Capes....

Options
2»

Comments

• Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    Scarlettie - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If the devs wanted helms and capes to be visible, it would have been in the game from the very beginning. But it's not. They obviously don't want them visible. Doesn't matter if we like or want something added.... what the devs want is all that clearly matters. Period.

Isnt the whole point of this to be a SUGGESTION BOX? I mean.. seriously... does your boss at work remove items from the suggestion box and yell at people about it!? No, they take the suggestions and when there are enough requests and if feasible they make the change. That's how suggestion box's work. If you are incapable of understanding this simple observation, then maybe you shouldn't be responding.
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Isnt the whole point of this to be a SUGGESTION BOX?

In PWI's entire lifetime, how many of our suggestions has ever been actually implemented? 1, maybe 2? And even then, I doubt they did because we mentioned them. For all we know, they were planning to add them themselves anyway. This section of the forum is nothing but wasted space and most people would agree with me on that.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In PWI's entire lifetime, how many of our suggestions has ever been actually implemented? 1, maybe 2? And even then, I doubt they did because we mentioned them. For all we know, they were planning to add them themselves anyway. This section of the forum is nothing but wasted space and most people would agree with me on that.

Wow, so some of the suggestions actually MADE it into the game? Hmm, think that accounts for something. Regardless if it is wasted space, it is a provided space for the users to talk about it. If the dev's did not want it they would remove it. Obviously this is here for a reason.
  • vuce
    vuce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This section of the forum is nothing but wasted space and most people would agree with me on that.

Hahaha, yeah amen to that and it is so funny to see how people get so upset about this wasted space.
  • Ankarian - Archosaur
    Ankarian - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I feel as if a lot of people posting on this 'suggestion' only come on these fourms to be a grade A jackass, namely Grippie, in my honest opinion. The suggestion, posted thousands of times or not, is a GOOD one, and I bet ALL of the community here agrees. As I said before, capes would make a lot of stuff happen.

Maybe they will put capes in their new game (Notice I said new game, cuz' the big bad suck ups of this forum will report you for breaking the rules, and yes, I laughed inside when I saw that comment on page 2 here) Still, having capes or helmets visible isnt hard to code in really, It's not as if they have to design a hard cape, maybe have twenty capes total in game, or more? Sadly, they seem lazy, the DEVS, sure it may take a year MAYBE, I simply have no idea, but the hardwork would not go to waste.

My head is killing me so this comment will be cut short. My final thoughts? I agree, simple as that, in any game I've come across, they had capes, EVERY... SINGLE.. ONE. To be frank, I think those chinese got lazy somewhere, I cant see any reason not to add them into the game, I really do not. If someone can give me one, knock yourself out.
  • vuce
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I feel as if a lot of people posting on this 'suggestion' only come on these fourms to be a grade A jackass, namely Grippie, in my honest opinion. The suggestion, posted thousands of times or not, is a GOOD one, and I bet ALL of the community here agrees. As I said before, capes would make a lot of stuff happen.

QFT.
    Maybe they will put capes in their new game (Notice I said new game, cuz' the big bad suck ups of this forum will report you for breaking the rules, and yes, I laughed inside when I saw that comment on page 2 here) Still, having capes or helmets visible isnt hard to code in really, It's not as if they have to design a hard cape, maybe have twenty capes total in game, or more? Sadly, they seem lazy, the DEVS, sure it may take a year MAYBE, I simply have no idea, but the hardwork would not go to waste.

My head is killing me so this comment will be cut short. My final thoughts? I agree, simple as that, in any game I've come across, they had capes, EVERY... SINGLE.. ONE. To be frank, I think those chinese got lazy somewhere, I cant see any reason not to add them into the game, I really do not. If someone can give me one, knock yourself out.

It does seem that way, they only seem to knock out new content that we`v seen time and time again. Chests that give you something or a mount. Would really be nice to see some fresh stuff being made like capes and helms.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yes I'm Jackass ok *eyeroll*

sir, most of the community would disagree with u.

and like I said, it's a good suggestion, but it will not be added, It's been suggested time and time again, it's been sent to the devs. did they add it? no. sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options

sir, most of the community would disagree with u.

and like I said, it's a good suggestion, but it will not be added, It's been suggested time and time again, it's been sent to the devs. did they add it? no. sorry

Are you most of the community? DO you make up the majority of the players? Have you ACTUALLY asked each player to see their standings on this? Do you have a recorded piece of information that shows you what the players have said? I seriously doubt that you have, once again you are speaking for people you have zero right to speak about.

Like I have said before, are you a dev, do you have a direct line to the dev's, have they personally told you, NO We won't add it? Was it stated that capes suck and they would never again do such a thing? Nope, doubt they have... keep your condescending attitude to yourself.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Are you most of the community? DO you make up the majority of the players? Have you ACTUALLY asked each player to see their standings on this? Do you have a recorded piece of information that shows you what the players have said? I seriously doubt that you have, once again you are speaking for people you have zero right to speak about.

Like I have said before, are you a dev, do you have a direct line to the dev's, have they personally told you, NO We won't add it? Was it stated that capes suck and they would never again do such a thing? Nope, doubt they have... keep your condescending attitude to yourself.

Woah, woah, keep it low, dude.

It's not necessary to enrage and start a flame war.
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Woah, woah, keep it low, dude.

It's not necessary to enrage and start a flame war.

Who is enraged and flaming? Are you mad bro?
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Who is enraged and flaming? Are you mad bro?

No, just sad and tired.
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No, just sad and tired.

I am sorry to hear that, grab some sleep and a squeeze from yer mate. Lemonade and a good dip in the pool always works for me.
  • muffinhead12
    muffinhead12 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Okay, My terrible migrain is over, and my brain isnt oozing out of my ears anymore, so I think I'm okay to type. :)

As I was saying before I passed out, (I did actually... Stupid migrain), It strikes me odd that their other games have capes, I took a look at one other game made by their company, and they have capes. Why did they feel the need not to include that feature into this game, which more people play?

It's almost as if they didn't care when they were making the game. It's a simple feature to put into the game, not a lot of design going into the cape, It's not like armor where they have to code in tiny details, but a cape is just... cloth over your shoulder. It's really not hard to add.

We demand capes! :) All who agree say so, cuz' I strongly agree.
  • vuce
    edited September 2010
    Options

Okay, My terrible migrain is over, and my brain isnt oozing out of my ears anymore, so I think I'm okay to type. :)

As I was saying before I passed out, (I did actually... Stupid migrain), It strikes me odd that their other games have capes, I took a look at one other game made by their company, and they have capes. Why did they feel the need not to include that feature into this game, which more people play?

It's almost as if they didn't care when they were making the game. It's a simple feature to put into the game, not a lot of design going into the cape, It's not like armor where they have to code in tiny details, but a cape is just... cloth over your shoulder. It's really not hard to add.

We demand capes! :) All who agree say so, cuz' I strongly agree.

Couldn't agree more, I added a poll to this thread so make your votes heard =D

As a game Dev myself it is pretty easy to add a cape to a player. The only worry would be graphics lag caused by lots of physics based capes in one area. Cloth simulation can take up a lot of processor time. I mean they could simply animate the cape and not have any physics. Having a ridged model would do. But that said attatching the cloth model to the player model really isn't a huge task.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thnk just MAY have been an overeaction. i am not in the suggestion box much and tbh im glad OP posted this thread. otherwise i would not have seen it. why does it matter if it has been posted before? **** it i say.

i think the capes are a great idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    /edit
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *****... I just noticed the poll and went to vote yes and my stupid, grrr sorry for those who view the poll and see I voted no, I've already said I'm for the idea -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?