Hyperxp on PWI boutique agent

13»

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    really wtf managment? they are practicly rising the price of tokens , I'm a cleric and it was extremely expensive to play 40-75 because spaming healings using potions is terrible, I got finally to 75+ but now MP food prices is rising up fast thanks to unlucky cashshopers who dint get a good prize from a token so they get they're gold back overpriucing tokens now that ppl buy them as crazy. if MP food go 3-4X current price I guess the only person I'll heal it'll be myself and have to lvl up an archer to grind without paying tons of coins for potions and now expensive MP food (or just look for another asian FTP game since there are many out there these days)

15k tokens x 3= 45,000 for 50 foods or 900 coin per food........and it's 5k mana per food

It's still considerably less than npc pot or mp charm

QQ less pl0x
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    really wtf managment? they are practicly rising the price of tokens , I'm a cleric and it was extremely expensive to play 40-75 because spaming healings using potions is terrible, I got finally to 75+ but now MP food prices is rising up fast thanks to unlucky cashshopers who dint get a good prize from a token so they get they're gold back overpriucing tokens now that ppl buy them as crazy. if MP food go 3-4X current price I guess the only person I'll heal it'll be myself and have to lvl up an archer to grind without paying tons of coins for potions and now expensive MP food (or just look for another asian FTP game since there are many out there these days)

really wtf this noob? tokens were 15k for 3 months since the 1st packs anyway, this is just moving the tokens back to their original price range, if you dont like it.. tough luck.

As people already mentioned, even with 15k per token, it is still a lot cheaper to use them compare to npc pots and charm

go find something better to QQ about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Disclaimer - I did not read all of the posts in this topics, so please forgive it I repeat anothers' thoughts.

It seems to me like they might raise the level cap...The push to level more, level faster...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Kyphe - Harshlands
    Kyphe - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It seems to me like they might raise the level cap...The push to level more, level faster...

Razing level cap I like....

The faster leveling...notsomuch....
    Any problem can be solved through the application of explosives. If at first you don't succeed, you didn't use enough.

"Murphy: Hay guys wutz goin on hur LOL btw LAGBEAST GOES RAWR!!!"~XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Alright well this is how hypers helps people who dont abuse it.

Regular People goes to work 8 to 10 hours a day. We get home , we like to relax a bit and enjoy the game.
    It is true that we have bh , cs , wq ,mq to level up faster. But sorry we dont have time to be on all day to all that.
    I know the next statement will be it only takes 1 hour each max, well i dont know how about trying to find squad with wines. This causes time to built up if your doing bh, cs (if you have alots of money use this method ) . World quest fastest wing withouth using teles takes about 50 minutes. Mq if you are married yea great another 40 minutes or so.

I guess the last two option would be hypers and oracle. Oracling is a waste of money in high level unless your very rich. Which finally goes to hypers. For everyday regular people hypers helps us reach the same level as our friends so we can all play together.

So stop complaining and saying that level 100 people have no idea how to play their classes. Yea its true that there are some but trust me it doesnt take 2 years to learn a class in a simple game.

At the sametime no matter what level you are , if you havent done something before you will be new to it until u get use to it. This can be TT, RB, Nirvana , Lunar or any instances or event.

So relax and calm down instead of just saying omg hyper noobs! .

I do agree that the sudden price drop on hyper does suck for those who stock up and sell. But atleast now everyone can do make more parties at higher level and learn more about the end game.

Regular people ruleZ!
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This causes time to built up if your doing bh, cs (if you have alots of money use this method ) . World quest fastest wing withouth using teles takes about 50 minutes. Mq if you are married yea great another 40 minutes or so.

- You're 90. I have never had to look for more than 5 minutes finding a full stacked squad for BH79. Lost City is the most popular PVP server. I highly doubt it's different on there?

- Whut? I've never had to do MQ for longer than 10 minutes except if I get one of the two quests that have you collect a drop form mobs and it's not a 100% drop.
    Are you setting your animation to walk to the NPCs? o_o

Anyway, on topic.
    Release of rank 9 > Specifically only put the picture for the R9 daggers on the website > Hypers on sale/in boutique.

