Your thoughts on the new classes

Options
2»

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Really hope they expand how many characters one account can have on one server... 'cause I'm not making a new account just to play these. :(
    I really like the sound of both though, and would like to try out both. I'm leaning more towards the seeker, since most of my characters are arcane. If the mystic summoning thing is anything like what venos can do with their pets, it might be interesting to play if they have stronger attacks than we do.
    if they make the mystic summons the same as a veno pet then they're going to render venos obsolete.

Unless they can offer the same debuffs that we can, lure, and have "entities" that can tank many bosses... I doubt it'll have any effect on us. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Ammy_chan - Heavens Tear
    Ammy_chan - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They sound pretty cool~! :3 I would love to play the new mystic class. Can't wait x.x
  • Astaeria - Heavens Tear
    Astaeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mystic might just cure any desire to go back to my veno since if the limited skill list so far proves accurate the charm skill has some nice advantages.

Where's this limited skill list at? :o
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=898402&page=32

The 12 meter radius freeze/def lv debuff skill sounds like a lv59 skill as it takes 2 sparks and sounds hella useful. Doesn't mention it doing any dmg tho Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks.

It seems these classes aren't as bad as they originally sounded if that list is correct. A lot of people were upset that they might make old classes obsolete, but the more I hear about them, the less it sounds that way. I hope those are accurate.

I don't know if I'll try one of them out, but I certainly look forward to them. So far it seems like they contribute to the squad in their own special ways instead of taking other classes places. It should be interesting to see the final product.

Although I'm more excited about the new lands and dungeons to explore than the classes themselves to be honest. Lol.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if they make the mystic summons the same as a veno pet then they're going to render venos obsolete.

i also hope that these new classes have faces that are actually customizable like the original classes and not the limited and boring range of customization that the tideborn are stuck with.

I get the feeling that each entity will be a temporary and skill-based.
    The Mystic seems more like a holy "necromancer" than a Veno.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks.

It seems these classes aren't as bad as they originally sounded if that list is correct. A lot of people were upset that they might make old classes obsolete, but the more I hear about them, the less it sounds that way. I hope those are accurate.

Everything is really all conjecture at this point. I'd expect them to be more powerful than the original 6, otherwise nobody would want to roll them. PWI's profit comes from making people want to play, hyper oracle gear up new toons. Expect them to be fairy unbalanced, imo.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Everything is really all conjecture at this point. I'd expect them to be more powerful than the original 6, otherwise nobody would want to roll them. PWI's profit comes from making people want to play, hyper oracle gear up new toons. Expect them to be fairy unbalanced, imo.

Unbalanced.. probably. xD I do expect them to be OP to an extent. You're definitely right on that, and I don't disagree. OP doesn't necessarily mean old classes would be obsolete though. Essentially all I meant was that it might be OP, but at least it's not the same thing as something else AND OP because at least the old classes will still be useful.

As for how they make money.. I came back for the tideborn expansion because I wanted to be an assassin, ended up trying a cleric as I'd only played an archer before that, and I liked being a cleric way more than a sin. Lol! So who knows? They draw in more players by having OP classes? Maybe. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who did something similar to what happened with me and being a cleric. I admit I'm probably a minority in that situation though. b:surrender
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Idk if anyone else feels the same way, but both of the classes seem like the two flavers of venos: Heavy armored venos, and arcane venos since the mystic can summon things/is arcane, while the seeker wears heavy armor, but can still do magic. But both of them sound ok to me, just if they dont kill venos like others have said here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • rugal
    rugal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They.Look.Exactly.Like.Humans!

Would it have killed PW to make them slightly original?
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    rugal wrote: »

They have 3rd eyes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    rugal wrote: »

The TB look like blue Winged Elves. The only difference is a fin ear instead of a wing.

The Earthguard are neon pale from lack of sun exposure, and have a glowing eye on their forehead. >_> there is a difference.
  • Shandriess - Sanctuary
    Shandriess - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mystic = Ftw. That is all pls
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I can guarantee the new classes will be OP when compared to the 6 original classes. When making new classes they seem to only give them useful skills while the rest of the classes have to make do with thunderball and emberstorm.

The mindset is to make an exciting class that everyone wants to play!

I am just wondering at this point if the new classes with be able to reach Tideborn level of OPness.

Lets hope that the mystic awareness level increase is a squad buff.

Demon Emberstorm is t3h ****!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • rugal
    rugal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The TB look like blue Winged Elves. The only difference is a fin ear instead of a wing.

The Earthguard are neon pale from lack of sun exposure, and have a glowing eye on their forehead. >_> there is a difference.

Seeker doesn't look more pale than blademaster from that pic. And that small glowing thing is supposed to be a 3rd eye? b:chuckle

If you showed a pic of the seeker to anyone who didn't read the earthguard lore, anyone would say that it's a human. No one would think that glowing thing looks like an eye either. A real triclops wouldnt be very nice to look at but theyd be original.