Guide to FB runs

Options

Comments

• Emily - Dreamweaver
    Emily - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    One question, whats up with the mobs when use the wines, more direct, whats up with the drops of these mobs, disapeir or all drops keep in the same place of a mob killed ......

When wine is used, it "kills" a large portion of the mobs. Nothing is dropped and no exp is gained from the "wined" mobs. Remaining mobs still act, die, drop loot all the same however.
  • Rileyking - Harshlands
    Rileyking - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you use one wine for an FB does it clear half the dungeon or does it just not work at all?
  • Blackcat - Harshlands
    Blackcat - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I will do my fb79 soon... can some1 write me short guide for that 1 coz I don't wanna do anything stupid ^_^ b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naohusa - Sanctuary
    Naohusa - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For fb69 you will need 2 clerics, one of them need to have level 5 purify at least, you will need a level 70 barb tank build or a level 75 BM tank build as well, for luring mobs you will need a venomancer or any player with a genie that could lure using extreme poison or another luring skill.
    the 3 minibosses are not complicated
    Serpentrex is optional (i am asuming you did 20/20/20 before) you can even avoid it, however most people prefer to kill it for drops. Its magic attack is a bit annoying but can be canceled and with ironheart spam shouldnt be a problem, he doesnt have aoe.
    Noxtouch Culler same strategy as Serpentrex, purif if needed but its poison is not a big problem spam heal should be enough.
    Undying Hornshell annoying amount of hp but not big problem cancel its magic attack when needed for lower repair bill.
    the 3 bosses: first 2 are not hard
    Pyro: lure adds one by one, they like to run so make sure you make them run where you want otherwise they will run to the boss.
    The boss, he has strong magic attack but can be cancelled and ironheart spam should be enough, dig the pillar behind boss after.
    Damned Gaurnob: there is no point in killing adds, just lure boss.
    its better if ranged members of squad stay in the little lake before boss's cave, that way if anything goes wrong the clerics can dive to the bottom center of the lake and survive to ressurect all. the one who lures, veno or the person with genie have to run quickly to the lake, where tank gets agro, usually its better if clerics agree who is going to purify and who will use chromatic beam to heal party when boss uses aoe if tank couldnt cancel it, both will spam ironheart on tank though. they cant use blue bubble (regeneration aura) cause both bosses cancel it. Its recomended for tanks to have max level of flesh ream or alpha male to keep agro from archers and wizards. The boss has a curse that reduces magical and physical defense its not so strong but if clerics dont purify tank could die. one of the drops is calamity axes mold so people love to kill this boss.
    Cenequus Polearm: the person who lures have to be very careful, this boss uses to curse lurer and tank as soon as it arrives to lake so clerics have to be ready, priority is to purify tank.
    For tanks, make sure you have something to counter his curse to give clerics time to purify, if you a barbarian you could use Invoke spirit, if you a blademaster, watch the boss carefully and cancel the curse with advanced spark before he cast it, i am a BM so i use to do that, venos have to be ready to give spark to tank, however you wont always have enough chi for advanced spark or Invoke spirit all the times, cause boss sometimes uses curse often (its curse reduces Magic and Physical defense to 0, thats why hercs cant tank this boss) so its recomended to have heals ready like apothecary powders, tranquilizing orb (8 seconds invulnerability) or genie should have tree of protection ( heals 25% hp every 3 seconds) or wind shield (30% damage reduction) guardian charm could help too but if you dont deal with curse it wont heal you fast enough. this boss drops the tauren cape so people love to kill him too.
    Remember to dig both pillars after, go to town and return, someone has to stay in cave till tabber returns.

P.D. i could make a small fb79 guide if people want.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    they cant use blue bubble (regeneration aura) cause both bosses cancel it.

I wish every player realized this. Twice I've gone in with other clerics who demanded that the only way to survive was to BB.

