TW Pay is Coming Back?!

Comments

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What I get from your post is that, you have a house over your head, some food in your fridge and a job, school or parents to leech off of... so of course, everything is fine and nothing is wrong. lol Take the blinders off and look out the window. There are homeless people in the world staving to death.

Just because you see something from your perspective doesn't mean all is fine and dandy.

b:bye

Serious discussions don't revolve around throwing insults every other sentence.

Harshlands (PvP)
    1,701 45,502

Lost City (PvP)
    1,330 38,155

Raging Tide (PvE)
    840 20,873

Looks like from threads / posts on the forums both Harshlands and Raging Tide are more active than Lost City.

DAMN Lost City is active

If TW is dead diamond aren't the main problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    WIu7v.jpg DAMN Lost City is active

Congrats, you can go on in the middle of the night USA when most people are asleep/doing other things and take a picture of few people outside west gate. pretty sure I could do that on any server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Congrats, you can go on in the middle of the night USA when most people are asleep/doing other things and take a picture of few people outside west gate. pretty sure I could do that on any server.

Random pic at a random time, if you guys want to go around calling my server half empty as opposed to yours, then how come our 90+ tournament even is more active?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Serious discussions don't revolve around throwing insults every other sentence.

Harshlands (PvP)
    1,701 45,502

Lost City (PvP)
    1,330 38,155

Raging Tide (PvE)
    840 20,873

Looks like from threads / posts on the forums both Harshlands and Raging Tide are more active than Lost City.

WIu7v.jpg DAMN Lost City is active

Base your claims on post counts? lol

Do I even need to address this?

b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Base your claims on post counts? lol

Do I even need to address this?

b:chuckle

YOu said half dead servers,

I said our forums are more active, then made a cleric alt and took a screenshot of something.

Sounds like the burden of proof is on you, also you troll these forums too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Random pic at a random time, if you guys want to go around calling my server half empty as opposed to yours, then how come our 90+ tournament even is more active?

I never said anything about your server, I just invalidated your method of proof.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What's it matter if servers are active? That wasn't the original point of the thread that I'm aware of.

But I don't think Tw pay is coming back, sadly. Doesn't seem like one of those 'trial run' things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
    edited September 2010
    YOu said half dead servers,

I said our forums are more active, then made a cleric alt and took a screenshot of something.

Sounds like the burden of proof is on you, also you troll these forums too much.

I did this just for you...

Since my alt on RT is a lvl 5 fishie, here's the Mysterious Old Man from Raging Tide compared to Lost City.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5268/rtlc.jpg

EDIT:

I just went out to west.... nice picture of the ground you took. I guess you don't realize most of the PvP on LC at west is in the air? This just taken:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/926/weste.jpg

Bye bye you idiot. b:chuckle
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Since my alt on RT is a lvl 5 fishie, here's the Mysterious Old Man from Raging Tide compared to Lost City.

EDIT:

I just went out to west.... nice picture of the ground you took. I guess you don't realize most of the PvP on LC at west is in the air? This just taken:

b:chuckle play nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    b:chuckle play nice

I'll play nice... wif u! b:sin
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Wow that's just pathetic for Raging Tide; 1 cat shop...must be a btch to make money f/ nirvana runs then. LC has what 5 shops that I can tell f/ that ss? It's a frigging maze at times dealing w/ all the kitty shops (almost all w/ damn near the same prices buying) on HT here to the point I HATE banking nirvana runs even though alot of ppl ask me tob:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'll play nice... wif u! b:sin

b:sad but i want you to play rough with me... not nice b:chuckle i can take it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Wow that's just pathetic for Raging Tide; 1 cat shop...must be a btch to make money f/ nirvana runs then. LC has what 5 shops that I can tell f/ that ss? It's a frigging maze at times dealing w/ all the kitty shops (almost all w/ damn near the same prices buying) on HT here to the point I HATE banking nirvana runs even though alot of ppl ask me tob:cry

I just looked at the original, there's 8 catshops in that picture. Sometimes there are more... this is a wed night, 10pm server time, so things are naturally a bit slower than they would be during the day or weekends.

