PETS: DD vs Tank || Best Flying Pet

Options
124»

Comments

• gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and Manray I ma tired of debating with someone who won't listen go own and enjoy your halffast pets.

Translation: "I'm tired of dealing with someone who actually recognizes the flaws in my arguments, and whom I can't beat down by repeating in various phrasings 'get a herc' so I'm going to run away." b:bye
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Actually, as someone who has run FF from level 75 on, the herc really starts to loose it's value in FF90+. 95+ it's a joke. I see countless herc venos repeatedly asking in world chat for FF90/95+ squads. When you get that high, hercs can't hold aggro against a majority of the DDs and it's incredibly inefficient time-wise and pot-wise to have your full squad nerf to let a herc tank.

FF is all about fast xp. From 75-90, herc > DDs. When you get to 90+, DDs > herc. (There are some exceptions of course, but this seems to be the norm.)

Thank you. Someone had to post this again. The only time herc can tank comfortably is during [?] bosses. But even then, a high DD can pull aggro from it easily.

Mysti, before you talk about venos like you know everything, level yours up. It seems like you're missing out on the 8x-9x perspective. Hercs loose its value at higher levels, period. I just did 2-3 with some people and I didn't even need a pet since the barb/BM tanked the whole instance. But I did use my Kowlin for pulling/debuffing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Where did I say mp food I said repair bill

You're the one who brought Clerics into this, i trust you know weapon repairs are not their only expense...
    That is nice that is why you can't be rational and one reason tweakz treats you the way he does

It really was nice, today i went out with a couple of the girls from last night for cocktails and Argentine food. Beautiful weekend... As for Tweakz leave him out of this, why you would need to justify his behaviour is beyond me, but hopefully we are done debating each other.
    No it is not.

and Manray I ma tired of debating with someone who won't listen go own and enjoy your halffast pets.

Gelnd answered this much better than i could have. And i do enjoy my pets so there really is no point getting upset about some of us making different choices.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Gelnd answered this much better than i could have. And i do enjoy my pets so there really is no point getting upset about some of us making different choices.

You could of but it any other way and I don't have have any flaws.btw MANray you made my post count go up a lot.

V foolish how.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't have have any flaws.

This is a very bold statement...and one that is foolish in my book.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You could of but it any other way and I don't have have any flaws.btw MANray you made my post count go up a lot.

V foolish how.

b:chuckle
    edited November 2010
    Options

V foolish how.

It's foolish because everyone has flaws, regardless of who you are. It's part of being human. Claiming that you have none makes you lose any credibility with me.

As a side note, please don't edit posts to reply to a later comment, it's harder to track.

Regarding post counts, numbers don't mean everything. I'm pretty sure Yulk had a high post count as well, ijs...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    We need a sticky guide that says that the new classes are so OP, soloable, and make 4x as much coin as Veno's 100 levels higher, and they can use any pet including AC as attack pets so all the fails and trolls will move on and stop posting stupid **** in this forum. b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately all the fails are dead set on selling the idea all venos MUST get an herc... I'm afraid they've proven their unwillingness to leave...
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately all the fails are dead set on selling the idea all venos MUST get an herc... I'm afraid they've proven their unwillingness to leave...

dont lose hope , one day they will quit this game , i hope b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've gotten to the point to where i don't wanna pull my herc out during bhs cause either me or someone else is gonna steal aggro from it. It always happens. Thats why i feel it best for me to lvl up a DD/debuffer pet, since it will have some value.

But on a side note, do nix's lose their value later on? (And im not talking about from a pvp point of view.)
    >.<
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've gotten to the point to where i don't wanna pull my herc out during bhs cause either me or someone else is gonna steal aggro from it. It always happens. Thats why i feel it best for me to lvl up a DD/debuffer pet, since it will have some value.

But on a side note, do nix's lose their value later on? (And im not talking about from a pvp point of view.)

hercs lose their value? news to me, if you are spending 1/4 of the time healing as you would with any other pet, you have that much more time to use other skills. who cares if other people steal agro from it on [?] bosses, 1- its their fault if they where counting on the herc to tank and cant control their damage, if they are a better tank and do more DD, let them have it, its better for everyone. because they can take more damage than anything else, herc are the best lures, you cant solo card bosses with other pets, you still cant solo TTs with other pets, you cant aoe grind with other pets, 5aps is better on [?] and is also much more expensive than a herc, not being the tank for everything doesn't make a herc any less valuable. i would say their value levels off at a point, but it doesnt drop.

nix's never lose their value either, pvp or pve.

there's nothing stopping you from having a DPS pet and a debuff pet too. the more tools you have to work with, the better. but if the tool is only gonna hold you or your party back, its the wrong tool for the situation. nothing says you have to have your pet out and at the ready at all times, sometimes they just get in the way, aggroing extra mobs, dying excessively, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options

Mysti, before you talk about venos like you know everything, level yours up. It seems like you're missing out on the 8x-9x perspective. Hercs loose its value at higher levels, period. I just did 2-3 with some people and I didn't even need a pet since the barb/BM tanked the whole instance. But I did use my Kowlin for pulling/debuffing.
    Right now I am concentrating on my Cleric as well as another game where my guild is in.I want to get my Cleric to demon or sage plus get a few skills.I will then work on my Veno getting it to sage maybe demon but I prefer sage.I got to much invested into this char. as it now has 2 Leg. pets.

