Adroit's first PvP video

Options

Comments

• Marzenia - Lost City
    Marzenia - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    calvin do u dare to try tisha fist to +11 5th time?
    + ye vid good but next time show how me kill u all few times b:cry
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good vid. You really need to get a wide screen monitor, or record in a wide screen format, it really makes the videos better, imo.

I'm surprised you beat Calvin, however I'm surprised elitedeath killed you, though fairly it wasn't 1v1. I guess elitedeath is a step above whiteshade, I wouldn't put them anywhere near Calvin or Marzenia in terms of skill though. lol

The only suggestions I would make would be to speed up the vid maybe 25-50%ish so you can put a little more footage.

The only thing that was really lacking was variety. It would also be cool to see you add in all the deaths you actually had, just a brief 1 second add of you dying each time, stack them up so in a 3-4 second span you'd see like 5 of them and use that to separate between the really good and long fights. It'll show a little humility and add a little personality to your vids. Might also be nice to include a brief description each time a 'prime' opponent fights you... a 1/4 second pause with enemy:name lvl +10 Lunar / +5 gears or whatever right as the battle starts. Those are the kind of things I'd do if I could be bothered to record and edit.

I won't mention editing gimmicks, obviously you'll get new software and learn as you're using them.

Overall, very promising. Can't wait to see more. :)
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good vid. You really need to get a wide screen monitor, or record in a wide screen format, it really makes the videos better, imo.

I'm surprised you beat Calvin, however I'm surprised elitedeath killed you, though fairly it wasn't 1v1. I guess elitedeath is a step above whiteshade, I wouldn't put them anywhere near Calvin or Marzenia in terms of skill though. lol

The only suggestions I would make would be to speed up the vid maybe 25-50%ish so you can put a little more footage.

The only thing that was really lacking was variety. It would also be cool to see you add in all the deaths you actually had, just a brief 1 second add of you dying each time, stack them up so in a 3-4 second span you'd see like 5 of them and use that to separate between the really good and long fights. It'll show a little humility and add a little personality to your vids. Might also be nice to include a brief description each time a 'prime' opponent fights you... a 1/4 second pause with enemy:name lvl +10 Lunar / +5 gears or whatever right as the battle starts. Those are the kind of things I'd do if I could be bothered to record and edit.

I won't mention editing gimmicks, obviously you'll get new software and learn as you're using them.

I actually play windowed mode (so I can watch my SL timer), but my normal resolution is 1920x1200. The other problem is these vids use a LOT of space on my HD. I've set the recording settings down a little, so it records at 15 fps and only 1280x1024.. for every 10 minute section of film, it takes up ~2-3GB of space. So you can imagine after a few hours of recording I can easily use up 30+ GB of space on my HD. Anyway, you are talking almost double the space, and quite honestly.. I just don't have a big enough HD to save a few days of pk at 1920x1200.

From what I hear, El33tDeath is not the original owner, but he is a pretty good BM imo. The film is already at 2x speed for most of it, and the reason it is short is because Movie Maker sux and wouldn't save after a certain point for w/e reason. I will add a few more deaths in future videos, intended to for my first one.. but as I've said several times it was never really finished. I like your idea about giving some player info b4 a major player, will try to squeeze that in there on my next vid. Thx for the detailed feedback b:victory
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I got to admit that el33t is a good BM. He glitch demon spear ulti+cyclone+fire dmg buff so fast and success rate so high. His gears are decent too. GOOOOOOOO EL333333ttttttttt

Marz sux marz sux marz sux marz sux b:angry
  • maniaaaa
    maniaaaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Rawr, me go keels calvin then >;o get yo *** to west newb nows >: and *chants marz sucks marz sucks marz sucks* XD and nice vid adroit ;o and I don't claim to be any good, but noones unkillable ;3 and calvz a complete newb >>;; nah really good bm :P keep it up. (Is El33tDeath, ho0w the hell do you post with your actual in game name x.x) also wtf.... I am the orginal owner ..................................................................................... you know me from destined -_- guessing it was that fail hiro thats spreading that rumour?
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I was waiting for you to post! Would love some constructive feedback as I've never made a video before this, and your videos are hands down the best pwi videos out there. Would love any little tips you might have to offer :P I know you use Fraps for screen capture, but what program did you use to edit your movies? (Definitely need to find something better than Windows Live Movie Maker)

Aww thanks! Temple had some good points, and most of the learning comes from trial, error, and feedback. Keep tabs on critiques and just remember that with most flames, there's a seed of truth (if they go on to explain why something sucks). You're in the public eye so be ready to withstand the trolls.

