No one wants Archer at PVE squads (as FB and such)

ayzz
ayzz Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Archer
No one wants Archer at PVE squads (like FB ..)
i feel that nobody need's me as much the other races

im thinking to delete my 62 archer :\ its so ...

pls somone bring me some light :|
Post edited by ayzz on

Comments

• ayzz
    ayzz Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010

pls somone bring me some light
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    nice double post bro. generally, this is true, seeing as the number of huge cash investors in the game is rising, leading to a large amount of 5.0 attackspeed characters. this kind of makes archers a joke. you shouldn't be discouraged by this though, because if you have fun with a character, no one should stop you from playing it. if archer is getting to be not so fun, take a break,make a new dude, etc. find something else you might enjoy instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    Tainaker - Harshlands Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    idk i like my archer ;D ST is pretty cool and my BoA hits pretty hard, good enough for FCs and GVs + like im 89 but so far i dont have to much troubles killing 9Xs except for sins when they ninja me on the other hand i still dont have expel so yeah...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They want you for STA.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ayzz wrote: »

nice double post bro. generally, this is true, seeing as the number of huge cash investors in the game is rising, leading to a large amount of 5.0 attackspeed characters. this kind of makes archers a joke. you shouldn't be discouraged by this though, because if you have fun with a character, no one should stop you from playing it. if archer is getting to be not so fun, take a break,make a new dude, etc. find something else you might enjoy instead.

The guy is level 62... its not cause hes out damaged by 5aps... its most likely he sucks. just how many -int can a 6x (up to 8x) stack anyways. fist suck major balls anything pre 89/95/99. At that level... only a sin can potentially out damage an archer. but an archer will still have faster kill speed just cause of sharp.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    with the wind and the clouds +2 with a flawless just barbs were able to keep agro from me and i was actually able to take agro if double spark EP or Tingle Mire, even worst with a HF and amp stacked ijs....not evens sins were able to out DD me. and that mold is like pretty cheap so he probably have crapy gear :/
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    with the wind and the clouds +2 with a flawless just barbs were able to keep agro from me and i was actually able to take agro if double spark EP or Tingle Mire, even worst with a HF and amp stacked ijs....not evens sins were able to out DD me. and that mold is like pretty cheap so he probably have crapy gear :/

W & C is lvl 69.

But yeah, OP you might want to consider how well you work within squad dynamics. Are you always stealing aggro? Are you playing the hero? AFK attacking boss?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I have to control my aggro with only 1 avg garnet W&C +2 b:surrender
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have to control my aggro with only 1 avg garnet W&C +2 b:surrender

too many barbs dont know how to keep aggro anymore (see post in barb section) I been stealing aggro recently alot with those sucky claws kiyoshi was talkin abt.

Edit this is on my bm not cleric b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Indeed. I have a level 70 Archer in my guild. He's finally understanding how good of a barb we have, now. He ran with a lvl 96 barb and was constantly stealing aggro. However, when he runs with our level 6X barb, he CAN'T steal aggro. We're doing everything we can to keep him a solid barb.

Conclusion : Archers aren't becoming useless, but Barbs are becoming less likely to manage their aggro properly. Choice between an archer and another BM, I would take the archer. STA, range, and knockbacks would give me time to get to the archer and/or anyone they are protecting. Failbarbs just fail hard. =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Perhaps the OP should actually get some experience before he attempts to make his opinions known. Making a fool of yourself isn't ever a great thing. And QQing just pisses me off, honestly.

Archers = FC essentialness.

And really, it's not completely the barb's fault for not being able to hold aggro. Archers, being damage dealers, should be able to control their output. Don't constantly spark, use DoTs once ina while. You know, actually play your class well.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love having archers in my squad because of BoA, STA, and that pretty magic spinny attack that makes me smile whenever I see it <3
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    this thread is a joke right?
    i like potato
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    this thread is a joke right?