I would say that Herc would never lose it value or I want my money back if that is the case.I would prefer Lunar or Kowlin and you could of debuffed.

Like the poster above me says Hercs still have their value.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dont lose hope , one day they will quit this game , i hope b:surrender
    hercs lose their value? news to me, if you are spending 1/4 of the time healing as you would with any other pet, you have that much more time to use other skills. who cares if other people steal agro from it on [?] bosses, 1- its their fault if they where counting on the herc to tank and cant control their damage, if they are a better tank and do more DD, let them have it, its better for everyone. because they can take more damage than anything else, herc are the best lures, you cant solo card bosses with other pets, you still cant solo TTs with other pets, you cant aoe grind with other pets, 5aps is better on [?] and is also much more expensive than a herc, not being the tank for everything doesn't make a herc any less valuable. i would say their value levels off at a point, but it doesnt drop.

nix's never lose their value either, pvp or pve.

there's nothing stopping you from having a DPS pet and a debuff pet too. the more tools you have to work with, the better. but if the tool is only gonna hold you or your party back, its the wrong tool for the situation. nothing says you have to have your pet out and at the ready at all times, sometimes they just get in the way, aggroing extra mobs, dying excessively, etc.
    Right now I am concentrating on my Cleric as well as another game where my guild is in.I want to get my Cleric to demon or sage plus get a few skills.I will then work on my Veno getting it to sage maybe demon but I prefer sage.I got to much invested into this char. as it now has 2 Leg. pets.

I would say that Herc would never lose it value or I want my money back if that is the case.I would prefer Lunar or Kowlin and you could of debuffed.

Like the poster above me says Hercs still have their value.

Well i didn't say they had no value. My herc has served me well for a long time, but in bh's it wont hold aggro at all, even with lvl 5 bash. Even non-int characters steal from it. In TT or Fcc it usually holds aggro, unless there's a sin or bm with good interval bonuses. I don't mind aggro being stolen from it, cause that gives me a better chance to DD and debuff, but I am asking in these situations if it would be better to pull out a different pet. And in nirvana, they don't tank the bosses do they?
    >.<
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well i didn't say they had no value. My herc has served me well for a long time, but in bh's it wont hold aggro at all, even with lvl 5 bash. Even non-int characters steal from it. In TT or Fcc it usually holds aggro, unless there's a sin or bm with good interval bonuses. I don't mind aggro being stolen from it, cause that gives me a better chance to DD and debuff, but I am asking in these situations if it would be better to pull out a different pet. And in nirvana, they don't tank the bosses do they?

I would go down into TT with full sqd only to open the doors but go down with a Bm or Cleric with RB.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Quoting myself to clarify what I meant...
    Actually, as someone who has run FF from level 75 on, the herc really starts to loose it's value in FF90+. 95+ it's a joke. I see countless herc venos repeatedly asking in world chat for FF90/95+ squads. When you get that high, hercs can't hold aggro against a majority of the DDs and it's incredibly inefficient time-wise and pot-wise to have your full squad nerf to let a herc tank.

FF is all about fast xp. From 75-90, herc > DDs. When you get to 90+, DDs > herc. (There are some exceptions of course, but this seems to be the norm.)

I didn't mean to say that the herc loses it's value period. However, the herc is meant to take damage and not deal it. In the case of higher level FF, a herc is really only preferable on aoe bosses, since it won't be tanking. Even on the aoe bosses it's debatable. As long as your pet can take a hit or two, then you should be fine. It's well known that a herc does less damage compared to many other pets, so the time spent popping an extra heal on occasion evens out with the extra damage/debuffs other pets can apply.

If you become a pet cleric, it's a different story and you shouldn't be using that pet (assuming you aren't the tank).

You can definitely do much more with a herc and having one makes things easier, but depending on the circumstance, the gains in having one can be diminished.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they generally wont hold agro in BH 79, and aren't tanks at all for BH100, if the squad is relying on the herc to tank the should know how to control their damage, im sure by BH79 if they are pulling agro from the herc its not the first time its happened, a DD that cant control their agro deserves to die.

hercs dont tank nirvana, unless you are in an absolutely terrible terrible squad. high -int people tank nirvana or at the very least a barb, pets run when they get sealed, which happens every 30 seconds or so in nirvana, if a nirvana squad is asking a herc to tank it, drop squad.

if you have another pet that can out DD a herc, wont die easily from aoe, and wont steal agro, by all means use it. pretty much every pet aside from a herc is a 1 shot in nirvana though, and the bosses random agro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I would go down into TT with full sqd only to open the doors but go down with a Bm or Cleric with RB.

