Gank!!!1oneunoeins

Andres - Dreamweaver
Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Tideswell (East)
No, not really, but I bet you all think of it. Not much to say, Dynasty Vanquish and EQ going at it the same day b:shocked

What's your opinion on who will win it? EQ has been recruiting, Dynasty and Vanquish have always been hard targets. Saturday will be fun, and I may have to miss it b:cry
[sigpic][/sigpic]
We came, we saw, we painted it red.
10/10/10 Calamity
Post edited by Andres - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't know. I think Dyna holds off Tempest. EQ and Cala both defend. Everything remains unchanged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Not gonna matter. None of the 3 are willing to defend their land against calamity. As long as a decent defense is up, they're just gonna give up mid-battle.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Calamity wins. 'Nuf said.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010

b:cutei like you.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Knaifer - Dreamweaver
    Knaifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Here is what i am hoping for:

Cala Get all the lands > They celebrate > Cala disbands > Free Lands for everyone b:victoryb:laugh

Although i seriously doubt its gonna happen...
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Here is what i am hoping for:

Cala Get all the lands > They celebrate > Cala disbands > Free Lands for everyone b:victoryb:laugh

Although i seriously doubt its gonna happen...

It's happened before on another server. b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Conquer didnt conquer the new map thou xD would be first time well nefarious did have all map for 3 hours or so xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    A quick summary of the 3 way attacks:

Equinox war started at 8:00
    Calamity sent 70ish people initially to deal with this war. Held a full 80 players Equinox remarkably fine during the first minutes of it, until they started stronger pushes.

By that time, 8:03 war of Dynasty began, I was told Dynasty showed up with around 70 people, to fight against 30 Calamity members. We were able to hold on Dynasty strong DD pushes through several lanes, to the cost of a few million HP from our crystal, this would force Calamity to move 2 squads from Equinox war by the 15 minute mark to support Dynasty and 1 squad to wrap Vanquish up.

At 8:06 Calamity sent in 18 people to fight about 50 people in Vanquish war
    We held vanquish at choke 5 in B path, where towers were built, Vanquish did 3 pushes through B before giving up and switching lanes, by that point we dropped Vanquish B towers up to enemy gate towers by the 30. At that point we received orders to finish the war ASAP and move to Dynasty war. We did 2 catapult pushes and destroyed Vanquish crystal at 8:45

at 8:45 the 3 squads in Vanquish joined the 6 squads in Dynasty, made a full B push, and won the TW by 9:00 server time.

From 9:00 to 11PM server time, we turtled with coordinated catapult pushes in Equinox war, our crystal hit a lowest of 3.6m with 1 hour left on the war, and that was the last significant Equinox push. Our crystal will stay unharmed until the end of the TW, while Equinox Crystal finished with roughly over 1 million HP.

Fun TWs, incredibly effort by Calamity, we fought 80 Equinox members, 70 Dynasty members and around 50 vanquish with 120 people and won all our wars. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical that we would pull through, but my faction once again showed me the kind of heart they can put to defend the red on the map. Not for TW pay, not for map domination, but because it's what brings us together, what makes us a family. Much love to Calamity, and respect for Equinox, Vanquish and Dynasty. I'm sure we'll see each other again next week. As for EQ, we'll see them tomorrow, and they already had a new 3 hour war, so who knows, I think that they can very well defend their land this time.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I was told Dynasty showed up with around 70 people, .

Holy shizzle. I've never seen 70 people logged on in Dyna before let alone 70 people fielded.

I missed this TW though. Still hold my skepticism.b:scorn
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    A quick summary of the 3 way attacks:

Equinox war started at 8:00
    Calamity sent 70ish people initially to deal with this war. Held a full 80 players Equinox remarkably fine during the first minutes of it, until they started stronger pushes.

By that time, 8:03 war of Dynasty began, I was told Dynasty showed up with around 70 people, to fight against 30 Calamity members. We were able to hold on Dynasty strong DD pushes through several lanes, to the cost of a few million HP from our crystal, this would force Calamity to move 2 squads from Equinox war by the 15 minute mark to support Dynasty and 1 squad to wrap Vanquish up.

