My early impressions as a (herc) veno.

Options
Ao - Raging Tide
Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I have always wanted to get a herc and decided to reroll a veno after finally getting all 9999 SoF. Having played for a long time it wasn't difficult to level her to 40+ in less than a week and I really like her a lot not because of her herc, but because of her skills and the wonderful class itself.

First of all, although this is in no way connected with herc, I noticed that the attitude toward my veno is totally different (psy is my main). This might be the case with any female char tho, but any time I login with veno I feel like people have special attitude just because my char is female. D: Every day at least 5 random people (MALE!) PM me saying ''your cute'', ''if you need help with anything just let me know'', or ''do you have a bf?''. Others don't wait at all and quickly jump into flirting and trying to impress me. Once a very persistent stalker, claiming to be a friend was constantly asking me about my interests and such, so I decided to let him know I was male in RL and asked him if his attitude toward me would change if he knew I was actually a dude. He said no, and has never PMed me since then. b:laugh

After getting herc (I was around 20) and started levelling him I experienced what probably most venos had.

Case #1: I'm in Heroes Tomb, trying to find a squad for Qingzi and asking for one in common chat. Person X says ''why don't u let ur hurc tank it for u hun'', adding sarcastic sweatdrop tiger smiles. I replied that he was still too low to do that and continued to look for squad.

Case #2: Again in Heroes Tomb, in almost a full squad for Qingzi I decided to start clearing while waiting for the others since I was already there. This is what happens:

XX: how about waiting for everyone else?
Me: I'm just clearing ^^
XX: ...yourself off floor?

I was stunned at first. Then I politely explained that clearing saved time and thus everyone would benefit from it as long as I wasn't killing Qingzi. It seems this person didn't like the fact herc could handle 5 and more mobs at the same time.

Case #3: I was grinding outside Archo and suddenly unknown person XXX whispers me: ''fu.ck you cser'' o.O I had my proxy visuals turned on, so I'm pretty sure I didn't KS anyone's mob or anything. I looked around and there was no one. b:shocked For a moment I felt as if I had some serious issues indulging in the unholy deed of cashshopping. 0.o

Case #4: I'm grinding once again and person XXXX whispers me: ''wow it must have cost a lot... you must be filthy rich'' O.O (Ummm actually, no.) I put follow on nickname because I wanted to check if the person in question was a veno too, but they were gone too fast.

Case #5: Person XXXXX is looking for more people for his or someone else's FB29 and I PMed him with my class and levlel. He asked if I had a herc and I said no, because I wanted to see his reaction. He didn't invite me and continued to search for more people. Funny thing is that I have a herc veno that is actually trying to fight discrimination against non-herc venos and that is still being hated.

Am I taking it too seriously or do people really harbour strong hatred toward herc venos (possibly mostly other venos among all other classes)? Do venos have to hide their herc in order to win someone else's respect? Or are all of these people just lame kids who can't afford a herc and are being jealous? The examples above were actual PMs in game and none of them were made up. Surely random e-tards PMing you should be regarded as laughable and something that everyone should just bypass with a smile, but why is it making me sad instead? I want to know if other people have experienced the same thing because I can't deny it is bugging me a bit. And keep in mind all this happens for less than a week and the PMs I have cited are a small part of all the PMs I have received.

I got herc because I have always wanted one and I got it for my personal needs only, I intend to level him and farm instances one day like every veno who has him, even maybe start saving some coins for a nix too at some point in the future. Why does it seem to some people that I only got herc to show off and to rub it in their face all the time, the fact that I have the herc they don't? I would appreciate anything you have to say on this matter. I'm not a qq person but really couldn't help it this time... b:surrender b:surrender
Post edited by Ao - Raging Tide on

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's terrible that some people actually wont invite other venos to squads if they don't have a herc.
    Though that's what friends are for.
    :)
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, I only see it from the outside, and I routinely ignore the chat window due to lack of usefulness, but almost always when I see a message there from someone looking for a Veno, they want a Herc Veno. How is this "hatred"? I don't quite get it...

