Rare pet camping

2»

Comments

• JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There's like a TONNE of rare pet guides on the wiki.

Here's one chosen at random:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rare_Pet_Taming_Guide

My guide b:thanks
    I still gotta update it though, with the tab select etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thadra - Raging Tide
    Thadra - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Anyone on my server want to team up against Zayda and Flacalli, I am game. They have tames perfectly timed and most likely work with one of those companies that sell in-game gold for RL money. Who needs that much money if they are using it on their toons? It doesn't show in their gear, that's for sure.

I agree that you should be allowed one rare pet tame a day. Maybe others can get a quality pet without buying hercs or paying in game millions for a cub.

Also if a GM reads this, please check and make sure they aren't using hacks. Their tames look really weird and they are the only venos I have seen that tame like they do. I have -channeling gear and use -channeling pots sometimes, and my tames never look like theirs. I might have thought maybe because they are higher lvl, but one is way higher than the other, judging by gear. Thanks!
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Anyone on my server want to team up against Zayda and Flacalli, I am game. They have tames perfectly timed and most likely work with one of those companies that sell in-game gold for RL money. Who needs that much money if they are using it on their toons? It doesn't show in their gear, that's for sure.

I agree that you should be allowed one rare pet tame a day. Maybe others can get a quality pet without buying hercs or paying in game millions for a cub.

Also if a GM reads this, please check and make sure they aren't using hacks. Their tames look really weird and they are the only venos I have seen that tame like they do. I have -channeling gear and use -channeling pots sometimes, and my tames never look like theirs. I might have thought maybe because they are higher lvl, but one is way higher than the other, judging by gear. Thanks!
    Sounds like 2 certain venos on heaven's tear who were caught botting and multiclienting the rares all the time o.o. Altho they weren't impossible to beat, because even though they used bots, their real skill sucked xD.

I believe the venos your talking about use bots, there's plenty out there if you search right I guess :/
    I'm still training venos on HT, mostly because they want to have a chance against high levels or bots, some split up to more servers to enjoy taming and such. If you need tips or training I can help you :)

EDIT: Also, i've been working with my little sister on Archosaur server, I have a full list of the low rare pets (pig, cat, frog, cub) times, venos who pop there and other useful info, if anyone out there is interested just ask :).

Double edit: If anyone out there wants to learn more about this i'd suggest making a guild or so for that purpose, if people needing help want that, i'll make an alt on archosaur server and start it with my little sister.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i definately don't like idea "rare pet gets person who first go there". everyone who will have 2 computers can just leave their veno there and others wouldn't have a chance to get it all.
    only way to incease chances to get rare pets is if they make spawns for every rare at the same time. then tamers would only get one pet instead of 5+ pets per spawn. then if there are to many players at cub, you could go catch other pet and sell it for money to buy cub. In my opinion selling rares isn't a bad thing. people need money and nonvenos also wants all class pets. venos aren't the only ones in game who wants them.
    edited August 2010
    It's about how fast you are, you will OFTEN see high level venos attempting to do this old trick. High chan, pots, high pet that one hits rare to 100 hp, fast tame. Sounds easy doesn't it? Well you'd be SURPRISED how many high venos fail at this, my little sister's seen a lot of them attempting that, but she still caught like 7 spawns that day. If you see a high veno, you'll know she wants to catch it real fast, meaning she will either use a high pet to dd it to low then fast tame it, or wait for combined pets of other venos to do the damage instead, it sometimes cant be avoided since they will send pets in and kill it if the high veno's pet DDs aswell. I suggest focusing on the rare until you got your tame all set, then you can look around you to see who does what, if you start taming before the high veno then there's already a good chance for you to catch it.

Also, about the full hp tame, it's not quite like that. The pet will get hit but it sometimes won't show as going down, last spawn the exact thing happened to my sis. High veno attempting to fast tame it with a kowlin, fails, kowlin starts hitting and sis tames with "full hp" its actually the fact that kowlin hit it but it got tamed too fast for the hp to show as lower, something like 0.001 seconds after it got hit... rare but not impossible.
  • kisjozisi
    kisjozisi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i definately don't like idea "rare pet gets person who first go there". everyone who will have 2 computers can just leave their veno there and others wouldn't have a chance to get it all.
    only way to incease chances to get rare pets is if they make spawns for every rare at the same time. then tamers would only get one pet instead of 5+ pets per spawn. then if there are to many players at cub, you could go catch other pet and sell it for money to buy cub. In my opinion selling rares isn't a bad thing. people need money and nonvenos also wants all class pets. venos aren't the only ones in game who wants them.

