• Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
    Michiyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All the good ppl r secretly waiting for forsaken world and guildwars 2.
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The are still here. But it's easier to help someone with a low lvl bosses/dungeons then to help with higherlvl bosses/dungeon, timewise.
    Fb19 - < 10 mins
    Fb29 - 10 mins
    Fb39 - 45 mins
    Fb49 - >1 hr
    Fb59 - dunno never helped one with it sofar, but i think >1 hour

there are alot of ppl between lvl 30-50 who can help with fb19 but are are less ppl between 70-100 who can help with fb69. Soo the higher u are the less help u will get. I dont think ppl are less willin to help. There are just less ppl that can help. Not everybody ingame is going for the higher lvl's.
    My impression. If u dont agree: fine, if you do: even better.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All the good ppl r secretly waiting for forsaken world and guildwars 2.

No I am not. >_>
    To better MMORPGs.

The ones that died out years ago?
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i agree with this ^^

anyways, i used to help a lot, but i kinda stopped when i stopped getting thank yous, or the people just wasting my time (taking forever to get there, going afk, like they dont even appreciate that theyre getting helped). Though, i do still occasionally help out, and there is the rare person that says "thanks so much! thanks thanks" and that just makes me smile. but most the time, its just, when finished, they just leave the party ._.

pretty much....

last couple days (just a little every evening if ur wondering why its taking so long lol ... and yes I know about the cube but wated the drops) I have been leveling my venos new herc at a spot next to luminoc where theres a mass of melee mobs for fast leveling. oddly enough as few people as I see in the newbie areas anymore when i pass them there has been a constant stream of people coming by to kill their culti bosses. when they see herc running around alot of them ask for help. or just common chat askin if anyone is around that can help.

one archer came by and said "can u kill kashu for me?" herc had 10 or so mobs on him and I was healing so i didnt answer right away. so they asked again. and I gave no immediate answer. she then aoed the about 5 I had left at that point, asked again, and started picking some drops from the first mobs that fell. I reluctantly agreed anyway and we went to kashu, I killed him, and began running toward drake. she says "what about fugma?" I said we were killin drake. killed him and she says "fugma now right?" killed him and got a "thanks bye" *leave squad*. we had piked up a sin at kashu and he thanked me after every boss and gave a seemingly very grateful thank you at the end.

its people like the archer that makes you not want to help.

if there were only more people like that sin.

The other week I spent about 45 minutes walking a squad of 3xs through fb29 because they were all new, hadnt done much as a squad before and wanted to learn and did very well. its those kind of people that make you want to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not sure which is more to blame. The newer crop of players who whine incessantly about getting someone to help them power level, or the jaded older players who just assume anyone hitting the 'Create' button within the last 6 months is just some oracler who isn't worthy of guidance.

Just had to quote that, its quite true. Fuzzy has run into both types.

As for helping, me find Fuzzy spending more and more time these days helping people. The only thing me not do is run an bh or kill a boss etc. for a single player. Someone posted earlier about lower level people somehow being able to press the "easy button" and get a higher level player to do what they need. Because of this, unless it is a close to full squad, Fuzzy won't go.

It is amazing however, as jaded as most of the posters seem to be (which is sad) me would guess that 9 times out of 10 the lower level players do take the time to say thank you. Many people Fuzzy helped along the way were thankful and have even joined me guild upon reaching the level requirement simply because they remember getting a helping hand once or twice along the way. These people are an asset to Fuzzy's faction. It goes to show that even now, what goes around comes around.

...Not to say its all good. Fuzzy has on occasion had the unfortunate displeasure of helping the other type of player everyone has described. Needy, whiny, short-tempered, and un-thankful. Me just try and suck up these bad experiences, and not paint all the other players with the same brush.

More often than not, Fuzzy gets a thank you, and for each one of those, me inclined to help out one more person.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To better MMORPGs.

I know i'm on the lookout for one

Same as everyone, i stopped helping people when i saw they considered it MY OBLIGATION to help them, it's like "hey you're lvl 96, you have to destinate 95% of your free time doing stuff for me just becase i'm a low level", is it really THAT hard to say "thank you"?
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • SapphireElf - Sanctuary
    SapphireElf - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dunno I wish they would come back.
  • jimiburg
    jimiburg Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dunno...im a noob here, but a veteran player, i would appreciate any tips, but I dont expect any of you to hold my hand thru stuff

Noobs should be expected to figure out to do lots on their own IMO....with good advice how from highers only
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know i'm on the lookout for one

Same as everyone, i stopped helping people when i saw they considered it MY OBLIGATION to help them, it's like "hey you're lvl 96, you have to destinate 95% of your free time doing stuff for me just becase i'm a low level", is it really THAT hard to say "thank you"?

I am definitely on a lookout for mmos, currently waiting for Vindictus to release (In CB right now). I have actually helped several level 19's with their FB's just because my guild won't help me with my bh 59's when I needed them to. As soon as they finished the boss, they just left party, and one of them was like, "You should help me do all my future runs too!" And to myself, I was like "Oh! How do I do that? Do I right click your name and click Blacklist? Okay, that'll do."

But really, this game's gone so inactive it's been very boring lately because nearly all the high leveled guild members left the game due to TW changes, and so have I.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472