TW Pay is Coming Back?!

Comments

• Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Several people have already suggested the easy fix for TW. If you want vibrant and dynamic TW, then all you have to do is remove the silly 3-attack at once limit which artificially protects land-owning factions. All it does is act as a force multiplier to allow a slightly dominant faction to own many more territories disproportionate to its real strength. Remove the limit and the number of territories each faction owns would be directly proportional to its strength compared to the rest of the server.

Really, the only purpose of the rule seems to be to boost people's egos. With the unspoken side-effect being that it kills competition by creating an artificial barrier to entry - any faction has to be able to defeat at least 1/3rd of the dominating faction (best case) to have any hope of holding territory. Remove the rule and there will be less incentive for people to try to join the dominating faction, and more incentive for people to try establishing a new faction to win territory.

If they do that they should make level 4 and 5 factions as well

level 4: 300 people
    level 5: 500 people
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Serious discussions don't revolve around throwing insults every other sentence.
    He's always like that to the point I stopped bothering having serious arguments with him. You should've seen what big circus he made out of the "are coins items?" in some other thread.

And WTF is with the nirvana catshops lol... RT people have high levels who have a clue not to sell to catshops underpriced, not noobs like in LC who want the easy way out b:chuckle
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ^you really think people are happy with MIRAGES as a reward?

yes :3 helps fund our "refine yo shiznit" program 8D. that's good for people like me which get the following:
    Fail
    Fail
    Fail
    Fail
    Fail
    Fail
    +1
    Fail
    +1
    +2(HOLY ****)
    Fail
    Fail
    176 mirages later...
    +1
    +2 (OMGAWD)
    +3 (FINALLY!)
    *accidentally clicks again*
    Fail
    NOOOOOOOOO b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Eh....

TW really picked up on RT lately, but last weekend I would say it "officially" died. Started when we beat our "rival" I guess you can say, faction and took 1k after like, almost 3 hours. Next day we beat them in 20 minutes I think.

Now they no-show to our attacks and when they attack us their attendance is pretty pitiful, so, yea TW got better for a bit, but it kind of died out.

Would bringing back TW pay change this? I think so. inb4herpderpurgreedy, people need motivation to fight, plain and simple. Nobody enjoys giving something your all, trying as hard as you can, spending your money on charms, etc, and in the end getting next to nothing.

Now, will it happen? I've heard rumors of it but I've also heard rumors of claws and fists being made to be BM only and look at where we are now on that. Maybe if there was at least something on wanmei or whatever about it but, until I at least see that, I'm skeptical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes I was thinking the same thing, have all the wars at the same time instead of only 3 in one time slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    *edited*
    Insulting players is forbidden.
    Grim
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    He's always like that to the point I stopped bothering having serious arguments with him. You should've seen what big circus he made out of the "are coins items?" in some other thread.

And WTF is with the nirvana catshops lol... RT people have high levels who have a clue not to sell to catshops underpriced, not noobs like in LC who want the easy way out b:chuckle

i dont think you quite grasp whats going on here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    i dont think you quite grasp whats going on here.

He never does. He even argued that something was a glitch, he didn't even know what a glitch was until like 20 posts into his argument... He's the genuine deal, a true idiot.
  • Rat_Boy - Lost City
    Rat_Boy - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    *edited*
    Insulting players is forbidden.
    Grim
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Find it funny how the idiot are judging a server active or not by how many unactive player are in catshop..............
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    rat_boy by your logic, you are trying to appear intellectually superior to people arguing on the internet, are you not?

and circumventing the filters while you do it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    *edited*
    Grim
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Bull. I don't believe PWI would be so considerate. The only benefit they get are the players returning and the pocket money from TW charms.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Bull. I don't believe PWI would be so considerate. The only benefit they get are the players returning and the pocket money from TW charms.
    Makes sense really.

They probably planned on people having to cash shop to cover charm costs, only people just started showing up to TW uncharmed.

So now they're like, well at least with coins as a reward, gold will get used up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    I think the screens comparing server and us doing them have provided great entertainment.

Also we have found out Dark micheal is something of a ****, and RT has more players than Lost City.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    I think the screens comparing server and us doing them have provided great entertainment.