We held vanquish at choke 5 in B path, where towers were built, Vanquish did 3 pushes through B before giving up and switching lanes, by that point we dropped Vanquish B towers up to enemy gate towers by the 30. At that point we received orders to finish the war ASAP and move to Dynasty war. We did 2 catapult pushes and destroyed Vanquish crystal at 8:45

at 8:45 the 3 squads in Vanquish joined the 6 squads in Dynasty, made a full B push, and won the TW by 9:00 server time.

From 9:00 to 11PM server time, we turtled with coordinated catapult pushes in Equinox war, our crystal hit a lowest of 3.6m with 1 hour left on the war, and that was the last significant Equinox push. Our crystal will stay unharmed until the end of the TW, while Equinox Crystal finished with roughly over 1 million HP.

Fun TWs, incredibly effort by Calamity, we fought 80 Equinox members, 70 Dynasty members and around 50 vanquish with 120 people and won all our wars. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical that we would pull through, but my faction once again showed me the kind of heart they can put to defend the red on the map. Not for TW pay, not for map domination, but because it's what brings us together, what makes us a family. Much love to Calamity, and respect for Equinox, Vanquish and Dynasty. I'm sure we'll see each other again next week. As for EQ, we'll see them tomorrow, and they already had a new 3 hour war, so who knows, I think that they can very well defend their land this time.

Hmm, where do I sign up? =x lol

Seriously sounds like one hell of a community calamity has over there, too bad I am not interested enough to help with tw's, etc. =X

That kind of spirit is just another reason why I feel you all deserve to have all the lands if that's what you all are after.

I for one hope that calamity does NOT disperse... I would like to see two power house guilds going at each with every thing they got, and still be respectful to each other off of the battlefield.

Also very nice to see equinox has NOT given up, was starting to wonder with the first/second weekends of the 'horrendous' update.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Foxyline - Dreamweaver
    Foxyline - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Andres <3 b:cute
    First of all, love your TW reports b:thanks

And Slivaf, your "That kind of spirit is just another reason why I feel you all deserve to have all the lands if that's what you all are after." was great! Well said and thanks for this!b:thanks

xoxoxo
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    e, 8:03 war of Dynasty began, I was told Dynasty showed up with around 70 people, to fight against 30 Calamity members.

With all due respect, we haven't fielded over 60 people in months. That being said, our strategies were highly ineffective for reasons which I don't even know as I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to attend. I managed to come on early in but was not privy to any plans.

It was a blast of a TW though as I really have gotten tired of Tempest slinging muck at us. With a few, marked, exceptions, most Calamity members tend to be fairly respectful during and after TW. Many thanks for a fun weekend.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    With all due respect, we haven't fielded over 60 people in months.

I find it hard to believe a TW faction can't find 80 people to TW with, but I guess my friends in Dynasty that told me around 70 people was online to fight us were just trying to demoralize me prior to the war. I wouldn't even try attacking a faction if I wasn't sure I could get enough people to fight them... maybe its time to lower your recruitment level? b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Lunality - Dreamweaver
    Lunality - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I find it hard to believe a TW faction can't find 80 people to TW with, but I guess my friends in Dynasty that told me around 70 people was online to fight us were just trying to demoralize me prior to the war. I wouldn't even try attacking a faction if I wasn't sure I could get enough people to fight them... maybe its time to lower your recruitment level? b:surrender

I honestly don't recall having 70 people online, but my memory sucks so I can't quite vouch for this. Quite less than 60 have signed up, however, and some of the ones signed up have had a change of plans. Even so, an online count wouldn't have been too accurate considering that a number of people do not have 100 hours or just do not wish to TW. I estimate that we had 50 to maybe 60. Did Vanquish really have 50? o.o

Dynasty's recruitment level has been lowered recently. Although, to be honest, as much as I love it when anyone shows up for TW b:thanks I don't quite see a level 75 - no matter how good - taking down a level 100 player in a TW. Also, most TWs are for the fun. :p

