Adroit's first PvP video

Options
Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
So Windows Live Movie Maker sucks for video editing, will be looking for some new software if there is any interest in my video.. anyway about 75% through it would no longer let me save, so I just had to call it done. Anyway, enjoy b:cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81Z1iwmmx4
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Too much highlights of Calvin vs You or you vs friends imo. :o Not enough random pvp. Video quality wasn't that great either BUT... It does show that you're skilled. Lots of really good kiting and timed seals. Timed your ultis well so they wouldn't just be a charm tick and knew when it was better to sutra.

It shows you're a pretty skilled wizard but wasn't as much fun to watch for me because of the set up friend matches. That's my take :O Maybe I'm just used to Transcends well cut videos though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Video quality wasn't that great either

Does this mean that you left it on 360 instead of bumping up the resolution?
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good video for being the first, imo.

Carvin needs a new genie, his ice permafails.

I also appreciated the music, it was still ghey like others', by my metalhead standards, but at least not as invasive.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fulgida wrote: »
    Does this mean that you left it on 360 instead of bumping up the resolution?

No, words will still blurred in high def :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah t'was good, nice never using WotP and\or spark though
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @Kniraven - dunno what you are talking about with quality, I just took another look at it.. all text is perfectly readable for me. None of this video was set up at all, but I know what you mean about Calvin vs random pvp. I actually had to cut the video short, there was another "scene" I was trying to add but Movie Maker was throwing a fit and wouldn't let me save if I did so. But in any future videos I'll try to balance 1v1's with random pvp a bit more :)

@Damaged - I actually got that genie the same day all of that was recorded, kept forgetting I could use genie spark :P
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    WHAT THE HECK ADROIT, you're so good... I feel like a noob. Nice putting me to shame... I need my +10 hh99 back so I can learn how to play again ._.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:cryWhy you cut off all those scene that I killed you?b:angry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:cryWhy you cut off all those scene that I killed you?b:angry

I wanted to add the 1v1 we did at north like the day before, but I wasn't recording then (that was what made me want to record our next 1v1). I was gonna add in at least one clip that you killed me in, but stupid movie maker wouldn't let me finish it. Maybe on my next video b:sad

@Amour - Trade you weps! b:victory But psssh, you're still the best mage on the server <3
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lmao, last part was epic b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You sure are a very skilled wizard. Could not do that on my wiz. I love the part where they go 3 or 4 on one against you and still take ages to kill, lol. And of course sage bids crits are great to watch, especially since you deliver them exactly the moment it hurts most. b:chuckle
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Now, this is a real wizard pvp video! Not like the other video where the wizard was showing his ganking and file swaping skills. In my opinion you have great skill. I just wonder, where you recording our little fight over secret passage? ;o
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Now, this is a real wizard pvp video! Not like the other video where the wizard was showing his ganking and file swaping skills. In my opinion you have great skill. I just wonder, where you recording our little fight over secret passage? ;o

I wish.. about half way through I considered recording it, but it lags my comp for like 5-10 secs after I start.. figured if I started recording you'd have your nix out and have me half dead before I could do anything >.>
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is the vid, that made me realise how far I am from being a good mage.

This is the vid of one of 2 people who taught me all I know about pvping and mage gear.

You are by far one of the top 5 mages in this game, period.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    awesome vid adroit : )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Decent pvp, solid kiting.

However, you never ever used WotP. That's a fairly major dps loss that I see you commiting consistently. As well, all but one last kill was "Kite until BIDS stun crit"

As much as I love BIDS I think you should get a lot more variety in there, as far as KBs go.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Decent pvp, solid kiting.

However, you never ever used WotP. That's a fairly major dps loss that I see you commiting consistently. As well, all but one last kill was "Kite until BIDS stun crit"

As much as I love BIDS I think you should get a lot more variety in there, as far as KBs go.

Actually that little part where I killed xWizz (before fighting Calvin) I did use WotP. I actually use WoTP fairly frequently in pvp, just not in this video. Against Calvin, dps was useless.. I could never get through his charm with dps (had to bypass it), I was only atking him for chi and getting him to just over 50%. Not to mention I'm able to start casting gush/pyro from a farther range.

