TW Pay is Coming Back?!

dragnone
dragnone Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
I've heard several rumors that TW pay has been restored in the other versions. Can any GM, moderator, or other forum-goer provide any evidence or confirmation that this is coming to us?

Thanks guys! <fingers-crossed>
Post edited by dragnone on

Comments

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    meh... its almost shameful now- so many have left, been banned over such a topic... too little too late
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    These are nothing but bull**** rumors. TW pay is still the same over on the Chinese servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • HuntingBears - Archosaur
    HuntingBears - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    screenshot?
  • dragnone
    dragnone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've heard the news from several sources now, but I can't read Chinese so I can't navigate the wanmei or Malaysian sites very well. If anybody can, is there any updated information on the TW system there?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    There has been rumors.

There has been talk.

No GM here will verify IF it will happen.

Just wait and see.

Does not matter anyways imo...what is done has been done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Never believe a rumor as fact until proven to be true.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't know. but i will cross anything.. even thingyy between.. in the hope of it coming back, lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    I don't know. but i will cross anything.. even thingyy between.. in the hope of it coming back, lol.

You really think it would help things at this point?

^ Serious question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ^you really think people are happy with MIRAGES as a reward?
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010

^ you missed the point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2010

I would LIKE to think it would help, but much of the damage to TW has been done. (imo)

LC TW's = Zzzz

Sanc at least still has more then a few every weekend
    ^ you missed the point

^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2010

^ Serious question

honestly i dont know. but cant imagine it would get worse tho. can only go one way when u hit the bottum.. atleast would help myself.. as the faction im in own all but 2 land.. so.. well yea lol..
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    eh who cares if damage has been done if the pay comes bck it will give my faction even more insentive to keep trying even when we geting rushlessly slaughtered over & over
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wasn't the reason that coin payment was taken out was because there are not enough coin sinks for those that dominate a TW map and to add some competition? Nefarious pretty much totally dominated the map on Sanctuary, but since the changes have gone in, there are still wars every weekend and the map is MUCH more colorful than it once was.

It seems that if they restored coin payment, that to maintain their "new balance" of coin sources/sinks, they will have to put some serious upkeep taxes on those that maintain lands... which of course doesn't change anything as far as net positive income for land-owners and will thus only generate more hate mail... why bother?

Yes, loads of people have quit, but new people are still pouring in and buying Zen... TW just doens't seem to matter to the bottom line of gaining revenues in US dollars or they'd have reversed gear 2-3 weeks after putting the changes in. Again, if you're in PWI's shoes and Zen purchases are as hot as ever, why would you mess with the in-game economy by putting TW coin payments back in when your "analysts" told you it was creating a game imbalance and they're sticking by their story?

I don't see any change coming, but rumors are always amusing to discuss! b:victory
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:laugh Actually my friends told me that, they not only gona bring TW pay back, they gona 2 x it to make up to the players, and it's true, I heared many people talking about it, it is so gona happen. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Too little, too late.

How many territories have just been handed over to the top one or two ruling factions on every server since the changes? The damage has already been done. Bringing back the pay will mean little to those that have already given up. Break your leg, then wait a month before going to see a doctor. It's going to take far more to fix things now than it would have if you had just gone in to get fixed when the problem arose.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    On one hand, it is important to note that TW pay is not so high that people get rich with it, I think I defended this strongly despite the fact that I was not in a landowning faction at the time. On the other hand, it is true that nevertheless, factions with TW pay does attract a lot of applicants. I think people of my server at least, need to look back at the times when one, or even two factions dominated the whole map. Despite the fact that the pay wasn't all that impressive compared to the expenditures, the psychological attraction was still enormous. People complained day in and day out about how TW was going to be ruined in this flawed system where all the best players converge into one guild for pay and the rest of the server has no interesting TW to speak of. I find it ironic that people complain about the same now, especially those on Sanctuary, when you can see that there are 5 factions owning land on the map at the moment.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • braintrust
    braintrust Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010

^ Serious question

I don't know about your Server but TW is alive and well on mine. We don't do it for greed, we do it for pride, glory, and 3 hours of intense competition. If your tw map is dead then blame it on yourselves.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Time to get real... serious

On PW MY tw pay is pathetic, coin prices are so inflated a scroll of tome is 2 billion + coins. Tw pay is not anything but a token of appreciation. 200 mil on the tw map is bid... semi regularly.