Also we have found out Dark micheal is something of a ****, and RT has more players than Lost City.b:cute

I'm an ***hole, I don't deny that. Your screens proved nothing. You also can't do a profit nirvana with nobody willing to buy raptures or uncannies. lol

Shows you how much high level activity there is there. b:chuckle

On a side note... gold is higher than ever. Eliminating TW pay hasn't done anything here... but pack sales sure have. /headspin

On another side note, since it's so hard for Borsuc to make money... try this:
    http://images.4chan.org/b/src/1285838157922.jpg
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    On a side note... gold is higher than ever. Eliminating TW pay hasn't done anything here... but pack sales sure have. /headspin

Amen.
    /10char
    edited September 2010

Oh yeah, they're a scam... they buy Uncannies at what, about 560k and Raptures at about 2.1m?

How much do your catshops pay for them there? Oh, they don't. lol
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Oh yeah, they're a scam... they buy Uncannies at what, about 560k and Raptures at about 2.1m?

How much do your catshops pay for them there? Oh, they don't. lol

You should know different servers develop different traditions.

IE where to set up cash shops, where such is sold, where the pk happens. As our server is young everyone still needs the crystals, no one doesn't need. Not having a million cat shops set up there means nothing, people just sell them at west and call it good. Most people are still farming their lunar or tt99. I know right now TT is a much better time investment than nirvana coin farming wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Michael, stop arguing and keep talking in the MSN party about the..
    Oh wait, I forgot, saying moderators is now a bannable offense in-forum and in-game.

Shoot, did I just say that out-loud?
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    MSN party?! QQ INVITE ME
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    MSN party?! QQ INVITE ME

What is it Ill invite you to it :o
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What is it Ill invite you to it :o

Lemme PM you b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Several people have already suggested the easy fix for TW. If you want vibrant and dynamic TW, then all you have to do is remove the silly 3-attack at once limit which artificially protects land-owning factions. All it does is act as a force multiplier to allow a slightly dominant faction to own many more territories disproportionate to its real strength. Remove the limit and the number of territories each faction owns would be directly proportional to its strength compared to the rest of the server.

Really, the only purpose of the rule seems to be to boost people's egos. With the unspoken side-effect being that it kills competition by creating an artificial barrier to entry - any faction has to be able to defeat at least 1/3rd of the dominating faction (best case) to have any hope of holding territory. Remove the rule and there will be less incentive for people to try to join the dominating faction, and more incentive for people to try establishing a new faction to win territory.

hmm i like this idea a ton could prob help my faction not get slaughtered as many times & have more fun lolb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    MSN party?! QQ INVITE ME

Too bad you missed out the best parts of it when Night and 1-2 others were on but its still a party
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    several People Have Already Suggested The Easy Fix For Tw. If You Want Vibrant And Dynamic Tw, Then All You Have To Do Is Remove The Silly 3-attack At Once Limit Which Artificially Protects Land-owning Factions. All It Does Is Act As A Force Multiplier To Allow A slightly Dominant Faction To Own Many More Territories Disproportionate To Its Real Strength. Remove The Limit And The Number Of Territories Each Faction Owns Would Be Directly Proportional To Its Strength Compared To The Rest Of The Server.

Really, The Only Purpose Of The Rule Seems To Be To Boost People's Egos. With The Unspoken Side-effect Being That It Kills Competition By Creating An Artificial Barrier To Entry - Any Faction Has To Be Able To Defeat At Least 1/3rd Of The Dominating Faction (best Case) To Have any Hope Of Holding Territory. Remove The Rule And There Will Be Less Incentive For People To Try To Join The Dominating Faction, And More Incentive For People To Try Establishing A New Faction To Win Territory.

+1

:d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    u all are pathetic tw charm users.
    edited September 2010

You do realize that any of the major TW guilds wouldn't even allow you to TW without a charm before the changes happened, right? lol
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    You do know that before the TW changes, that if you showed up to TW uncharmed my guild wouldn't even give you TW Pay?

Go pull a cata without a charm, see how it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2010

how is using charms pathetic? especially since tiger event has made charms free, why not use them?