Best PVP Class

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:chuckle no lol

Edit: after reading people seem to think sins suck at 1 on 1 with Bms and barbs...well i have owned 8x bms and barbs so **** if u havent played a sin tyvm

I've been killing 8x sins since level 70 on my BM... Just saying.

EDIT: Today I killed a Demon Sin at level 78 on him.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Take it back! TAKE IT BACK! Quick, before Hamsta uses his almighty noob powahs on you!!

Joshcja going to has unpleasant surprise in a few years now.
    b:angry
    Have you actually tested this? I was pretty certain that the % you get from wood pots was static. Much like how I assume Strength of the Titans and how I know Frostblade works.

Frostblade damage isn't amplified and is based off the mage's matk. If you receive Frostblade from a sparked mage, the damage output of the buff is higher, and from what I know is the same either sparked or unsparked.

I assumed that wood pots worked in a similar fashion, that the % of damage you get is a static number assigned when the wood pot was taken, not flexible over the duration of the pot, but I haven't tested this so I don't know and won't pretend to.

Wtf Michael?
    o.O'
    Your understanding of the frostblade be flawed.
    D:
    It be based on some sort of stat of the receiver. (Which be why a level 1 noob doesn't 1 shot like level 20+ mobs after receiving a triple sparked frostblade from a level 90 wizzy)

We actually has a thread testing frostblade and stuff.
    x.x'
    Also it adds damage on top of your normal (or mayhaps reduce a bit iono didn't get that detailed into testing) since physical classes like archers/bms/barbs/etc still do damage even though everyone else sees RESIST! when they wack water immune mobs/bosses.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    since your assuming cleric buffs mire would do almost nothing to begin with and the brighter sins would just save geni to AD your gank squad/BR/EP

Mire seems to be broken though. I haen't noticed a difference in damage from a 100+ str genie and a 50-ish str genie. I don't think it adds the modifier to the debuff, honestly. Maybe someone has tested it, but I've only compared with two different genies and I hadn't seen the difference.

Extreme poison is much better for PvP, though it's only single target.

@ michaeldark think theres a old thread in bm/archer fourum that tested this... seemed accurate so im going with it way to lazy to dig through the mounds of fistsux zomgmybuild and Q.Q archers at 90 spam for it atm

Yeah I can't be bothered to look either.

Wtf Michael?
    o.O'
    Your understanding of the frostblade be flawed.
    D:
    It be based on some sort of stat of the receiver. (Which be why a level 1 noob doesn't 1 shot like level 20+ mobs after receiving a triple sparked frostblade from a level 90 wizzy)

We actually has a thread testing frostblade and stuff.

The damage of Frostblade is based on the matk of the caster that gives you the buff, not a % of the base physical attack.

Here:
    Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
    Breathe an icy breath onto a squad member's weapon giving
    their normal attacks extra Water damage equal to 40% of
    your base magic attack. Lasts 15 minutes.

Demon version always increases bonus damage to 50%.

Silly hamster, don't even know your own skills :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Desolve - Sanctuary
    Desolve - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think archers are the best at dueling. sins or charmed barbs for maybe pker
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The damage of Frostblade is based on the matk of the caster that gives you the buff, not a % of the base physical attack.

Here:

Silly hamster, don't even know your own skills :P

But level 1 lowbies still can't 1 shot level 8+ mobs.
    Q_Q

Here we go...ish..sort of?
    o.O

Well the conclusion be that it gives 30% + damage of the receiver's weapon damage.
    x.x'
    Has nothing to do with teh mage, Michael.
    (>.<)'

Me wonder if it stacks with that one assassin skill.
    Lol
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thunder_fist - Harshlands
    Thunder_fist - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:surprised no1 mentioned psys at all, i guess we are being looked down upon b:sad
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:surprised no1 mentioned psys at all, i guess we are being looked down upon b:sad

Psys can hurt, but ohhhhh so squishy with their atk voodoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    here's the food chain

Barbs>Wizzies>Bms>Sins>Archers>Psys>Venos>Clerics.

imo barbs r the best and toughest to kill. and no this isn't a QQ thread it is more state of facts.

What kind of foolishness is this? Sure barbs have the best survivability ingame. Doesn't mean they are the best PVPers.

