99 armor?

Options
burnedlama
burnedlama Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Blademaster
i've been browsing around pwi forums, i'll admit i'm mostly a pw-my player, but something i've been noticing here is ppl mentioning either heavy or light armor bm with fists.
is it common for bm in pwi to use only 1 or the other set?
in pw-my theres a lot of bm using 2 parts heavy and 2 parts light for the -0.05 atk speed on both parts.
i recently did this and i'm more than happy with the results, so is there something i'm missing with the guides here saying only heavy or light?
Post edited by burnedlama on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    rofl, I think your reading waaay to far back into the threads.

Current build for a BM is 3 str, 2 dex. With 99 gear of the 2 piece LA + 2 piece HA for the -int.
    Along with fist for -int, tome for -int, cape for -int.

Truthfully all the BM's in PWI are -int hungry, and are currently starved of it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    2 pieces of 99 LA are for those that are either sage or really desperate for interval. If you can't afford tome, it's what you need to get 5aps. I'd say avoid it unless you can't get tome.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    2 pieces of 99 LA are for those that are either sage or really desperate for interval. If you can't afford tome, it's what you need to get 5aps. I'd say avoid it unless you can't get tome.

or want to hit 4 base aps for pk on HA or want g 15 nirvana for pve

*poofs*
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    id only recommend 2 LA pieces if you have sage/demon bell. it makes you lose a considerable amount of def. when using 2 LA pieces i only hit ~12k def without using pdef accesories.

<-changes from full TT99HA to 2x each depending on situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    or want to hit 4 base aps for pk on HA or want g 15 nirvana for pve

*poofs*

I don't know a single PK BM that would agree with that unless they're sage. LA BMs mostly get laughed at over here.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The reason why people used 2x LA and 2 HA there is because they can't have Nirvana pants.

Also, people there used Sapph shards in armor and said it was 'a good idea to do when you refine your armor +8'. True story.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also, people there used Sapph shards in armor and said it was 'a good idea to do when you refine your armor +8'. True story.

There's nothing wrong with sharding mdef. Personally, I'm sharded HP, but my refines aren't high enough to do otherwise. When I do get my refines up, I'll still shard Jades and Vit Stones. I'll refine my Lunar neck and 4th map belt accordingly.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't know a single PK BM that would agree with that unless they're sage. LA BMs mostly get laughed at over here.

assumeing 4.0 hybrid base as tt 99 HA chest+belt, LA boots+wrists, nirvana leggings , tome ,and -.1 claws

4.0 base can swap to the same m def belt as HA or get a 20% dps bost from a single orn swap and use g 15 claws when sparked along with other perks like higher speed on purge spear and more chi per stun returned

as i understand most of the bm's over there shard vit reduceing the returns on armor refines % wise makeing the LA/HA refine gap on arms neligibal, hell it uses an extra g 12 peice so its easier to 4 socket vit

the only issue with it is the loss of 4 g 13 sockets in chest or boots but that only matters if your stacking def level, makeing the differance what...8-10% max hp at +12 refines and full vit stones on a pure str build? hell thatks to higher weapon grade/speed unsparked the hybrid can just add vit to make up the hp if it dun mind the damage loss (again cheaper)

ring refines and the belt balance lost phys def

its cheaper than full HA for hitting 5 aps and has comperable def and more damage+weapon flexibility at endgame

so the only real drawbacks for hybrid come if your trying for g 13 shards and even then its only 4 def levels lost

ha

ha

ha

funny build eh?
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    split armor would just be the cheapest way to obatain 5aps. Full Heavy is best, but you would need a pangu or love tome which pangu is like 150m and a scroll of tome is like 300m.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
    edited October 2010
    Options
    assumeing 4.0 hybrid base as tt 99 HA chest+belt, LA boots+wrists, nirvana leggings , tome ,and -.1 claws

4.0 base can swap to the same m def belt as HA or get a 20% dps bost from a single orn swap and use g 15 claws when sparked along with other perks like higher speed on purge spear and more chi per stun returned

as i understand most of the bm's over there shard vit reduceing the returns on armor refines % wise makeing the LA/HA refine gap on arms neligibal, hell it uses an extra g 12 peice so its easier to 4 socket vit

the only issue with it is the loss of 4 g 13 sockets in chest or boots but that only matters if your stacking def level, makeing the differance what...8-10% max hp at +12 refines and full vit stones on a pure str build? hell thatks to higher weapon grade/speed unsparked the hybrid can just add vit to make up the hp if it dun mind the damage loss (again cheaper)

ring refines and the belt balance lost phys def

its cheaper than full HA for hitting 5 aps and has comperable def and more damage+weapon flexibility at endgame

so the only real drawbacks for hybrid come if your trying for g 13 shards and even then its only 4 def levels lost

ha

ha

ha

funny build eh?

