Repeating History

Options
Innamorata - Harshlands
Innamorata - Harshlands Posts: 129 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
Let me take you back 2-3 years ago, when PW just started. The server: MY Oracle. A malaesian named NeoNe0 and his friends started playing PW and made a guild named Warlords. They power-leveled and soon became the strongest guild on the server. Week by week they took over territories and got hundreds of millions in revenue, while the other guilds got broke apart and players moving to Warlords because of greed. Soon only their allies remained on the map, moment when they broke all their ties and took over those terfs too. Now they had the entire maps, looted TW every week and becoming the best geared in the game, while others could barely keep up with gear and constant PK. Some tried to merge and uphold WL but it was too late, they have been on first place too long and were to well geared and juned. This went on months and months until the server became a disgusting cesspool to behold for everyone except Warlords. The End.

I see the same fate for Harshalands, Zulu being the new Warlords. Soon Kylin and Crimson will fall and the same horrible fate awaits us all.
What can be done to prevent such a disaster, damning us to shadow and dullness?
Post edited by Innamorata - Harshlands on

Comments

• Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Let me take you back 2-3 years ago, when PW just started. The server: MY Oracle. A malaesian named NeoNe0 and his friends started playing PW and made a guild named Warlords. They power-leveled and soon became the strongest guild on the server. Week by week they took over territories and got hundreds of millions in revenue, while the other guilds got broke apart and players moving to Warlords because of greed. Soon only their allies remained on the map, moment when they broke all their ties and took over those terfs too. Now they had the entire maps, looted TW every week and becoming the best geared in the game, while others could barely keep up with gear and constant PK. Some tried to merge and uphold WL but it was too late, they have been on first place too long and were to well geared and juned. This went on months and months until the server became a disgusting cesspool to behold for everyone except Warlords. The End.

I see the same fate for Harshalands, Zulu being the new Warlords. Soon Kylin and Crimson will fall and the same horrible fate awaits us all.

I think u watch way too much TV lol

To answer your question, think about what Conqueror did on Lost City, there's your answer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I wonder what your definition of "fall" means.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ironic title, considering there was already a thread about this for Crimson, and Kingdom, and possibly one for Kylin too.

It won't matter that the map is all one color because the only people that still play the game are all in that guild.
  • Innamorata - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't know what Conquerer did, I don't know what you mean Crescendia and I know there were similar threads in the past for other guilds but now its later in the game where things tend to be more static. As for the only who play trust me there are much more, I know of at least 6-7 other high level guilds out there. Point is I don't like one flag servers, makes everything monotonous.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    look at dreamweaver, calamity finally had the whole map then broke apart from the inside. good for DW as the map effectively reset (well the lands were uncontested) and now we have a multicolored map for a good few months until the bigger factions chew up the small ones again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the question to answer is does any of it matter?

1. so zulu is takeing the server good they are just like any other faction except they got farther than the rest and now i guess you can say they earned the right to rule the map.

2. kylin and crimson along with others will still stay alive maybe not be tw factions but still they will have fun just doing what they do.

3. its just a game who cares who owns the map really? that doesnt mean their the best pkers, players or whatever.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the Question To Answer Is Does Any Of It Matter?

1. So Zulu Is Takeing The Server Good They Are Just Like Any Other Faction Except They Got Farther Than The Rest And Now I Guess You Can Say They Earned The Right To Rule The Map.

2. Kylin And Crimson Along With Others Will Still Stay Alive Maybe Not Be Tw Factions But Still They Will Have Fun Just Doing What They Do.

3. Its Just A Game Who Cares Who Owns The Map Really? That Doesnt Mean Their The Best Pkers, Players Or Whatever.

Your In Denial.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options

Your In Denial.

O.O i am?
    Fail troll of harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Of course it matters, TW is like the main goal of this game (in theory), besides getting gear and whatever. I'm too low level but I one day hope to have fun in TW and even cash in a bit from the loot.
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    O.O i am?