Sure, I never tried replying to a message that only looked for "Veno", but I'm pretty sure they'll either want a herc Veno and just didn't waste the letters to spell it out, or they'll take one over a non-herc anytime.

As for the richness --- getting a herc is $200. Doesn't matter whether you decided to waste $200 on a boring MMO"RP"G --- buying one with ingame money is still the equivalent of $200, which I guess is a lot of ingame money. If that doesn't scream "rich" all over you, I don't know what would.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Am I taking it too seriously or do people really harbour strong hatred toward herc venos (possibly mostly other venos among all other classes)? Do venos have to hide their herc in order to win someone else's respect? Or are all of these people just lame kids who can't afford a herc and are being jealous? The examples above were actual PMs in game and none of them were made up. Surely random e-tards PMing you should be regarded as laughable and something that everyone should just bypass with a smile, but why is it making me sad instead? I want to know if other people have experienced the same thing because I can't deny it is bugging me a bit. And keep in mind all this happens for less than a week and the PMs I have cited are a small part of all the PMs I have received.

It's because your veno was only 4x. If you were 100+ with a Lunar weapon and all it would not be considered a big thing. But since it costs 80m it's not very affordable at those levels (though not impossible either). Lower levels don't always consider you could have a higher level main.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Didn't experience those things when I got my herc, because when I bought him, I kept him a secret til 60. So from lvl41, no one hardly saw him out. I didn't want any kind of negative feelings thrown at me or begged to tank stuff I couldn't tank yet.

For case 1; Herc can tank quinzi fine at about lvl45. It's gonna be a long long long fight but you will win.

Case 2; Expect to meet some truely new players who are not exposed to that kind of play style yet.

Case 3; He didn't mean ks..he meant exactly what he saod. cser= cash shopper. I don't get a lot of hate for this..or any at all. Herc is played out.

Case 4: 200bucks or 80million. As already stated, a lvl1 isn't going to have that kind of coin unless from a main lol, and you can't use the shop til lvl10.

Case 5: That shouldn't happen at the lvl...-.-. Btw, DONT let other venos ASSUME they are not good unless they have a herc. A herc veno seems to be a depressing sight to most non venos. I'm pretty sure my friend quit her veno because I had a herc - she just wont come out and say it.

..it is the non herc venos that get some hate. gotta look out for them.

One important thing to remember >_>. Herc makes others stupid in squads.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    inb4non-HercvsHercveno

At lower levels Hercs always look more expensive to everybody else. The chances are the people who are being sarcastic or relatively hateful out of either spite or jealousy don't have higher level characters. A level 40 veno cannot afford 9999 SoF without help from a main or through cash shopping.

People with higher level mains in 7x and above won't bother you, because they're starting to learn that getting money isn't as hard as it seems (or at least it never used to be) because you can farm instances and you start getting relatively good amounts of coin per hour if you grind properly.

That's all it is. It's lower level noobs who are probably spiteful out of jealousy because at level 40 the fact of the matter is no veno can afford a Hercules without cash shopping or getting a lot of help. In it's own way, you also do have to be rich to get a Herc. Keep in mind that 60 million coins is a lot of money to some people, no matter what they're level is.

Don't worry about it. Just remember it won't necessarily get better. People will stop biting at you for being rich or having a Herc, but by about 7x, if a non-Herc venomancer is in the same squad as you for something like BH, they're probably going to not pull their weight and let you do every single job of a venomancer ever as if they weren't a veno. If you're anything like me, by 8x, you'll have started to pretend you don't have a Hercules if around squads with other venomancers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think it's just people's laziness so they can rely on the herc so much that they ask for a herced veno in most squads. Sure, herc does make things smoother but it really depends on the veno who plays.

Normally, I use my Kowlin as my main pet when I do BH since it's my debuffing pet. Most casters found it more useful than me sending out my herc since the barb or BM tanks anyways.

Although one thing that I still laugh about is when people QQ because I used a nix in duels and then they suddenly call me "noob". I don't think it's considered cheating just because a nix is a legendary pet. I spent all my coins on it and took my time doing offers for it, so I think I have every right to use it.