I'm sorry, that was unnecessary of me. b:surrender But anyway, nice TW, Cala. b:cute
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I honestly don't recall having 70 people online, but my memory sucks so I can't quite vouch for this. Quite less than 60 have signed up, however, and some of the ones signed up have had a change of plans. Even so, an online count wouldn't have been too accurate considering that a number of people do not have 100 hours or just do not wish to TW. I estimate that we had 50 to maybe 60. Did Vanquish really have 50? o.o

Dynasty's recruitment level has been lowered recently. Although, to be honest, as much as I love it when anyone shows up for TW b:thanks I don't quite see a level 75 - no matter how good - taking down a level 100 player in a TW. Also, most TWs are for the fun. :p

I'm sorry, that was unnecessary of me. b:surrender But anyway, nice TW, Cala.

b:cutehey with 15 level 75's i might die D:

b:surrenderout of 6 deaths, 5 were by Raiden_
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *Whines and moans about not having tws*
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I had to drop out early 'cuz I kept dc'ing b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I'm sorry, that was unnecessary of me. b:surrender But anyway, nice TW, Cala. b:cute
    I was taken down by a 7x wizard in Dragon Temple
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    How the game calculates damage
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214921
    How attack and defense levels work
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7777152&postcount=20

To my understanding:
    30 attack levels JJ blessings;
    a lvl 70 character
    a lvl 100 target

The lvl 70 will deal the lvl 100 target damage of his/her skills, as they were both the same level. However, they lvl 70 will feel the lvl 100 attacks well... I dont think I need to continue that explanation.

JJ blessings were introduced to the game as a way to "level up" TW for GMs, they may not help you win 1v1. But TW has never been about 1v1 PK, you go to OT for that.

So yes, a lvl 70 can drop a lvl 100, if he/she is smart. If he/she is smarter, he/she won't try to do it alone. Specially if your enemy is outnumbered at least 2 to 1.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Lunality - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I'm sorry, I must be tired. Could you please elaborate on how you figured the following?
    To my understanding:
    30 attack levels JJ blessings;
    a lvl 70 character
    a lvl 100 target

The lvl 70 will deal the lvl 100 target damage of his/her skills, as they were both the same level.

To be honest, I wasn't too sure that another damage reduction other than the 75% standard one - and resistances etc - was applied to PvP. I've also failed to find any information suggesting otherwise in that first thread. Then I've searched for it in my more preferred source (http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage). If you mean the physical defense/magical defense reduction based on the attacker's level, then it's far from being a 30% damage difference (if you meant 30%). If you've meant the level damage reduction, the same as on TT bosses, then according to http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop the damage reduction would be very different, too. Anyone know if that one applies in PvP, though? I'm not entirely certain...

Even then, x*0.70*1.03 =/= x

Anyway, please prove me wrong if I am. I'm kind of curious about this, now.

As for the rest, there are too many other factors that would interfere. >.> Such as the level 100 attacking back his opponents(...), actually doing something other than just standing there (such as using HP food), the gear difference (refines, HP, weapon...), if skills are leveled, etc. But then, you're right, that would really depend on who the level 100 and levels 70 are. As for Dsholder, I assume that you were at the least water debuffed from a mob. b:shocked

But then, I haven't considered in my previous post other ways anyone's useful in TW. Purges, Amps, Heals, other buffs/debuffs, morale... b:cute
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    From your own source:

damage dealt = skill damage dealt * PvP damage delivered * air to ground delivered * level delivered * bless delivered

Add to that attack and defense levels calculation. Level delivered effects can be seen when you go to PWI calculator and stat magic/dex/str into a character, and then just start leveling it up. You'll see an increase on both attack and defenses + 5 skill points per level.

There's pages of this discussion in PWI forums, and I've written some my own on Calamity forums but generally as you can see from all the posts quoted by both you and me, there's no official instance on how anything of this applies, just player experience. As both the wiki, PWI database and the forums are player edited.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Lunality - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    From your own source:

damage dealt = skill damage dealt * PvP damage delivered * air to ground delivered * level delivered * bless delivered

Ooh, thanks, I've somehow completely skipped over the part above that, "Damage delivered through these reductions all multiply together so don't bother shooting a player that is 40 levels higher than you from the air (unless you use a nix). " etc. So it does seem to be the same damage reduction as for mobs. So then, from my understanding of the "delivered" parts - mind, I might be wrong with this understanding - , if a level 70's skill somehow does 10k, both persons are on the ground or both are in the air, and the level damage reduction stays at 0.5 and doesn't go to 0.75 unless the player is level 60, then the person will hit a level 70 for 2500k and the 100 for 1250k - not counting the resistances. 1625 with the blessing, if the level 100's defense level is 0. That's still quite a difference. And the gear is not even taken much into consideration, yet.

