The Key to Staff

Comments

• trollfacee
    trollfacee Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm going to resist the urge to break your nose.
    b:thanks Run along now little Troll. This is on-topic, adult conversation.

last i checked, adults dont post **** and spam one day to slander the name of a GM/make there lives harder then try to have "serious" conversations the next day in a attempt to make themselves look inteligent.b:shutup
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    trollfacee wrote: »
    last i checked, adults dont post **** and spam one day to slander the name of a GM/make there lives harder then try to have "serious" conversations the next day in a attempt to make themselves look inteligent.b:shutup

I don't try to make myself seem intelligent, I just create threads and post responses based on how I feel about certain subjects. Trying to make myself look intelligent is just a waste of time and I don't really care to concern myself with it.

I think we should stop feeding the troll now... If we ignore it then it'll go away.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    FFS guys seriously.

If you want to be petty, and argue, and threaten each other, do it somewhere else. There are plenty of topics I see on the first page that already have such pointless bickering in it, go drag those things off topic.

This is an on topic and serious thread that has, up until you moronic trolls decided to be, well, morons, had very good and intelligent discussion in it. And I'd like to try and keep it that way.

Go and be childish people elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trollfacee
    edited October 2010
    FFS guys seriously.

If you want to be petty, and argue, and threaten each other, do it somewhere else. There are plenty of topics I see on the first page that already have such pointless bickering in it, go drag those things off topic.

This is an on topic and serious thread that has, up until you moronic trolls decided to be, well, morons, had very good and intelligent discussion in it. And I'd like to try and keep it that way.

Go and be childish people elsewhere.

go and run to shelly and tell her you got trolls in your thread. the very same mod you do not like.b:bye if she actually does anything i guess she is a better mod then you make her out to be.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    go and run to shelly and tell her you got trolls in your thread. the very same mod you do not like.b:bye

I find it funny you tell us not to make the GMs life harder when it was you who came in here crying about how Shelly locked your stupid little thread.

GG, you've proven what a complete ignoramus you are without anybody's help. No go and be an ignoramus somewhere else because nobody likes little **** like you. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trollfacee
    edited October 2010
    I find it funny you tell us not to make the GMs life harder when it was you who came in here crying about how Shelly locked your stupid little thread.

GG, you've proven what a complete ignoramus you are without anybody's help. No go and be an ignoramus somewhere else because nobody likes little **** like you. =3

but hey, that means she is doing her job and is on top of things. but you claim she is not suited to be a mod. *gasp*

she actually deleted and locked a few of my posts/threads. even locked a thread that was in a flame war. seems your point/discussion is no longer valid
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    she actually deleted and locked a few of my posts/threads. even locked a thread that was in a flame war. seems your point/discussion is no longer valid

You've also just proven you can't read.

Making a few good decisions does not negate multiple bad ones, the fact you think otherwise proves you're absolutely stupid. The fact you came in here crying about how Shelly locked one of your threads when there was no reason to also proves you're a hypocrite.

As far discussion with you is concerned, you're right. You've just proven you're a complete and utter idiot, without anybody's help, and that you clearly failed school because you cannot comprehend anything you read.

So yes, you're right when it comes to you. Discussion with you = over.

Now does anybody who actually has a valid opinion who is not a complete and utter moron actually have anything valuable to add?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well (I dont know if you think I'm ignoramus or not but...) she is trying, she really is. I think she'll get better over time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • setantasrose
    setantasrose Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wow, can you please just leave already? Seriously. Go troll someplace that gives a **** about what you have to say.

Ooops, I forgot, you're a technical troll. >.>
    Go troll someplace that gives a **** about the words you type down.
    -.- now maybe if we ignore the troll, it might go away....or maybe get banned, who knows.

My argument remains...why were these people chosen? What the heck makes them more experienced, capable, or honest than some of the other people around here? They're not ACTIVE, that's for sure; half of these people I've never even seen. They're not helpful-- Like you said, one of them's a spammer, the other a lurker.

We can't get someone who we know personally to be a Moderator? Someone responsible? Hypnos and RedsRose, even Airy herself would be better suited than the completely random choices you've made Frankie.

You've made some doozies of decisions...but this takes the cake....and you really haven't given us an answer. Is it that hard to tell us? Do you think we'll be mad?
    >.> A famous saying goes: "Bad news gets worse with time."

