Can a faction boot someone because they are not straight?

Comments

• HEALERKIZNA - Heavens Tear
    HEALERKIZNA - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ya smexy i think you got some good friends in ronin.

but makeing this post has done 1 thing, proved that they can get to you upset,its a game ppl are a**'s.

the only diff from this and rl is there is almost nothing you can do but ignor it and not let it get to you.

and trust me getting upset over it is bad for your health.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Are you saying that those who don't approve of homosexuality deserve less than pity

that is exactly what i'm saying, yes.
    and have got nothing?

by way of supporting arguments for their position, yes, that is exactly what i'm saying.
    Not only is that off the issue, but that's coming off as completly hypocritical.

maybe you should look up "hypocrisy" in the dictionary; it doesn't mean any of the things you might conceivably think it means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    who said we have to approve of it? its a life choice they and the government try to force people to accept, it isnt some abused minority, its coersion into a life style people dont give 2 shi ts about. what you do in the sack is nobodies business, which is exactly why it should be private; not super IM *** AND IM PROUD bull ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Have you ever faced serious oppression in your face, where you go to relax, enjoy yourself, and your 'flaws' and 'sins' are shoved in your face like dog *****?

Probably not. Therefore, you have no idea the meaning behind such immature, bigotry, insensitive, and ignorant cyber-hate and bullying comes from, and how it affects an individual not only emotionally, but mentally as well.

I sympathize with the OP. I've noticed that even though the 'gamer community' is mostly hetero, there is a large amount of Gaymers out there. They just fear the hatred that spills from ignorance even on the internet.

I encourage the OP to take a stand against it.

Good luck!
    and of course i have, there is only 2000 of my people left thanks to REAL freaking oppresion, murder, and intolerance of my people. if you want REAL oppresion, try living in the shoes of a native american, and living on a **** hole reservation your people were forced onto because your land was valuable to expansion; industrial or commercial, and recieving no reparations for it.

**** arent oppresed, theyre attention mongering annoyances trying to force their lifestyle on to people. the bedroom is nobodies business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadai - Heavens Tear
    Shadai - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    that is exactly what i'm saying, yes.

by way of supporting arguments for their position, yes, that is exactly what i'm saying.

maybe you should look up "hypocrisy" in the dictionary; it doesn't mean any of the things you might conceivably think it means.

AH, you're one of those closeminded people who just want to yell your opinion, not fact, and not listen to others I see. You're no longer worth talking to; it would be a waste of my time.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    >_> Getting off topic are we? Are you saying that those who don't approve of homosexuality deserve less than pity and have got nothing? Not only is that off the issue, but that's coming off as completly hypocritical. We don't need to turn this into yet another explosive discussion of who's being close minded and what not. Issue at hand; can a faction kick someone for something like being homosexual; dont go off insulting people for not agreeing with homosexuality.

MY take; yes, faction leaders can do whatever, no matter how unfair or hurtful cause they are the leaders. Yes, it sometimes hurts, dang it. I'm not a fan of discrimination, but some people just don't want certain things around them I guess. I'll always think of Smexy as a friend from Ronin. If you find yourself unwanted, there are lots of places who will accept you! There's a place for everyone. I'm sorry you got hurt. :( I hope you can find happiness.

have some sympathy, my god

At the two above, you do realize that being anything other then heterosexual is either A) a conscious choice made by the person because they want to "rebel" or B) a disease, it has been proven and linked to be caused by a chemical imbalance which causes the brain to be attracted to the wrong pheromones, the very same chemical that gets people into "bestiality" and you don't see people accepting that everyday now do you?
    who said we have to approve of it? its a life choice they and the government try to force people to accept, it isnt some abused minority, its coersion into a life style people dont give 2 shits about. what you do in the sack is nobodies business, which is exactly why it should be private; not super IM gay AND IM PROUD bull ****.
    +10000

I say this to all gay people
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    **** arent oppresed, theyre attention mongering annoyances trying to force their lifestyle on to people. the bedroom is nobodies business.

Last I checked, they don't purposely force their lifestyle on other people. Other people forced their heterosexual lifestyle onto them. As a result, homosexuals speak out because of this. Things like *** marriage don't really affect other people much. But people are so caught up ensuring their belief is the only one that they go against it.

Yes, homosexuals being oppressed is not the only case out there, but it's not something to shrug off either.