However, you still haven't elaborated on your earlier statement that a level 70 will hit a level 100 for the same amount of damage as a level 70, with a JJ blessing. Some calculations would be nice. :/

Yes, the level delivered effects are a bit obvious...

And no, there's not much of an official instance on how this applies, except the tests and calculations done by people like Asterelle.

Anyway, thanks for taking your time to reply to my previous post.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sounds like you guys had a blast in TW last week-end :) b:victory

I'm glad to see EQ can still go head to head in a 3hrs fight with Calamity. And I'm glad to see Calamity hasn't lost its ways.
    Give my best to BB (I'm actually happy to see he's the current Calamity Leader) and to all who still remember me there.
    GL to my friends in EQ too, I hope you guys give Calamity a run for their....mirages b:chuckle

...and see u all in GW2 b:bye

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pacothenoob - Dreamweaver
    Pacothenoob - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    With all due respect, we haven't fielded over 60 people in months. That being said, our strategies were highly ineffective for reasons which I don't even know as I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to attend. I managed to come on early in but was not privy to any plans.

It was a blast of a TW though as I really have gotten tired of Tempest slinging muck at us. With a few, marked, exceptions, most Calamity members tend to be fairly respectful during and after TW. Many thanks for a fun weekend.

our TW's vs dyna have been fun and for whatever reason we get near a win and dont quite get it be it time or an actual push out of your base. Also when have we been slinging muck at you? One night i made the comment dyna has many chickens of doom (reffering to your nixes not your players) and it was like my chat filled up with people thinking i insulted you all. We dont need to hurl insults to make you look bad you already do it for yourselves. I have friends in Dyna our attacks on your land is nothing personal its about fun this is a game remember and fun is supposed to be had. Maybe when you all remember that you can take a look into your factions and see what loyalties they hold to you and which you hold them. I have many loyal and active members some which came to pwi with me from another game some which have been with me 3 years gaming and in Tempest since its beginning we wont fall like other factions to the usual bs because our core is strong and as youve seen many factions come and go were still here growing stronger each and every day with or without owning land. .... anyways ill shut up now as im just ranting b:victory love peace and chicken grease
    Funniest tw request ever b:thanks
  • Sarson - Dreamweaver
    Sarson - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010

As I recall there were roughly 30 people online and roughly 24/25 could actually attend the TW.

As it was my first TW I didn't really know quite what to expect and am thankful to Calamity for showing me that I need to adapt my playing style to suit TW and hope they continue to maintain the effort the put into all their TWs.

I am unable to comment on the other factions' performances since I have yet to get to know them and am unaware of their histories.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I am unable to comment on the other factions' performances since I have yet to get to know them and am unaware of their histories.

They all suck, just an FYI.

I keed, I keed! b:laugh
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Its sorta funny how it seems you all think Andres is just slinging out random numbers when he does a write-up :P

Just saying I doubt he'd do that b:chuckle
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Its sorta funny how it seems you all think Andres is just slinging out random numbers when he does a write-up :P

Just saying I doubt he'd do that b:chuckle

Well considering he was off on the Dynasty and Vanquish attendance, can you blame people for beginning to question?b:surrender
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well considering he was off on the Dynasty and Vanquish attendance, can you blame people for beginning to question?b:surrender

Well, considering that he was told the numbers by outside entities (i.e he didn't have the ability to actually count each head himself), then questioning his mathematical skills based soley on that would be pretty fail on everyones part. ijs
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Well, considering that he was told the numbers by outside entities (i.e he didn't have the ability to actually count each head himself), then questioning his mathematical skills based soley on that would be pretty fail on everyones part. ijs

Fair enough.

Then perhaps one should check their sources before they create a huge wall of text that took me 10minutes to read D: