Your server being threatened by a 1 faction-colored map?

Proski - Archosaur
Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
edited September 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Aa8xK3D04&feature=channel

watch and learn how to inspire, though mel gibson is reserved for me so you'll have to find your own

oh and nevermind the comment about me robbing 3 factions banks, LOL
Post edited by Proski - Archosaur on

Comments

• SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love how you barely got cut off in WC by anyone during all that xD

That was really good though. b:chuckle

Did someone actually ask to join your faction after that? lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    x_X words cannot describe how awesome lol... i tried doing similiar... i made a lvl 5 alt named RickRoll_ >.> but i only got the first 5 lines out before someone went co-co-co-combo breaker and i gave up qq
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If everyone had a little more fun like this, the game wouldn't be so monotonous.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That is one awesome recruitment pitch. Had any takers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LOL, that was full of win. Just one question though. Will Proski suffer the same fate as William Wallace when it's all over?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I would join b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited September 2010
    I would join b:cute

I would too if I reroll a character on Archosaur. O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010

The orange guild seems nice. They control the middle of the map and they offer quests and everything.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited September 2010
    The orange guild seems nice. They control the middle of the map and they offer quests and everything.

LOL.

I was like "Why is there a gold quest sign on that faction's territory? o_O"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Nice hair for a wizard D: nudge nudge wink wink
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I would too if I reroll a character on Archosaur. O_O

I have an Archer on Arch b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • KngGilgamesh - Archosaur
    KngGilgamesh - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Um..Sorry Pro, interrupted you there..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Those quests suck, you kill like 80 mobs a few dozen times and all you get is mirages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited September 2010
    I have an Archer on Arch b:avoid

Oh I see what you did thar. ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That was quite a win. Let me give it a shot.

Edit: failed too much wc spam on HL.
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2010

No dood. We save 8k free TP to DW. b:cute and free TP to my PQ lol. We're so awesome we don't need an icon.

And pro, that brought a tear to my eye b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited September 2010
    yes, lots joined b:laugh

our server was in a horrendous state and there was literally 0 competition for well over 2 months (everything = 10 minute tws). actually, you could really argue since the start of the server. there have been maybe 3 2-3 hour wars in total, but the best faction (narla - ex nefarious members from sanc) hadn't lost a single one so they never really had a formidable opponent. the other faction leaders holding land weren't doing anything constructive so i decided to make my own. we organized on the pk level first so to show everybody they weren't anything special, and then after about a week of running them out of west gate and 3 weeks of tw's we have grown to this: (yes, we are just 1 month old b:thanks)

191 members:

36 lvl 100s+
    75 lvl 90s+
    tons o 80s+
    and about 20 70s+ we are trying to bring up in level

just last weekend we had our first 2hour war in many many months and we got their crystal to about 650kish hp before their 30k hp barbs finally overpowered us lol

thanks for the compliments btw, i really just do it all in the name of fun and going out there and "doing something" versus just hiding my face in instances to better my own for end game. in my opinion thats what this game/certain servers need more of, kind of like a tribute to the older days and just playing for the moments b:bye
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Im reroling on arch
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/Sanctam/pw.png

Dreamweaver is pretty diverse. Lots of friendly competition and chances for multiple factions to own territories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited September 2010
    spot me some teles and the name of the resistance and i'll change that up real fast! b:chuckle
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I want to join too b:sad
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The thing is that, the dominant factions are NOT taking away our freedom, if anything they give a few people reason enough to take up arms with the one's who are capable of standing up even a little bit to the dominant ones. They just make it a bit limited to attack a land, and have a good chance at winning a land, and well that would happen regardless, when 2-3 faction holds all of the land on the server.

Also the second strongest faction isn't losing due to a lack of people in it, sure they may not have a full 80 show up to every war, but their is a reason why they have been a thorn in calamity's side, just as much of a reason why one faction becomes dominant, our top faction is so well coordinated/attendance is good enough for them to hold off two factions for a good 2 hours and 45 minutes...ish and win. Its certainly not a lack of trying to bring people together to stand against calamity, I think it's just more of a lack of trying to find that one piece of weakness, that we all can keep pecking at, until calamity only has half of the lands. Not to mention the fact that funds for tw's aren't what they used to be for any small faction to possibly rise up, and place a decent defense up so that they could even tw against any land holding faction, unless they are already established.

Either way, it was an... interesting way to try and recruit people, but meh not for me.

Also fyi, I am not in the top faction here on dreamweaver, I was once against one faction holding all the land, until I came to the realization that I do not care anymore/don't mind calamity holding all the land, I feel like calamity deserves to hold all the lands, for the most part most of their members are friendly, and helpful, and they can definitely coordinate well enough to adapt to the tw changes, and hold off multiple people at one time.

Yea yea, I know its long, but meh at least there's paragraphs. :D
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol everyone was making fun of RT for being failest server and now look it's the most fun TW wise b:chuckle
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol everyone was making fun of RT for being failest server and now look it's the most fun TW wise b:chuckle

They still are b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Odovacer - Dreamweaver
    Odovacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2010

thanks for the compliments btw, i really just do it all in the name of fun and going out there and "doing something" versus just hiding my face in instances to better my own for end game. in my opinion thats what this game/certain servers need more of, kind of like a tribute to the older days and just playing for the moments b:bye

Gratz Proski! Way to make the game interesting. Epic win for yer efforts.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That was awesome. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Raging Tide's map is fine.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The thing is that, the dominant factions are NOT taking away our freedom
    Oh really? Suppose a lowbie faction wants to battle another lowbie faction. Dominant factions are not taking away this freedom? Are you serious?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Oh really? Suppose a lowbie faction wants to battle another lowbie faction. Dominant factions are not taking away this freedom? Are you serious?

Really how are they taking it away? smaller factions could easily outbid the top factions to have a chance to win some territory. =x

EDIT: Ok ok, not easily but it is still a possibility. =x They do have a chance at outbidding calamity, no matter how little.

Freedom can not be taking away on the game, the smaller factions can bid on calamity and attack whenever they please, or they can go after dynasty/eq/tempest when they all 3 were on the map.

From what I can tell calamity has never been a tyrant, they haven't been oppressive, they haven't tried to stop any uprising to prevent people from taking their lands, nor are they cruel about their takeover, they are by far the most respectful guild on DW, at least the ones in the spotlight... so to speak, but that doesn't mean the other guilds are not respectful/respected, not to mention that is just my opinion.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)