Options
2»

Comments

• Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Almost as childish as the Mod/GM responses?

Then again, there really haven't been, but i guess that was your point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ok i'll agree with u on that, but don't you think that the response from the rest of the people in the forums was a bit (understating) childish?

I agree with you.

You can "honor" (lol like they died or something) the people that were banned when they spoke out in a mature manner.

But don't raise up on a pedestal those who just flame, post ****, and in general act like children. Because guess what? Those people deserved their bans.

There are some very mature outspoken threads out right now, and I support them.

But these other pure flame threads... they're just going to make the GMs take us even less seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But these other pure flame threads... they're just going to make the GMs take us even less seriously.

Maybe that's why they have been "ignoring" us as everyone has been saying.

Edit: That new "unmentionable thread" that was just made is exactly my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In a way, but again.. people can only hold their tongue/frustration for so long. Im surprised forums didn't turn into this months sooner.

That was me.
    .-.
    But mental safeguards can only lasts so long.
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really do wish i had the courage to QQ about this game to, but i've spent to much time on this game considering me nearly not graduating the 7th grade.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Simple fact . If mods responded in a correct and responsible way these forums wouldnt have degraded in to what you call a zoo .

The Mods/GM's lost control because they are incapable of doing there job .

We all know the changes made we not acceptable to alot of people and people would rant about it but thats when you see how good a Mod/GM is in trying to calm the situation. They failed and failed badly imho.

Ignoring a situation in the hope it will go away very rarely works. Puting your hands over your eyes does not make the person standing in front of you dissapear.

Sadly because of there failings they wait till the situation gets totaly out of hand and leave them selves with no choice but to ban people.

People incapable of doing a job should NOT be doing that job. They obviously do not have the peoples skills required.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    DARK TEXT ON A DARK BACKGROUND. Oh yess.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i dont know who you are but this is the smartest post i have seen all week. thats exactly what this forum is right now, a zoo.

Smartest post of the week was:

I saw that.
    Grim
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    On the end are for those negative topics....responsible PWE inselft. With they game changes and how they react. I know you can't expenct from PWE, quality as you expect from top video game companys, but still PWI it's a millions $ business and for that amount of money i have expect more professionalism from them. I have play 2 other mmorpgs and have see there how dirty it have get when the game have start to loose population, on quality...with strange changes or lack of updates, but i didnt never see before that a company would have kidna chines style of democracy in international version, where mostly people coming from eu,us....With '' bullying '' potencial & customers, lock, move...topics which they don't wanna see...i bet with this, they do more dmg to they own company & repuration as many negative topics could do. I have really expect more from PWE, i quess this you can call '' lack of experience with international communities ''. I quess at last they starting to learn that ''international '' isn't china.
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In a way, but again.. people can only hold their tongue/frustration for so long. Im surprised forums didn't turn into this months sooner.

pretty much this
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have been playing since the beginning of 09, and i have grown to see this game get better and worse. Now i'm not sure what happened to make everyone at the moment, just go wild like this is a zoo, as there have been multiple things that has happened to make everyone here mad (packs, DQ, tw, whatever), but it has never gotten out of hand like this. People that have been here for a while, are now leaving (you guys will be missed, u know who u guys are :D). the forums have been trashed, all because of some post welcoming some new mods? Why did that one thing do what it is doing to the forums? There have been other worse things to complain about, and then we have the audacity to sit here and deflect it on other people (GM's/Mods)?! we all should be ashamed of ourselves. When they changed the TW in the game, did people snap and go crazy with these spam/unmentionable threads? No. What has happened to our fine little community that we know as PWI? It's sad to see people act like this, especially, i might add, over a game. I hope everyone has learned something from this, because it isn't just their fault, it's ours as well. We are the ones acting like children (not everyone), not them.

Edit: you can say what you want to this, it'll just be proving my point, and personally right now i really don't care anymore...

I can see where you're coming from, and I understand and feel what you've said.

I started playing PWI in 2008, and I've went back to it once or twice. EVERYTHING, not just this game, and not just games, change. Everything changes. Especially if you've left a place for a good while and when you go back to it you're like wdf happened. **** happens all the time, and to some people its not ****, and to some its ****. Nothing that PWE can do would please every single human alive here. Online games especially PWE in my opinion, always end up failing and people leaving or perhaps bankrupted or lost their real life or even committed suicide because of cash shop. That may sound OTT but its actually happening.

I'd say to change games or play a pay to play game instead, as there's no CS but donations. From my experience, I advise you to stay away from being too close to online people even if they worth a hell lot to you. Once the game itself go down hill, your folks' interest will also go down hill, and yours would also go down hill, and there's no other meaning to stay together if it weren't for the friendship. So, you end up spending necessary time in the game, and perhaps spending real money. In the end you both still need to walk your own paths, and change to another game - another life. I myself didn't want anything to change and stay the way it was, going back tot he past. But this is part of life. Not only human life moves on, but also games too.

Its hard to release that friendship, but if its true, you can always FB them, msn them or skype them; whatever. We just need to be flexible; don't grow too fond of one game. Because if the basket of eggs suddenly changes its stability, all eggs in the basket will break all at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm very disappointed in the way you take all this, almost like you don't care what happens/happened, but those who did like (past tense, that's better now) to play the game were either lied to, got screwed over by stuff CM/Mods/GMs said to give us false hope (like the DQ/TW threads).

Aryannamage was the last mod on here who was...ish half active (Didn't like her but meh) and when she quit, I believe some people had replacement mods in mind who would be more competent and had more ingame knowledge (and were maybe closer to the playerbase) then the previous ones.

This ofcourse was just a dream. We received 3 new mods (or so we thought we did.).

- Someone from the FW forums with little to no ingame experience at all.

- Some forum spammer who now has turned all "I'm a good guy now respect the rules" .

- Some 'unknown' player named ArcanumPrae.

About the first one, ChaoticShelly, well she made quite the intro here with this fabulous post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10412352&postcount=750

I don't think that needs much more explanation, people with 2 braincells can understand it.

About the last one whoever...that was the one thing that made hell break lose..

Frankieraye (Community Manager) explained to us (after it was discovered ofcourse, or else we probably would have never known) that ArcanumPrae was KonariRaiden (a former troll/moderator that mysteriously disappeared without anyone knowing why or how.)

The confession is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10411472&postcount=711

This 'confession' made the players realise that they were tricked, lied to, deceived and much more by the one person who should be a role model for the whole forum.

Now I don't know about you, but I personally would be pissed off if something like this (a situation like this) would happen to me in real life.

Now that's been said, I want another coffee to re-read it all again <.<

Yours sincerely,

Me.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]