Yeah, I can imagine.. I'm pretty sure that HT is far more active than LC. How many stalls do you usually have there?
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010

EDIT:

10 pm isn't exactly in the middle of the night.

No numbers do not mean fun or quality, and if TW on your server wasn't good enough to survive changes, then it wasn't good enough to begin with.

ykHoF.jpg

Good day sir
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    b:sad but i want you to play rough with me... not nice b:chuckle i can take it

*grabs you... holds you down and... oh wait... I better message you on skype xP

10 pm isn't exactly in the middle of the night.

No numbers do not mean fun or quality, and if TW on your server wasn't good enough to survive changes, then it wasn't good enough to begin with.

ykHoF.jpg

Good day sir

lol!

What an obscure place to take a snapshot of.

Why don't you go for south banker? Or 1k?

You should just take a picture of Ms Zoologist instead. lol
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    *grabs you... holds you down and... oh wait... I better message you on skype xP

lol!

What an obscure place to take a snapshot of.

Why don't you go for south banker? Or 1k?

You should just take a picture of Ms Zoologist instead. lol

Your screenshot is more obscure, but i'll play your game

OMG your right, LC has 2x the amount of ppl on it.

0l9qg.jpg

I happened to look at south banker about the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I just looked at the original, there's 8 catshops in that picture. Sometimes there are more... this is a wed night, 10pm server time, so things are naturally a bit slower than they would be during the day or weekends.

Yeah, I can imagine.. I'm pretty sure that HT is far more active than LC. How many stalls do you usually have there?

Well I just took a ss for ya at 1:15 am est/10:15 pm pst (game time) and I saw I think around 8 shops (at times I will see 10-15).

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv256/Rawthorne_pix/2010-09-3001-09-43.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    posting screen shots of glitch-equiped claws seems ill advised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010

submit ticket b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Since when did RT not have a big enough population? I've played in Lost City and Sanc, and the populations seem similar to me.

Oh and imo TW is dying on RT. Man thinks it is alive and well because he's leader of the biggest TW fac on the server, so of course everything seems normal in his bubble.
    The only facs that are doing TW are the same 4 or 5 that have always done TW.
    No big drama ever happens on RT, we just see the same caliber factions fighting eachother, taking land, then losing it again, over and over. No new facs have gotten land (or even declared a TW...) since the update, we've jus been recycling the same land over and over between the same facs...

Oh and judging server population off of forum post counts isnt a fair assesment.
    we -are- RT (raging trolls) after all arn't we? We have an oddly active forums.

And TW pay isnt coming back. And people are kidding themselves if they think this will ruin the game, and make it eventually die. Dont get me wrong, i hate tw changes, and this game, like all others, will eventually die. but it wont be for tw changes.

Everyday you can go to starter cities and see all the new accounts being made. These new players wont know what the old TW system was like, so they couldn't miss it, let alone be mad about it's removal.

And there will always be a core base of players that love the game no matter what, and will spend out the *** for the sake of getting the best possible expereince out of it.

One last point to end on: despite anything pwi says or trys to get you to believe, they are a COMPANY first, gaming site second. Players=$$$ and they're going to milk you for every cent you are worth. Removing TW removed a large chunk of game made coin, which cut into their own profits. Speaking in a pure business sense, undercutting your own profit margins by handing out coin ingame is just stupid, so they removed it.

If you disagree with any of that ^^ say it, dont flame it.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010

ikr

and if he wants to play that game lets see...

I took a lot of screenshots and the main thing I noticed is that your cat shops are dense around the center of west arch? must do wonders for Business there I bet
    LC has a lot of shops as well but quite spread out

Oh and I did go to west gate as well, and what did I see? Bluenames, bluenames everywhere, and only like 2 people that weren't blue, yeah real active pk scene you have going on...

West Center: RT LC

South Banker: RT LC

South Arch near AH: RT LC

West Arch Gate: LOL BLUE NAMES LC

These were all taken around 1:40 AM EST on a wednesday/thursday so a lot of people are probably sleeping, but still, you have no argument
    edited September 2010
    Your screenshot is more obscure, but i'll play your game

OMG your right, LC has 2x the amount of ppl on it.

