I'm very disappointed in you all.

Krisnda - Lost City
Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
I have been playing since the beginning of 09, and i have grown to see this game get better and worse. Now i'm not sure what happened to make everyone at the moment, just go wild like this is a zoo, as there have been multiple things that has happened to make everyone here mad (packs, DQ, tw, whatever), but it has never gotten out of hand like this. People that have been here for a while, are now leaving (you guys will be missed, u know who u guys are :D). the forums have been trashed, all because of some post welcoming some new mods? Why did that one thing do what it is doing to the forums? There have been other worse things to complain about, and then we have the audacity to sit here and deflect it on other people (GM's/Mods)?! we all should be ashamed of ourselves. When they changed the TW in the game, did people snap and go crazy with these spam/unmentionable threads? No. What has happened to our fine little community that we know as PWI? It's sad to see people act like this, especially, i might add, over a game. I hope everyone has learned something from this, because it isn't just their fault, it's ours as well. We are the ones acting like children (not everyone), not them.

Edit: you can say what you want to this, it'll just be proving my point, and personally right now i really don't care anymore...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A good moderator should:
- Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
- Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
- Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
Post edited by Krisnda - Lost City on

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Not trying to be cheeky but a few threads seem to be titled the same and they're getting me confused now, including this one.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    and its not just the facts of the new mods, but of things certian gm's have said
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have been playing since the beginning of 09, and i have grown to see this game get better and worse. Now i'm not sure what happened to make everyone at the moment, just go wild like this is a zoo, as there have been multiple things that has happened to make everyone here mad (packs, DQ, tw, whatever), but it has never gotten out of hand like this. People that have been here for a while, are now leaving (you guys will be missed, u know who u guys are :D). the forums have been trashed, all because of some post welcoming some new mods? Why did that one thing do what it is doing to the forums? There have been other worse things to complain about, and then we have the audacity to sit here and deflect it on other people (GM's/Mods)?! we all should be ashamed of ourselves. When they changed the TW in the game, did people snap and go crazy with these spam/unmentionable threads? No. What has happened to our fine little community that we know as PWI? It's sad to see people act like this, especially, i might add, over a game. I hope everyone has learned something from this, because it isn't just their fault, it's ours as well. We are the ones acting like children (not everyone), not them.

Edit: you can say what you want to this, it'll just be proving my point, and personally right now i really don't care anymore...
    you should be ashamed of yourself for not supporting people fed up with constantly being ignored and being told to shut up any time they have ANY opinion about how things are ran. they broke the camels back, and now they need to fan the fire if they want progress.

the fact of the matter, the GMs hired moderators (one of them being a liar, the other a forum spammer) and right off the bat, they started going lock happy, and threatening people. and thus the firecracker went off, people knew these mods were wrong for the job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Oh the other disappointment thread is on the second page now. No wonder I got confused.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Not trying to be cheeky but a few threads seem to be titled the same and they're getting me confused now, including this one.

You're getting cheeky... b:dirty
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    You're getting cheeky... b:dirty

No! I got confused cuz the other one had pink text instead of red
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    you should be ashamed of yourself for not supporting people fed up with constantly being ignored and being told to shut up any time they have ANY opinion about how things are ran. they broke the camels back, and now they need to fan the fire if they want progress.

the fact of the matter, the GMs hired moderators (one of them being a liar, the other a forum spammer) and right off the bat, they started going lock happy, and threatening people. and thus the firecracker went off, people knew these mods were wrong for the job.

I never said that i supported anything, what im getting at is "our" response to the situation is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    People can only hold their tongue and shrug BS off for so long. Continued BS by the GMs contributed to the state of forums just as much as we did. They are not the victims they are the instigators/supporters of the negative issues we see today.

Edit: you say shame on us, I say shame on them for pouring lighter fluid on the burning ember.
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    No. U.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    People can only hold their tongue and shrug BS off for so long. Continued BS by the GMs contributed to the state of forums just as much as we did. They are not the victims they are the instigators/supporters of the negative issues we see today.

Edit: you say shame on us, I say shame on them for pouring lighter fluid on the burning ember.