Do you mean BB instead of RB? Since RB conflicts with red spark?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Do you mean BB instead of RB? Since RB conflicts with red spark?

No I mean RB(Red Bubble)/Heavens Wrath as I did this with former guild and her herc in 3-3 only 3 of us me on my Cleric her Veno and a BM.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, thanks for the answers Sasha and Mauntille. Anyways, you said a nix doesnt lose any value at all, pvp or pve, right? I hear it's the queen of grinding pets basically, and if it's got protect added to it, it can tank outside bosses, or oht ones. Also someone told me in high lvls it can make more money than a herc soloing TT. (Just asking these questions since i just got mine the other day)
    >.<
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No I mean RB(Red Bubble)/Heavens Wrath as I did this with former guild and her herc in 3-3 only 3 of us me on my Cleric her Veno and a BM.

That makes more sense; guess I misread your initial post. I thought you meant just taking the BM and the cleric with RB. Is this new TT or old TT?
    Well, thanks for the answers Sasha and Mauntille. Anyways, you said a nix doesnt lose any value at all, pvp or pve, right? I hear it's the queen of grinding pets basically, and if it's got protect added to it, it can tank outside bosses, or oht ones. Also someone told me in high lvls it can make more money than a herc soloing TT. (Just asking these questions since i just got mine the other day)

Np. Yeah, as long as you're spending time outside, I have yet to see a scenario where the nix doesn't have it's full value.

I do know someone who got a nix and not a herc and doesn't spend any time outside. So while the nix is still valuable, it's wasted on this person. :/
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That makes more sense; guess I misread your initial post. I thought you meant just taking the BM and the cleric with RB. Is this new TT or old TT?

Np. Yeah, as long as you're spending time outside, I have yet to see a scenario where the nix doesn't have it's full value.

I do know someone who got a nix and not a herc and doesn't spend any time outside. So while the nix is still valuable, it's wasted on this person. :/

Nixes are generally worth it because it rips mobs to shreds during questing, cutting the time in half. I don't do quests often enough recently to make it worth it though. b:surrender

The only time it gets annoying is when you have to jump and make the nix follow in order to get to your target (same with all air pets). But imo air pets are all worth the coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options

The only time it gets annoying is when you have to jump and make the nix follow in order to get to your target (same with all air pets). But imo air pets are all worth the coin.

Which why I've been stayin in the air with my nix.
    >.<
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You can't exactly effectively DD on ground mobs if you fly, and I really despise air grinding ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Alphae, that is true. That's why you have to jump and move forward while pressing "Follow" on the pet bar. That will make your pet in the air and it can bypass the elevation issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well yea I know i can't effectively DD on ground mobs in the air. But im talking about grinding on those sentries in oht. That's usually where im grinding, and it doesnt really matter if I DD. So best to stay in air, imo. But any other place, I'd be on the ground and put up with the jumping. lol
    >.<
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It is the current TT although I was in my 60s then before the mistake on the update.
  • bubbelgirl
    bubbelgirl Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Till now (lvl74) i've been useing a GW & an eldergoth marksman as land-pets.
    in valley of disaster i recently caught a dodon laronist (big red chicken) witch looks also good, only a bit low on hp, but comes with bash & fireball lvl3 and as 3e skill howl lvl2 witch r all good for DD. Thx2 the marksman i can solo lots of mobs/bosses that u can't do without a herc, being a ranged pet, u can stay out of aoe-zones + most bosses do less ranged damage then 1-on-1 damage.

So basicly if i had 2 choose 1 alround pet, i'd go for the marksman (named Kong btw). It doesn't hold aggro verywell, but if u solo u'd have not mutch trouble with that, just let it built up some aggro then 2 shot-heal pet combo.

Have fun & cya in game ,
    Venomman b:cool
  • Illithra - Archosaur
    Illithra - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wow!...it's amazing that so many people started an argurement over Herc pets and you stated that you weren't interested in that type....but then most posts about which pet is better that I've read end in a Herc pet free for all.....Any-who, I prefer my Seamonster "Pookie" as he can take it with good defence scores(also bought "Tough" skill) and deal good damge also(deleted "Slow"and got"Roar" and"Bash")....He perfect for me....I don't need to buy a herc. to support the game or to be a true Vemonacer....other than Pookie, my other pet are choosen because they look neat.....
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    well if i was u i had not waste coins or time on legendary pets, normal pets work fine 2, and use those pets u like.
    And keep lvl em and give them skills-lvl skills^^ u alredy have good tank, but if u wanna get better DD, u may have 2 find pet w hige patk build. scope and sawflys are know as much patk, but hp/pdef/mdef is not that good. wel u have 2 try em out.
    Only way 2 find out if u like em
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL