The REAL difference between PVE and PVP servers

2»

Comments

• Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Most of the time, instead of actual PK, you will witness blue name duels outside west Arch and in the safe zone area in Silver Pool. Unless a player is confident in their gear to withstand ganks or random attacks, most will stay in sz even if they have a full squad of pkers. PK hotspots are west Arch, Silver Pool, Cube of Fate, Secret Passage.

I'd just like to say this does not apply to sanctuary at all. These "hot spots" are actual PKs and not all duels. The Silver Pool is very exciting.
  • coolstorybreh
    coolstorybreh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wouldn't really call PK tournament "PvP".

On RT the tourny consist of:

Go into room, see I'm with 4 other faction members.

4 of us gang up on the one person from another guild that got into our room.

We wait, dig chests move on.

Now I'm in a room with 9 people from my guild, whichever officer who runs tourny will decide who moves on and who leaves.

A: I move on (rare) only happens when there are still people who are a threat to us in the tourny, almost never happens.

B: I leave, happens when all prominent enemies are gone, lowest 6 levels dig chests.

If I move on then 12 of us will gang 1 guy and the I'll leave.

the only policy archosaur has when it comes to the PK tourney is to make your best effort to kill your faction mate fast so to not tick their charm too much (just kidding, meaning we have none)

fun takes precedence over stupid *** rules, letting an officer dictate that? rofl, dumbest **** I've ever heard.
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Difference between PVE & PVP servers? Generally its the type of person who plays on them.

PVE server :
    There is a minority of ppl that do PVP and have some fun attacking like-minded ppl but it has no effect on those who don't wish to join in and everyone is happy.

PVP server:
    There is a minority of ppl that do PVP and have some fun attacking EVERYONE because they assume that everyone WANTS to join in and think youre an idiot if you don't - and vice-versa. There is thus much friction and abuse - but, most ppl are still happy even so because they get off on irritating others for whatever reason.

:)
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm waiting for Zoe to pop up relating PK to murdering someone in real life. And claiming duels and pvp are the same thing and charms in pvp is cheating. :X

He's showing a fantastic amount of restraint, kudos.

I have played on LC since day one. I've tried rolling on a PvE, especially after that first level 30 gank and I was like wtf (back when I was a noob and just picked LC because I liked the name, and I think because of the ping at the time). But PvE servers are boring. There's no drama, for one thing :C

Although before DQ points (and still, mostly) you can still stand afk outside of SZ on a PvP server and not be ganked. Ah well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There is PK on pve, its just the heavy CSers like to come out to west gate, and bounce their e-peens on all the "little people's" foreheads... Takes the fun factor out... So then the amount of people diminished.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    starfever wrote: »
    Difference between PVE & PVP servers? Generally its the type of person who plays on them.

PVE server :
    There is a minority of ppl that do PVP and have some fun attacking like-minded ppl but it has no effect on those who don't wish to join in and everyone is happy.

PVP server:
    There is a minority of ppl that do PVP and have some fun attacking EVERYONE because they assume that everyone WANTS to join in and think youre an idiot if you don't - and vice-versa. There is thus much friction and abuse - but, most ppl are still happy even so because they get off on irritating others for whatever reason.

:)

/facepalm

Yes, on PvE servers you don't have people that enjoy irritating others for whatever reason?

You're an idiot.

There are so many complaints of KSing and people following others around just to KS them to harass them. As if that's any less childish?

At least on a PvP server you can remedy that problem without having to cry for a GM.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    PK on Sanct is either:

1) Level 100+ from big factions talking and maybe killing each other in 1vs1 matches. Also killing some noobs and people they don't like (mostly random sins).
    2) Low-level people hanging around, 8x sins bragging how "awesome" they are if they can kill a level 90 arcane at 80.
    3) PK "wars".

It's kinda okay. Number two sucks though...

I pretty much think this happens on all PVE servers :P

Not exactly but it's similar .

While I do agree that pk "wars" on PVE servers can happen from time to time and are fun , they aren't as good as pvp server ones + they are just too rare .

It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm waiting for Zoe to pop up relating PK to murdering someone in real life. And claiming duels and pvp are the same thing and charms in pvp is cheating. :X

b:avoid
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    These is not going to end b:tired
    It's just like Fraternity - Brotherhood vs Anti - Fraternity b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    they should just change this idiotic pwi system, and make all servers the same,
    so everyone above 100+ goes automaticly into PVP,
    everyone above 30+ is allowed to go pvp but dont really have to,

or just make pvp avaible only against ppl +-10 lvls around the own one,
    and everyone would be happy,

im personally thinking the devs and gms do everything worse on purpose and lough the shi t out of they butt reading our wishes
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    they should just change this idiotic pwi system, and make all servers the same,
    so everyone above 100+ goes automaticly into PVP,
    everyone above 30+ is allowed to go pvp but dont really have to,

and everyone would be happy,

im personally thinking the devs and gms do everything worse on purpose and lough the shi t out of they butt reading our wishes

I like it. b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • vristion
    edited November 2010

Would make PvP good
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2010

What's better? Probably a PvE server until you're 90+. Definitely a PvP server at 100+.

I have to strongly agree with this statement. In all honesty, I think that even pve servers should be automatic pk after level 90. Perhaps something like other distributions of the game use and a required hour of pk mode over 90 every time you log on, after which you can go blue if you haven't acquired infamous status only to be pk mode again if you relog.

Vote yes on this proposition which I will henceforth call proposition 4236. b:victory
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    I have to strongly agree with this statement. In all honesty, I think that even pve servers should be automatic pk after level 90. Perhaps something like other distributions of the game use and a required hour of pk mode over 90 every time you log on, after which you can go blue if you haven't acquired infamous status only to be pk mode again if you relog.

Vote yes on this proposition which I will henceforth call proposition 4236. b:victory

Or for PvE, once you go PK, there is now turning back....hehe
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    vristion wrote: »
    Or for PvE, once you go PK, there is now turning back....hehe

You know how many clerics only go PK just so they can heal in instances?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010

...one question. Why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    ...one question. Why?

to heal those others that went to PK mode
  • vristion
    edited November 2010

Yes a realize it, I do it myself, But thats just a fix of coding allowing clerics to heal within the squad/instance, PK or not.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Actually, I'd vote that every server just change to 30+ open pvp.

Most leveling is done in instances these days, it doesn't really matter if you're white or blue named on a pve server anymore.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Actually, I'd vote that every server just change to 30+ open pvp.

Most leveling is done in instances these days, it doesn't really matter if you're white or blue named on a pve server anymore.

lmao so true, and at least I could make the noobs I'm lucky enough to run instances with shut up.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    WTB Server transfer stone zzzzzz
    Someone drag me to LC :(

This! I want one to QQ. b:dirty

I'd love to roll on a PVP server, but I'm not sure what to roll. I know sure as hell it wouldn't be a barb.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This! I want one to QQ. b:dirty

I'd love to roll on a PVP server, but I'm not sure what to roll. I know sure as hell it wouldn't be a barb.

Why not? LC has lots of barbs that have 5 aps and an arma that just **** everything (e.g. Susa)
  • SecretGem - Heavens Tear
    SecretGem - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Getting back to the OP I think really it comes down to TW as the ultimate form of PvP for PWI(or is intended to be) PvP even on a PvP server is somewhat lacking and dim. Many players from there openly complain about a lack of it. TW however on each server I think is a better topic for discussion because it involves more strategy than just open pk.