Your thoughts on the new classes

Options
PaleHorse - Lost City
PaleHorse - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
so what are your thoughts on the new classes and what they are going to be.

from what has been revealed so far it seems the seeker will be a heavy armor tank which will mix Physical and magic damage

while the mystic is starting to sound alot like a summoner class with some damage magic skills revolving around wood or earth
Post edited by PaleHorse - Lost City on

Comments

• MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm curious as to what their skill sets will be. I know the Seeker is a melee class but will it be similar to a BM or a Barb, or some weird combination of the two? (I plan to roll one to figure it out)

I'm not much of a caster type of person so I don't care much about the Mystic.

EDIT: Woot! Finally got first...
  • PaleHorse - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm curious as to what their skill sets will be. I know the Seeker is a melee class but will it be similar to a BM or a Barb, or some weird combination of the two? (I plan to roll one to figure it out)

I'm not much of a caster type of person so I don't care much about the Mystic.

EDIT: Woot! Finally got first...

yeah i'm curious about the skills of them as well, to be honest the impression the revealing of the classes make the seeker sound like a hell of a pvp class since they say it uses twin sword for melee and mixing it with arcane magic which would mean they could be used for decent damage against both Heavy armored and robe users
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think they can both (seeker and mystic) see assassins who are in invisable mode.
    For the rest: we will see
  • PaleHorse - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think they can both (seeker and mystic) see assassins who are in invisable mode.
    For the rest: we will see

yeah i believe the third eye skill will be a race shared skill such as tide form for the tideborns.
    i think it will raise the awareness lvl by so and so lvls with each upgrade
  • Amurora - Heavens Tear
    Amurora - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this.

Though, my question is for the mys. (even though I am going to try Seeker first) is the summon a magic skill like how the wizards use the ice/water dragon (don't know what it is never was a wiz) or is it like a pet like the veno? That would be interesting (and solve the "can't be a male veno" factor)

Also, what seperates the seeker from the blade or barb? I mean the psy was the fastest spell caster over the wizard so will there be an added on feature similar but with the Seeker instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Going Seeker, its a plus for my gear to account stash too.

As for Mystic.....can i make a HA Mystic build? O.o

We can only wait and see.....rofl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • PaleHorse - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this.

Though, my question is for the mys. (even though I am going to try Seeker first) is the summon a magic skill like how the wizards use the ice/water dragon (don't know what it is never was a wiz) or is it like a pet like the veno? That would be interesting (and solve the "can't be a male veno" factor)

Also, what seperates the seeker from the blade or barb? I mean the psy was the fastest spell caster over the wizard so will there be an added on feature similar but with the Seeker instead?

i get the idea that whats going to seperate the seeker from the blademaster or barb is the fact that the seeker is going to hit elemental damage along with the melee with it skills.

as for the mystic i wouldnt mind its skills to be such as summons a such and such for 30 seconds that will attack an oppenent for water damage or some **** like that
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:dirty Mystic sounds like the veno's dear sister I am sure they will make excellent friends.

And the seeker sounds like a a basic templar model which is good probably have self buffs like the wizard based on elements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    from what has been revealed so far it seems the seeker will be a heavy armor tank which will mix Physical and magic damage

Not sure, but I have a full set of 80 gold HA and 100 HA that I'm gonna roll one just to find out. Since I have 99% of the gear I'll ever need, it would be pointless not to. :D
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not sure, but I have a full set of 80 gold HA and 100 HA that I'm gonna roll one just to find out. Since I have 99% of the gear I'll ever need, it would be pointless not to. :D

b:laugh Wouldn't it just be awful if they use a different kind of heavy armor so what you made wouldn't even count?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dear - Raging Tide
    Dear - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Both look interesting, I mean a melee class with magic? wow... xD I'm a huge fan of magic classes in PWI so I'mma try both but I'll prolly stick with Mystic.
    Lvling this char soon
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:laugh Wouldn't it just be awful if they use a different kind of heavy armor so what you made wouldn't even count?

Go jump off a cliff. lol xP
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • PaleHorse - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options

i had a bm friend today who had a nice set of swords on his toon that he was going to trade to his seeker when it came out. aint he going to be made now that it seems they have there own special type of claymore swords
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ...ability to cast nature-based auras...

possibly some squad buffs. give the class some heals and perhaps we get with the mystic a cleric replacement.
    and with the seeker a tank.

not saying they should totally replace barbs and clerics or have the same strength in fullfilling the tank/heal tasks.
    but so far 8 classes....1 real tanking class (yeah yeah bm's can tank too alot ofcourse, tanked pole with my 82 bm today), 1 healing class.
    that just don't work.

right now there is just too much stuff where a cleric and barb is a must.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    seems interesting :D I'll defenitely try out both classes ;) would be cool if the mystic could summon some spirits or something ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know that I'll try out both classes, but I'll probably end up with mystic if any of them. I have real trouble stomaching melee classes. There's something that's just not right about that mob being able to hit you xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Definitely going to make a mystic b:pleased
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually I'd hope Mystic doesn't rely too much on summons, I wanted to play something new but not a summoner, which PW already have ><

About the seeker using both physical and magic powers, I kinda fear it will fail in pvp.
    From what I experienced in other mmos, usually those kind of hybrid classes rely too much on different several stats and gears and can never excell.