Just my two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think the most hatred towards Venos with Hercs is from other Venos that doesn't have Hercs, and feel that they don't have the money or time to get one.

On the other hand, hatred towards Venos without Hercs comes from other people, that feel Venomancers should get Hercs only to cater the other people's needs.

The only reason I don't like Hercs is because a lot of people I know have developed some kind of "God-complex" only because they have a Herc. For example; "I knew you would ask me if I needed BH, because I have a Herc". Or they get too dependant on the Herc to do everything for them, and no other pet can tank stuff, for example; "I haven't done my lvl 79 culti, because I can't get my Herc underwater to tank Ru Ci".

And also:
    Case #3: I was grinding outside Archo and suddenly unknown person XXX whispers me: ''fu.ck you cser'' o.O I had my proxy visuals turned on, so I'm pretty sure I didn't KS anyone's mob or anything. I looked around and there was no one. b:shocked For a moment I felt as if I had some serious issues indulging in the unholy deed of cashshopping. 0.o

"cser" is a word people use when they are jealous that someone has something they can't get, and it's possible to obtain through the Boutique. The actual abbreviation means Cash-shopper.
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That behavior is mostly just from lower levels. People like that will fail to reach higher levels and you won't have to put up with them any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is not an issue that has anything to do with the actual herc debate, but rather is about sheer noobishness and stupidity. Anyone trying to make you feel bad about what pet you have chosen or being hostile to you for such reason, has a rotten attitude and you're better off blacklisting such people. There are no two ways about it, this is rude, ignorant behaviour.

Unfortunately this seems to have become an unavoidable side to playing veno. Trust me, unherc'ed venos get more than their fair share of discrimination and unearned hostility. Especially since even people specializing in other classes (and with no actual knowledge of how to play a veno) seem very willing to take sides on this.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using an herc, it is without a doubt an awesome pet and has unmatched capabilities. Having an herc is no more a sign of being a bad player than not having one. I welcome herc'ed venos in the squads i'm in just as much as unherc'ed, their skill level and posible contributions to a squad (other than in a handful of scenarios) have nothing to do with what pets they've chosen. Yes, an herc'ed veno can solo a large part of the game's content, i'm talking about squads.

This is unfortunately what our inability to reach consensus as a comunity has brought us to. All the arrogance and entitlement of some players (once again, many not even venos) has provoked others to retaliate with hostility. The end result is you now have to expect to be mistreated no matter what pet you choose.

An herc is a sizable investment, but should allow venos who CHOOSE to make it great oportunities. I'm not talking about more efficient grinding/farming but about being able to substitute roles and classes that for whatever reason may not be available to a squad. Having a herc in a squad should be something of a treat, and not a duty for venos as unfortunately it seems to have become for many. Until the larger part of the player base is once again reminded games are suposed to be fun, and that they have no bussiness messing with how people gear their chars, other than perhaps a minimum competence standard, things are likely to continue their present course.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That behavior is mostly just from lower levels. People like that will fail to reach higher levels and you won't have to put up with them any more.
    I thought the same thing of a pure axe veno with no fox/human magic skills or even having a magic weapon to switch to (yet having a herc) -- I saw them in a FF much later on to my dismay..
  • Thistle_grey - Sanctuary
    Thistle_grey - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, for all you non-Herc venos out there, I appreciate you! A Herc is a nice addition but any veno to me is a great addition to a squad. You'll never see me turn down the help of one. Also, if I'm in a non-faction squad and someone kicks the veno for a Herc veno, they'll have to see how good that Herc will heal when the cleric leaves. Heck even in a faction squad I'd get mad unless the new veno was in the faction and the old one wasn't. Then I'd have to run the instance twice to help the other veno if they still needed it.
    "Imagination is more important than intelligence."
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, I only see it from the outside, and I routinely ignore the chat window due to lack of usefulness, but almost always when I see a message there from someone looking for a Veno, they want a Herc Veno. How is this "hatred"? I don't quite get it...

