Updated Genie FAQ

124»

Comments

• ahab345
    ahab345 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok this may seem like a dumb question but what exactly does a genie do? I have one and I THINK he helps me in my fights. What else does he do? Do his attributes enhance mine in any way? Obviously im new here (level 9). Thanx for any help...
  • Atoeda - Archosaur
    Atoeda - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I hate gienes :D
  • babytrue
    babytrue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I realy got a probnlem with learning new genie skilld so can someone tell me what i need to do to learn new skills

I really apreciate it b:thanks
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    babytrue wrote: »
    I realy got a probnlem with learning new genie skilld so can someone tell me what i need to do to learn new skills

I really apreciate it b:thanks
    There are three requirements for genies to learn skills:

1) The genie is high enough level. If your genie isn't high enough level, then the Watcher of the Earth won't even give you that skill as an option. The solution is to level up your genie.

2) The genie doesn't have the right affinities. The affinities are earth, fire, metal, water, and wood. Your gets one affinity point every five levels, plus one starting affinity point. Right-click the genie's portrait to get the genie window, then click the "Affinity" button, and then click the element icon to level up your genie's affinity in that element.

3) You have to have enough Spirit Points (SP). Genie skills cost you SP, so make sure your character has enough SP to level up the skill.

For more information, see the Genie Guides entry in the PWI wiki for all sorts of useful information, or see Ecatomb's Genie's skill page to get an idea of what the skills can do, and what their level, SP, and affinity requirements are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Reading this thread I learned the first genie was randomly given to you. I am interested in changing my genie. What is the proper way of decomposing the genie to preserve what you have invested already?

I know there is a 'Decompose Genie' option at the Watcher of the Earth where the genie experiences is saved into a genie cube to be transferred from the old to the new genie. What about the Affinity points already allocated to the five elements? Could those be saved and re-allocated to the new genie's skill requirements? Do I need a 'reset' stone to save off the Affinity points?

I would like to know how to do this switching out of genie properly. Thanks !!

NVM: my solution is to get a second genie, A Zeal with the level 1 initial Earthflame skill. Since Earthflame is an initial skill, I can use it right away. Changing genie out when I need to use this skill to single pull. No need of decomposing what I have built up in my original genie.
  • Nanasawa - Raging Tide
    Nanasawa - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I got dsconnected from the server and when I logged back on my genie was dead.... Now that it has recovered its HP its no longer flying around me. How do I summon it back out after it dies?
  • miliek
    miliek Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hi Im a mystic, and I dont know what stats should I take for my genie, can someone help me? And one more question where can i get Zeal genie, and how much it cost?
  • meshael17
    meshael17 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Its funny how all these Genie FAQs never mention the most basic thing a noob like me needs to know. How do I get my Genie to participate in fights?

My Genie just flies around and never attacks, etc.

Please help, I would really like to take advantage of what my Genie may have to add to my mob fights.

RLC
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    meshael17 wrote: »
    Its funny how all these Genie FAQs never mention the most basic thing a noob like me needs to know. How do I get my Genie to participate in fights?

same way you get yourself to participate in fights.

don't think of a genie as some sort of semi-autonomous pet; it's not. it's a container for four to eight extra skills, nothing more. once you teach it some skills you have to trigger them manually, just like your own skills. i recommend hotkeying your genie's skills for ease of access.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • palmerdale
    palmerdale Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm still learning PWI, but I've come across a genie-related problem. I got an EXP cube showing 1000 XP, and added it to my genie. But the cube gave my genie only 999 XP and the cube now shows 1 XP. I can't add the cube to my genie; it says 'not enough experience' when I try to level up again. Now, the cube just hangs around soaking up a bank slot. Is there some way to get this one last XP out of the cube and into my genie? I need that bank space!!!
    edited July 2011
    palmerdale wrote: »
    I'm still learning PWI, but I've come across a genie-related problem. I got an EXP cube showing 1000 XP, and added it to my genie. But the cube gave my genie only 999 XP and the cube now shows 1 XP. I can't add the cube to my genie; it says 'not enough experience' when I try to level up again. Now, the cube just hangs around soaking up a bank slot. Is there some way to get this one last XP out of the cube and into my genie? I need that bank space!!!

this happens sometimes due to rounding errors in the calculation of how many XP's to actually transfer. (you didn't think your genie would get 1:1 XP's from the XP's in the cube, did you? oh no, PWI's greedier than that.)

what you can do is wait for your genie to level up a few times; this might change the rounding so that last point becomes accessible. or better yet, just drop the cube on the ground --- because, seriously, one genie XP point is worth just a little less than the dust on your shoe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    this happens sometimes due to rounding errors in the calculation of how many XP's to actually transfer. (you didn't think your genie would get 1:1 XP's from the XP's in the cube, did you? oh no, PWI's greedier than that.)

what you can do is wait for your genie to level up a few times; this might change the rounding so that last point becomes accessible. or better yet, just drop the cube on the ground --- because, seriously, one genie XP point is worth just a little less than the dust on your shoe.

Or, in addition to the ideas that LenieClarke so tactfully proposed, you could vend it at an NPC. Most genie XP cubes are worth 100 coin, no matter how much XP remains.
  • gamehut
    gamehut Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    where do i get genie skill scrolls b:sad
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    gamehut wrote: »
    where do i get genie skill scrolls b:sad
    <_< Genies don't need scrolls to learn skills, but they DO need to have a certain set of Affinity (elemental) points to learn a skill. Lets take Holy Path for example. It's a level 25 skill (your genie must be lvl25 to know it), and it's Affinity is 2 Metal, 2 Earth, and 2 Wood. Only when the genie reaches 25 does it have 6 affinity points to spend, and spending it in that order opens up Holy Path to be learned =D That's just an example though.

You can teach your Genie skills at the guy that gave you the genie in the first place. You can check all the skills genies can learn by right clicking the genie, clicking the affinity button, and then clicking the "Skill Inquiry" button down at the bottom right corner. Or go here. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • gamehut
    gamehut Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    where do i get genie skill scrolls or what ever they are called thnx
    edited July 2011
    gamehut wrote: »
    where do i get genie skill scrolls or what ever they are called thnx

nowhere. no such things exist. if you're asking about something else, then we can't figure out what you mean.
  • samslifestory
    samslifestory Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Can anyone tell me how much are zeal genie level one go for these days?
  • Venorica - Lost City
    Venorica - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    can i know what is the ideal stat build for my genie : longetivity / b:thanks
    b:heart Perfect World
    b:heart Vacation
    b:heart Holiday
    b:heart Winter
    b:heart Bruno Mars

b:chuckle
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    STR: 1 point of str adds about 1% damage to a genies skills
    DEX: 1 point of dex increases the range, duration and success rate of status effects
    VIT: 1 point of vit increases the max energy of your genie by 1
    MAG: 40 points of magic gives your genie 1 more skill slot to learn a skill
    erm magic doesnt change amount of skills genie can have...only Lp, Lucky Points can change that...
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)