Yep, funny build. However it is mostly acceptable for G15 with 1 -0.5 add. Wrists + 1 evasion ornament, most likely highly refined cube neck to compensate for the loss of mdef.

And you're assuming only 4 soc Nirvana for def sharding. Most BMs here have either event helm/boots or Nirvana helm and that would add sockets for defense sharing.

And on your PvE server where most of your PK is 1v1, it's mostly group PvP here.... defense sharding is much better in longer fights where both you and your opponents are charmed, and you're taking multiple hits from multiple enemies.

So yeah, your lulz evasion/la build is great for 1v1 dueling, PvE or standing around patting each other's backs by South Banker. In PvP it doesn't work so well. Most LA hybrid BMs don't PK. Only a few do, and they've got gear that would run you $15-25K and if you put that kind of money into a PK build you could go arcane and pwnzers.

LA BM. Ha ha ha.

You sage la?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yep, funny build. However it is mostly acceptable for G15 with 1 -0.5 add. Wrists + 1 evasion ornament, most likely highly refined cube neck to compensate for the loss of mdef.

And you're assuming only 4 soc Nirvana for def sharding. Most BMs here have either event helm/boots or Nirvana helm and that would add sockets for defense sharing.

And on your PvE server where most of your PK is 1v1, it's mostly group PvP here.... defense sharding is much better in longer fights where both you and your opponents are charmed, and you're taking multiple hits from multiple enemies.

So yeah, your lulz evasion/la build is great for 1v1 dueling, PvE or standing around patting each other's backs by South Banker. In PvP it doesn't work so well. Most LA hybrid BMs don't PK. Only a few do, and they've got gear that would run you $15-25K and if you put that kind of money into a PK build you could go arcane and pwnzers.

LA BM. Ha ha ha.

You sage la?

i stated g 13 or higher sockets that could be nirvana or event

pvp on sanc is mostly 6 vs 6 squad on squad ganks because nobody is good enough to kill 1 v 1

the hell did the evade belt come from i stated the setup in the 1st line of my post

early late game (low refines and 4-5 aps sparked) its cheaper than full HA and offers similar stat boosts

mid late game (+8-10 refines and max int) pure HA shines here due to refine rate

endgame (full +12 multiple gear swaps) hybrid build does everything full HA does and more at the cost of 4 def levels or 8-10% max hp

the only differance in the 2 builds armor wise is wrist refines and chest/event boots

as far as survival in pk goes arent you the bm that restated to full str prefering the damage gained over survival?

1 sec while i whip up some calcs

edit: ok i made em for early late game and endgame

early late: ok nothing fancy here just a base build to start you on your way farming immac hp's and +5 refines on all but the claws (1 socket gemed and +7) and no event hat/boots or tome. went with lunar rings but you can swap those around for CoA or AQ as you like assume the belt for HA can be swaped onto the LA. went with a medium vit build for both as at this stage you need all the hp you can get

HA: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=478293149e84f91b
    Hybrid: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9c66c90be82e31f0

HA lags a full aps behing hybrid so damage diff is considerable, HA does have 2k more phys def and 500ish more hp self buffed LA has slightly higher mag def

endgame: ok everything is maxed omg CS build a few notes, i went with def level sharding because thats what i prefer swap to vit stones if you like though any hp gained outside of refines makes HA worse compared to LA, i uped the attack and def levels on the orns to reflect g 16 stats because we're working with maxed gear here, helm is nirvana to go with the pants again personal preferance of 5 attack levels and mag def over hp swap if you like more hp for hat means a lower % gain from HA, feel free to swap the g 15 claws for your g 13 of choice on hybrid, again about the claws i forget what the actuall phys add can be so play with it as you like, assume the LA can use the HA's belt as a swap

HA: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5e186bf410e67104
    Hybrid: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c8dd97ac033b8db9