For FC yes, but here I meant just random people who see me grinding and probably think I'm a rich cashshopper.
    As for the richness --- getting a herc is $200. Doesn't matter whether you decided to waste $200 on a boring MMO"RP"G --- buying one with ingame money is still the equivalent of $200, which I guess is a lot of ingame money. If that doesn't scream "rich" all over you, I don't know what would.

I agree on that one but people still have a different idea of someone being rich and IMO a herc is not always a sign of a rich person. It can also be a sign of someone who is patient and actually put great effort and time and saved their coins. I might have as well farmed all the coins I need to buy herc for the sole period of 2 years, how about that. Plus I'm sure that people spend way too much money on things they actually don't need (in RL as well) and that's much more than $200. It's just what they decide to spend their money on. That's why I think herc is not necessarily indicative of a super rich owner because really I'm not (speaking for myself). I admit I did buy all the packs from boutique but not all at once.
    Btw, DONT let other venos ASSUME they are not good unless they have a herc. A herc veno seems to be a depressing sight to most non venos. I'm pretty sure my friend quit her veno because I had a herc - she just wont come out and say it.

Herc is not what makes a veno good and I believe everyone knows this. >.>
    I don't look from high above at non-herc venos but for some reason people assume by default that I do. If only people knew having a herc did not automatically make you snobbish. All herc venos I know are very down to earth actually, it's just the other people that think they think too highly of themselves. This kind of attitude is exactly what bugs me. I'm sure that the herc ones that have developed the "God-complex" are a very limited number of people, just as person XX thinks he is the best BM on the server. Probably it's not the herc itself that is the source of the problem as MANray said, but rather something else. I can add Case #6 ''OMGG you have the lollipop dress!!'', still the same thing (happened yesterday). It's the other people thinking of herc as too grandiose or idk how to call it.

This first week of my veno life was kinda frustrating and I thought that if all herc venos went through this oh wow, they had their cross to bear. Most people I know got theirs around 60-80 so that might explain why they didn't experience the same frustration. But still, the other characters I had before have all received better treatment from strangers and I thought there was something weird. b:cold
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I thought the same thing of a pure axe veno with no fox/human magic skills or even having a magic weapon to switch to (yet having a herc) -- I saw them in a FF much later on to my dismay..

haha I never understood the point of the axes.... a heavy veno with a magic weapon can out damage a axe veno any day in fox form.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I love herc venos.

b:cute

Gives me a chance to DD.

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I might have as well farmed all the coins I need to buy herc for the sole period of 2 years, how about that.
    Raging Tide server hasn't been online for anywhere near that amount, so it's obvious why people can't assume this. b:chuckle
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    >_> Honestly, hercs are, at best, back up tanks. Sure, they are great for tanking most bosses, but they can't keep aggro to save anyone's lives. And, even if they manage to keep aggro off of anyone else, they run the risk of getting heavily debuffed and buying the farm, anyway. On the plus side, if you are in TT, they can tank the bosses fairly easy, most of the way. =P

On a side note, a lvl 30 veno can farm for roughly two months and have enough for either of the legendary rug rats. Sure it's boring and you'll wanna kill yourself as violently as possible, but it's almost worth it. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Raging Tide server hasn't been online for anywhere near that amount, so it's obvious why people can't assume this. b:chuckle

Yeah but generally speaking it is possible if you are stubborn. =P
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I love herc venos.

b:cute

Gives me a chance to DD.

b:dirty

I was gonna say something, then I saw that you're a cleric.

On the other hand my cleric friend can easily rip aggro from my herc.
  • wildwolfrider
    wildwolfrider Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I must admit that when I see a low lvl veno with a herc, I generally don't think of it as a good thing. My main is a herc veno, so I really don't have any issues with hercs at all.

BUT, I didn't get the herc until she was in her 70s, and what I learned by grinding and working with free pets has greatly improved my ability to work with the herc itself. So, when I see a low lvl veno with a herc, my main thought isn't 'omgwtf, ewwwww cash shopper'. Instead, I am very very skeptical about the player's knowledge of the class, since I have run into more then enough lower lvl venos with hercs who just drag entire rooms and wipe the party because 'the herc can take it'.

