Sin Vs runner.

Kmgz - Lost City
Kmgz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Assassin
Hi people , in my journey on the pvp way i have encounter recently a big problem that i have never seen before : Kitting char !b:shocked

Usually i use this combo :

Maze step =>tackling slash => 3 spark => enjoy .

I have tried many combo , like the stunlock , the imobilize and using bow etc , but this one is definetly the better for me .

And it worked well till my last NV , i have dueled a cleric and impossible to defeat him.
Cauz like every cleric it go on with his shield .
I could surely overcome it during my 3 spark but righ after my Tackling slash and ruing my 3 spark discharge he purif himself and run away , and i'm running behind him like a big *** one.b:surrender.

I have tried many way , like running from him myself waiting his shield to vanish or stunlock it , but i can't stunlock it enough long for killing it cause righ he will run messing my attack sleep me stack IH and when i tp to him well , often my other skill are in cooldown.

And this is just in duel , can't imagine the pain in pvp with charm on.
Oh yeah and well he got almost 8K hp with no barb buff :/

Any tip against those type of char ?

Charmed Barb migh be easier Q.Q
Post edited by Kmgz - Lost City on

Comments

• Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Occult Ice genie skill
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    try this

tele stun -> throat cut -> tackling slash -> Earthen rift -> head hunt -> Raising dragon -> Deep Sting -> inner harmony -> occult ice -> demon spark -> auto

or this if you like using CoD

tele stun -> throat cut -> tackling slash -> Earthen rip -> head hunt -> Raising dragon -> Deep Sting -> inner harmony -> throat cut -> occult ice -> random skill cause they should be dead by now
  • Kmgz - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Ty for the answer , but like it mainly happen to me during a Duel , there is no way without occult ice ?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A bow.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hmm.. kiting... lol people aren't suppose to be able to kite sins... You do realize that's why you have 2 teleporting skills right... Shadow Teleport that stuns them long enough for you to pull together a stunlock or kill comob and Shadow Jump, that jumps directly to them. With those and a **** load of debuffing/stun/immobilize moves by your side. Headhunt, Deep Sting, Tackling Slash, Throatcut, Also doesn't matter if the kiter gets far away for a second, Knife Throw has a almost never fail chance at disrupting their channeling skill until you can get back to close range. Or if you knew you simply failed.. just shadow escape while they kite some more, wait for your skill cooldowns and try again. lol .

and like others have said, occult ice is also a must for kiters.

Not trying to say Sins are unbeatable, just saying you have a major 1vs1 advantage so you better get used to using them. xD also.... A sin's true advantage is being unseen & being the first to strike (before going out of stealth) thats why... You shouldn't really be in the same squad as the person you're dueling, or they'll see you lol unless you just wanna try it being seen & having a chance of being sealed/slept/1shotted if you don't use deaden nerves before you even do anything. Also.... before i forget.... 3spark isn't a.... such a good idea for pvp unless.... you know for sure your target is stunned or if you do a 3spark far away then holy path/run skill or possibly in the air where they can't see you and then drop down ... LOL. Also.. if you want to do a 3 spark .. use maze step + Tidal protection to possibly avoid any stuns/seals/sleeps ....

have fun ! b:victory

p.s. Too lazy to write formally, just read it & maybe you'll get something out of it, b:bye
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    OMG!, I can't believe I almost forgot to say this... LOL

If you're fighting a kiter

1.) They're most likely a squishy Arcane Armor user that needs to kite to win.
    Just use chill of the deep & do some heavy skill dd along w/ some stun locks, they'll fall down quickly

Only reason to use 3Spark is against Heavy armors where you can't kill them w/ regular attacks... but make sure they're atleast stunned or immobolized.

~ End of Sharing my knowledge ... lol
  • Kmgz - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    well TY for the answer , and will take in consideration to use chill of the deep and will try to not rely on interval on the fight .
    But just more :

1) This one was not squishy with garnet garnet gem , sage bm buff and his 8k hp tough opponent.