Yes. Didn't I tell you to play in traffic a week ago?

Here I am, thinking that you actually did, and now you come back.

Just get it over and done with...
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes. Didn't I tell you to play in traffic a week ago?

Here I am, thinking that you actually did, and now you come back.

Just get it over and done with...

lol okopogo i guess the big question here is why are you so mad at me?
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    canadians aren't smart - okopogo is canadian - okopogo isnt smart
    i would like also to call him the 3 letter word that starts with g and ends with ay.

tyvm
    b:bye
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    canadians aren't smart - okopogo is canadian - okopogo isnt smart
    i would like also to call him the 3 letter word that starts with g and ends with ay.

tyvm

there is no call for that mrhanky
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    do you mean the canadian part or the other?
    b:bye
  • /Fox - Harshlands59
    /Fox - Harshlands59 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    do you mean the canadian part or the other?

b:chuckleshe prob means the other part as most people know that the canadian part is trueb:pleased

meh i think it would be interesting for one faction to take the map. Zulu are most probably the best geared faction on the server so the amount of money they make wont really notice. it will just give smaller factions a reason to band together to try to defeat them b:bye
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oi. I remember when WL took the map. They cleared out Black first, then ReBorn, and finally Utopia. Awesome drama happened and Black first reformed as TXJY which also eventually caused ReBorn to become PeacE. Then Black went and reformed again as Rage. Rage managed to get a pretty decent-sized chunk of land from WL before they broke up due to internal drama and became Halcyon and Mafia. PeacE, Utopia, Unity, Mafia, and a couple other guilds took what was up for grabs.

Then we had the sever merge between Oracle and Delphi...

WL basically lost it. But at that point, they had ****ing Shuuyuki as their PR person and NeoNe0's account had been sold for $3,000 and put in, I believe, Utopia. The two lands WL had managed to get before being pretty much killed off completely were taken by ImmortaL (Delphi's version of WL) and, if I remember right, PeacE.

Of course...before the server merge, WL and Rage had tried to strike a deal with Immo to merge into them. Immo went with Rage and thus there were two Immos for a period of time before the second Immo was consolidated into the original Immo due to not being able to fend off Nightmare.

As of today, I believe Immo owns the majority of the map on the merged server. But don't quote me on that.

If you ask me though...I don't really mind Zulu taking over the map since, well, they don't seem nearly as dickish to me as WL or Rage were. But a lot of people would disagree with me on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lies. We steal, pillage, and **** all of teh women.
    60 / 250.
  • Rome - Harshlands
    Rome - Harshlands Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i agree with bloop. end of discussion. b:thanks
  • Payaso - Harshlands
    Payaso - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i agree with bloop. end of discussion. b:thanks

rome..... go back 2 picking ur strawberries u we.tback WHO SAID U COULD HVE A BREAK BISH?

ily b:kissb:bye
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who would be stupid enough to buy NeoNe0's account for 3000 dollars?
  • Hellostupid - Harshlands
    Hellostupid - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Your In Denial.

You + are = You're
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lies. We steal, pillage, and **** all of teh women.

i got to the women before you, enjoy my sloppy seconds. b:sin
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who would be stupid enough to buy NeoNe0's account for 3000 dollars?

NowKiss or whatever his name was. Was later sold again to Utopia's GM.

Geez...this brings up memories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nia, you still have an extreme case of teal deer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited November 2010
    Options
    Good points, exactly why I made the topic, to encourage people not to break under zulu and keep it going. I have no problem towards zulu in particular, but with others that do to react to their position of power. My guild on MY was helpful and nice too. Culti, KOS protection, vent.. good times.
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nia, you still have an extreme case of teal deer.

Not all of my posts are lengthy...

And I have a mere 86 posts to your 662...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But see you even say it in your first paragrah - "They power leveled". Look at how many times you said THEY.

That is .. the point.