Oddly, in all my runs those were the only times we got wiped. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Brylla - Heavens Tear
    Brylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much for making this guide! And thanks to everybody for contributing! I only needed to know if I would need 2 wines for FB69 and I ended up finding a ton of info about it that I think will help a lot when I get to those levels so thanks! b:victory

Oh and, Naohusa, I think making an FB79 guide (even if it's small) would help a lot of people! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Rankar has two types of AoE
    - physical damage with shorter range (about 15m)
    - fire damage with longer range (probably around 30m, couldn't avoid it even when using maxed basic skills from max possible range)

Fire AoE does some damage but Rankar doesn't use it often, let your clerics/DDs take Life Powder (regenerates 50HP per second for 10 minutes) and you will regenerate to full HP before every next AoE attack.

Physical AoE is a one-shot for robes, as someone already mentioned, so just keep distance ;]
    Packs World International
  • dakargrey
    dakargrey Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for the guide. It's terrific! Can someone explain where you use the second wine at? For FB 59, the guide says we need 2 wines to run it. I've used 1 wine in FB39 so I'm familar with that. But is there a second NPC someowhere in the FB?
    Thanks again, for all the great info!
  • Sinha - Sanctuary
    Sinha - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Can we also get guides for all FB's after FB 59 ? It would be ever so helpful

BTW this guide is really great thanks for all the work that went into itb:cute
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you use one wine for an FB does it clear half the dungeon or does it just not work at all?

If you only have 1 wine when you need 2 to clear the instance, it won't work. The "wining" is actually a quest based off of having the requisite items in your inventory. Don't have the wines? Then you can't get the quest and clear the mobs away.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Aren't there other FBs after 79?
  • Zataka - Lost City
    Zataka - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i finished the fb without killing the mobs :O and turned it all in cept mobs what do i do now? just kill mobs and i get my sp cult up?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Aren't there other FBs after 79?

89 and 99
    i finished the fb without killing the mobs :O and turned it all in cept mobs what do i do now? just kill mobs and i get my sp cult up?

b:sweat You should have made sure to kill them all. Now you will need to go back in there and kill the mobs that you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Reardon - Heavens Tear
    Reardon - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dakargrey wrote: »
    Can someone explain where you use the second wine at? For FB 59, the guide says we need 2 wines to run it. I've used 1 wine in FB39 so I'm familar with that. But is there a second NPC someowhere in the FB?

You can talk to the same NPC where you gave the first wine. Just take the wine quest a second time.
    The One and Only Copper Commando Barbarian b:victory
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Also, make sure you have ALL TEN PIECES OF MYSTERYWOOD FRUIT when you go into this FB. All you have to do for this is to talk to an NPC located deep within the dungeon. That is not worth a run unless you are participating in someone else's FB.

thats how we "dunnit" on my veno since no one in my faction on that toon wanted to go in there for just that. OTOH with my barb, I led my self and my cleric and wizard through it quite easily to turn in mysterywood fruit. Its quite simple and there's only the mobs in the entry path that need to be taken out. Only takes just a few minutes of time to do. We used a genie with earthflame to pull single mobs since we didn't have a veno with us.