HA has a bit over 1k more hp out of what...15-16k? so 8% or so similar phys def lower mag def in LA uses the mag belt 4 more def levels but LA gets how much more damage out of this?

so for cheaply farming gear hybrid trumps HA and once you have farmed endgame gear LA has comperable def and far more attack

keep in mind that HA needs the tome just to hit 5 aps this puts a full HA build 250 mill behind hybrid in any calc drawn at mid game, LA orns are the single worst thing that can be done to a bm ever and when you see a "pro" in them remember to turn and laugh loudly, i refuse to even consider them in any serious thread

any boost to mag def hp or str boost hybrid more than pure the calcs above favor HA due to reasons i've stated to death now

disprove my points rather than simply ranting off on the greatness of LC or how things do not matter because they take time to get

you say your logic is sound so lets practice basic logic

premise 1 there is a neligible differance in the def of hybrid and pure at endgame but hybrid has far higher DD
    premise 2 LC bm's laugh at hybrid builds as unworkable

thus we can say with certainty that LC bm's have not worked the numbers on armor types and are talking out of their collective ****
    edited October 2010
    Options
    stuff

Yes, the difference between full HA and LA/HA hybrid can be compensated for.

As for dealing more damage, only if you can get 4 aps unsparked... but then that throws your whole idea out the window because you've already got tome.

What wins when 2 BMs 1v1 PK? Attack damage? Attack speed? No and no.

When I've watched PK on your server, my sin is what 63 now and I'm 10 silver orders short from my 60 bracers, I see BM's trying to tank each other's triple sparks, so yeah I can understand where you're coming from.

The BM vs BM or BM vs Barb... the winner is the one who knows how to stunlock the best. Also being able to take the hits while you're stunned is what matters... which is why HA build wins... higher pdef and higher hp with identical shards and refines.

Yes, I did restat and notice a difference between pure str and vit build. I'm not compromising pdef or hp loss from gears to get it though.

When you start throwing massive amounts of money or resources at both builds is when the difference becomes negligible.

You're still losing 1.2k pdef with demon marrow and only gaining a little over 100 mdef. That's a huge hit to your survivability. Just go heavy and since you've already got interval, use that to farm a tome. It's not hard farming money when you're at 2.86 unsparked, which is what I was at when I farmed my tome. Learn to PvE.

Full +12 set? lol Private server builds not even worth commenting on except to repeat what I've already said and say, yes LA Hybrid is necessary if you're going G15, which is end-game. Only with the DPS of G15 is the sacrifice in defense worth it.

b:bye
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes, the difference between full HA and LA/HA hybrid can be compensated for.

As for dealing more damage, only if you can get 4 aps unsparked... but then that throws your whole idea out the window because you've already got tome.

What wins when 2 BMs 1v1 PK? Attack damage? Attack speed? No and no.

When I've watched PK on your server, my sin is what 63 now and I'm 10 silver orders short from my 60 bracers, I see BM's trying to tank each other's triple sparks, so yeah I can understand where you're coming from.

The BM vs BM or BM vs Barb... the winner is the one who knows how to stunlock the best. Also being able to take the hits while you're stunned is what matters... which is why HA build wins... higher pdef and higher hp with identical shards and refines.

Yes, I did restat and notice a difference between pure str and vit build. I'm not compromising pdef or hp loss from gears to get it though.

When you start throwing massive amounts of money or resources at both builds is when the difference becomes negligible.

You're still losing 1.2k pdef with demon marrow and only gaining a little over 100 mdef. That's a huge hit to your survivability. Just go heavy and since you've already got interval, use that to farm a tome. It's not hard farming money when you're at 2.86 unsparked, which is what I was at when I farmed my tome. Learn to PvE.

Full +12 set? lol Private server builds not even worth commenting on except to repeat what I've already said and say, yes LA Hybrid is necessary if you're going G15, which is end-game. Only with the DPS of G15 is the sacrifice in defense worth it.

b:bye

i highlighted the 2 parts of that wall of text that arent bull thats already been adressed

i already stated most of your "points" in my own thread and they dont really matter as hybrid starts out 250 mill ahead of HA and any raise to the $ of the builds benifits it more correct?

yes im aware that the bm's on my server are idiots when it comes to pvp

bm's cant spark verry often in pk even on HA...wait so being able to hit 5 aps for no spark cost (saved for stuns) and actually kill another HA through a charm w/o haveing to purge or waste ice (just save the chi for countering stunlocks if they break mine) is a bad thing now? its like a different build follows a slightly altered playstyle *gasp*. your not going to marrow on another bm...thats what a spare phys neckie is for ^_^ or belt+ mag marrow+demon bell spam till you can kill the squishies if its a gank

as for the pve part....been solo or duo farming w/o a big faction to farm my gear for me or any real kind of static group still made over 100 mill off the time they made 3-1 trickier with my sad little 2.86 aps

i showed you months ago how its possible to get this kind of gear by farming and mild merchanting when you tried to tell people g 15 claws where a waste

think the final total was 7.2 billion coin is acheivable in just over 2 years of 5 aps play at 2-3 hours of play a day not digging up the exact thread

i already stated that HA has a edge at mid late game with = gear but LA will be a frefine grade ahead of it till +11 or so where the cost is just...ew

my point: LA can be compensated for HA cannot and LA starts out with a 250 mill base investment + can farm better HA is a restricticng and pricy build with slightly more def

now back to your restat

(hybrid) less than 8% total def for a straight 20% boost unsparked vs (HA) a 20% def loss for a 10-12% unsparked DD boost you've put action over words and short of high refines unlike hybrid you cant comp your weaknesses thus HA's drawback as a "rigid" build
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

The f*** O_o. Why are you rerolling a Sin on Sanc? And yes, it's the same on DW. BM tanks eachother's demon spark.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    your not going to marrow on another bm...thats what a spare phys neckie is for ^_^ or belt+ mag marrow+demon bell spam till you can kill the squishies if its a gank

There, you're thinking 1v1 duels again. In PvP you're not gonna switch out your ornaments nor are you gonna pmarrow in a fight unless you're the only two green dots on a map. Anything but mmarrow is an invitation to another class saying "hey I see a weakness... time to nuke". Again, a situation you won't see patting each other's backs and saying GF in south district :P
    as for the pve part....been solo or duo farming w/o a big faction to farm my gear for me or any real kind of static group still made over 100 mill off the time they made 3-1 trickier with my sad little 2.86 aps

Insecure much? What's sad about 2.86. You get what you can get. I started off with only claws and interval cape and farmed the rest. Wasn't so difficult.

i showed you months ago how its possible to get this kind of gear by farming and mild merchanting when you tried to tell people g 15 claws where a waste

Link please. I never said G15 was a waste. A month and a half after Nirvana opened, I saw what Zerhee farmed and what he could do with it. Even if I said that, I've been wrong and have admitted it in the past. I'm not wrong now. LA hybrid is not a good choice unless you're sage, can't afford to farm tome or are desperate for interval. That is the truth. BTW, going G15 with one -0.5 int and going LA hybrid IS being desperate for interval.
    my point: LA can be compensated for HA cannot and LA starts out with a 250 mill base investment + can farm better HA is a restricticng and pricy build with slightly more def

HA doesn't need to be compensated for. Duh.

(hybrid) less than 8% total def for a straight 20% boost unsparked vs (HA) a 20% def loss for a 10-12% unsparked DD boost you've put action over words and short of high refines unlike hybrid you cant comp your weaknesses thus HA's drawback as a "rigid" build

Less than 8% defense lost? Lets look at both of your builds, not including your pserver fantasy build...

8627 hp 13158 pdef 3775 mdef
    8156 hp 11016 pdef 3803 mdef

Almost 500 hp and 2.1k pdef less and a gain of 28 mdef.

So what part of 13.1k pdef vs 11k pdef is less than 8%?

And just for the funzies, with your fantasy builds, you're using G13 claws when you should be using TT100, and still you'd have 2k hp, 2k pdef and 1.3k more mdef. I would take the HA fantasy build for PvP and the LA hybrid for PvE without really even thinking about it.

And about my restat, I didn't compromise any gear stat pdef or mdef to get more attack so the loss of just hp wasn't as significant as if I switched to hybrid.

The f*** O_o. Why are you rerolling a Sin on Sanc? And yes, it's the same on DW. BM tanks eachother's demon spark.

Because Sin = great for farming and PvP and the PvP was so horrible on Sanct that I decided to roll there for fun.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

To see me and PK with me. I'm that pro. b:cool

Anyway, if you don't tank the triple spark, you either get called a noob/runner/whatever or get ganked by the other team.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Anyway, if you don't tank the triple spark, you either get called a noob/runner/whatever or get ganked by the other team.

Yeah, I was really shocked... bm's tanking each other's triple sparks dueling outside of west gate... I didn't see one BM pro stunlock another... pvp habits of pve server people are really bad. I'm sure there are a few really pro players, but comparing what I've spent hours watching on Sanct or HT to what the PvP is like on LC isn't really a comparison at all.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I was really shocked... bm's tanking each other's triple sparks dueling outside of west gate... I didn't see one BM pro stunlock another... pvp habits of pve server people are really bad. I'm sure there are a few really pro players, but comparing what I've spent hours watching on Sanct or HT to what the PvP is like on LC isn't really a comparison at all.

You'd need to be a ranged class or sin to be able to run from triple sparking without getting some QQ from the other dude. 100+ PK is different but... even then they tend to tank it. PK on Sanct is mostly ganking lowbies, sins oneshotting arcanesranged classes hugging the SZ or 100+ people having tea partys.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You'd need to be a ranged class or sin to be able to run from triple sparking without getting some QQ from the other dude. 100+ PK is different but... even then they tend to tank it. PK on Sanct is mostly ganking lowbies, sins oneshotting arcanesranged classes hugging the SZ or 100+ people having tea partys.

What I saw mostly resembled tea parties. Few white names and a red and a pink or two hanging outside of safe zone... only people who really died were lowbie white names coming out of safe zone. Most of the high levels, even those in opposing factions, just standing around dueling each other, if even noticing one another.

HT was worse. Evasion barbs, full LA bm with elemental shards, using odd genie skills that do nothing... I mean, sure people were getting kill counts, but I was kinda sitting there with my jaw to my desk going WTF every 5 minutes. lol,
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What I saw mostly resembled tea parties. Few white names and a red and a pink or two hanging outside of safe zone... only people who really died were lowbie white names coming out of safe zone. Most of the high levels, even those in opposing factions, just standing around dueling each other, if even noticing one another.

HT was worse. Evasion barbs, full LA bm with elemental shards, using odd genie skills that do nothing... I mean, sure people were getting kill counts, but I was kinda sitting there with my jaw to my desk going WTF every 5 minutes. lol,

sanc pk is terribad yes eventual plan is to get this bm pumped enough that i can just crash the little pk circle jerks if you actually get your sin up lemme know i lack a farming partner these days and for all the BS you seem decent at what you do

went with g 13 nirvana because i prefer the proc to straight damage

2.86 is bad on sanc with all our CSers running around with 5 aps or +10-12 nirvanas and 8juns and lunars makes it so i cant really pk w/o either murdering lowbies or getting 1 shot by some CS wiz with more hp and phys def than i have...so yes here 2.86 sucks as for pvp here. pve...soloing with anything under 4.0 is a pain used to duo with freinds but most quit most people are as bad at pve as pvp thus i refuse to go on squad tt to be ripped off unless i know/am the bank

oh and i've never seen a sanc faction farm a bm's gear...ever

i said marrow was a bad plan do you even read past the 1st line of the post? (stop assumeing i fight like the dumb bm's please im poor not mentally challenged)

you do not swap your orns as a HA build again your assumeing the hybrid would fight the same way as you

ha lacks int for endgame weapons that can be comped for short of a massive def gimp from LA orns

8000hp loseing 400 is a roughly 5% differance then the 1%-2% of actuall phys def loss at low levels so actually its less than a 8% differance

ya...you did give up more hp than you would going hybrid but its not a "what michael should do" thread its discussing the use of LA endgame and earlier

the hybrid "fantesy" build is my personal endgame on this bm (endgame as in the end of the damn game because theres nothign more to do) figure i could pk on it for fun and farm a insant channel wizzie for pk/TW...why? because i'm a total gear head and playing with gear and ****.ing off an oponent by haveing the ability to adapt on the fly are what i play this game for (im one of the bm's that was working with fists before there was 5.0 damit :3)

and again

cheaper early game

more DD and similar def endgame

^ this is my basic arguement the rest is all personal BS disprove it or accept that it does work with numbers instead of the awsome of LC or your head in the sand logic on endgame gear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    oh and i've never seen a sanc faction farm a bm's gear...ever