First and foremost, choose your music. I usually picked out songs with a nice buildup and stronger beat, but it was really music I enjoyed so it was easy. There's been times when I've held back from putting up vids because I couldn't find the right music for my tastes, so that should be given priority first. You can always edit the vids later on to fit the music, but not the other way around.

Match the hits, crits, and transitions to the music, as it makes the video fit more solidly with the music. This is where your editing decision-making comes into play, but takes a bit of practice.

I usually kept my vids at 200% speed and normal speed for the slow motion fade outs, just because the game at regular speed is so slow. But remember in TWs (does anyone still do those?) it really degrades the quality because there are way too many moving parts in it.

Encode/render in WMV. I didn't realize until my very last video that it's better than the divx (mp4/AAC) codec, lol. I used Sony Vegas 8 to edit, which I learned by watching YT tutorials here and there. I basically just needed text, transitions, and bitrate coding to get me started. I didn't get too fancy with graphics or anything as I preferred focusing on content rather than effects.

If you have a scene longer than 3 minutes, skip through the uneventful parts (e.g. enemy kiting) and only include tactics or skirmishes as much as possible. This exposes your patterns to everyone, but as long as you can constantly change your style, it won't matter. Think of it like poker where you don't want to always be aggressive because people will eventually counter it.

I played/recorded in 1280x720 windowed mode, but I have a 1920x1200 monitor. You can try recording in 1920x1080 so you fill up the entire YT screen or 1280x720 if it starts hogging so much space. If you need more HD space, storage these days is 2TB for under $100 on newegg!

Your objective with videos is to entertain the audience, so you have to assume everyone has a short attention span. The longer a clip goes, the more likely the audience will become bored. That's one of the reasons why I sped it up; I was able to include more content within a given scene and with constantly progressing scenarios, people are enticed to watch and re-watch.

Include your deaths! We're all humans/hamsters, and it shows you acknowledge and respect other players' abilities (or luck).

Adding player names, stats, and text takes a lot of time, but when I did add those I did those last. Fade all text smoothly so it doesn't look like you made it in windows movie maker ;)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conqbankll - Lost City
    Conqbankll - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Include your deaths! We're all humans/hamsters, and it shows you acknowledge and respect other players' abilities (luck).

Exactly b:sinb:sinb:sin
    I missed your pvp video, Transcend.
    btw this is Calvin cuz my BM account banned for say "S>HH99 Boot gold 15m"
    ridiculous eh
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I actually play windowed mode (so I can watch my SL timer), but my normal resolution is 1920x1200. The other problem is these vids use a LOT of space on my HD. I've set the recording settings down a little, so it records at 15 fps and only 1280x1024.. for every 10 minute section of film, it takes up ~2-3GB of space. So you can imagine after a few hours of recording I can easily use up 30+ GB of space on my HD. Anyway, you are talking almost double the space, and quite honestly.. I just don't have a big enough HD to save a few days of pk at 1920x1200.

Just pick a lower wide screen resolution for your windowed mode... it doesn't even need to fit the aspect ration of youtube, but having the black bars on the sides as opposed to the top and bottom will enhance the viewability of your recordings much more enjoyable.