You might want to mull that one over.
    Boom-shakalaka!
  • trollfacee
    edited October 2010
    My argument remains...why were these people chosen? What the heck makes them more experienced, capable, or honest than some of the other people around here? They're not ACTIVE, that's for sure; half of these people I've never even seen. They're not helpful-- Like you said, one of them's a spammer, the other a lurker.

that infraction she gave me was just a few mins ago. she also been locking/deleting my posts and threads all day.

she is very active indeed.
    edited October 2010
    that infraction she gave me was just a few mins ago. she also been locking/deleting my posts and threads all day.

she is very active indeed.

this is true.

Sir/ma'am you have broken the ToS you're not supposed to talk about private conversations with admins/mods, gms/or cms

• trollfacee
    edited October 2010

this is true.

Sir/ma'am you have broken the ToS you're not supposed to talk about private conversations with admins/mods, gms/or cms

ya, i know. :3
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just ignore the troll so Airyll's thread can get back on topic. It's a good thread with intelligent posts and it really doesn't deserve to be locked or depth'd just because of a troll. Just. Ignore. The. Troll.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    We can't get someone who we know personally to be a Moderator? Someone responsible? Hypnos and RedsRose, even Airy herself would be better suited than the completely random choices you've made Frankie.

I don't think I'd make a good moderator on these forums.

I post how I post, and people know that I post harshly. While many people can ignore this if I have an actual point to make, others (as has been shown in this thread) dislike it to a great enough degree to complain about it. I've also made some very poor posts in my past, and while I haven't spammed constantly nor had 'cyber' posts unlike Grim (which I am still appalled at the fact he got moderator with posts like those), I haven't been an apt poster either.

I might make a good mod in terms of locking or moving appropriately but I would not make a good moderator because this community would not agree with my position and, as such, a lot of them would be quite upset about it. No point putting somebody into a moderating position when there's already so much opposition, that in itself would be a very foolish mood.

I'm not saying Shelly will not get better, tell me where I said she wouldn't.

I am saying that this forum is not a personal training ground for new moderators. This is why we have so many issues right now. These forums have been neglected for months upon months, with only Ary and her iron fist to keep us in check lately. To put new, inexperienced moderators on the job and let them run around making newbie mistakes was asking to start a fight.

As it happened, it did.

Make Shelly a moderator later. Train her and have her know these forums. Let her make herself a part of the community and let her post and actually interact with people rather then sitting and being invisible for a year and then suddenly appointing her a moderator and claiming she has experience. She does not. Not the kind of experience a moderator for this forum needs, certainly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Ok ON TOPIC: Shelly is avtually turning out to be pretty good at her job. she's been here all day moderating these forums, and she's been the only one here. I honestly think with a bit more time's experience she will be doing a very good job. Despite the flames towards her, she's been having fun. She's been responding to threads, and taking our very harsh, constructive criticism.

Grim on the other hand I have not seen, at all. Except previous the ban spree where he was lock and depth happy. Since then, he's done nothing.

• Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wafflechan for mod, ijs. very active, in the US timezone at that, and a smarmy smartass to boot.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wafflechan for mod, ijs. very active, in the US timezone at that, and a smarmy smartass to boot.

b:infuriated you must be joking...
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok ON TOPIC: Shelly is avtually turning out to be pretty good at her job. she's been here all day moderating these forums, and she's been the only one here. I honestly think with a bit more time's experience she will be doing a very good job. Despite the flames towards her, she's been having fun. She's been responding to threads, and taking our very harsh, constructive criticism.

Grim on the other hand I have not seen, at all. Except previous the ban spree where he was lock and depth happy. Since then, he's done nothing.

^this. shelly has been doing her job just fine. all the hate towards her was unwarranted in the first place. like frankie said, we will come to accept her in time. try to give her a CHANCE ok people?

as for grim? well i agree he needs to get his act together. but he deserves a chance to.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'd much prefer this topic to carry on without it dragging into flame wars please, so you guys can take this to PM. This topic seems to not be about who should be mod, so lets not derail it either.

Regards
    edited October 2010
    Guys, she's trying to keep this open, you heard our mod, take it to PM's

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't think I'd make a good moderator on these forums.