Yes, it is.b:cute
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love having archers in my squad because of BoA, STA, and that pretty magic spinny attack that makes me smile whenever I see it <3

Tearle come FC with me's and my spinny magic attack b:kiss

@OP: Maybe you should learn your class more, people DO want archers in squads. I mean, archers are amazing when you get to know how to play them.
    I <3 my metal skills, BOA(People with think your awesome in FC runs doing that) and STA are some of the best skills we also hash with ush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Perhaps the OP should actually get some experience before he attempts to make his opinions known. Making a fool of yourself isn't ever a great thing. And QQing just pisses me off, honestly.

Archers = FC essentialness.

And really, it's not completely the barb's fault for not being able to hold aggro. Archers, being damage dealers, should be able to control their output. Don't constantly spark, use DoTs once ina while. You know, actually play your class well.

Archers = FC essentialness. lol why is thatb:laughb:laugh

Let me tell what i see on world chat nowadays..

80s fcs squad:

Need barb, bm cleric,veno with herc for Fc AND "OTHERS"

90S need cleric, barb to fc and "OTHERS"

there ya go i have alts wihch are dds and geting a squad sometimes suck... but when i played on must didnt had a problem at all...
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2010

It's only Cleric and DDs at 90s, unless the party is horribly undergeared (likely the case from FC overdose).
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Archers = FC essentialness. lol why is thatb:laughb:laugh

Let me tell what i see on world chat nowadays..

80s fcs squad:

Need barb, bm cleric,veno with herc for Fc AND "OTHERS"

there ya go i have alts wihch are dds and geting a squad sometimes suck... but when i played on must didnt had a problem at all...

lmao dont make me laugh then only class that is really a need for FC is the Clerics, pretty much u can do whatever set up u want now days then only class u really need is a cleric. cant find a BM get a barbie and a psy (or 2 psys) cant get a veno get a sin, cant get a barb get 2 bms even 1 can do the trick with a sin and BP ofc. in fact the faster run i'd ever done was 2bms 2 sins cleric and me (archer)... so yea..
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    only class that is really a need for FC is the Clerics

Nope.

I've got by with just wizzy heals. I've also done just fine with no heals.

FC's a joke at 100.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Why is everyone so harsh on the opening poster? (S)he stated that (s)he is a level 62 archer, and in his/her experience so far indicates that getting into squads is difficult for an archer. This is a perfectly valid opinion to have, considering that level.

How is the original poster supposed to know about FF runs at that current level? Why are you criticizing the poster for having an opinion at that level? Are level 62 chars unable give an opinion?

I remember back in my factionless days when getting into random TT and Boss squads to be an incredible pain, as an archer.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Nope.

FC's a joke at 100.

mmm didnt think about that ofc im not 100 yet i dont like the nurf so far in the squads we do 99- we r needing clerics, other than that just DDs :D
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think its hard for all DD-classes to get parties for BH/bosses/FBs/TT and such at lower and mid-levels. Its not archer specific.

Mainly because you always need a barb and sometimes even 2 clerics. Its 6 DD classes and 3-4 spots left, so it never adds up. Its also way more people playing DD-classes than tanks/clerics so it will always be a bit hard to get your stuff done as archer.

Getting into parties at 99+ is more about gear than class really.
  • Must - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    lmao dont make me laugh then only class that is really a need for FC is the Clerics, pretty much u can do whatever set up u want now days then only class u really need is a cleric. cant find a BM get a barbie and a psy (or 2 psys) cant get a veno get a sin, cant get a barb get 2 bms even 1 can do the trick with a sin and BP ofc. in fact the faster run i'd ever done was 2bms 2 sins cleric and me (archer)... so yea..

You are the one i lol at....

But ok at 90s it can be done with a good bm but let me tell u this:

Bm needs to have amazing refines to have great hp( waste on money on tt90 cause now being 99 is not a hard thing)

He will not have agro like a barb, making a fc a big risk for the others...

He will no pull more mobs than a barb making fc looooooonnnggerrrrr..

No squad member will have more hp, no barb no hp buff making, the fc again more risky...(not to mention titans buff on mellle class)

So overall u wrongb:bye

OFC at 95+ with all the event **** this will all be diferent...b:bye
  • Must - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    I think its hard for all DD-classes to get parties for BH/bosses/FBs/TT and such at lower and mid-levels. Its not archer specific.