0l9qg.jpg

I happened to look at south banker about the same.

Here's South Banker:
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4611/rtlcsb.jpg

I took a look at west, there's about the same amount of activity. RT has more in the crossroads, LC had more at west tele. I would call it even but here are the pics anyway:

West Tele:
    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1531/rtlcwt.jpg

Please... go to 1k?

Nirvana for RT was a joke, you have to admit that much. lol

I would do Crazy Stones and Bounty Hunter... your server has reset, ours hasn't... so that's not really anything to judge unless I take shots during the day or approximately the same time frame before/after server reset.

Oh and imo TW is dying on RT. Man thinks it is alive and well because he's leader of the biggest TW fac on the server, so of course everything seems normal in his bubble.

Thank you. That was my original point. I figured, from his aspect everything is going as it would. Of course, if he's the leader of the primary land owning faction, he would. Not much has changed except for the quality of the wars.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Are you two really wasting your time taking all these screenshots? b:chuckle
    it seems pointless to even waste your time trying to prove something like that over teh internets.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No big drama ever happens on RT, we just see the same caliber factions fighting eachother, taking land, then losing it again, over and over. No new facs have gotten land (or even declared a TW...) since the update, we've jus been recycling the same land over and over between the same facs...
    That was happening before the update too, it has nothing to do with it. Just all those noobish factions disbanded and people moved into more promising ones.

Actually we got Latinos starting to bid now, ijs.

The only bad thing about update were people raging at start especially those that were TWing for coins... but getting rid of those greedy people wasn't that bad of an idea if I think about it.

As usual the ones making the biggest fuss are Mike Dork and to a much lesser extend RedsRose, aka the Lost City gang.

You always act like a bunch of old people who complain about any change and can't adapt to anything new. Thinking you're superior to others too calling them idiots or morons, just like a grandpa. The fact you cling to PW MY shortenings and glitches so much also shows it even more. I suggest LC to be deleted and all data transferred to a PW MY server so the grannies can spare us of their BS everywhere.

@Deora: LOL complaining about blue names on a PvE server. Yeah sure PK activity is what defines the aliveness of a server even if it's PvE.

Just cuz you and prolly the rest of LC are obsessed with forced PK (not PvP... just normal PK since all other PvP events are on PvE servers too) doesn't mean other people don't want to play the game for their own fun in another way, ijs.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Are you two really wasting your time taking all these screenshots? b:chuckle
    it seems pointless to even waste your time trying to prove something like that over teh internets.

>Implying there is anything better to do at 2 am
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Why are you judging how active a server is, by how many people are standing around? b:laugh
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Why are you judging how active a server is, by how many people are standing around? b:laugh

Man started it with his stupid "NO U, LC IS DEAD" post

So we figured might as well show how wrong he is...

if anything the actual online number being posted by a GM would be a far better statistic...
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2010

exactly lololol
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Man started it with his stupid "NO U, LC IS DEAD" post

So we figured might as well show how wrong he is...

if anything the actual online number being posted by a GM would be a far better statistic...

I think a GM should post how many times each instance is run per day for far better statistic. Cause I for one canleave my account logged in indefinitely while afk. We know they can do it too because of the cube event.

What say you GM's? b:lipcurl
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Several people have already suggested the easy fix for TW. If you want vibrant and dynamic TW, then all you have to do is remove the silly 3-attack at once limit which artificially protects land-owning factions. All it does is act as a force multiplier to allow a slightly dominant faction to own many more territories disproportionate to its real strength. Remove the limit and the number of territories each faction owns would be directly proportional to its strength compared to the rest of the server.

Really, the only purpose of the rule seems to be to boost people's egos. With the unspoken side-effect being that it kills competition by creating an artificial barrier to entry - any faction has to be able to defeat at least 1/3rd of the dominating faction (best case) to have any hope of holding territory. Remove the rule and there will be less incentive for people to try to join the dominating faction, and more incentive for people to try establishing a new faction to win territory.