Your server being threatened by a 1 faction-colored map?

2»

Comments

• Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thank God I am not playing on DW anymore. There is no other faction that's as annoying as cala with their mixture of absolute desire of dominance and the way they try to make it look as if it ain't so. I would even have prefered EQ taking over the map, at least everyone knows how they are and they do not try to hide it. b:laugh

(Disclaimer: General statement on the situation on DW, no personal attacks against anyone)
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They still are b:bye
    Why thank you for the informative post, although without any sort of reasons or proof your opinion is worth nothing. b:bye
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Really how are they taking it away? smaller factions could easily outbid the top factions to have a chance to win some territory. =x

EDIT: Ok ok, not easily but it is still a possibility. =x They do have a chance at outbidding calamity, no matter how little.

Freedom can not be taking away on the game, the smaller factions can bid on calamity and attack whenever they please, or they can go after dynasty/eq/tempest when they all 3 were on the map.

From what I can tell calamity has never been a tyrant, they haven't been oppressive, they haven't tried to stop any uprising to prevent people from taking their lands, nor are they cruel about their takeover, they are by far the most respectful guild on DW, at least the ones in the spotlight... so to speak, but that doesn't mean the other guilds are not respectful/respected, not to mention that is just my opinion.

So a super strong faction is outbid by a nice small little faction. Then, this small faction has to fight the big faction that has dominance over the map. You know, the faction that can take on 3 other factions at the same time. If, by some chance they get a bid on tempest or dynasty and get to fight them, they will simply be butt-***** next week by all the factions bidding to take down the easy guys. Also, smaller factions have less money. This means less money to bid with and even less money to buy charms and other necessary TW items. Having one faction dominate the map really helps nobody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ouka - Heavens Tear
    Ouka - Heavens Tear Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    <---- fails at links
    ouka - 101 HA veno - " Squeek, I'm A Fox!"

ouka__ - 103 vit barb- "Nom Nom I'm A Panda!"

People need to learn how to control their stupid
  • Ouka - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Still fails would be nice if preview actually only allowed you to preview the post and didnt actually post for you also would be nice if the delete buttont for edit actualy let you delete multipel posts and didnt jsut tell me no thread specified.

• Ouka - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    but DW isnt as diverse as HT

http://i52.tinypic.com/5x1oxy.jpg

fail quadruple post

• KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i wanna reroll on arch now bc of that xD jsut for the soul purpose of joining your fact b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So a super strong faction is outbid by a nice small little faction. Then, this small faction has to fight the big faction that has dominance over the map. You know, the faction that can take on 3 other factions at the same time. If, by some chance they get a bid on tempest or dynasty and get to fight them, they will simply be butt-***** next week by all the factions bidding to take down the easy guys. Also, smaller factions have less money. This means less money to bid with and even less money to buy charms and other necessary TW items. Having one faction dominate the map really helps nobody.

You are right, getting land from the dominant faction will not be easy, and once the two 'noobie' factions duke it out, the dominant faction will most likely come in and take away their thunder so to speak, but NOTHING is stopping us all from gathering together and standing up against calamity, except for maybe the fact that we all feel like we are already beaten, or perhaps just don't want anything to do with the faction that is capable of standing up to the dominant one, whatever the case may be, the dominant faction will remain in power, until one person can unite us all, get us to overcome our differences, and give us all a true reason to fight.

I am sure once any faction gains control of all the lands on a server, they almost immediately after fulfilling that goal, they won't really hold that goal up very high for very long, they will eventually lose 1 land, then another, and perhaps another one after that, due to the lack of interest in tw, other then the other top faction giving them another one hell of a run for their mirages.

I suspect that once a faction does gain control of all the lands, a few players will feel like a goal is accomplished, one that perhaps a few hold very high on their 'to do list,' and probably soon after leave the dominant faction, or discontinue upgrading their gear, or no longer interested in fighting tw's. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)