Updated Genie FAQ

Options

Comments

• Khyl - Raging Tide
    Khyl - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you, im noob here, so im learning, very useful, thanks again :).
  • Shaylamis - Raging Tide
    Shaylamis - Raging Tide Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    but help dont say how to feed a genie.

grab a chi stone and put in genie slot (without unequip the genie). and genie mp grow up
  • Malachi_N - Raging Tide
    Malachi_N - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So I want my genie to learn skills and I know I have to take it the Watcher of the Earth, but when it tells me to place my genie in the slot, the genie won't stick. It has enough affinity to learn at least 3 skills. Am I missing something?
  • YueSama - Raging Tide
    YueSama - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So I want my genie to learn skills and I know I have to take it the Watcher of the Earth, but when it tells me to place my genie in the slot, the genie won't stick. It has enough affinity to learn at least 3 skills. Am I missing something?

Did you unequip it before moving it to the slot?
  • valentinaaa
    valentinaaa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hello. im playing on the chinese server i just came over for some advice.
    My chinese is really bad so here I was randomly trying to decompose my genie ( reading the post here ) as the stat points that were gained when it lvled was horrible. So well, i decomposed it and it turned into an exp stone? O_O i m not sure.
    Then, i wanted to get another genie but the NPC wouldnt pop up the question for me to have one. b:surrender

I panicked and thought, maybe i shld sell the exp stone.
    den i'll get back my genie >_>
    But nth happen and im now genie- less
    can anyone teach me as to what i should do to get it back? =/
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You can only get one free genie. After that, you have to pay 3 mirage celestones to make one.

The experience cube from decomposing a genie contains all the XP it earned on its highest level, and can be used to partially level another genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • galiena
    galiena Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    can you buy chi stones? Or is it only from decomposing armor? And where do I go to decompose the armor? Thanks ^_^
  • Zuthiok - Harshlands
    Zuthiok - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How do i fill the genies stamina. It says you need to use some kind of stone? how do i obtain this stone?b:thanks
  • DethByPurple - Lost City
    DethByPurple - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How do i fill the genies stamina. It says you need to use some kind of stone? how do i obtain this stone?b:thanks

Players sell them, and you can get them from quests.. as well as craft them, yes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+1
  • deragheth
    deragheth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    it is good starting info.
  • cinatit
    cinatit Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nice guide, thanks so much =)
  • spawntx
    spawntx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    silly question from a noob but why is it i cant see my genie flying around with me?
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I read this guide and the non-updated one but I didn't find the answer to me question. I looked in the PWI wiki and it says that you can also get more skill slots according to my genie's Lucky points. My genie recently got to 50-60 lucky points and it already has four skills from before that and I was wondering if I can get a 5th skill just because of the Lucky Points and without 40+ Magic Points. And what would happen if my genie's lucky points went below 50 and lost the 5th slot that had a skill in it?(If it had the slot in the first place)
  • Jetboard - Raging Tide
    Jetboard - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    is there another way to get a genie besides infliction???!!!!!!
    i want zeal or other T.Tb:sadb:angry
  • SolemnSiren - Archosaur
    SolemnSiren - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mmm well I made a cleric for the fun of it and when i equipped it's genie nothing popped up...so I tried unequiping and requiping it but nothing changed...and it's not high enough lvl to have any fairies trading places with it so idk what's up. But if you do plz reply b:laugh thx
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol i fixed the genie thing I guesss it was just a glitch...and jetboard if you really want another genie save up 3 mirage celestones or buy it in Arch...but they're usually expensive...
    edited October 2010
    Options
    spawntx wrote: »
    silly question from a noob but why is it i cant see my genie flying around with me?
    either you don't have it equipped the right way or it was some glitch like i had...try unequipping and requipping it then maybe quit then get back on the game. If it still doesn't pop up I'm not sure what to say...o. o because mine showed up after all that...so sry if it doesn't work > . <
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Someone asked how to use the cube of enlightenment and since I just figured it out I wanted to share.
    Click XP Infuse in the genies attribute menu drag the cube into the slot click infuse then confirm and voila.
  • midnight7fang
    midnight7fang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hey, people.