Barbs : Having the best HP won't matter, because once you get stun locked , its over for you. It just take a bit longer than other classes. On top of that, armageddon is only reliable to use people that don't know how to block attacks. Beating them with mighty swing (which is OP) because of 100% accuracy. I beaten classes without even being level 59 yet as barb. But I lost some as well.

Wizards : they hit like bricks coming at you, but their hp is low, which is able for classes to get wizards whooped pretty quick.

BMs : op stun lock and OP diamond sutra, enough said. But they can't do it when they are locked.

sins: they have some OP skills (stealth is just fail) , I laugh at people when they say "no stealth = no sin" so they only have auto attacks and stealth? LOL. Besides, they are still very squishy

archer: weakening heavy and arcane users with their skills, but lack of survivability which is pretty easy kill.

psychics: guess what, they 2-5 shot people, but they get 2-5 shotted back. Or either way.

venoes: venoes are OP in PVP, pet skills, bramble hood, self heal, soul transfusion and ofc they have something to switch your HP/MP as well. That is until refines become refined enough till their pets become a one shot. I never really fought venoes, I skipped them the most. they become average when you and her have the same type of refined gear

clerics: most clerics go vit i think, but just because of their build or they usually heal, doesn't mean they are the weakest link, though they can die fast. But they can kill you fast as well (pure magic clerics ftw), on top of that they have sleep/immobilize in their arsenal.

Summing it up

Gear > level > who hits first > skill

Skill has little to do with pvp which is why its boring and yes, I'm on lost city as well as heavens year server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    But level 1 lowbies still can't 1 shot level 8+ mobs.
    Q_Q

Here we go...ish..sort of?
    o.O

Well the conclusion be that it gives 30% + damage of the receiver's weapon damage.
    x.x'
    Has nothing to do with teh mage, Michael.
    (>.<)'

Me wonder if it stacks with that one assassin skill.
    Lol
    xD

lol, PWI and it's correct skill interpretations yet again.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I love how everyone seems so wrapped up about Psys and Sins these days, all because they are the newest class and supposedly OP.

Sin- "Ohhhh, look at me, I can go stealth, triple spark, come out of stealth and stun, and DD to the best of my ability, hope to get a lucky crit (Which by the way will do more damage than a normal crit because I used the skill) and if I can't kill you by the time you become un-stunned, slept, etc. then I will run like a little wuss and hide in shadows again until I can call backup and come back to kill you." =.=

Psy- Actually... I've never really seen one of these in PvP. So, this is barely legit.

I don't know. I personally loved PvP-ing as a veno. And I don't mean the whole routine of nix/pet, kite, kite, be a nub and not know how to use skills, pet dies, run to safezone. No, I mean PvP WITHOUT the use of a pet.
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • Niteshadows - Dreamweaver
    Niteshadows - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:chuckle no lol

Edit: after reading people seem to think sins suck at 1 on 1 with Bms and barbs...well i have owned 8x bms and barbs so **** if u havent played a sin tyvm

let me list 2 reasons why u beat 8x bms and barbs.

1. they r 2 stupid to break ur stunlock think that their HA will save their ***.

2. lol, ur ****** kidding me. the other reason why u beat them is becaus they don't know how to play their damn class.

with that said either they're fail or ur just lucky.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010

1. they r 2 stupid to break ur stunlock think that their HA will save their ***.

2. lol, ur ****** kidding me. the other reason why u beat them is becaus they don't know how to play their damn class.

dude, just lol. even weaklings can PVP. Its all about...

G
    E
    A
    R

get it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Yulk Well, Better gear isn't entirely true. Wizzeled who got perm banned cuz he pked the hell out of cube, had +10 tt99, ence, snowflakes, frost: chaos, cube neck, warsong belt, and lunar cape. Fully sharded with vit stones. With love tome and +12 HS.

Yet he still gets owned by mediocre gear people.

So i think its better to say, if they actually know how to play.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    @Yulk Well, Better gear isn't entirely true. Wizzeled who got perm banned cuz he pked the hell out of cube, had +10 tt99, ence, snowflakes, frost: chaos, cube neck, warsong belt, and lunar cape. Fully sharded with vit stones. With love tome and +12 HS.