I've never seen a faction farm another person's gear. That responsibility to finding friends to party with to farm similar instances is yours.
    i said marrow was a bad plan do you even read past the 1st line of the post? (stop assumeing i fight like the dumb bm's please im poor not mentally challenged)

Judging by your horrible spelling, yes I would imagine you're both. xP

8000hp loseing 400 is a roughly 5% differance then the 1%-2% of actuall phys def loss at low levels so actually its less than a 8% differance

Yes, completely ignore losing 2k pdef or 1.3k mdef.

ya...you did give up more hp than you would going hybrid but its not a "what michael should do" thread its discussing the use of LA endgame and earlier

It's not about what I would do. Apparently it's a "I'm butthurt about the general consensus so I'm gonna ramble so I make myself feel better" post.

the hybrid "fantesy" build is my personal endgame on this bm

Yeah, you don't expect to be able to afford/farm interval tome, but you'll wind up with a full +12 set in a reasonable amount of time. Are you related to LifeHunting? lmao
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've never seen a faction farm another person's gear. That responsibility to finding friends to party with to farm similar instances is yours.

Judging by your horrible spelling, yes I would imagine you're both. xP

Yes, completely ignore losing 2k pdef or 1.3k mdef.

It's not about what I would do. Apparently it's a "I'm butthurt about the general consensus so I'm gonna ramble so I make myself feel better" post.

Yeah, you don't expect to be able to afford/farm interval tome, but you'll wind up with a full +12 set in a reasonable amount of time. Are you related to LifeHunting? lmao

dont see a need to farm tome till my refines are high enough to go full STR

i accept that getting full +12 will take almost 2 years of play unless i get a 2nd comp to merch on but hey its a game if i can get almost 4 years of gameplay out of a F2P mmo on just 1 toon im more than happy...i enjoy farming and playing with gears so its not work for me

the hybrid starts out a 4% less than HA but eventually breaks even

my spelling is bad because im dyslexic

math please... hell i'll take calcs just remember to put hybrid 250 mill ahead of HA any time you use tome

the general consensus in the middle ages what that the earth was flat and at the center of the universe i have absolutely no respect for it (or that fists blew 2 years back in this game again...dead...wrong 4.0 aps has always been in game 5.0 for archers)
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my spelling is bad because im dyslexic

My apologies for the insults.

math please... hell i'll take calcs just remember to put hybrid 250 mill ahead of HA any time you use tome

the general consensus in the middle ages what that the earth was flat and at the center of the universe i have absolutely no respect for it (or that fists blew 2 years back in this game again...dead...wrong 4.0 aps has always been in game 5.0 for archers)

Math? You still disregard the fact that your hybrid build has 2.1kpdef and 1.3k mdef less than the comparable HA build. That's far more than 10% difference, it's actually close to 20%. I wish I could eye of observation both builds for you.

The HA build will far excel in PK. The LA build will excell in PvE. If it were just a difference of 400k, I'd be inclined to say the difference is negligible. I will agree if you throw enough money at it that it doesn't really matter.

HA Cleric is even a very brutal build if you can afford it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My apologies for the insults.

Math? You still disregard the fact that your hybrid build has 2.1kpdef and 1.3k mdef less than the comparable HA build. That's far more than 10% difference, it's actually close to 20%. I wish I could eye of observation both builds for you.

The HA build will far excel in PK. The LA build will excell in PvE. If it were just a difference of 400k, I'd be inclined to say the difference is negligible. I will agree if you throw enough money at it that it doesn't really matter.

HA Cleric is even a very brutal build if you can afford it.

hybrid has more m def with a swap belt (free 4th map works well)

the actual def % lost is what im working off of for phys

i realize that at early late game hybrid does have lower def and have stated this several times however hybrid is more bang for your buck as you get 250 mill worth of refines while HA farms its tome (hybrid does not need tome till it goes for a restat or picks up g 15 claws)

if you dont count tome and scale both for def yes HA does stay ahead till you get near endgame however its stuck at 4 aps

you're far to focused on the fact that hybrid starts out slightly behind, hybrid scales to endgame faster and gets more per coin invested untill it eventually breaks even with HA at high refines

HA starts with def and spends for DD
    hybrid starts with DD and spends for def

consider how hard it is to kill anyone with max gear 1 v 1 (full+10-12) much less in group pk where they get assists from squad