Dark micheal and roses red are kind of giving their server a bad name, tw if anything on RT got more exciting and competitive. It has never been for the monies but the love of the game. If the tiny tw pay made the difference for your server then your bad, and it is your servers problem. Again tw pay eventually after server matures is more of a small token of appreciation, and can't really compensate the coins you sink into charm apoth and gear.

Honestly comments like

"you really think it will help now"

People tw for pride, glory, and fun not diamonds or not the coins. So no i don't think too much damage has been done, maybe to my brain at watching people complain over nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2010

On PW MY tw pay is pathetic, coin prices are so inflated a scroll of tome is 2 billion + coins. Tw pay is not anything but a token of appreciation. 200 mil on the tw map is bid... semi regularly.

Dark micheal and roses red are kind of giving their server a bad name, tw if anything on RT got more exciting and competitive. It has never been for the monies but the love of the game. If the tiny tw pay made the difference for your server then your bad, and it is your servers problem. Again tw pay eventually after server matures is more of a small token of appreciation, and can't really compensate the coins you sink into charm apoth and gear.

Honestly comments like

People tw for pride, glory, and fun not diamonds or not the coins. So no i don't think too much damage has been done, maybe to my brain at watching people complain over nothing.

ON PW-CN gold only 230 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Honestly comments like

Someone give this Man a medal. He understands. b:thanks

P.S. So everyone knows...this whole TW pay being given back on the CN servers is a bold-faced lie. Asked someone who plays on there. TW pay has not been given back nor are there any announcements about it. QQ moar plz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited September 2010
    sensless stuff from a person from a half-emty server

First, you're an idiot. So are you Eoira.

I actually monitered the TW changes thread and the various forum threads for both positive and negative comments about TW after the changes here.

After going through and reading as well as re-reading ALL the comments in the TW Changes Thread... both of them... over 3000 posts... as well as checking in on each server's sub forums, my unbaised, researched conclusion was that the changes have broken TW for a majority of the players.

Before you sprout off like morons, at least go through and read ALL of the posts in the stickied thread, as well as many of those in the thread that got buried and come to your own conclusion as to how it's affected PW in general, not on your half-empty non-factor servers.

Go away now or I shall taunt you a second time.

Or you can read the posts here and here, then you can come back and we can have a real discussion.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Idk on HT tw bids have been about the same so i dont see it dying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    tw on dreamweaver is kinda nearing its last few breaths. and bidding sometimes even results in bans if ur faction isnt top 4. top 5 faction is apparently bannable lol. but old tw pay system would be quite nice. much nicer than mirages. lol
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I still say mirages r much more prettier then coins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    True story, they should add an option to add a certain amount of mirages to your fashion to make it all sparkly and glittery b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    True story, they should add an option to add a certain amount of mirages to your fashion to make it all sparkly and glittery b:cute

I want to be able to build things with mirages. Mirage fortresses would be ftw
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    First, you're an idiot. So are you Eoira.

I actually monitered the TW changes thread and the various forum threads for both positive and negative comments about TW after the changes here.

After going through and reading as well as re-reading ALL the comments in the TW Changes Thread... both of them... over 3000 posts... as well as checking in on each server's sub forums, my unbaised, researched conclusion was that the changes have broken TW for a majority of the players.

Before you sprout off like morons, at least go through and read ALL of the posts in the stickied thread, as well as many of those in the thread that got buried and come to your own conclusion as to how it's affected PW in general, not on your half-empty non-factor servers.

Go away now or I shall taunt you a second time.

Or you can read the posts here and here, then you can come back and we can have a real discussion.

I think your angry because people are disagreeing with you.

If you want to have a serious discussion about it then go here here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I want to be able to build things with mirages. Mirage fortresses would be ftw

Fashion is better b:cute Speaking of which, all LC people sell me white dyes .-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Hey, TW isn't dead. I'm just a single person on a single server in my own little world.... everyone is stupid, nothing is wrong

What I get from your post is that, you have a house over your head, some food in your fridge and a job, school or parents to leech off of... so of course, everything is fine and nothing is wrong. lol Take the blinders off and look out the window. There are homeless people in the world staving to death.

Just because you see something from your perspective doesn't mean all is fine and dandy.