As for this topic... as stated, a leader can pretty much boot you for whatever reason. If you feel like this was a huge issue, ticket the GMs about your concerns and see what their response is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    it isnt some abused minority,

this is entirely incorrect.
    its coersion into a life style people dont give 2 shi ts about.

this is entirely incoherent.
    what you do in the sack is nobodies business, which is exactly why it should be private; not super IM *** AND IM PROUD bull ****.

this is entirely imbecilic.

look, are you really sure you wanna play in my kinds of league? because the very first thing i'd do is ask you to explain what you mean and support your contentions with actual logic, phrased in something more like standard english. do you think you're actually up to that yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited October 2010
    and of course i have, there is only 2000 of my people left thanks to REAL freaking oppresion,

oppression olympics fail. there's always somebody worse off than you are; want i should dig up any one of the ethnicities that have been ENTIRELY genocided, and tell you to quit whining because there's 2000 people like you still alive? more to the point, your suffering does not justify ignoring the suffering of others.
    **** arent oppresed,

people are being murdered for simply being homosexual. oh wait, didn't you mention something like that having happened to your own kind? funny, maybe your tribe WASN'T ever oppressed after all then.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm pretty sure that

1) Deora is trolling this thread pretty hard (like really hard, you might want to tone it down dude)

2) there's a rule against topics concerning "controversial issues"

3) I'm hungry and want some mac n cheese. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    this is entirely incorrect.

this is entirely incoherent.

this is entirely imbecilic.

look, are you really sure you wanna play in my kinds of league? because the very first thing i'd do is ask you to explain what you mean and support your contentions with actual logic, phrased in something more like standard english. do you think you're actually up to that yet?
    lol wat? what kind of idiotic counterargument is that? you just lay the argumentum ad hominem on thick dont ya? you did not acknowledge a single point, refute it, or contradict it. you just stated 'YOURE WRONG YOURE WRONG YOURE WRONG,' and display a fallacy known as invincible ignorance, this is not helping your case at all. if you are going to even attempt to refute ANYTHING i say, actually make a real argument instead of making a complete idiot of yourself.

it also make you look like a completely ignorant fool if you claim that 2000 people left of my kind isnt something to be shocked at. that IS genocide. there are millions of jews, armenians, blacks, etc left in the world after their attacks, some native cultures dwindle to even single digit numbers, you dumb ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    At the two above, you do realize that being anything other then heterosexual is either A) a conscious choice made by the person because they want to "rebel"

have you the faintest notion of how silly that sounds? have you the least clue of how ADULT people live --- and that grownups are occasionally homosexual, too?

seriously, think about HOW teenage rebellion works (clue: think "shock value"; also think "perfectly safe", as a general rule) and maybe you'll realize there's nothing about homosexuality that fits the pattern (nobody's shocked by it, but people do get hurt and killed for it).
    or B) a disease,

ya, sure, it spreads through *** cooties. just like heterosexuality is spread by the straight tapeworm.

grow up.
    it has been proven

[citation needed]

(hate speech deleted)
    edited October 2010
    you did not acknowledge a single point, refute it, or contradict it.

that's because you didn't MAKE any. look up "logical argument" in an encyclopedia and see if you can understand what that might be. (you might have to go to school for a few more years before you get it --- don't worry, i'll not hold my breath, take your time and get it right.)

what you provided were blatant assertions, nothing more. i responded in kind, and now you think that's not good enough? THAT'S what "hypocrisy" means.
    edited October 2010
    (evil)

there are no words for the suffering you deserve. i hope you get it.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doodlesmoosh - Heavens Tear
    Doodlesmoosh - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    "Is homosexuality a disease?

No, homosexuality is not a disease. All major mental health organizations, including the American Psychological Association (APA), have stated that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. Being unsure or uncomfortable about your feelings can cause anxiety and stress, which can sometimes cause physical problems like trouble sleeping, nausea and headache. Talking with people about how you feel, such as trusted family members and friends, can help reduce your stress and anxiety.
    Return to top" - Some site that I googled.

A hole is a hole. And as for lesbians, well. A pole is a pole. If you got booted for being ***, who cares. I've gotten booted from factions/guilds from being from the middle-east. Big deal.
    Oh, by the way. One thing I would like to call you a total moron for.
    You honestly expected to be accepted online and where your "sins" and "flaws" won't get pushed in to your face? Really? REALLY?!

The internet is full of keyboard warriors, (i.e, see Deora). Every person who has even thought that homosexual people were "meh, I don't really care but I don't really like them" in person becomes more like "WTF ARE YOU LIKE, STUPID? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU HOMOSEXUALITY IS FOR THE EVIL!!!!ONE!!11!!ONE www.church.com".

You'll find better luck being accepted in the outside world than you will finding it on an online game, I'm just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    *removed*

amusingly, that's just about the clearest example of projection i've seen demonstrated in a long time indeed. excerpt these few postings, and that last one could be used in a freshman psychology textbook to define the term, even. i'd applaud you, if i thought for a moment that your performance was anything but accidental.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    stuff.
    yo, welcome to the forums, new poster. glad to see someone making sense amongst this **** hole of a thread.
    amusingly, that's just about the clearest example of projection i've seen demonstrated in a long time indeed. excerpt these few postings, and that last one could be used in a freshman psychology textbook to define the term, even. i'd applaud you, if i thought for a moment that your performance was anything but accidental.
    are you going to even attempt to defend your position, or are you going to sit and play the arrogant twit card 24/7? arrogant displays of unwarrented self importance are the equivalence of pure idiocy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    like i said, homophobes (Aisubeki) (Deora) need to die in their sleep...or better yet, get shot so they can feel the pain :D
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I am ok with this.