So, that attitude may be part of what you are running into, and that will slowly go away as you level. AND if you actually are a good veno, then hey bonus!

Oh, and as to the flirting: um, yeah....that's pretty much part of playing a female toon, esp at low lvls. Just go fox and it goes away most of the time b:chuckle
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    some points;

1-yeah honey, there is always different attitude toward you depending on your gender. everywhere.guys sometimes dont notice it in RL. unfortunate but whats more unfortunate is, in this game, a lot of ppl playing female chars (male or female IRL) abuse the power of bouncy **** and boast about how they got some egg head to give them a piece of fash or a mount or coin.. pretty sad for both genders.

2-i dont understand the cash shopping hate. non cash shoppers can play because of the cash shoppers and also THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PAYING FOR ENTERTAINMENT- and its optional too.. you pay for a night out at the movie, you pay for drinks at a bar,you pay for a concert but you wont pay for this game? which i think ppl spend more time playing than going to the movies or what not. a movie or a concert lasts aprox 2 hours. how many hours does the average player spend on this game per day? anyway back to the point; not everybody buys their herc through cash shopping but even if you did, its nobodies business.
    [edit: i exclude the whole "too early for herc, learn to play your class" issue. obviously one needs to learn to play ones class, but not all cash shoppers are fail venos or fail clerics or fail sins or whatever. and after all herc is also just a pet like every other pet, it doesnt automatically teach the player how to best lure or solo or tank with a bunch of archers and sins in the squad.]

3-as a herc veno myself i completely support you on fighting discrimination against non-herc venos. i ve done the same a couple of times myself.

epilogue:
    veno s an awesome class to play, my fave. and people expect too much of a veno or get annoyed or jealous of watching a herc veno grind a lot of mobs at a time. (i had some wierd stuff happen to me like ppl coming up watching me grind for a while than stun me so i d be killed by mobs, or just killing my herc over and over when i was trying to lvl it.) but its not just venos. its just some ppl. its not that people are hard on venos, its that people like to blame others. every class has its complaint like clerics qq about being treated like slaves, barbs are sick of being blamed of not holding aggro when other ppl dont have damage control. herc veno has the awesome bonus of looking rich enough to attrack jealousy with a herc.
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    uhm Im surprised often I read these kind of stories in this forum.

Im a Veno,I played almost a Year with this char and yet I don't have an Herc(And not planning to get one),and yet,only about 2% of times I get in a BH squad I got the question if I got an Herc or not,roughly about 10 times in an entire year.

Off course when you try to get into an FCC squad its 80% time I get this question and still I got miraculous into FCC squads(And still can tank 3/4 of all bosses).

AND if someone makes a fuss because herc should tank some Bosses(In FCC),I just say:Well then,I'll give 100k to Barb for repairs to tank these bosses,problem solved.

Also I don't see much the point of having an Herc

BH29:BM/Barb/Wiz/Psy/Cleric/Archer/Veno(Not the pet) can Tank
    BH39:BM/Barb/Sin/Archer can Tank
    BH51:BM/Barb/Sin(Fushma only),can Tank
    BH59:Anyone but close range Sin can tank
    BH69:BM/Barb can Tank HERC Can't Tank not Pole or Nob
    BH79:Again,anyone can tank except for Stygen
    FCC:Most can tank most bosses

So uhm,what's this big problem on tanking?,in most BHs you don't even need a BM or Barb to tank and they asking for a Herc?,its stupid,it would be a pain to hold agro especially at 80+ and letting an Herc tank when you got overpowered DDs with Jones Blessing its a suicide.

Herc its just a fat dude to me useful in critical situations and in TTs(But not anymore 3-x),and its not worth getting for me.

Also for playing a Female Character,I have tons of Alts(Female),and wow I don't known your server but last time someone told me Im cute was like 10 months ago(And no,my alts are pretty b:cute ),and I bought em nice fashions too,and yet I almost never seen someone acting like a"Big Man",with me.
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Also for playing a Female Character,I have tons of Alts(Female),and wow I don't known your server but last time someone told me Im cute was like 10 months ago(And no,my alts are pretty b:cute ),and I bought em nice fashions too,and yet I almost never seen someone acting like a"Big Man",with me.