basically if you want to do do mysterwood fruit early (when you get it) - grab a barb and a cleric, and a veno if you need pulling done. clear the entry hall (or waste a wine - your choice). then just hug the platform in the middle, go under (two?) ramps that go up to the platform, thus passing the guards. The entrance to the Mysterwood Fruit rewarder is unblocked and no guards must be killed - furthermore there are no mobs in your way. Just head on in there to turn in, and leave the way you came (or tele out). Very simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • DemonicLight - Dreamweaver
    DemonicLight - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I was doing bounty hunter with my squad when i spotted strange thing.We killed hercule trioc in the gate of delirium, and message appeared " Gate Of Delirium Is Now Opened".What that means?where is the real gate of delirium?where is the opened gate?what all that means?We were in fake gate of delirium or what?That is very strange thing that i want to find out.Can any tell me about Gate Of Delirium in the Gate of delirium?tyvm
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    can i solo fb19?b:surrender
  • MrFleaBag - Heavens Tear
    MrFleaBag - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ranker (FB51) will not AoE if only the Tank goes in close and the rest stay back outside the range of Plumshot and Iron Heart. If anyone goes closer, then he will AoE, i have tested this on a few occations and it works, unfortenetly, this means the other close combat squad members will not be able to attack. NOT even a Venos Pet can go close or the AoE will trigger.
  • Malaquey - Heavens Tear
    Malaquey - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    never seen fushmas AOE, im an archer but have occasionally found myself next to him and have used wingspan with no adverse effects.
    possibly aggro taker must be within melee range.
    Also the gate of delirium has various doors that must be unlocked by killing bosses such as the one next to calcid. must be one of those
  • MrFleaBag - Heavens Tear
    MrFleaBag - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ranker (FB51) will not AoE if only the Tank goes in close and the rest stay back outside the range of Plumshot and Iron Heart. If anyone goes closer, then he will AoE, i have tested this on a few occations and it works, unfortenetly, this means the other close combat squad members will not be able to attack. NOT even a Venos Pet can go close or the AoE will trigger.

This also Holds True for Wyvern at the End of BF51.
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Printable FB51 Map PDF format

Printable FB59 Map PDF format
    Printable FB59 Map PDF format Color

Traced an existing map to make this. I think it came from ecatomb.

I wanted to make a map that you could print out and write notes on.
  • Sumara - Heavens Tear
    Sumara - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've made several videos of majority of the fbs in PW. I tried to cover most of the general quests many do while in a particular dungeon. I like Touhou too, which is why the beginning and ending of each video, as well as the music too, is Touhou based. In any event, most of the videos are on Youtube now, so I hope these videos helps in some way.

Using Windows Media Player, since it's the only thing I have available.

Fb19 (Human) Firecrag Grotto

Fb19 (Elf) Cave of the Vicious

Fb19 (Untamed) Den of Wolves

Fb29 Hall of Deception

Fb39 Gate of Delirium

Fb49 (or Fb51) Secret Frost covered Grounds

Fb59 Valley of Disaster

Fb69 Wraithgate

Fb79 Hallucinatory Trench

Fb89 Brimstone

Fb89 Eden

Fb99 (Seat of Torment)

--Coming Soon--

Fb99 (Abaddon)

--Coming Soon--
  • pheonixforce
    pheonixforce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    why would u need wines for fb what do they do?
  • Sumara - Heavens Tear
    Sumara - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When you give wines to the old swordsman at the start of a fb, he clears a majority of the monsters inside, leaving only a few to deal with. It makes the dungeon runs faster if not easier compared to a run without wine. I'd only use wines if you want it done faster, finished the quests inside and don't need the quest monsters, or don't want to kill a lot of monsters on the way to the bosses.
  • Bioxic - Archosaur
    Bioxic - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    there would be an npc called old man,,or something..in the cave....if yu hav wines and you have lead in squad...then he will have a quest for you..ones you finish talkin to him...he'd use the wines to clear all the mobs in the cave b:dirtyb:dirty

i love wineeeeb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • louis8k8
    louis8k8 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What's the minimum requirement to be able to kill everything in FB39?
    Involving a bm and a cler and possibly veno
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you guys are in your fourties, you should be good, but it'll take ages.

Fifties is when you get BH39 and are expected to clear it.

If you aren't even high enough level to have gotten this FB then I wouldn't bother trying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Quezeeh - Archosaur
    Quezeeh - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i Need help with my FB19 , Can anyone help me ?

Ign : Quezeeh

Thanks very Mucho ! :D b:cute
  • Streea - Dreamweaver
    Streea - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Daughters wine for fb 39 requires 8 gravel as well as the other mats.
  • marksteyn
    marksteyn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I am new to this forum and trying to figure out this..