Mainly because you always need a barb and sometimes even 2 clerics. Its 6 DD classes and 3-4 spots left, so it never adds up. Its also way more people playing DD-classes than tanks/clerics so it will always be a bit hard to get your stuff done as archer.

Getting into parties at 99+ is more about gear than class really.

+1 Lily
  • Must - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Nope.

FC's a joke at 100.

Ive done lots of bhs 79 wiith a wiz healing me also...

Smokless wiz/priest FTW b:victory
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    You are the one i lol at....

But ok at 90s it can be done with a good bm but let me tell u this:

Bm needs to have amazing refines to have great hp( waste on money on tt90 cause now being 99 is not a hard thing)

He will not have agro like a barb, making a fc a big risk for the others...

He will no pull more mobs than a barb making fc looooooonnnggerrrrr..

No squad member will have more hp, no barb no hp buff making, the fc again more risky...(not to mention titans buff on mellle class)

So overall u wrongb:bye

OFC at 95+ with all the event **** this will all be diferent...b:bye

1-not epic refines/gear needed for a bm to do the pulls. the usual (poor players refines) +2 - +3 and flawless, shards that a bm should have in his 90 set anyways.

2-not epic HP need for FC LOL! marrows > HP, that + crab meat + charm. did it with a 4.9K 94 BM yesterday (4.9K HP!!?? zomg dat gai should haz epics gearrrs with epicsss refinez)

3-Bm stun (get agro) 3 spark (if needed) + AM lol even AD everything is going to be dead in less than 4 secs anyways.

4-nobody need "extra HP" for a FC after 90 lawl, bm have 2 running skills that + holy path + cleric shield + stun = win. again the mobs r going to die before the stun is off

overall u sir r wrong or have terribad friends to fc with.....with terribad 7X gears.
    kkthnxbye and keep failing
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    Meanpie - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think the fastest most efficient FC squads I went with after lvl 95 consisted of a barb OR a cleric, and the rest DD. If you have a barb with ToP there was no need for a cleric so you might as well just get another DD class. On the other hand if you had a cleric there was no reason to have a barb as the BMs could easily do the pulling. The Barb AOE aggro isn't necessary when everything dies in 2 seconds. So unless the barb had high APS with fists there wasn't much use for one.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    I think the fastest most efficient FC squads I went with after lvl 95 consisted of a barb OR a cleric, and the rest DD. If you have a barb with ToP there was no need for a cleric so you might as well just get another DD class. On the other hand if you had a cleric there was no reason to have a barb as the BMs could easily do the pulling. The Barb AOE aggro isn't necessary when everything dies in 2 seconds. So unless the barb had high APS with fists there wasn't much use for one.

inb4arandombarbtellyadatuneedbarbbuffs/epicgearzzorufailFCpre 95lawl
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Why is everyone so harsh on the opening poster? (S)he stated that (s)he is a level 62 archer, and in his/her experience so far indicates that getting into squads is difficult for an archer. This is a perfectly valid opinion to have, considering that level.

How is the original poster supposed to know about FF runs at that current level? Why are you criticizing the poster for having an opinion at that level? Are level 62 chars unable give an opinion?

I remember back in my factionless days when getting into random TT and Boss squads to be an incredible pain, as an archer.

The OP made a blunt statement that NOBODY needs archers for PvE squads. At all. Period. Then proceeded to contemplate deleting his or her archer.

I don't mean to come off as harsh, but I just get agitated when people make blanket statements and state them as fact before they have an adequate understanding of the entire situation.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The OP made a blunt statement that NOBODY needs archers for PvE squads. At all. Period. Then proceeded to contemplate deleting his or her archer.

I don't mean to come off as harsh, but I just get agitated when people make blanket statements and state them as fact before they have an adequate understanding of the entire situation.

And then, in the second sentence, (s)he qualifies that it is an opinion.
    ayzz wrote: »