But then, I may be wrong and it will be something different I think of.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually I'd hope Mystic doesn't rely too much on summons, I wanted to play something new but not a summoner, which PW already have ><

About the seeker using both physical and magic powers, I kinda fear it will fail in pvp.
    From what I experienced in other mmos, usually those kind of hybrid classes rely too much on different several stats and gears and can never excell.

But then, I may be wrong and it will be something different I think of.

dont think it realy much on summon as you need 1 spark to tame/charm a mob :x
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    Wolfssohn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,535 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hope the Mystic is more based on debuffs than on buffs or summonin' pet-like things...
    And the Seeker sounds too powerful imo...both magic and phys. attacks oO

Ah well...curious, though...

And I hope barbs will be able to use 2-handers aswell o.o
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I can guarantee the new classes will be OP when compared to the 6 original classes. When making new classes they seem to only give them useful skills while the rest of the classes have to make do with thunderball and emberstorm.

The mindset is to make an exciting class that everyone wants to play!

I am just wondering at this point if the new classes with be able to reach Tideborn level of OPness.

Lets hope that the mystic awareness level increase is a squad buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    As interesting as The Seeker may be, we all now they will just roll fist/claws anyway, so it'll be another BM with a few different buffs b:bye
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    As interesting as The Seeker may be, we all now they will just roll fist/claws anyway, so it'll be another BM with a few different buffs b:bye

QFT lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Seeker, a Paladin, has HA, is melee, and has magical self attack buffs. I forsee him being the new OP class.
    The Mystic seems to be a more "necromantic" version of the Veno with some Cleric/Psy buff abilities. Going to be hated by Venos for a long time. Just as fist/claw BMs and Archers hate sins.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I will play a mystic for sure, melee classes are not my thing. Plus did you see how much clothing she was not wearing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seeker would be nice if they implemented it to have skills which take % physical damage done and convert to magic damage....would make them actually fairly effective at killing other heavy armor people (think of an ultimate which for example deals all magic damage...) Im sensing this class might go with the theme of slow attacking hard hitting...claymores probably having more base damage than any other melee weapon to accomplish this..as well as a long reach. This would also mean they would have less stunning skills, since you dont have to keep a target in place to dps it, you can actually take down the target in 2-4 hits or less easily. I suspect this will be the hardest hitting melee class on a per hit basis, with melee skills which have large damage modifiers...most current melee classes have no huge skill damage modifiers on their skills (arma is all hp, not skill damage), like no base + 400%-500% weapon + 10k physical damage, like a wizard magic ultimate...seekers might actually have stuff like that.

In the grand scheme of things with all melee classes this would all make sense.

Barb - Survivability
    Sin - dps
    Seeker - nukeing < where im thinkin this will end up
    Bm - does all of the above less effectively than the specific classes

Anyway just my thoughts on how this will pan out...
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

In the grand scheme of things with all melee classes this would all make sense.

Barb - Survivability
    Sin - dps
    Seeker - nukeing < where im thinkin this will end up
    Bm - does all of the above less effectively than the specific classes

Anyway just my thoughts on how this will pan out...

Sounds right to me.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll play both classes as well. Since veno/psy/sin are only classes I stuck with, I never really used HA on my chars so seeker would be a new thing for me that way. A HA class I would want to play b:victory

Its not that i have anything against current melee classes, other than magic never missing hehe, but I kinda get bored as hell on my sin sometimes for example. Its just opening skill (rib, tackle, stun etc.) then spark and auto attack as needed. Stealth is kinda fun but I don't pvp so its kinda meh.

I'm hoping seeker has a little more finesse to it than that.

Mystic might just cure any desire to go back to my veno since if the limited skill list so far proves accurate the charm skill has some nice advantages. You will never run out of minions assuming you are fighting charmable mobs, you won't need to feed or heal them i suppose, or drop mils on skill books.

I for one hope i get to charm a bulldoc massacerer even if its just for 5 min. Those things pwn, even now they take way more of a beating than some lv150 mobs do b:shocked

The +awareness buff would be largely useless for me tho except that it nicely comes with large hp regen buff attached.

Hopefully they will have interesting flyers. We already have 2 riders and 2 winged races. Maybe they can ride crystals or colorful leaves or giant feathers or something. I prefer wings tho.

Maybe some kind of machines. Steampunk wings lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if they make the mystic summons the same as a veno pet then they're going to render venos obsolete.

i also hope that these new classes have faces that are actually customizable like the original classes and not the limited and boring range of customization that the tideborn are stuck with.