I post how I post, and people know that I post harshly. While many people can ignore this if I have an actual point to make, others (as has been shown in this thread) dislike it to a great enough degree to complain about it. I've also made some very poor posts in my past, and while I haven't spammed constantly nor had 'cyber' posts unlike Grim (which I am still appalled at the fact he got moderator with posts like those), I haven't been an apt poster either.

I might make a good mod in terms of locking or moving appropriately but I would not make a good moderator because this community would not agree with my position and, as such, a lot of them would be quite upset about it. No point putting somebody into a moderating position when there's already so much opposition, that in itself would be a very foolish mood.

I'm not saying Shelly will not get better, tell me where I said she wouldn't.

I am saying that this forum is not a personal training ground for new moderators. This is why we have so many issues right now. These forums have been neglected for months upon months, with only Ary and her iron fist to keep us in check lately. To put new, inexperienced moderators on the job and let them run around making newbie mistakes was asking to start a fight.

As it happened, it did.

Make Shelly a moderator later. Train her and have her know these forums. Let her make herself a part of the community and let her post and actually interact with people rather then sitting and being invisible for a year and then suddenly appointing her a moderator and claiming she has experience. She does not. Not the kind of experience a moderator for this forum needs, certainly.

I'm still perplexed about HOW grim got moderator. He's neither mature nor experienced.

I have hope for Shelly, like I had hope for Sango and how I (used?) to have hope for Setantasrose. (Although she's lurking more on wiki than forums, lol.)
    I agree...give them a chance.

Yell at them if they **** up, give them cookies if they do something good. (*Cough* Likebanningthetroll *cough*)
  • setantasrose
    setantasrose Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have hope for Shelly, like I had hope for Sango and how I (used?) to have hope for Setantasrose. (Although she's lurking more on wiki than forums, lol.)
    )

xD Curses.....foiled again.
    Boom-shakalaka!
  • chaoticshelly
    edited October 2010

I hope you realize this is actually something serious.

Regardless, its a discussion that should not be held in this topic. If you have any problem with a certain user you should contact FrankieRaye, Grim or myself or further more send a ticket.
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Airyll, Shelly is our mod now and seems to be integrating fine. She may make the odd error in time but then again, even a famous named, experienced mod would. There is no substitute for real, on the job training. (Not that kind of 'on the job...' b:shocked )

Maybe when we get another couple of mods added to the team, they will be the experienced mods that are familiar to yourself, that you are hoping for.

There is nothing wrong with a mix of youth and experience, so to speak.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol someone deleted posts.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited October 2010
    I've removed several posts from this topic in order to keep it both on topic and flame free. Please keep it this way. Those involved in said discussion please take it to PMs or contact me in order to resolve it. Thanks!
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I've removed several posts from this topic in order to keep it both on topic and flame free. Please keep it this way. Those involved in said discussion please take it to PMs or contact me in order to resolve it. Thanks!

I wanna take you out on a date....
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Regardless, its a discussion that should not be held in this topic. If you have any problem with a certain user you should contact FrankieRaye, Grim or myself or further more send a ticket.

What kind of response is that? Honestly, i don't care to know what your ethnic/national origin is, but i'm willing to bet you'd feel a whole lot different if it was your people that came under attack.

Want me to keep this on topic? Fine; This cockroach can never be allowed to become a mod because he fails to understand the most basic principles of civility. I've been giving you the benefit of doubt despite what mistakes you may have comitted, but dismissing this and treating us both in the same manner is demeaning, i'm not flaming, just standing for common decency here. And FYI, i'm Roman Catholic not Jewish, but i take it as a personal insult regardless.

You want to know something moderators need? Is to respect the people that post in forums. Comments such as this cannot be allowed under any circumstance, and you can bet i'll be pming Frankie to let him know how you "defused" this situation. I haven't read the forum's TOS, but i'm willing to bet there's something about this in there.

Edit; I now see you just want to sweep this under the rug, sure let's all pretend it never happened... not.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited October 2010
    @MANray_ - Sanctuary - I suggested a proper solution for that matter and I'd be happy to assist you through a PM. Discussing this in a topic that is not made to discuss possible candidates and the reasoning of why they shouldn't be moderators is not the right course of actions. Please PM me with the details of this matter and don't derail this topic anymore, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.