 10 mins. Asking an interval squad to bring you along is like begging people for free stuff, they could finish more runs in the same amount of time and just give you a portion of the extra earnings.. and still have made more money for themselves.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I guess I don't like leaching off my squad. I mean.. if they can finish a frost in 40 mins, with me there it takes 39 mins.. I'm really just leaching off them. They are losing exp/min by taking you along. Now taking a fist bm or interval sin or w/e a good dps class brings the time down to ~30 mins.. at least the bm/sin would be contributing something worthwhile.

I remember doing a nirvana with a squad of all casters once, will NEVER do it again. Everyone in party had a +10 or better weapon, and it took almost 2 hours to finish it. It's disgusting to see these interval chars able to finish nirvana in less than 10 mins. Asking an interval squad to bring you along is like begging people for free stuff, they could finish more runs in the same amount of time and just give you a portion of the extra earnings.. and still have made more money for themselves.

Wait a second, Adroit. I'm the one that puts together my squads. I understand what you're saying, but I promise there's a whole host of people that would gladly go on a Nirvana with you. You're in Lost City, when we get to 100 we'll remember and look for you. You probably don't need a frost at your level, but we'd do that too. The thing is that our friends actually care about each other. Our inter-relations are what's fun in the game. Yes, I go outside our friends for a sin and DD at times, but for the most part we are compact...and I promise you..they have a different opinion of me as a Wizard that what is commonly expressed on these forums. Peace out. :)
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Yes, for a long time now I have been saying they need some new instances where wizards are needed. Like maybe 5 new instances, each with mobs and bosses that are all one element and that are immune to everything but the element they are weak too.

So for the Fire cave, only Water attacks will do damage to the mobs and bosses.
    Water cave, only Earth attacks do damage.
    Earth cave, only Wood attacks do damage.
    Wood cave, only Metal attacks do damage.
    Metal cave, only Fire attacks do damage.

And maybe an instance with mobs and bosses immune to physical attacks, and one with mobs and bosses immune to magic attacks.

This way everyone gets a chance to feel spacial and needed and/or useless and unwanted.
    b:pleased
  • Mage_Up_Ass - Sanctuary
    Mage_Up_Ass - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What i want is spammy buffs and a longer sutra. buff would come in handy. frost blade makes me more sadder than ever too T_T. oh yea a good revive skill also ^^ althought it makes it seem that wizzys copy clerics but it would make sum ppl happy
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think I'll add all of the best skills on here to the OP. Improvements shall be listed seperately :) I love what all of you do with the fancy colours, maybe I'll add a "template" to the OP too. :D Thanks for all your contributions

~Gal
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    [I'm just gonna make a new post here instead]

New Skill Template:

How to use: Copy the template into your post, and make the necessary adjustments. {Thanks to SovereignVis for the colour schemes used in this template!}

[html]Fire Element Skill
    Water Element Skill
    Earth Element Skill
    Wood Element Skill
    Metal Element Skill

If it's physical damage or has no elemental effect just leave it white. ~SovereignVis

Sage:#f7dfa5
    Demon:#d618e7[/html]

[HTML]Level (X) (What level is the skill at in your post?
    Mana Input the required mana usage here
    Channel Insert channel time here seconds
    Cast Insert cast time here seconds
    Cooldown Insert the skills cooldown timer here (1,2,3secs or 1,2,3mins ect. seconds
    RangeInput desired range here. (Most wizard skills start at 20.4 meters, and max out at 28.5 meters at level 10.)
    Weapon Insert what weapon must be equipped in order to use the skill here. (Example: Unarmed, Magical Instruments)

Requisite Cultivation Insert Cultivation here (Transcendant, Spirtual Adept ect.
    Description:Input the description of your skills. Also, tell us any damage, %modifiers here.
    Anything inbetween these two tags will be a light blue colour. This means these values change as the skill levels up. Non-changing factors should be written in white. Example: Most damage should be written in blue, as it usually gets more powerful the more the skill is levelled.

Requires Insert amount of Chi needed to use skill here. If no chi is needed, just delete this section. Chi[/HTML]

When posted, it will look something like this:
    Level (1) Magma Rise
    Mana 205
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 12 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magical Instruments
    Description: Sets off a volcanic eruption. Deals 150% of weapon damage plus an additional 1553 damage. Affects target within a 5 meter radius of self.

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Coalescence

Requires 40 Chi

Level (10) Magma Rise
    Mana 374
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 12 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magical Instruments
    Description: Sets off a volcanic eruption. Deals 250% of weapon damage plus an additional 4309 damage. Affects target within a 10 meter radius of self.

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Coalescence

Requires 40 Chi

SAGE For 10 seconds after casting, all Fire damage will be increased by 30%.
    DEMON Increases additional damage by 800.
    Note: This skill gains 10% more weapon damage, a 0.5meter range increase and 275.6 additional damage increase per level.
    (Formula: Level 10 damage minus level 1 damage, divided by 10.)

~~~~~~~~~~~SUGGESTED NEW SKILLS~~~~~~~~~~~
    In progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS TO CURRENT SKILLS~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In Progress.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    demon version chance to stun up to 33% and hp reduced 50% instead of 60%
    Stun is at 50% already, you want to nerf the only useable version of emberstorm? o.o
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Stun is at 50% already, you want to nerf the only useable version of emberstorm? o.o

lots of demon wizs haters QQ

many of our demon version skills sucks. the only good ones are the ones that sucked b4 lvl 11 like embestorm and hailstorm. And u guys wanna nerf that? QQ

Make stone rain stun chance up to 33 or 50%.

Give demon ultis some decent effect. They all suck. 50% chance interrupt, 20% chance of only using one spark and 5 metters increase of range... would trade that for sage bids anytime.
This discussion has been closed.