Again, i agree with what you are saying, its just that we could of made a better judgment to go about this in an organized manner, instead of "rioting", it isn't solving anything, its only making things worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This comunity (us, the player base) is responsable for many of the ills that aflict us. Yeah, the current riotous mood wasn't entirely unprovoked but things have gotten way out of hand and people do not seem inclined to take responsability for their actions. It's unfortunately not the time for reflection yet, as the proverbial mob seems to have taken over. Perhaps we may be able to plot a new course for ourselves as a comunity after things have calmed down, but for now the jacquerie rules triumphantly over the ruins of what was once the heart of the game's meta. The forums lie in ruins tonight...
  • ragenight
    edited October 2010
    This comunity (us, the player base) is responsable for many of the ills that aflict us. Yeah, the current riotous mood wasn't entirely unprovoked but things have gotten way out of hand and people do not seem inclined to take responsability for their actions. It's unfortunately not the time for reflection yet, as the proverbial mob seems to have taken over. Perhaps we may be able to plot a new course for ourselves as a comunity after things have calmed down, but for now the jacquerie rules triumphantly over the ruins of what was once the heart of the game's meta. The forums lie in ruins tonight...

Some of you seem to miss our point.

We're not looking for a change. We're past that point. We've been ignored and abused. Now we're just trying to accelerate the death of this horrible company.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010

Thank you, at least 1 person got what i was saying. I hope that does happen in the very near future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Again, i agree with what you are saying, its just that we could of made a better judgment to go about this in an organized manner, instead of "rioting", it isn't solving anything, its only making things worse.

Not to sound rude, but you must be kinda new to the forums. When we continue to post in the "right way" to try to get our voices heard about the changes being made to the game, we are ignored. The only other option people think they have is to force their opinion out there in obvious and "rioty" ways.

It might not be the right way to go about it, but the alternative doesnt get our opinions heard.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thank you, at least 1 person got what i was saying. I hope that does happen in the very near future.

how come you like to pick very difficult to read colors on large monitors that are at a distance? Are you on a 14" monitor with your nose to the glass? Just curious...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    ragenight wrote: »
    Some of you seem to miss our point.

We're not looking for a change. We're past that point. We've been ignored and abused. Now we're just trying to accelerate the death of this horrible company.
    our point?

then i guess the mob is divided as well, seeing as some of us what it to lead to change, rather than death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Not to sound rude, but you must be kinda new to the forums. When we continue to post in the "right way" to try to get our voices heard about the changes being made to the game, we are ignored. The only other option people think they have is to force their opinion out there in obvious and "rioty" ways.

It might not be the right way to go about it, but the alternative doesnt get our opinions heard.

1. No

2. What makes you think that this will make them listen anymore then they have been already by resorting to this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • ragenight
    edited October 2010
    our point?

then i guess the mob is divided as well, seeing as some of us what it to lead to change, rather than death.

That would be nice, but you're simply fooling yourself.
  • ragenight
    edited October 2010

2. What makes you think that this will make them listen anymore then they have been already by resorting to this?

We don't care any more if they are listening.

Stop using dark red on a black background.
  • Tni - Lost City
    Tni - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lolumad?

Geesh.

Tonight has had some of most epic trolling I seen in a long while.

But really... This sort of things happens when you have a dying game along with fail gms and mods...

This sort of thing was bound to happen anyways. The massive amount of QQ threads was a big tale sign of this.
    The new changes in moderation didn't help either.
    And chances are, big outlashes like this might happen again if PWE fails to acknowledges this...
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    our point?

Imo its far too late for any change, too many people have quit and the reputation for this game has died. Too bad that facebook doesnt have a Do Not Like button, Im sure that it would be well over 1 million dislikes.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    That would be nice, but you're simply fooling yourself.
    maybe we all are in the long run, but tonight fellow spartan, we dine in hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    We don't care any more if they are listening.

Stop using dark red on a black background.

Who else feels this way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Who else feels this way?

I would also like you to stop using eye-burning colors like blue.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    I dont think its that we dont care anymore. We KNOW they dont listen or pay attention, we are just proving that they don't for others who are blind.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Who else feels this way?

-raises hand-
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    I dont think its that we dont care anymore. We KNOW they dont listen or pay attention, we are just proving that they don't for others who are blind.

Ok i'll agree with u on that, but don't you think that the response from the rest of the people in the forums was a bit (understating) childish?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    In a way, but again.. people can only hold their tongue/frustration for so long. Im surprised forums didn't turn into this months sooner.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok i'll agree with u on that, but don't you think that the response from the rest of the people in the forums was a bit (understating) childish?

Almost as childish as the Mod/GM responses?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2010

i dont know who you are but this is the smartest post i have seen all week. thats exactly what this forum is right now, a zoo.