Why would any veno go to the rare pet and wait for hours if she knows the spawntime?Who cares if someone was there first?Then she dont know spawntime or shes just stupid. So that idea is just lame, I agree.
    Rare pets spawn at same time after every maintenance...If a high lvl/-chan veno can tame more pets after eachother its the fault of other venos who cant tame it in time/ or they **** up spawntimes,(or there are no venos there at all and the pet is running around for minutes/hours.) so there is sometimes a huge time difference between rare pets, wihch is not the high -chanl venos fault.
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    doesnt it help to get a cleric squad with u n do red bubble for channelling? (idk if that stacks with the geniething)
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    kosinki wrote: »
    Hello, I didn't see a thread about this so I thought I'd bring it up. I assume people don't discuss this because they do not want to give up death times, which is understandable. I did want to ask a question about it though. The last few times I've been camping, the monster gets tamed before it takes any damage. So does that mean its just luck on getting the egg? If no venomancer damages the pet and all attempt to tame from full life instead, than doesn't that mean everyone has an equal chance?

I just wanted to bring that up as discussion. If anyone had any suggestions for getting that lucky tame.

taming a pet that has full hp (even that u are a high level and have a lvl 10 taming skill) is possible with ****.I saw a lot of venos got banned for this
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2010

thadra if u didn't know zayda uses hacks to catch rare pets.taming a pet that has full hp (even that u are a high level and have a lvl 10 taming skill) is possible with ****.I saw a lot of venos got banned for this.I have a veno with the same chanell gear like zayda but it is more slower than her and a lot of people said to me that she uses hacks.
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
    edited August 2010
    Ill say this again, you can't be certain she really tamed with "full hp", unless nothing (genie/pets/persons) hit the pet at all. It sometimes looks like the pet was tamed with full hp, but you'll notice the pet hit it yet the hp bar didnt show as lower even though the mob took damage. I saw this happen these days aswell as in the old days, its simple lag nothing more. If the veno just channels fast as hell and gets the pet each time with full hp, then I would consider that a **** as even the best veno in the world has to fail once.

Does she use any pet?
    Does the pet get close to the rare when she casts?
    Does she attack with the genie or any skill of her own before taming?

If you can answer these, I can tell you for sure if she hacks or not.
  • Uchiha_nanao - Raging Tide
    Uchiha_nanao - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Jolly are you still selling the rare pets?? Like a Piggy? Because i want one, i dont have flying pets, i dont like anyone, except for the Piggy and the Fowl, if you have or know someone pls tell me.
    uchiha_nanao/venomancer lvl95-Leviathan b:pleased
    _Nayra_/Seeker lvl48- Naughty b:cute
    edited September 2010
    If u know when it spawned.. just come back 12h later and not wait 8 hours.. Cause thats just insane.

Rare taming is a game. I tame rares because I enjoy it. You meet ppl there and yea It might get u some money. Right now the prices of the rares are so high, no1 will buy em. I intend to sell em for less.. to get the price down.

If u'd kill the rare on purpose id report you :]

Congratz u caught the bear. But I suggest u use tab to select it ;] Make sure ur close enough tho, or u end up like me taming a scorpion!

Jolly are you still selling the rare pets?? Like a Piggy? Because i want one, i dont have flying pets, i dont like anyone, except for the Piggy and the Fowl, if you have or know someone pls tell me.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You realize you'd both have to be on the same server to buy a pet from her, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited September 2010
    yeah, i know but i can make a char in her server, right?
  • SilverTail - Raging Tide
    SilverTail - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hey I know this is an old thread but I'm still having problems with Edited. They tame the kowlin perfectly and often before I can even click on it. I don't know how they do it but I even use channeling powder and the pet vanishes before the spell is half through. Is there anyone out there that can sell me a kowlin for cheap? cause I'll die before I buy one from Edited... they sell them in Lost City. I've seen them tame the kowlin 5 times in a row, flawlessly... Same way every time, then they do the same thing afterwards. I heard that after stealing the Kowlin, they go to the Armored bear spawn... Is there anyone out there that can help me? I really want this pet (Kowlin) and I've been trying to get it for over a week now :( b:cryb:surrender
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Closed for necro, also naming and shaming is against the rules.
This discussion has been closed.