Options
13»

Comments

• Kil - Harshlands
    Kil - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What is needed in the squads:

A Barbarian for tanking as especially with magic bosses they have a skill to cancel AOE attacks if timed correctly this can save the squad.

A Venomancer for pulling. Even if your Barbarian is strong enough to tank 2-3 monsters at the bosses it is usefull to let Venomancers pull the small mobs away before taking on the boss itself.

1-2 Clerics! This should be obvious I think. Best to have 2 in case one dies or aggro is off the Barbarian and on multiple members of the party.

Fill the rest of the squad with either Archers,Wizards or Blademasters to do damage to kill faster.
    FB19

I would personally advise against using wines for this FB as you will need mobs to kill first and this FB is good to learn the group dynamic. Also the mats needed for the wine in this FB is just not worth it. I personally recommend doing this FB with higher lvls just to get a feel and they maybe able to give some tips as well.

Needed mats for Osmanthus wine:

10 each of Logs, Pig Iron, Sandstone and Coal Dust

FB29

Using wine here is in my opinion just a waste of mats as this FB really does not take long. In fact it is the smallest all around.

Need to kill Key Mob to open the door to his room. That one is melee p. atk and does not move so it is possible to kill it with ranged attacks without taking a single hit.

Qingzi
    BOSS [Lvl 35] Close Range: Physical Melee Attack Far off: Earth Magic Damage
    Recommended having a mage tank it as mages have Stone Barrier

Needed mats for Bamboo wine:

2 each of Rough Lumber, High Carbon Steel, Gravel and Coal

FB39

If you have not done the related quest of which there are quite a few do not under any circumstances wine the FB. You will not be able to finish those quest if you do. If you have done the quests I would do it wined as this FB is quite timecomsuming. Even wined this FB easily takes an hour.
    The first boss Faren Serenity (Physical attacks) has an AOE (23 meter radius) physical attack so get the barb to cancel these if he can and everyone try to stay as far away from him as you possible can. He also has a Movement Speed Lowering buff.
    The second boss Calcid the Flame (Physical Attack) has a damage over time Fire magic atack.
    The third boss Hercule Trioc is best tanked by a Wizard or Venomancer because of his Metal Element Magical Attack. He has no AOE attack though so everyone else just **** into him.

Needed mats for Daughter wine:

8 each of Rough Lumber, High Carbon Steel and Coal

2 wines are needed to clear the whole dungeon.

FB49/51

Again if the related quests are not done don't wine this one. The mobs here are all over the place and quite a few patrol around so be carefull. If the quests are done wine it.

The recommended pattern for this FB [49-51], Frostcovered Lands is this.
    First, take the Level 51 General Quest chain "The Scepter" up to the point of "The Book". Then take the Level 50 Quest "Sign of the Talon", the "Call of Duty: Wraithbeast (Part 1)", and the level 51 Quest "Avenger's Fury".
    After completing those quests, exit the dungeon then go obtain "Call of Duty: Wraithbeast (Part 2)" and "Powerful Lord". Finish those, then go turn in the quest for "The Book". Although the original "Call of Duty: Warithbeast (Part 1)" is available at level 49, it is best to wait until level 51 so that you can obtain all the necessarily quests and can do it in one run rather than multiple runs.

Fushma (Lvl 53) is a fire element boss who has close range physical damage.

Ranker (Lvl 53) is a earth element boss with close range and AoE physical damage. Again get the Barbarian to cancel what he can and stay as far away as you can.

Myriadtail Wyvern (Lvl 54) is a fire element boss who has a long range magic attack, physical attack and AOE.
    Note: Distance of AoE is approximately 24meters. A maxed out heal or Venomancer spells are effectively outside of that range.

Needed mats for Frangrances wine:

8 each of Fine Lumber, Refined Steel, Rubstone Powder and Anthracite

2 wines are again needed to clear whole dungeon

FB59

For the FB 59, the quests "The Challenge" (Spiritual Cultivation), "Heaven's Trial" (Level 58 Challenge Quest), "Call of Duty: Sacredbeast" (Level 59 Challenge Quest) and the end of "Mysterywood Fruit" (Level 55 Regular quest, part of a chain that starts with the quest "Outcast") should all be done together. FB 59 requires no mobs other than the bosses so it is recommended that one uses wine to save time.

