Enjoy Forum Lockdown

2»

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I got a funny feeling that FR has resigned or even been fired....

Yea, its just....awkward thinking about that.

But then again, its the weekend, GMs aren't on....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only problem is that, people have tried posting in a calm and collected manner. Only to find that it does nothing, and nice guys finish last. I mean, after all this trash talking to the GMs, frankie can still come up trying to pass konari as a new mod. That in itself, I think, speaks volumes about their management.

That's why I personally preferred spoons. He was generally more open, had a larger presence on the forums, and actually dedicated his time to interacting with people. He was actually part of the community he was managing, and that's where I think people can relate.

I know there are great many discontent people who tried to voice their opinions in a professional matter like you are. Their posts have been ignored, or just told to wait.

Please try to understand that as a company, however, you cannot just take everyone's opinions when trying to create a product that serves a really wide range of consumers. It's not that nice guys finish last, it's that sometimes the nice guy's opinions doesn't fit into the mold of what makes the whole thing work.

Spoons was excellent. I've gotten prompt answers from him and he was always friendly, while still sticking to company rules and regulations.

But Spoons isn't here anymore, and the forums are under a new manager. It is still run by the players that visit however, and there is no excuse for the flames that went on, at least that's how I see it. Engaging in an all out war might end up in a win but it'll lead to much loss.

and the people that post just for laughs are ....
  • newmodsfailbad
    newmodsfailbad Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    But then again, its the weekend, GMs aren't on....

Smart aren't we ? b:chuckle
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I know there are great many discontent people who tried to voice their opinions in a professional matter like you are. Their posts have been ignored, or just told to wait.

Please try to understand that as a company, however, you cannot just take everyone's opinions when trying to create a product that serves a really wide range of consumers. It's not that nice guys finish last, it's that sometimes the nice guy's opinions doesn't fit into the mold of what makes the whole thing work.

Spoons was excellent. I've gotten prompt answers from him and he was always friendly, while still sticking to company rules and regulations.

But Spoons isn't here anymore, and the forums are under a new manager. It is still run by the players that visit however, and there is no excuse for the flames that went on, at least that's how I see it. Engaging in an all out war might end up in a win but it'll lead to much loss.

I don't mean that the calm and collected opinions necessitate change. Nothing of that sort. I understand that as a company, there are specific things you just can't do. PWE is not a charity, and I certainly don't expect it to be run like one.

However, when it comes to community management, that's largely based on interpersonal relationships, people skills, communication. Spoons, like we agreed, was I'd say, particularly good at that. I think it takes a considerable amount of skill to mingle with the community while staying within your boundaries as a company representative. I think that's something the current community manager can learn from.

And that's the starting point of my argument. That, in becoming more connected with the community, people will have less of a reason and urge to rage and spam. It would be nice to cut down this **** out of the goodness of our hearts, sit down and talk it out nicely. But being human, our patience is finite.

In my humble opinion, if they could just clean up their act a little, I'm sure it would bring about a positive turn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    not bothered to read posts, but ill respond to the OP with, even if they take out direct hyperlinks, the links them self will remain as its text, so its just a matter of a simple copy and paste b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't mean that the calm and collected opinions necessitate change. Nothing of that sort. I understand that as a company, there are specific things you just can't do. PWE is not a charity, and I certainly don't expect it to be run like one.

However, when it comes to community management, that's largely based on interpersonal relationships, people skills, communication. Spoons, like we agreed, was I'd say, particularly good at that. I think it takes a considerable amount of skill to mingle with the community while staying within your boundaries as a company representative. I think that's something the current community manager can learn from.

And that's the starting point of my argument. That, in becoming more connected with the community, people will have less of a reason and urge to rage and spam. It would be nice to cut down this **** out of the goodness of our hearts, sit down and talk it out nicely. But being human, our patience is finite.

In my humble opinion, if they could just clean up their act a little, I'm sure it would bring about a positive turn.

You speak truth :) I won't say anything more to a well expressed thought.
  • Mournbringer - Sanctuary
    Mournbringer - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Really what it comes down to is people will react to how you treat them. If you treat them openly and honestly, people will respond to that returning some of that respect, if you treat everyone like rageaholic brain-dead teenagers...they will respond to that as well, most likely by behaving like rageaholic brain-dead teenagers.