2) Well first time to ever really fight a kitter that is not an archer , got pretty surprised, fact that is was duel against someone fully prepared changed the deal.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Just seconding what Hero said. Interval is better for PvE and against melees in PvP. It's better to use CoD and skills against kiters (or in PvP in general from what I've observed...unless you have 2aps or more to slip in while your target is stunned).
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    OMG!, I can't believe I almost forgot to say this... LOL

If you're fighting a kiter

1.) They're most likely a squishy Arcane Armor user that needs to kite to win.
    Just use chill of the deep & do some heavy skill dd along w/ some stun locks, they'll fall down quickly

Only reason to use 3Spark is against Heavy armors where you can't kill them w/ regular attacks... but make sure they're atleast stunned or immobolized.

~ End of Sharing my knowledge ... lol

Whats with these:
    Stop running QQ
    Stop healing QQ
    Dont use genie skills, u'r noob
    Put away your pet while i'm killing you
    ?

(not saying your saying this, just using you for a point)

Do "anything" to win. If i use genie skills to heal, or run from a melee character, its not like i'm going to stand there and let them kill me, or get close to an archer so they can get half damage. Sorry, I just don't like when someone complains about things people do/use to win. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    stop being so fail?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    stop being so fail?

LOL ikr? He's saying "meeehh...but..." to each suggestion he's given.
    b:chuckle
    ~Spazz~
  • Kmgz - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    o.o this was not a post about QQing about other tactics , and i don't think Rice was complaining about it too.
    Was just wondering how to fight those who use kitting in fight that's all.

@ Rice : Noelis is stupid Q.Q
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Only reason I said to use demon spark is cause if they are still alive after all that you are seriously out geared if they are still alive.
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    u have 2 stuns, an immobilize and a sleep... u could keep them in one place for like 30+ seconds if u really wanted to
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hi people , in my journey on the pvp way i have encounter recently a big problem that i have never seen before : Kitting char !b:shocked

Usually i use this combo :

Maze step =>tackling slash => 3 spark => enjoy .

I have tried many combo , like the stunlock , the imobilize and using bow etc , but this one is definetly the better for me .

And it worked well till my last NV , i have dueled a cleric and impossible to defeat him.
    Cauz like every cleric it go on with his shield .
    I could surely overcome it during my 3 spark but righ after my Tackling slash and ruing my 3 spark discharge he purif himself and run away , and i'm running behind him like a big *** one.b:surrender.

I have tried many way , like running from him myself waiting his shield to vanish or stunlock it , but i can't stunlock it enough long for killing it cause righ he will run messing my attack sleep me stack IH and when i tp to him well , often my other skill are in cooldown.

And this is just in duel , can't imagine the pain in pvp with charm on.
    Oh yeah and well he got almost 8K hp with no barb buff :/

Any tip against those type of char ?

Charmed Barb migh be easier Q.Q

playing a sin isn't like rocket science...b:lipcurl
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ahh i love the common attack strats of sins..bravo bravob:thanks
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    LOL like you archers don't either use knockbacks or kite...bravo bravo.
    ~Spazz~
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    LOL like you archers don't either use knockbacks or kite...bravo bravo.

i just killed a kitty coz of your post..
    ktxbai
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yo Archers! I LOVE pissing off CS Archers by Tackling Slash, demon spark 5.0 with fists and GG. If you are alone, there is nothing short of IG that you can do about it. Wings of Grace? Sorry but at 30% damage reduction, you are still going to die w/o your charm tick. OP? Broken? Maybe. I will abuse it to no end. b:bye
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yo Archers! I LOVE pissing off CS Archers by Tackling Slash, demon spark 5.0 with fists and GG. If you are alone, there is nothing short of IG that you can do about it. Wings of Grace? Sorry but at 30% damage reduction, you are still going to die w/o your charm tick. OP? Broken? Maybe. I will abuse it to no end. b:bye

yap, you pwn archers by default.. but only 20% of you can fulfill your potentials..

for the rest is expel, EA, metal combo..
    you would be surprised how well this works with most of the sins on my server..
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    If they didn't have neutral buff filter block on, they deserve to die. If you Expel yourself, Tackling will keep you there and Occult Ice towards the end will keep you there when Tackling and Expel is about to expire. So broken yet so much fun to abuse.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If they didn't have neutral buff filter block on, they deserve to die. If you Expel yourself, Tackling will keep you there and Occult Ice towards the end will keep you there when Tackling and Expel is about to expire. So broken yet so much fun to abuse.

depends on the net conection and if they have enough stam to expel>path

dont see why they would expel unless you iced them as 3 spark+WoG time leaves you with 3-4 seconds of auto (server lag and move time) where they have shell a damage redux and hp food, i mean this is a CS archer right? 8k-10k hp and high refined orns is not going to drop in 3 seconds from fists through that (even more of a pain if they have demon w/e it is that grants spamed level 6 shells)

was always a fan of sleep>spark>inner+PD cancle>HH as it really does leave the option of geni or die w/o the opening for them to get off an antistun or imune skill fortify/AD = wait till it buff dies and ice expel = tele stun at end and kill or if they have to much hp just stealth and kill em once it wears off

i get bored and run these sims when i'm tryign to figure out how to beat sins 1v1 and honestly its a 90% chancethat a = skill/gear sin will kill a = skill/gear arcane or LA 1v1 every time they leave stealth

the 10% being ice missing on a 80% chance and a 33-50% chance of them dodgeing your disables...so to the OP if your loseing to another class as a sin your kinda special
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    depends on the net conection and if they have enough stam to expel>path

dont see why they would expel unless you iced them as 3 spark+WoG time leaves you with 3-4 seconds of auto (server lag and move time) where they have shell a damage redux and hp food, i mean this is a CS archer right? 8k-10k hp and high refined orns is not going to drop in 3 seconds from fists through that (even more of a pain if they have demon w/e it is that grants spamed level 6 shells)

No, you see, if they Expel themselves then they are stuck there with Tackling keeping them in place and Ice right before Tackling ends keeps them there for 4-5 seconds after Expel is up. That's 20-25 hits with about 1/4 missing. Headhunt can be followed through Ice if needed. If no one else interfere and they don't IG, kills all Archers.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    No, you see, if they Expel themselves then they are stuck there with Tackling keeping them in place and Ice right before Tackling ends keeps them there for 4-5 seconds after Expel is up. That's 20-25 hits with about 1/4 missing. Headhunt can be followed through Ice if needed. If no one else interfere and they don't IG, kills all Archers.

thus expel only if iced or right before you die to buy time for tick

sins will win vs an archer most of the time but unless you go crazy on a crit chain or have 5 aps with dag's theres really no reason the 1st spark would kill...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Joshcja -_- I do this on a daily basis and abused a R8 Archer much he didn't dare leave the side of a 5 APS BM and a Cleric, while you are speculating. 5 APS sparked with TT100 +5 drops LA/AA people w/o charm tick.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well, to the op, you can't always win fights, esp when people start realizing the potential of genie skills.

Take absolute domain by example : thats several seconds you can NOT do ANY damage on them, and 2 or 3 seconds you cannot immobilize them.

When i'm on my cleric, and some sin comes up & tries to stunlock me, i use AD, Dew of star protection and holy path away. Your sin "combo" will absolutely fail, and by the time you get to that one, some of your skills are still in cooldown.

Once a cleric gets away from you, you can't surprise him, and he will definately seal you and start his attacks.

Any sin should know that the main goal of a sin to to be "unseen". And anyone NOT a heavy class should know they can use several skills to avoid dying fast and get the hell away from a sin. Once they do, a sins greatest weapon of surprise is gone.

People think that high lvl sins are something to be afraid of, but truth of the matter is that an equally lvl who knows what he/she's doing can give em a run for their money. No one is invincible.

I'm happy with my sin, no doubt about it, but i also realize its limitations. As in any other class.
  • Frayed - Harshlands
    Frayed - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    AD, tigger leap, run like hell b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Joshcja -_- I do this on a daily basis and abused a R8 Archer much he didn't dare leave the side of a 5 APS BM and a Cleric, while you are speculating. 5 APS sparked with TT100 +5 drops LA/AA people w/o charm tick.

not questioning its effectiveness

just saying that a somone with massivly CSed gear that dies to that alone should be dragged out back and shot in the head
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    You'd be surprised of the power of 5.0 with 11-12k damage range. Sht dies fast. Imagine when I +10 those lol.
  • Frayed - Harshlands
    Frayed - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I bet 105 is Kita's waist size by now. ijs.