Unable to Attack?

Options
Maiya - Lost City
Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Assassin
This has happened to me few times before, but more recently in 99 Abaddon. Randomly after using [Demon] Tackling Slash (which immobilizes the target as well as slows it), I can't hit the enemy. I can move around, heal myself, use other skills (non attack), but no matter what weapon (dagger, bow, fists) I use I just can't hit the enemy.

Has anyone else had this happen? I wasn't rubberbanding or lagging.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Maiya - Lost City on

Comments

• StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This has happened to me few times before, but more recently in 99 Abaddon. Randomly after using [Demon] Tackling Slash (which immobilizes the target as well as slows it), I can't hit the enemy. I can move around, heal myself, use other skills (non attack), but no matter what weapon (dagger, bow, fists) I use I just can't hit the enemy.

Has anyone else had this happen? I wasn't rubberbanding or lagging.

It has happened a few times to me as well, especially when I'm airborne and I don't understand why, sometimes it unglitches when I shadow jump to my target after tackling slash, but it's really annoying xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sometimes I have the glitch where I keep running on the spot. This messes up my attackings
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Lovecraft - Lost City
    Lovecraft - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Something similar, but not the same thing necessarily, I'll try to use shadow teleport on a target, and it doesn't work at all. It just gives me the message "invalid skill".
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mm have this happen quite often, typically by mobs in patrol or those programmed to kite.

What I believe happens is that ex:
    -You're in stealth
    -You stand by mob and hit tackling slash
    -As you're hitting slash, the game de-cloaks you just before the hit
    -The mob is programmed not to occupy the same space as you and notices immediately when you come out of stealth(starts moving away)
    -As Tackling slash runs it's channel time the mob is still in limbo on patrol and continues moving until the effect of tackle takes place
    -If at this point the mob has exceeded the range of tackle and is immobilized, my guess is a syntax error occurs and that is why you are unable to attack until you're aggro value is reset.

For the one's I expect this from ex: 79 or Abbadon, I just sleep the bish and avoid the issue all together.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What I believe happens is that ex:
    -You're in stealth
    -You stand by mob and hit tackling slash
    -As you're hitting slash, the game de-cloaks you just before the hit
    -The mob is programmed not to occupy the same space as you and notices immediately when you come out of stealth(starts moving away)
    -As Tackling slash runs it's channel time the mob is still in limbo on patrol and continues moving until the effect of tackle takes place
    -If at this point the mob has exceeded the range of tackle and is immobilized, my guess is a syntax error occurs and that is why you are unable to attack until you're aggro value is reset.

This, or nyan nyan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This, or nyan nyan

OMG Noooooo! My ears....and my eyesb:cry

On Topic: this happened to me several times during bosses, but I never payed attention whether TS was the culprit...I'll have to experiment next time.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It happens sometimes in PvP too, which is sooo annoying. >_<
    Especially when it gives the person with a huge ego an extra boost because you couldn't finish them off -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:cute i never had this problem, im too poor to buy demon tackling slash lol
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:cute i never had this problem, im too poor to buy demon tackling slash lol

I loledb:laugh
    (with you, not at you)
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • CuteButEvil - Harshlands
    CuteButEvil - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It happens to me too; without demon.
    b:victory
  • Xlionz - Sanctuary
    Xlionz - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    well i think the reason is because when u use tackle (either for damage or effect) the game makes it so that since u stopped ur opponent, it can give u time to run, heal, use a buff or etc. side not: HAIII TYPHY!! ITS AQUATIIDE!!!!! >_<b:bye AND LMAO AWESOME SONG

!