Can a faction boot someone because they are not straight?

SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear
SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
I would really like to know if a faction is allowed to boot a player if that person is homosexual.
Post edited by SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited October 2010
    If it is their faction I guess they can do whatever the hell they want.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A faction leader CAN boot you for whatever reason they want. It is their faction. Is it RIGHT to? Well that's another debate altogether. But no, there is no game rule against booting people from your faction for any reason.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    a faction can decide on who they want for members any way they wish, yes. although, if it became known to me that some faction were doing that kind of thing, i'd be badmouthing them all over the server loudly and long, myself. they've got the right and freedom to be bigoted --- and i've got the right and freedom to try and wreck their reputation over it, as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    you are in luck, HuoYuanJa is very homophobic... I was "friends" with the leader and his wife for over a year and a half, and they kicked me bc of their homophobia.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    naming and shaming on the forum will only earn a lock. thats what world chat is for. no rule against naming and shaming there as far as i can see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I thought naming and shaming applied to players. If I read that post right, HuoYuanJa is the name of the guild and if there's some rule about not being able to talk about guilds, aaaalll those people QQing about their respective servers' guilds would be breaking the rules.
  • SmexyTwinky - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, its not even worth mentioning the leader's name. I was just mad at being kicked while i was off, they day after they asked me if i was straight or not...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    People can get kicked for any reason. Country themed facs will kick you if they find out you're not part of the country for example.

quick question: are you a girl, and into other girls? Or a guy playing a girl char so guys will go out with you?

Not flaming, jus wondering b:laugh
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You're better off without a faction that would have people willing to engage in such behaviour. I would send a ticket however, i'm sure open discrimination is against ToS.
    edited October 2010
    HuoYuanJa? well, i can't say i've ever heard of them before, nor seen their flag in-game; but i'll keep them in mind as a faction to tell people to avoid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would really like to know if a faction is allowed to boot a player if that person is homosexual.
    Yes they are. PWE would be eating crow and having it fly through their living room windows attached to rocks if they told factions to not discriminate against **** with the current marriage situation what it is. Sufficed to say, if a *** person has an issue with it, time to find a less discriminating faction.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You're better off without a faction that would have people willing to engage in such behaviour. I would send a ticket however, i'm sure open discrimination is against ToS.

Lol I don't know what WC is like for you on Sanc, but in RT, HL, and LC, the worldchat will occasionally get a racist/ bigot comment, and nothing is done to the person. There is actually some people with nasty names that dont get the ban hammer
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    really? who cares?

homophobia is not even considered a real phobia by the DSM-IV. a faction leader can kick who they want for whatever reason they want, despite the moral rammifications involved. get over it and find a new faction who 'accepts' your life choice and get on with yourlife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    really? who cares?

homophobia is not even considered a real phobia by the DSM-IV. a faction leader can kick who they want for whatever reason they want, despite the moral rammifications involved. get over it and find a new faction who 'accepts' your life choice and get on with yourlife.

And to add onto that, if a GM felt like banning you from the game because you are *** that is within their rights you agreed to same goes for accepting an invite to a faction, you agree that the leaders and officers are allowed to run that faction as the please.

Edit: woahhhhhhhhhh when did they add gay to the filter?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    yes

your not special
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lol I don't know what WC is like for you on Sanc, but in RT, HL, and LC, the worldchat will occasionally get a racist/ bigot comment, and nothing is done to the person. There is actually some people with nasty names that dont get the ban hammer

I wonder how many are in fact reported... Likely many violations are only reviewed if someone makes a legitimate complaint.
    really? who cares?

Neither is racism considered a mental disorder... Homophobia is not a clinical phobia and should not be mistaken for one...
    edited October 2010
    Neither is racism considered a mental disorder... Homophobia is not a clinical phobia and should not be mistaken for one...

if homophobia actually were a mental disorder, homophobes might at least deserve some pity. as things are, they've got nothing, and deserve less.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    In this Case a Faction Maker (Leader) can kick members as he/she pleases and for whatever reazon, not liking butter included.. It's a game.. You know , ahhhhh lets ............. not be so stupid. :)
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    And to add onto that, if a GM felt like banning you from the game because you are *** that is within their rights you agreed to same goes for accepting an invite to a faction, you agree that the leaders and officers are allowed to run that faction as the please.

