Class Preview: Earthguard Seeker!

Comments

• Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:victory melee mage ftw
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just a quick question

Any1 know WHEN the Seeker / Mystic will come out? so. when's the new expansion coming ?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just a quick question

Any1 know WHEN the Seeker / Mystic will come out? so. when's the new expansion coming ?

I heard at new year . . . b:surrender dunno for CN or INT . . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    -Heavy armor: check.
    -Big clunky sword: check.
    -Short-Medium range attacks: check.
    -Elemental spike damage: check.

Yep, melee mage (aka Paladin).
    Not every type of magic knight is a paladin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I say somewhere after the next two maintences. b:victory
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sounds cool, I will have to try one. I hope they have skills to keep aggro and can tank.
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Whether they be DD or Tank i hope they are useful in a squad, and i dont mean useful by dumping a ton of money into the game so you can 5 aps tank/dd. we'll see b:bye
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Earthguard Seeker

A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.
    Oh look....a Blademaster. No wait, never mind that's a Seeker. >.>;

Abilities:

*names and descriptions are currently in development, and may change before official release

Weapon Upgrade: Blade Engravings

By tapping into the wrath of nature, Seekers can infuse their weapons with elements as a short-term but powerful boost.[/QUOTE]
    ...So it's like...a Wizard...with a sword? All of you with crappy Mdef? You better run like hell.

Attack Stances

By changing combat stances, Seekers can open up powerful special moves with varying attack effects.
    [/QUOTE]
    ...wait wha?

Vicious Afflictions

Seekers can cast afflictions on enemies, causing various forms of nature-based damage.
    Oooh, goody...poison. How original.

Ranged Attack: Blade Blastwave

By swinging their massive claymores in sync with the natural vibrations of the Earth, Seekers can send forth mighty kinetic waves to knock down and incapacitate their adversaries.
    Oh, you mean they'll stun their enemies and--wait a second... >.>

Point being...too much like Blademasters. Try again please. Somehow, I smell another 5aps demon sparking nightmare on our hands. Yikes.
  • Akyeno - Heavens Tear
    Akyeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oh look....a Blademaster. No wait, never mind that's a Seeker. >.>;

Abilities:

*names and descriptions are currently in development, and may change before official release

Weapon Upgrade: Blade Engravings

By tapping into the wrath of nature, Seekers can infuse their weapons with elements as a short-term but powerful boost.
    ...So it's like...a Wizard...with a sword? All of you with crappy Mdef? You better run like hell.

Attack Stances

By changing combat stances, Seekers can open up powerful special moves with varying attack effects.
    [/QUOTE]
    ...wait wha?

Vicious Afflictions

Seekers can cast afflictions on enemies, causing various forms of nature-based damage.

Oh, you mean they'll stun their enemies and--wait a second... >.>

Point being...too much like Blademasters. Try again please. Somehow, I smell another 5aps demon sparking nightmare on our hands. Yikes. [/QUOTE]

Then in that case they should remove psychics as well, seeing as how they are to much like wizards. Oh wait never mind that would be meb:cry.
    edited November 2010
    *clap* *clap*

About feedbacks to the new class . .

" why so serious ? "

these isn't the first time it happen, won't be the last, and not just happen here so . .

relax more

U want m04r play3rs th0 leve tha game ? Then always remember hatred to the company or developer to the end of your life ? Are these going to change innocent newbie totally into professional mmo server destroyer ?
    b:shocked

What i eat or drink today . . b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    New classes sound cool, however 5aps has this game in a stranglehold. When the developers decide to nerf aps and make skills important again then additions like these will be all the more appreciated..............goes back to begging for a squad that does not NEED a 3aps or higher bm to squad with them.
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sorry but i have to post the link everywhere xD

http://js.my.tv.sohu.com/ppp/mv/swf.old_v_2010071314/Main.swf?id=4885126&type=Singleton&domain=out&skin=4&hostname=

firs look on the classes. or more on the seeker. but nothing to see of his skills. but there are some things that sounds interesting. like the fireball. is it a transform of the race. in some way its look like it. but i think thats the 4d change the area apocalypse gimic. and maybe thats jus meteors.
    so whats this. have we to look after meteors dont fall on or heads ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This class reminds me a lot of the Balos from JD.
    The Mystics remind me a lot of the Ardens from JD.
    This whole race sounds like the Athans from JD.

It seems like everything from this new race was copied from JD. I mean, yeah sure, it's a PWE game, but do they have any imagination? b:surrender
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Forget imagination for a moment because I have not seen a single suggestion from anyone here that does not sound like it has not been taken from some other game already out there.

The real questions are:
    1) Do the developer have the big ones to make the appropriate nerfs (5aps I'm looking at you) this game needs?
    2) Will the developers fix the simple but very annoying game bugs (rubberbanding anyone)?
    3) Will PvP expand beyond ganking,TW,and 1v1's (an, gasp, working arena perhaps)?
    4) Will the cash shop operators find anything more stimulating than packs (then again who am I kidding) to keep their income coming?

.......................look out for your next installment of PWI expansion, coming to a server near you.
  • tideborn06
    tideborn06 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Why does everyone have to cry about 5aps, if u dont like it don't play..simple as that.

The new class might or might not be a 5aps class, if it is...then so be it. Like is said, no one is forcing all the QQers to play the game.