From what I hear, El33tDeath is not the original owner, but he is a pretty good BM imo. The film is already at 2x speed for most of it, and the reason it is short is because Movie Maker sux and wouldn't save after a certain point for w/e reason. I will add a few more deaths in future videos, intended to for my first one.. but as I've said several times it was never really finished. I like your idea about giving some player info b4 a major player, will try to squeeze that in there on my next vid. Thx for the detailed feedback b:victory[/QUOTE]

Ok, it seems like you were just being inconsistent with 2x and 1x recording speeds, cause I can clearly see a lot of scenes where it appears that you're at 1x. Limitations of your editing software I guess. Anyway, first vid, was really good. My only real complaint was

And you don't really need to do anything fancy, but try to find a few unique things to do to set apart your videos and make them your own. I don't mean to focus on effects or anything fancy, but it really doesn't take much to add your own style... I was just expressing what I would do if I were to record. Of course, trying to do too much is worse than not doing enough...

You also have an option to watch in 1080, that's really not even necessary... 720 max is fine... perhaps that may or may not affect your recording file size, just saying....
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • maniaaaa
    maniaaaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    -_- who the hell is spreading the rumour that i'm not the original owner of El33... I've been playing this game since almost the beggining of the servers -____- and only me... I just quit alot for months at a time.. sigh.. whatever don't need to prove myself to anyone.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Aww thanks! Temple had some good points, and most of the learning comes from trial, error, and feedback. Keep tabs on critiques and just remember that with most flames, there's a seed a truth (if they explain why something sucks). You're in the public eye so be ready to withstand the trolls.

First and foremost, choose your music. I usually picked out songs with a nice buildup and stronger beat, but it was really music I enjoyed, so it was easy. There's been times when I've held back from putting up vids because I couldn't find the right music or tastes, so that should be given priority first. You can always edit the vids later on to fit the music, but not the other way around.

Match the events of the scenes/video with the music, match hits, crits, and transitions to the music, as it makes the video seem to be made especially for the music. This is where your editing comes into play, but takes a bit of practice.

I usually kept my vids at 200% speed and normal speed for the slow motion fade outs, just because the game at regular speed is so slow. But remember in TWs (does anyone still do those?) it really degrades the quality because there are way too many moving parts in it.

Encode in WMV. I didn't realize until my very last video that it's better than the divx codec, lol.

I used Sony Vegas 8 to edit, which I learned by watching YT tutorials here and there. I basically just needed text, transitions, and bitrate coding to get me started, I didn't get into the fancy graphics or anything (I preferred focusing on content rather than special effects).

If you have a scene longer than 3 minutes, skip through the boring parts (enemy kiting away) and only include tactics as much as possible. This does expose your patterns to everyone, but as long as you can constantly change your style, it won't matter. Think of it like poker, you want to always be aggressive because people will eventually counter it.

I played/recorded in 1280x720 windowed mode, but I have a 1920x1200 monitor. Try recording in 1920x1080 so you fill up the entire YT screen or 1280x720 if it starts hogging so much space. If you need more HD space, storage these days is 2TB for under $100 on newegg!

Your objective with videos is to entertain the audience, so you have to assume everyone has a short attention span. The longer a clip goes, the more likely the audience will become bored of the same scene. That's one of the reasons why I sped it up; I was able to include more content within a given scene, and with constantly changing scenes, people wanted to keep watching (and re-watching).

Include your deaths! We're all humans/hamsters, and it shows you acknowledge and respect other players' abilities (luck).

Adding player names, stats, and text takes a lot of time, but when I did add those I did those last. Fade all text smoothly so it doesn't look like you made it in windows movie maker ;)

Thx for all the advice! Definitely a number of things I will try for my next vid xD

Gotten a number of comments about not including all my deaths, which I had intended to add some as I was deciding which to add.. part of the problem is that I get frustrated and run out to suicide hoping to get lucky after a while (i.e. drop into a group of 5-10 people immune pot and open zhen.. usually doesn't get me very far). I've actually lost some footage in long fights because windows encoder only allows me to record for 10 mins at a time (unless I buy the full version) and I can't really start it again in the middle of a tough fight.. it lags my comp for 5-10 secs when I start it, and then it smooths out. But I'll definitely add in some deaths in my next vid to be fair :P
  • Lnsomnia - Lost City
    Lnsomnia - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Adroit, one of the best mages indeed. Reminds me of Miss_Tika and her awesome kiting . Really good vid broski <3 ... Next time, you and my mage 1v1.Or, if you wanna 1v1 my sin D:<