HA uses offensive geni skills to kill relying on the slightly higher def to stay alive
    hybrid can save energy for def skills while dealing the same DD as a frenzied HA

again your a good example +5 refines and a +11 weapon on a HA build full str
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hybrid has more m def with a swap belt (free 4th map works well)

the actual def % lost is what im working off of for phys

i realize that at early late game hybrid does have lower def and have stated this several times however hybrid is more bang for your buck as you get 250 mill worth of refines while HA farms its tome (hybrid does not need tome till it goes for a restat or picks up g 15 claws)

if you dont count tome and scale both for def yes HA does stay ahead till you get near endgame however its stuck at 4 aps

you're far to focused on the fact that hybrid starts out slightly behind, hybrid scales to endgame faster and gets more per coin invested untill it eventually breaks even with HA at high refines

HA starts with def and spends for DD
    hybrid starts with DD and spends for def

consider how hard it is to kill anyone with max gear 1 v 1 (full+10-12) much less in group pk where they get assists from squad

HA uses offensive geni skills to kill relying on the slightly higher def to stay alive
    hybrid can save energy for def skills while dealing the same DD as a frenzied HA

again your a good example +5 refines and a +11 weapon on a HA build full str

In the end, you'll still need tome anyway. I'm not losing any significant pdef/mdef/hp by staying heavy until I need to. Farming Ashura belt and boots when required is going to be a lot easier than farming tome when necessary. You're just pushing the burden of farming till the very end as well. So you'll need G15 and tome at about the same time, and when you add the cost of what you'll need to spend on refines, I still think my plan is better. Your expenses are more spread out and it's easier to focus... but that's just me.

I still think going full heavy and then changing out two of the least expensive pieces when you're finally at the point of needing them isn't a big deal and is still the better way to go.

Also, what you're considering "early late game" is basically just realistic end-game. Full +12 set, or even full +10 set isn't necessary for anything, just bragging rights really. I would refine further, I just don't see much point in it at the moment.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with going LA wrists/boots. Sure it's less helpful now that there is so many interval pieces available but before packs/nirvana LA hybrid was the path to go. (Not like anyone knew interval was OP back then.)

I'm a 1v1 pvper. I'd rather spend 200mil on my other chars than for -0.05 so LA is great for that. I don't have baller refines so the difference isn't as noticeable at +10 refines. At +10 refines I'll have more than enough HP to stay alive and notice if I'm about to be focus fired. Without an amazing weapon the difference between 5.0 after a cancel cast and 4.0 is massive.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In the end, you'll still need tome anyway. I'm not losing any significant pdef/mdef/hp by staying heavy until I need to. Farming Ashura belt and boots when required is going to be a lot easier than farming tome when necessary. You're just pushing the burden of farming till the very end as well. So you'll need G15 and tome at about the same time, and when you add the cost of what you'll need to spend on refines, I still think my plan is better. Your expenses are more spread out and it's easier to focus... but that's just me.

I still think going full heavy and then changing out two of the least expensive pieces when you're finally at the point of needing them isn't a big deal and is still the better way to go.

Also, what you're considering "early late game" is basically just realistic end-game. Full +12 set, or even full +10 set isn't necessary for anything, just bragging rights really. I would refine further, I just don't see much point in it at the moment.

LA boot wrist has better stats than th abomination your going for

and at those weapon grade/refines whats another 6 mill spent on the wrists?

no LA orns are never a good idea

ever

those are the badges of shame **** poor bm's pin on themselves

(wb devoted you have been missed >.<)
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LA boot wrist has better stats than th abomination your going for

and at those weapon grade/refines whats another 6 mill spent on the wrists?

no LA orns are never a good idea

ever

I have event boots and nirvana pants. Why make 3 pieces when I only need to make 2. With your full +12 set it's not going to make a whole lot of difference anyway.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have event boots and nirvana pants. Why make 3 pieces when I only need to make 2. With your full +12 set it's not going to make a whole lot of difference anyway.

you spent almost 4 pages freaking about less than 2k phys def

and now loseing almost 2x that is ok?
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you spent almost 4 pages freaking about less than 2k phys def

2.1k pdef and 1.3k mdef.

and now loseing almost 2x that is ok?

And I was being facetious.

/facepalm