Free to play but pay to win, its been that way for a long time now.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    why is everyone so quick to jump in the "lol 5 aps incoming" bandwagon? the seekers are tank classes that wear giant 2 handed claymores, and last i check claymores are everything BUT fast.

claymores wouldnt have near the atk speed to get 5 aps on a seeker as it would probaly be the same rate as axes/hammers. and i doubt the seeker weapons will have -interval bonuses, and even if they did it wouldnt matter much. it just would not look right to see a claymore atking so fast. so dont jump the gun and just chill out. instead of worrying about seekers having 5 aps u should worry about them replacing barbs in the tanking department.
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Unless their skills and the skills of barbs get some uber threat upgrade they won't be tanking anything once they get up to lvl 90 and meet the -intv tanks of this game.
  • NyKage - Lost City
    NyKage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This is only a test to get a SS D:
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Unless their skills and the skills of barbs get some uber threat upgrade they won't be tanking anything once they get up to lvl 90 and meet the -intv tanks of this game.

Holy friggin' hell dude. Was just reading through the thread and every second post is you whining about -interval. We get the point already.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    I have broken no forum rule I know of. I have a point and I am free to make it. I made it based on the fact that I see barbs lose agro quite easily to dds so the idea of a second tanking class is just an idea so long as neither tank class can properly maintain/control agro.
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have broken no forum rule I know of. I have a point and I am free to make it. I made it based on the fact that I see barbs lose agro quite easily to dds so the idea of a second tanking class is just an idea so long as neither tank class can properly maintain/control agro.

You keep making your point let no one stop you b:victory

Sadly it will fall on deaf ears asfar as those that could actualy change it.

Pay to win describes this game to a T and for that reason it will never change or be the game it once was no matter how many expansions or new races they introduce.
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2010

In my experience - the barb can hold aggro if they are well built and the player has a sold understanding of their skills and some measure of experience tanking mobs & bosses. If he knows the mobs/bosses, understands their attacks, understands his skills and now they all work in combination.. etc...

I have lost aggro from my level 101 Hercules to a much lower barb. And I have seen a mere level 75 barb tank FW effortlessly and never lose aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    New classes sound cool, however 5aps has this game in a stranglehold. When the developers decide to nerf aps and make skills important again then additions like these will be all the more appreciated..............goes back to begging for a squad that does not NEED a 3aps or higher bm to squad with them.
    ^ I can tell you are being realistic instead of optimistic. b:victory
    why is everyone so quick to jump in the "lol 5 aps incoming" bandwagon? the seekers are tank classes that wear giant 2 handed claymores, and last i check claymores are everything BUT fast.
    Some of us, like me, argue that they will be WORTHLESS that is all. You know, some of us DO complain if something is underpowered, not just overpowered. Some of us like a game to be properly balanced, not "win" or "insta pwn". I don't like it when something is underpowered, even if it's my opponent, or my ally.
    edited November 2010
    I don't like it when something is underpowered, even if it's my opponent, or my ally.

Agree . . b:chuckle
    I hope after more info about the new class we find out they maybe changes something that usually common in parties. Especially with the world revamp and game engine update, who know what will be changed *without further notice* . . b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited November 2010
    anyone play silkroad? bladers(as well as all chinese chars) have the ability to imbue their weapons with an element(fire, ice, lightening) which all have different effects for a short amount of time. it adds a LOT of damage to your attacks.

a lot of korean mmo's have things like this, will probably have chain-skills(skills that hit more than once) as well. I imagine it'll have multiple builds, as well. half of its skills probably benefits more from str, where the other half benefit more from int. should be a fun class b:bye
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Will this Seeker be able to use only his exclusive claymores? I hope that he can use the already existing swords/blades too.
  • Kiaxn - Archosaur
    Kiaxn - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ok, you guys are jumping to conclusions about the Seeker automatically being able to be some 5 aps guy. I think they won't be able to get 5aps and here's simple reason why.

They use a claymore, witch is a big ,long, and heavy two-handed sword. That should be enough to tell you that they won't be able to get 5aps

And sins have daggers ....
    Blood Red for a reason.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And sins have daggers ....

Daggers and Fists are very light and quick weapons witch can explain why they are able to get 5aps.

A claymore witch is a heavy two-handed sword I would most likely believe won't be able to get that.

In real life you will get more hits ALOT faster with claws or fist or daggers than a claymore.

But who knows? We have to wait until they come out for us to find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Daggers and Fists are very light and quick weapons witch can explain why they are able to get 5aps.

A claymore witch is a heavy two-handed sword I would most likely believe won't be able to get that.

In real life you will get more hits ALOT faster with claws or fist or daggers than a claymore.

But who knows? We have to wait until they come out for us to find out.
    Any class, with the right amount of money, time, and gear, can get near 5 att/sec. Its just a matter of time before they do.

Edit: This is a game XD not real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Any class, with the right amount of money, time, and gear, can get near 5 att/sec. Its just a matter of time before they do.

Edit: This is a game XD not real life.

True, but like what I said before we got to wait until they come out for us to know if they are able to get 5aps or not.

And who knows they might only be able to use claymores and not any other melee weapon and have a attack speed a little slower than a Axe.

Anything thing could happen when they come out. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
This discussion has been closed.