Yet he still gets owned by mediocre gear people.

So i think its better to say, if they actually know how to play.

The same archer i saw on forums before... b:laugh i didn't know that'd happen. But I believe you about the ban because I could of swore that he wanted to get himself banned, he even begged for it b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i almost miss wizzeled annoying ***** that he was it was one of me goals to follow him around pking him whenever he ventured out of SZ once i finished farming gear...for weeks on end

it would have been beautifull and the WC Q.Q would have been epic

b:sad
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Niteshadows - Dreamweaver
    Niteshadows - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    people shouldn't even qq and request a ban on a player whether it be on a carebear server or a pvp server. if it allows u to pk then don't be a puss about it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    people shouldn't even qq and request a ban on a player whether it be on a carebear server or a pvp server. if it allows u to pk then don't be a puss about it.

way to talk abouta topic you have not been playing long enough to know about that happened on another server

i bow to your great wisdom
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited August 2010

b:chuckle level 50 carebear knows how to pk? btw i dont do stun lock caz it's really **** i just attack :O nabshet
    I've been killing 8x sins since level 70 on my BM... Just saying.

EDIT: Today I killed a Demon Sin at level 78 on him.

:O well im i kno how to play :) not every sin is fail u kno. i cud prob beat ur bm and i cud prob beat ur 95 cleric :)
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *3! 2! 1! FIGHT!* The sin stealths. I fly up a bit. The sin says, "lol wtf are you doing". I just spam physical marrow. Right when he comes out or after his stun is off, i use my anti stun and Punch Punch. Luckily for me, a lot of sins always fall for my True Emptiness trick. :)
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • CuttlyTiggy - Lost City
    CuttlyTiggy - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ijs clerics **** venos
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    *3! 2! 1! FIGHT!* The sin stealths. I fly up a bit. The sin says, "lol wtf are you doing". I just spam physical marrow. Right when he comes out or after his stun is off, i use my anti stun and Punch Punch. Luckily for me, a lot of sins always fall for my True Emptiness trick. :)

b:chuckle ur pr0 at pking man
    ijs clerics **** venos

ijs, the private server I play on veno's 2 shot people with 50k of hp.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The best PvP class is obviously the one that trash talks the most.

Win or lose, it's all about how badass your text is, amirite?
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Ellantria - Heavens Tear
    Ellantria - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Best PVP Class.

+12 Nirvana *insert class name here* with +12 Warsoul and full +10 vit stones.

/thread
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • MCH_CAZADOR - Lost City
    MCH_CAZADOR - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    sin>all
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    stealthed sin>all

stealth in cooldown/detection potions = run sin run!

sin in tw/duell < anything that got bramble buff
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ijs, the private server I play on veno's 2 shot people with 50k of hp.

I think I've made my point.
  • Zetsulight - Harshlands
    Zetsulight - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    spamming sin<person good at their class
    good sin=person good at their class
    good sin<+12 gear
    +12 sin=+12 gear any class

that's pretty much sums it up. what u guys think?
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    I think I've made my point.

what? That you fail, then yes u made your point. :D
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You do realize that an LA 5aps sin is going to take twice the amount of damage from a same geared HA 5aps BM would take right?

If you think LA tanks better than HA then you should just uninstall now. BM's can actually tank a sin 5aps with phys marrow + demon bell/buddha guard to get 40K-100K P def until the stun-lock is broken to kite them until demon spark is worn off. LA have no chance at all to tank a 5aps.

HA 5aps > LA 5aps in terms of PvP survivability.

I didn't say tank, besides sin will always get first hit.. , occult ice, bye bye BM

or has harshlands got really fail bms? b:laugh
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ur class yesh. lol. bms and barbs no. sins have a terrible time against bms and barbs of equal gear as them. the only way a bm or a barb for that matter could lose to a sin of equal lvl and equal gear is if they messed up somewhere on trying to break the sin's stunlock. now an archer has an even better chance to fend off HA's because they use magic attacks along with their phy attacks. now to revert my opinion and:

+12 geared class>+12 wiz :)>barb>bm>sin>archer>bad geared barb>bad geared bm>every other class

... oh god someones an idiot..