Come to HT there's plently of them here to go around b:bye
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i prefer herc venos cuz now with hypering, more often than not most people dont know how to play their classes. hercs just barely make up for a noob veno's lack of skill. a non-herc noob veno tho, is just useless. as is with any other class that's completely noob
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It,s not the Pet alone which makes a good Veno its how u play your class and use your skills
    Yes a herc can grind more mobs and tank just about all the bosses that but its not be all and end all of things

Yes both Herc venos and Non Herc venos both cop alot BS in many differnt ways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have a f2p friend that level his glacial walker up and bought the phy def and mag def buffs the herc has for it.

You'd be surprised what he can do with that pet. (also it cost 30% of the herc's cost :X)

But the ignorant "herc'd veno only" people never give him a chance to show them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHainekoX - Dreamweaver
    XHainekoX - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Im a non herc'd veno,and i never will get one,i grudge spending that amount of money on a game,but that doesnt mean i have anything against it.
    Ive never had anyone hating on me because im not herc'd,but i have on occasion had people asking me if i am or not...and okay ill admit...ive not gotten into squads because of it,but it doesnt bother me.And ive never hated herc'd venos either. (my best friend is a herc veno)
    I have a Crystaline Magmite and an Armoured bear,and i do just fine.Im sure id have more money if i had a herc,but i can solo TT 1-1 - 1-3 with my pets,which is good enough for me.b:chuckle Ive never tried any other TTs yet lol.
    I think like some people have said before,in SOME cases,people looking for herc venos are just being lazy because of their skills...buttt...a herc veno is always handy to have. The one thing i hate about it is sometimes if im teamed up with my best friend who has a herc,sometimes im on 'herc healing duty' so she can DD,and i have to heal her herc. Which is totally boring for me. But if it helps,i do it anyway lol.

As for the flirting,it happens im afraid lol. More often than not in City of the Lost..for some reason theres a lot of them there,guys and woman who flirt with venos..kinda annoying sometimes b:chuckle

Anyway...who cares what other people think.Enjoy your character,and enjoy the game.b:victory
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think that every veno should have a herc at level 100+ but...........

saying you need a herc veno for FB29? That's kind of stupid IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Once i did the fb19 in solo,the tabber was a herc veno. After she saw the assassin (i was 7x) she liked it so much that choosed to give up the veno and reroll the assassin, she just said "i don't care,my dad is rich" b:chuckle

By the way,i enjoy my veno,really it's a fun class and it's more funny than my sin at same lvl (now 6x),i don't have herc but the glacial walker do the job whitout problems (i use seamonster guardian too,no one like that pet but i love how it look :D)

I belive that the herc it's worth just if a player prefer the solo play,indeed it help,it's much better than glacial walker,but in squad's situations it's almost the same since in frost will tank who can keep the aggro and same situation will be found in bh79/89 (did yesterday a frost whit a lvl 95 "glacial-veno" and was almost the same,if not the same)

P.s: Yes,often i get PMs from guys who want to have me as gf or else...lucky me they leave me alone when i say i'm a boy b:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Like it has been stated this behavior is mostly at low levels since a level 40 Venomancer simply cannot buy a Hercules with in-game coins unless she has a high level main character or friends to help (most likely high level as well). At later levels it's becomes something usual and at levels 90+ it's almost taken for granted

I'm completely neutral towards what pets each Venomances uses. Sure, if they ask whether the pet is good, if there's a better pet etc. I'll happily guide them with as much experience as I have gained but I will never crticise the fact that they chose to use this and that pet. I tamed the lvl85 Ninetail Firefox because it's cute even though there are much much better pets than it.

When I see a low level Venomancer I don't think about how they got it but I'm worried that they might turn out into bad players. Let's face it, the Hercules makes people lazy. I've seen low level Venomancers standing in the middle and sending their Hercules to fight the mobs for them. It makes you feel safe, you forget (or never learn) your survival skills and believe you can do anything....