Maybe you don't know that Calvin/Marzenia/El33tDeath all significantly outgear me, and all of them are good at playing their class.. any one of them can kill me in less than 3 secs if they caught me when I'd be taking full damage. Standing there trying to out dps them would end in me getting owned. There are only 2 ways I can atk them while they are not atking me.. FoW and sleep. When they are FoW'd they can just drop to take half damage from my ulti.. which leaves me with sleep. In regards to my ulti choice, I don't have enough -channeling (only have -18%) to land MS while they are still slept.. so they have a chance to use an apoth pot or start dropping etc. That leaves me with BIDS and BT.. and BIDS does more damage + has a crit buff. Against people closer to my gear range I have more choices, but this is kinda what I was stuck with.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Androoid, send me a link to your gear in pm qq.

or hit me up in game some time D:
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Androoid, send me a link to your gear in pm qq.

or hit me up in game some time D:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0cbac6f4d650445f
    pretty close to that, wrists are missing earth tho.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0cbac6f4d650445f
    pretty close to that, wrists are missing earth tho.

pretty close to mine, but im missing the +5 gear and +10 wep xD + my 2nd cv ring

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5e71a9a813eb4829

edit: btw, if u still do GV runs, my cleric needs a full run for 4th map belt.

so keep me in mind :x
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually that little part where I killed xWizz (before fighting Calvin) I did use WotP. I actually use WoTP fairly frequently in pvp, just not in this video. Against Calvin, dps was useless.. I could never get through his charm with dps (had to bypass it), I was only atking him for chi and getting him to just over 50%. Not to mention I'm able to start casting gush/pyro from a farther range.

Maybe you don't know that Calvin/Marzenia/El33tDeath all significantly outgear me, and all of them are good at playing their class.. any one of them can kill me in less than 3 secs if they caught me when I'd be taking full damage. Standing there trying to out dps them would end in me getting owned. There are only 2 ways I can atk them while they are not atking me.. FoW and sleep. When they are FoW'd they can just drop to take half damage from my ulti.. which leaves me with sleep. In regards to my ulti choice, I don't have enough -channeling (only have -18%) to land MS while they are still slept.. so they have a chance to use an apoth pot or start dropping etc. That leaves me with BIDS and BT.. and BIDS does more damage + has a crit buff. Against people closer to my gear range I have more choices, but this is kinda what I was stuck with.

Record more videos of people with similar gear then, I'm interested to see how you play it against them.

I forgot how unbalanced PWI's PVP can be most of the time b:cute

edit: I'd upload some of my WoW PVP stuff but arena season 8 ends tonight and doesn't start up again until Dec 14th. b:cry
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    awesome vid adroit : )

What is this >.> am I a good mage too? :(
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What is this >.> am I a good mage too? :(

No you are just a bad/fat BM
    <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Over_Kill - Lost City
    Over_Kill - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It was entertaining, I hope you keep making them.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i loves me some dirty dubstep:)

good vid though, keep em comin!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i loves me some dirty dubstep:)

good vid though, keep em comin!

I was waiting for you to post! Would love some constructive feedback as I've never made a video before this, and your videos are hands down the best pwi videos out there. Would love any little tips you might have to offer :P I know you use Fraps for screen capture, but what program did you use to edit your movies? (Definitely need to find something better than Windows Live Movie Maker)
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my gears +3/4.. my weapon +10 same as your..
    this video make it looks like you kill me 4:0 ...b:cry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options

your +9 HH99 chest and +10 nirvana pants dont look like +3/4! Calvin, before my next vid we'll 1v1 again and I'll record/post w/e happens xD. The video was never finished, was going to add in another scene.. I hadn't decided which to use before I started having trouble saving the file.. QQ
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Calvin's refine change everyday b:laugh
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Calvin's refine change everyday b:laugh

b:victory+8 cape b:cry+3 neck