When a group of determined people can work hard together - they can accomplish almost anything, including the slow take over of the maps.

But let's be real about this...

Things happen and we all know that guilds more often weaken and fall due to INTERNAL issues and not external - such as these examples:

1. Leader appoints friends and not most capable or ones that earned the rank - to higher ranks.

2. Leader appoints a romantic partner to a higher rank (again, one that did not earn it)

3. Leader/Director turns blind eye to bullying in legion chat.

4. Marhalls feel as if they are above helping others and often even talking to them in legion chat

5. Large amount of people grouping (fixed parties), and lower levels having to look out for themselves

6. In ability to be prepared for TW (no pots, no charms, people late)

7. No one monitoring anyone - this means no one really cares if you are closing in on your Fairy and it's up to YOU to get a team, wine, and complete it.

8. Again - clicks and groups - where smaller levels are either ignored or told to figure it out themselves

9. TOO MANY ALTS in the legion (should just be the main).

10. The inability for some to keep personal feelings/issues out of Legion chat and the lack of being TOLD to take it to private chat where it belongs

11. Being pked and no one giving a **. When you get pked, and you did nothing wrong, the entire legion should be offended and react

12. To many carebears (if we go revenge your pking, they will kos us - QQ).

13. Too many liabilities kept in the legion (trouble makers and liabilities to the guild) same for the ones with the 'give me, loan me, help me do generic quests' whiners.

The Legion is for all, and the Leader and Director should not act as if they are on a thron and the rest bow and scrape to their every whim.

From PW-MY some of my best times were when the Leader and Director, even Marshalls got in their and helped me get past a hard culti or boss. I can say every legion i had on pw-my was damn good at getting things done w/o a bunch of qq'ing and usually if not them, the other guldies would jump in and say 'lets do this'.

I pretty much agree with u. I think u should have mentioned guild hoppers too, which in my opinion is one of the main reasons of a guild falling; the kind of ppl that just go where the "winning" is made, and once u lose a couple or things get competitive, they just flock to the new "hot" guild. Funny thing is that most of the guild hoppers are known ('cause they've been in every guild lol) and guild officers keep accepting them, not saying that without a reason, 'cause a good guild hopper must be at least well geared and skilled to be desired by guilds, but, I've seen how in a several ocations, once u fill your guild with guild hoppers, your faction is doomed, sooner or later, when u lose a tw, fail on a pk war, etc., u will face a mass leak of players from the faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Blah

Had to look that one up, did ya?

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I pretty much agree with u. I think u should have mentioned guild hoppers too, which in my opinion is one of the main reasons of a guild falling; the kind of ppl that just go where the "winning" is made, and once u lose a couple or things get competitive, they just flock to the new "hot" guild. Funny thing is that most of the guild hoppers are known ('cause they've been in every guild lol) and guild officers keep accepting them, not saying that without a reason, 'cause a good guild hopper must be at least well geared and skilled to be desired by guilds, but, I've seen how in a several ocations, once u fill your guild with guild hoppers, your faction is doomed, sooner or later, when u lose a tw, fail on a pk war, etc., u will face a mass leak of players from the faction.

I agree but it is a speical kind of guild hopper... it is the one that drags three or four with them, or.. worse care scenario..... more. These are the one that for what ever reason, mutiny against you and leave.

For a lot of people, a Legion might not be a good fit for them .. so they seek one out that is... or they mirror what their buddies do... and join in a cluster > leave in a cluster.

Well ... many things cause Legion issues but the odds are .. its all happening on the inside.. and too many times, spies are there poking bigger holes in the smaller holes and sitting back, watching the fun as they continue to undermine.

ALL Legions have their growing pains but if they just remember this, they can overcome and recover.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    serious talk about loyality :o

humans would back stab their own family if they got paid to do so b:surrender
    i personally doubt many zulu members are loyal they are just there for the power involved
    Fail troll of harshlands