I've been playing this game for almost two years and only recently, September 2010, I finally bought a Hercules. Since my pets couldn't offer me the same amount of safety a Hercules can I had to learn how to survive because the pets died a lot of times. I loved the class itself I tried to learn to play it well so I can reach the limits as well as try different builds and playstyles. I learnt how to use and command my pets because I had to so now I can use my Hercules well.

I wasn't planning on getting the Hercules either. Back then it was just a luxury but later when I came back in the game after a 5-month break (due to school) I saw how everybody was obssesed with Hercules. People ended up relying on it way too much. People who claim that "We can't kill the boss unless a Hercules tanks" and people who expect the Herc'd Venomancer to do everything is what pisses me off because non-herc'd Venomancers are rejected for silly reasons and because everybody is lazy. All they want is to rush through the levels, reach endgame and quit the game. It's not reaching the endgame...it's what to get through in order to reach there.

Then there's the jealous people which often comes from non-herc'd Venomancers that simply makes things worse but I think most people have explained already the reasons of this hate. I'm not embarrassed to admit that at some point I had developed a hate towards the Herc'd Venomancers. That was pretty much when I came back after my long break. I was then lvl 80, as I had left my Desdi. Hercules was so demanded and the fact that so many people asked me or expected me to have one bothered me a bit but when I saw how unskilled most of the Herc'd Venomancers I had squaded with were it pissed me off how people would choose them over me. Of course, I'd have to prove them that I'm skilled but let's not get into details. I realised however that so many players of all classes had become so unskilled due to these BHs/Hypers/etc. which made me understand better what's going on (heh that's the price you have to pay for being gone for so long). By the time I started playing regularly again (in the summer) I had became completely neutral towards Herc'd Venomancers. I realised it's the other people who make such a fuss about it.

Personally, I ended up buying the Hercules for my own needs as well. I simply got tired of having to rely on others to do some quests/bosses and now I can help my friends more and that was in fact the reason the Hercules was released in my opinion. Some people prefer to play solo and having a Hercules is just perfect for them. Hercules was not meant to be the tank of the squad (look at the bosses with those horrible debuffs... how bad pets are at keeping aggro...how there are air & water bosses..).

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options

Then there's the jealous people which often comes from non-herc'd Venomancers that simply makes things worse but I think most people have explained already the reasons of this hate. I'm not embarrassed to admit that at some point I had developed a hate towards the Herc'd Venomancers. That was pretty much when I came back after my long break. I was then lvl 80, as I had left my Desdi. Hercules was so demanded and the fact that so many people asked me or expected me to have one bothered me a bit but when I saw how unskilled most of the Herc'd Venomancers I had squaded with were it pissed me off how people would choose them over me. Of course, I'd have to prove them that I'm skilled but let's not get into details. I realised however that so many players of all classes had become so unskilled due to these BHs/Hypers/etc. which made me understand better what's going on (heh that's the price you have to pay for being gone for so long). By the time I started playing regularly again (in the summer) I had became completely neutral towards Herc'd Venomancers. I realised it's the other people who make such a fuss about it.

Real sorry you had to experience that.. I've been doubted a lot in the game too even with my herc. And so much that I was going to quit the game. Remember that topic I made about bh/fb69? I had to solo that because my friend thought I could not do it for both of us - and went ahead and got it done without me. So I went there...me and herc vs ALL of the dungeon..and on to the big man in himself. Got it done.. Later on I took her to finish 20x3. Just me and her, the entire point was to show her I can do it and can do it well. Others will let her down.. but I wont.

I don't consider myself "good" but "average" and I've learned what I know, by observing other venos(now I know how to handle myself in TT >_>;) and reading things in the veno forum..
    Personally, I ended up buying the Hercules for my own needs as well. I simply got tired of having to rely on others to do some quests/bosses and now I can help my friends more and that was in fact the reason the Hercules was released in my opinion. Some people prefer to play solo and having a Hercules is just perfect for them. Hercules was not meant to be the tank of the squad (look at the bosses with those horrible debuffs... how bad pets are at keeping aggro...how there are air & water bosses..).

That's why I bought him too.