I'm not really new (lvl 15 Cleric.. lol) but I just decomposed my Genie. I feel like hitting my head on a wall. Anyways, it infused into a Genie EXP Cube and I can't get another one (Genie). ):

I know I can buy/trade one for 3 Mirage Celestones but... NOOO! Please help me. Is there any other way to get one?
    The last page of a fairytale:
    Rewritten and changed to tragedy.
  • tomkis29
    tomkis29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hi, why I can't learn Genie skill. I can'not drop Genie to box

genies.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Arcanal - Lost City
    Arcanal - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The genie needs to be unequipped and in your bag, only then can you drag it into the skill learning window.

@ OP, b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tomkis29
    tomkis29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The genie needs to be unequipped and in your bag, only then can you drag it into the skill learning window.

@ OP, b:beatup

Ok thanks. But what you mean ''unequipped''. Now I drop to ''learn skill box'' , but all skill is inactive.

P.s. sorry for a language
  • MadTrigga - Harshlands
    MadTrigga - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hey peepz,
    need a bit of help:

i have a 58 Discipline,
    it has 45 Mag [5 base + 40]
    now: i cannot learn new skill [ 5th] can somebody tell me why?
    as far as i understood, 40 magic gives +1 skill slot. at 40 mag, i saw i couldnt buy a new skill, so i put in 5 more [thinking 40 + base will do it] but still no success.

PS: i have coins / spirit / affinity for the skills i wanted to learn...
    Thank you in advance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Now genies must have a certain number of lucky points to learn a new skill. I'm not sure how many it takes to learn the 5th skill (that's why I came here -.-)

Maybe the "updated" FAQ needs to be updated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ive already answer MadTrigga on her own thread before.
    LP = Skill slot
    0 / 4
    51 / 5
    71 / 6
    81 / 7
    91 / 8

Or just chech here http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Genie_Guides the wiki get so many information now, so i think we must use it more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • afzaldeen
    afzaldeen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    where could i buy new zeeni to extend my powerb:dirty
  • lixy358
    lixy358 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So I've read all of the posts about genies I could find but I never found anything that can help me with this.
    I can't find the "Watcher of the Earth" NPC. I know they're supposed to be next to the Elder in the starter cities ...but there's no one there, seriously! x-x And I know that you can get a genie at level 1 but my mage is level 8 now and ...I still can't find the blasted NPC. ;-; Please help~
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lixy358 wrote: »
    I can't find the "Watcher of the Earth" NPC. I know they're supposed to be next to the Elder in the starter cities ...but there's no one there, seriously!

lemme guess, you're playing a tideborn. that's the only race where the watcher of the earth is out of sight from the elder.

go down to the main circle area of raging tides, walk around the circumference, and duck into the garden-like side area off to the western (IIRC, it was) side of town. you'll find the taoist (who you'll need to talk to soon enough anyway) and the watcher of the earth.

also, search these forums --- and read the main PWI website's help pages --- for how to use the "coordinates assistant". that will be no end of help in finding NPCs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • lixy358
    lixy358 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lemme guess, you're playing a tideborn. that's the only race where the watcher of the earth is out of sight from the elder.

go down to the main circle area of raging tides, walk around the circumference, and duck into the garden-like side area off to the western (IIRC, it was) side of town. you'll find the taoist (who you'll need to talk to soon enough anyway) and the watcher of the earth.

also, search these forums --- and read the main PWI website's help pages --- for how to use the "coordinates assistant". that will be no end of help in finding NPCs.
    I wish that was the case but I'm not a Tideborn, I'm playing a Human mage and I was looking in Etherblade for the Watcher...