Keep going brah. b:victory
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Adroit, one of the best mages indeed. Reminds me of Miss_Tika and her awesome kiting . Really good vid broski <3 ... Next time, you and my mage 1v1.Or, if you wanna 1v1 my sin D:<

Keep going brah. b:victory

If you take off your weapon I'm game b:cute
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Exactly b:sinb:sinb:sin
    I missed your pvp video, Transcend.
    btw this is Calvin cuz my BM account banned for say "S>HH99 Boot gold 15m"
    ridiculous eh

now i know why calvin is rich =\
    i remember myself sending stuffs to conqbankll b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yashino wrote: »
    now i know why calvin is rich =\
    i remember myself sending stuffs to conqbankll b:angry

b:sin me richz cuz me farm like emoz scarifice my school markz for my richnessb:victory
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    MAKE MOAR VIDEOS NAO! b:angry

PvE pk is so boooring T_T
    and ever since Transcend and Haiz stopped making videos ive just been watching reruns over and over and over and over b:surrender
    *Subscribes*
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    MAKE MOAR VIDEOS NAO! b:angry

PvE pk is so boooring T_T
    and ever since Transcend and Haiz stopped making videos ive just been watching reruns over and over and over and over b:surrender
    *Subscribes*

reroll here b:angryfast fast reroll
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yep, 100 doesn't take long to get to. Might as well reroll.
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yep, 100 doesn't take long to get to. Might as well reroll.

Ive had a char on LC for almost as long as ive been playing pw.
    Its level 14 -.-
    It took me like since dreamweaver came out to get to my level b:surrender
    If somehow i could send one of em wizzi or archer over id do it in a heart beat though =(
    stupid DW having a name i like more than LC and 30x more than Heavy Lungs b:angry
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    YOU SUX LA.

Nice vid tho. =]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well I'm kinda stuck. Got plenty of footage for my next vid, but just cannot seem to find a free video editor. Windows Live Movie Maker actually had enough features to where I could use it, the reason I don't wanna use it for another video is just because after I got to a certain number of clips (or length.. not really sure) it wouldn't let me save. Don't want to be cut short again.

Been trying to figure out VideoPad.. but for some reason the quality goes to **** when I save it.. spent hours trying to figure it out with no luck. Seems like all the other software I'm coming across is just ridiculously complicated or isn't free. I'll keep looking around, but figured I'd ask here to see if anybody had any suggestions.
  • BoatFoot - Lost City
    BoatFoot - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well I'm kinda stuck. Got plenty of footage for my next vid, but just cannot seem to find a free video editor. Windows Live Movie Maker actually had enough features to where I could use it, the reason I don't wanna use it for another video is just because after I got to a certain number of clips (or length.. not really sure) it wouldn't let me save. Don't want to be cut short again.

Been trying to figure out VideoPad.. but for some reason the quality goes to **** when I save it.. spent hours trying to figure it out with no luck. Seems like all the other software I'm coming across is just ridiculously complicated or isn't free. I'll keep looking around, but figured I'd ask here to see if anybody had any suggestions.

L2 steal.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    L2 steal.

lol the first thing I thought of when I read his post was... how come pirate bay isn't the first thing that pops into your head? b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm not big on stealing b:surrender
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm not big on stealing b:surrender

If you want to pirate without that concern then do the following:
    1. Drink lots of rum
    2. Parrots, get one that'll sit on your shoulder.
    3. Drink more rum
    4. Get scurvy
    5. www.thepiratebay.org
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you want to pirate without that concern then do the following:
    1. Drink lots of rum
    2. Parrots, get one that'll sit on your shoulder.
    3. Drink more rum
    4. Get scurvy
    5. www.thepiratebay.org

Protip: 2pirate.tk b:quiet
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Protip: Vegas Movie Studio

Not stealing if you are giving back to the community.b:shy
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

torrent adobe after effects and sony vegas
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Protip: Vegas Movie Studio

Not stealing if you are giving back to the community.b:shy
    You should make more videos ="(
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options

pretty sure he wanted Haiz to make more vids xD