I see it as a quarantine for the disease that is homosexuality, do some research and you'll see how **** it really is.

man you really are special, or lacking in the thing that makes us human..

eitherway, there are good people being abused just because they chose to walk a different path in life than you, i bet you still think the earth is flat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    1. i've mearly stated that your sexual orientation is no one's business, which should in no way be brought into light outside any dating circumstances whatsoever

2. homophobia is not an accepted phobia by the DSM-IV

3. **** are not an oppresed minority, they are a people whove made a life choice whom flamboyantly want others to forcibly accept it.

4. you are a moron spammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    ^

i feel sorry for whoever gave birth to you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    1. i've mearly stated that your sexual orientation is no one's business, which should in no way be brought into light outside any dating circumstances whatsoever

because, as we all know, no heterosexual would ever dream about revealing their sexual orientation outside of dating circumstances --- us straights are always so meticulous about keeping that our own business, never making it any of anybody else's. oh, wait.
    2. homophobia is not an accepted phobia by the DSM-IV

insofar as this is even relevant, it hurts your position.
    3. **** are not an oppresed minority,

oh really? how do you figure that? are they: (1) a majority; or perhaps (2) not discriminated against, threatened, injured, and/or persecuted simply for belonging to their specificic subgroup?

because on my planet they ARE, and that by definition makes them an oppressed minority.
    they are a people whove made a life choice whom flamboyantly want others to forcibly accept it.

you're either taking drugs you shouldn't be, or neglecting to take drugs you should be. either way, your grasp on reality is noticeably slipping. because real homosexuals just plain aren't that.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    ^

i feel sorry for your close minded mentality to those who have a different opinion. that entire post was directed towards alliptica, whos been spamming necro threads all night
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    ^

i feel sorry for your close minded mentality to those who have a different opinion. that entire post was directed towards alliptica, whos been spamming necro threads all night

and you feel like taking it out on homosexuals because of that?

nobody asked you too post on these forums let alone read them, if you don't like something shut up and ignore it don't start flames by posting **** about people

the better person turns a blind eye....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    @ blush, how am i taking ANYTHING out on them? i simply said they should get over the stupid event, and get on with their life, it isnt something worth getting butt hurt over. the one you should be preaching to is deora, who is actually flaming ****. im stating a valid opinion, in which you are being a bigot for condemning.
    because, as we all know, no heterosexual would ever dream about revealing their sexual orientation outside of dating circumstances --- us straights are always so meticulous about keeping that our own business, never making it any of anybody else's. oh, wait.
    because sexual orientation has no business anywhere outside dating, be it politics, religion, forums, etc. what people do in the sack is their own business, and not the worlds. apparently you fail to grasp this concept.
    insofar as this is even relevant, it hurts your position.
    both you and the idiot green typer have been using this term, it isnt a real term, stop using it. it doesnt affect jack **** otherwise. hurts my case, pfft, as if you had one to begin with, idiot.
    oh really? how do you figure that? are they: (1) a majority; or perhaps (2) not discriminated against, threatened, injured, and/or persecuted simply for belonging to their specificic subgroup?

because on my planet they ARE, and that by definition makes them an oppressed minority.
    1. they are equally protected under rights of law, they are not segregated against, and are entitled to every right an american has. they aren't a minority / second class citizen group at all.

2. they are able to get married in a number of states, and states outlawing it have bee overturned by supreme courts recently, see prop 8. on top of this, **** have no need to get married, this is primarily a religious ceremony, overviewed by a religious body. if its against that religion's doctrines, then they have no need to petition for a right to it. this is not discrimination.
    you're either taking drugs you shouldn't be, or neglecting to take drugs you should be. either way, your grasp on reality is noticeably slipping. because real homosexuals just plain aren't that.
    if they werent, then why are they fighting for supposed equal rights they already have?

go back to the high school debate team you've been succesfully failing for for the past 4 years. this is a big boys game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    just to throw a little gas on this fire that will never be put out because people who hate those different from them, which comes from fear from lack of understanding, will never not hate, because they can never understand. They will come up with reasons to hate, to qualify their irrational hate with supposed rational empirical facts.

for example the "chemical imbalance" argument is faulty, because the chemicals act differently does not mean there is an imbalance. If you take your control sample from people who's brain chemistry works one way and compare it to a group in whom is works differently, there is only an "imbalance" if you are trying to force once group to conform to the control group. If you take men as a control group, all women will have a chemical imbalance, and vice versa. There is only an imbalance if you are unable to accept that people can be different. but i digress.

here's the gas:

The statement was made that homosexuality has been stated by the APA to NOT be a mental disorder. thats true, but it wasnt always true. Homosexuality does not appear in the DSM IV - the APA bible of metal disorders, however it did appear in the DSM I, II, and III, it was removed due to political pressure.

discuss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    discuss.

Do not want!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.