Important information concerning the FB 59: The boss Gluttonix is currently bugged. It is possible to have the Call of Duty in the pillar and still not have it register the kill. The causes for this bug are unknown but a proven strategy for getting the kill is to put in the Call of Duty, and when the boss is at 50%, change the party leader. This will give the quest the "failed" status and return the Call of Duty to the original holder's inventory. The holder should then wait until the boss is at about 25%, then reinsert the Call of Duty. Another strategy is the insert the Call of Duty at the last minute but this strategy does not always work 100%. Another theory concerning the bug is that the person who inserted the Call of Duty must have the final hit, but this theory is unproven thus far.
    Also, make sure you have ALL TEN PIECES OF MYSTERYWOOD FRUIT when you go into this FB. All you have to do for this is to talk to an NPC located deep within the dungeon. That is not worth a run unless you are participating in someone else's FB.

Needed mats for Chiennan Spring wine:

10 each of Fine Lumber, Refined Steel, Rubstone Powder and Anthracite

2 wines needed again to clear everything.

The next few FB's I have never done myself so can't really say much about it. If someone would send me info on those FB's I will incorporate it into this guide. For now I left the info part blank and just wrote what mats you need for wines.

FB69:

Needed mats for Ancient Well wine:

10 each of High-Grade Lumber, Steel Alloy, Corundom Powder and Charcoal

FB79:

Needed mats for Afterglow wine:

15 each of High-Grade Lumber, Steel Alloy, Corundom Powder and Charcoal

FB89:

Needed mats for Tukang's wine:

15 each of Lumber Essence, High Alloy Steel, Granite and Extruded Charcoal

FB99:

Needed mats for Wine of Everlasting Sorrow:

20 each of Lumber Essence, High Alloy Steel, Granite and Extruded Charcoal

... how is the barb ment to no when to cancel AoE?? theirs no warning... im a lvl 87 barb... like with low lvl bosses, how am i ment to no when to cancel?
  • Lost_Soul - Raging Tide
    Lost_Soul - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't know if this was some sort of glitch but when i did my FB59 we wined it and dones the bosses but 1 of the bosses i tabbed but i died when i res the quest was complete, got the kill for the boss but yet the tab returned into my inventory so then another time when i had a quest in there i just used it for fun :) .
  • Natiry - Raging Tide
    Natiry - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So now that genesis is here, how do mystics and seekers play into fb runs? (if at all)
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So now that genesis is here, how do mystics and seekers play into fb runs? (if at all)

i ran a mystic's fb39 the other day; they fit in most conspicuously by confusing everybody else about how many players were in the dungeon, by having storm mistress out. b:chuckle

mystics will probably find a support/backup role similar to venos, except with healing instead of debuffing. they can play nurse to the cleric's doctor, throw heals onto DDs to make up for AoE hits when the cleric's busy healing the tank, make up heals while the cleric's busy getting BB back up again, and DD when they're not doing that. in emergencies they can try to tank if the actual tank dies, same as venos can.

seekers i'm unsure about. DDing, obviously, but what will set them apart from other generic DDs i dunno yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • hellowutsup5
    hellowutsup5 Posts: 15
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i ran a mystic's fb39 the other day; they fit in most conspicuously by confusing everybody else about how many players were in the dungeon, by having storm mistress out. b:chuckle

mystics will probably find a support/backup role similar to venos, except with healing instead of debuffing. they can play nurse to the cleric's doctor, throw heals onto DDs to make up for AoE hits when the cleric's busy healing the tank, make up heals while the cleric's busy getting BB back up again, and DD when they're not doing that. in emergencies they can try to tank if the actual tank dies, same as venos can.

seekers i'm unsure about. DDing, obviously, but what will set them apart from other generic DDs i dunno yet.

Great answer, i love how i can be a support class and still hold my own weight in most situations.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This guide is old,non-accurate,rather generic,and its unfinished(No FB69/79/89/99)
    (Just saying)
    And yet its still sticked...
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The guide is generic and old, yes, but it remains completely accurate. FBs haven't changed. It could use additions for TB/EG new dungeons, as well as 69-99, but from 19-59 it remains a good guide. Certainly helped me through those levels. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Hollow_Lust - Raging Tide
    Hollow_Lust - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thank you for this guide. It's helped a lot b:pleasedb:kiss
  • XXxxYukixxXX - Sanctuary
    XXxxYukixxXX - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    which NPC give fb 39 and 51 tabs? (i forgetting b:surrenderb:surrender)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    39 - one of the celestial guys on Heaven's Tear (Celestial Elder I think)
    51 - one of the Talon Members at Dragon's End

If you're 51+, you can no longer pick up tabs for FB39. If you're 61+, you can no longer pick up tabs for FB51.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • $_maria_$ - Raging Tide
    $_maria_$ - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:victorynice
  • OWolfenstein - Heavens Tear
    OWolfenstein - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    huuuh?
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Necrooooooooo!!!!!!!
    I might be black
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yay for sticky status!

Oh and none of you saw anything here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bethfisher
    bethfisher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I would like to see you expand the guide beyond fb59, the higher level fbs have changed and some bosses like Hellfire Abomination are nearly impossible.
  • Filfyraen - Morai
    Filfyraen - Morai Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but I can't post new threads yet, and also my appologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the search.

I'm fairly new (I played a while back but had to quit for reasons I no longer remember) and have just opened up my first FB, my question is what's an effective stratergy to build up a squad I've asked in the chat but don't want to spam it as this will likely be considered rude, and have had no replies. I want to take this on but have no chance doing it solo.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but I can't post new threads yet, and also my appologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the search.

I'm fairly new (I played a while back but had to quit for reasons I no longer remember) and have just opened up my first FB, my question is what's an effective stratergy to build up a squad I've asked in the chat but don't want to spam it as this will likely be considered rude, and have had no replies. I want to take this on but have no chance doing it solo.

Ask in chat a different time, likely someone will help you. Or ask your faction to do it. If you dont' have one yet, check out WC or ask around, chances are you'll be able to find one your level to help you do it. A good place to ask around at is in archosaur (near the center or in crowded areas) or in wc. You can buy teleacoustics for a small fee and use one to ask anyone who has WC no matter where they are, to help you out.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Filfyraen - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Ask in chat a different time, likely someone will help you. Or ask your faction to do it. If you dont' have one yet, check out WC or ask around, chances are you'll be able to find one your level to help you do it. A good place to ask around at is in archosaur (near the center or in crowded areas) or in wc. You can buy teleacoustics for a small fee and use one to ask anyone who has WC no matter where they are, to help you out.

Thank's for your reply I don't have a faction as yet and not seen any recruiting low levels but will ask around I shall look into teleacoustics and try that, if they don't have world chat can they whisper from anywhere? I'm in archosaur now but still having no luck as of yet. Will definately try your suggestions though.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thank's for your reply I don't have a faction as yet and not seen any recruiting low levels but will ask around I shall look into teleacoustics and try that, if they don't have world chat can they whisper from anywhere? I'm in archosaur now but still having no luck as of yet. Will definately try your suggestions though.

The yellow text you see on your chat screen is world chat. It can be viewed by anyone anywhere as long as they have it turned on, but can only be spoken in with a teleacoustic. You can whisper anyone in WC at any time by clicking on their name. And yes, they can whisper you from anywhere they don't have to be near you.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Filfyraen - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Got it thanks for the pointers. :)
  • zafaniv
    zafaniv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sorry for having to post this on here, but for some reason it won't let me start a new thread.. (Even though i've been playing PWI for over a month now and have registered and verified my account)

I just have a simple question.. I'm new to PWI so i'm still getting the hang of it..

When wanting to jump into a dungeon, is it old school where you just post on the right channel and saying "Looking for group" or is there a place to post, or is there a dungeon que? Just a little confused on how to start one up.

Thanks in advance!
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Depends on the dungeon.

Most of the fbs (29 and up) have the option to 'stone' in. Near the west and south teleport masters in Arch there is a teleport stone. Click on this to get an option to teleport to the dungeon.

Now - you must squad up before teleporting in, otherwise as soon as you join a squad, you will be kicked out of the dungeon. The squad members all need to teleport or travel in as well.

You can fly or walk to the dungeons but some of them are a long way away from the cities.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If you invite other people after entering a dungeon, you will not be teleported out, since you still are instance owner. It's only when someone else invites you into their squad while you are in a dungeon that you will get timer before getting kicked out. (You will also get timer when you leave a squad while in a dungeon unless there is only one other person in the squad and you hold lead, or when you are kicked out of a squad while in a dungeon, or when the instance has been active for 4 hours. In all cases, the timer is for 60 seconds, and squad leader never gets timer unless the instance has timed out.)

But that doesn't answer zafaniv's question. No, there is no queuing system, nor is there a Looking for Group channel. Usually you use common chat in a major city, or world chat if you have purchased teleacoustics. You can also ask for help from your friends list or faction (=guild in most other games.)

You must enter the dungeon under your own power (no automatic warping into the dungeon when squad is formed; you must either walk there or use one of the illusion stones in Archosaur) either before squad is formed, as it is forming, or after it is formed. There are a few dungeons where you can be attacked by roamers after you enter if you don't move from the spawn point, and one where you can be attacked by external mobs as you warp in using the illusion stone (FB29/Halls of Deception)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • zafaniv
    zafaniv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Alright thanks for all the info!

I actually was asking about getting into dungeons however no one was responding, however since everyone I talked to says that questing till level 40 is ok, I think i'll just stick to that.