Edit: woahhhhhhhhhh when did they add gay to the filter?
    hey, no **** sherlock! they say so in the TOS that they have a right to ownership of the account, and the right to terminate it without warning, or reason why! thanks captain obvious!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    you are in luck, HuoYuanJa is very homophobic... I was "friends" with the leader and his wife for over a year and a half, and they kicked me bc of their homophobia.
    aww im sorry thats horrible! D: im *** too and i hate homophobes b:angry they need to die in their sleep!

Edit: why is *** censored!!! -.- what about ****?

another Edit: actually i made a contoversial thread concerning that word in November 09 and i guess the mods finally took it into consideration! they also censored that 4 letter word that starts with r at my request :)
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Edit: why is *** censored!!! -.- what about ****?

-- The owners of this **** (Forums / Game) , are far far from perfect Beens so dont base anything on their rules or beliefs ,.. ok? b:bye
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2010

smexy why did you ever leave ronin? you know we would not have done this and would have flat out told them to shut up if they ever said anything. which is prett funny becuase of past conversations you and "they" had.for them to make this action is just completly stupid and out of they're "old personality". im not sure when happened at the end there but they seemed to have changed alot. bashing for one. your welcome back to Ronin. Unless your still wanting to make your own faction. you know your entitled to your own opinion/feelings/ways with us. we wouldn't have bashed that sense we want you to be you.

other then like wth lol looooooooooooooool this is mind blowing from past conversations. like so mind blowing i might have to slap someone looool. I really don't knwo what to think.. from past convos "they" were right there playing along with you.
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    HuoYuanJa? well, i can't say i've ever heard of them before, nor seen their flag in-game; but i'll keep them in mind as a faction to tell people to avoid.

Their faction logo looks something like this : http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9094/20080907135853antigayan.gif
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Their faction logo looks something like this : http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9094/20080907135853antigayan.gif

Let's not point them out anymore then already ;)

Edit:
    though.. lol....if you actually heard the past convos youd seem how hypocrite all of this sounds. so i rly don't know what to think...
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Let's not point them out anymore then already ;)

Edit :
    though.. lol....

I thought it'd be fun ^_^
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    I thought it'd be fun ^_^

Iv truely not seen they're logo yet. but i don't want to get into the naming and shaming b:shocked
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    point and moral of the story! who cares, get a new guild, quit whining over it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Have you ever faced serious oppression in your face, where you go to relax, enjoy yourself, and your 'flaws' and 'sins' are shoved in your face like dog *****?

Probably not. Therefore, you have no idea the meaning behind such immature, bigotry, insensitive, and ignorant cyber-hate and bullying comes from, and how it affects an individual not only emotionally, but mentally as well.

I sympathize with the OP. I've noticed that even though the 'gamer community' is mostly hetero, there is a large amount of Gaymers out there. They just fear the hatred that spills from ignorance even on the internet.

I encourage the OP to take a stand against it.

Good luck!
  • Shadai - Heavens Tear
    Shadai - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    if homophobia actually were a mental disorder, homophobes might at least deserve some pity. as things are, they've got nothing, and deserve less.

>_> Getting off topic are we? Are you saying that those who don't approve of homosexuality deserve less than pity and have got nothing? Not only is that off the issue, but that's coming off as completly hypocritical. We don't need to turn this into yet another explosive discussion of who's being close minded and what not. Issue at hand; can a faction kick someone for something like being homosexual; dont go off insulting people for not agreeing with homosexuality.

MY take; yes, faction leaders can do whatever, no matter how unfair or hurtful cause they are the leaders. Yes, it sometimes hurts, dang it. I'm not a fan of discrimination, but some people just don't want certain things around them I guess. I'll always think of Smexy as a friend from Ronin. If you find yourself unwanted, there are lots of places who will accept you! There's a place for everyone. I'm sorry you got hurt. :( I hope you can find happiness.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2010

have some sympathy, my god
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
This discussion has been closed.