It's all a plot to make people hyper an assassin to 101 and get R9 b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So, have Token prices on the other servers fully recovered too, or is it just Sanctuary?

I got up this morning all bleary-eyed and wasn't paying attention, saw tons of people wanting to buy at 11k+ and thought, "Wow! Quick profit!", and sold 100m worth of Tokens for about 6% more than I paid for them just a couple of days ago.

Then I figured out why the price had gone up and started kicking myself, thinking I'd just sold them for too cheap. But prices are right back down to where they were a couple of days ago and I've already bought several thousand more for cheap, so I actually did the right thing despite being an idiot.

-EDIT-

Right now I'm doing my month's worth of Crazy Stones. I'm tempted to turn on X12 and get an extra ~200k XP, now that Hypers are so dirt-cheap. I suspect I'm not the only one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't mind the prices of hypers now. The thing that scares me is the amount of noobs that will be brought up. People who won't know what to do with their class. People who are level 100-101 who have never done a single Delta or Gamma. High level barbs who ask "What's Invoke?" All true stories. b:cry

I will laugh my **** off if people hyper to 106, and then start going back to try to do their cultis. Sorry, Delta ends at 105 b:pleased

I dunno, try not barbing it up and bother getting mana regen powders and use them. The 100 ones you can sit there spamming back to back IH for 10 mins and have 0 cost in mana. Or continue to stupid along and spend a ton of money. Only AoE hits putting you in battle state would harm this method.
    Alright well this is how hypers helps people who dont abuse it.

Regular People goes to work 8 to 10 hours a day. We get home , we like to relax a bit and enjoy the game.
    It is true that we have bh , cs , wq ,mq to level up faster. But sorry we dont have time to be on all day to all that.
    I know the next statement will be it only takes 1 hour each max, well i dont know how about trying to find squad with wines. This causes time to built up if your doing bh, cs (if you have alots of money use this method ) . World quest fastest wing withouth using teles takes about 50 minutes. Mq if you are married yea great another 40 minutes or so.

Heck, I play even less than you guys do, am not in a guild, and still have no problem getting thing done.

Get on, turn in old days and start new days attendance, hit crazy stone and WQ start and WQ1 location. Run in to do cube, takes around 30 mins, pop out and start doing WQ (CS time is already finished). Use TP master in beginning since it is so cheap, then start flying between points as I AFK and go to store/cook food/watch tv/whatever. When I come back, set next point and see if anyone has WCed for a BH I need. Pre-100 levels should always, ALWAYS have a 3 stack of BHes. When one comes up, stop WQ to go do BH. After BH continue on WQ or call it for the day. WQ can be finished whenever, and you still have that days you can pick up after turning it in.

If someone is standing around, waiting to finish one thing before doing another, then it will take longer. But doing things stupidly are always worse. Just stack em all together, and hit starts and turn ins at the same time to speed things up. Anything with a timer, get early so it finishes as you are doing one of your other quests. It takes 2-3 hours to hit the major dailies (dunno about MQ and that would be a pain for time sensitive anyways). Coincidentally, that's about how often I play atm.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mp regen powders puts you in battle mode also while you use BB and mp regen for BB just isn't enough. If there is another cleric in squad, he/she definately will override mp regen with buffs atleast couple times
  • PooRitan - Sanctuary
    PooRitan - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the hyper baby problem was already big enough.
    now it will become even worse.

the game is just like that, that you miss alot out when you power level and skip so much content. when you don't have the time to practice. don't have the time to learn, to work on your gear, to experience the game and all the things you can do.
    then you are not capable of playing the game right.
    its like a cheat code that gets turned off automatically when you reach 100+ and you are game over because you have no clue how to play without.

it leads to frustration of the old players who simply don'T find anymore enough good players to play with who know what they are doing. they quit.

it frustrates the new players who hyper up to 100 in no time because they can't handle their class, are undergeared, have no clue of the dungeons, bosses and game mechanics and just fail in trying them.
    it frustrates them to get yelled at because they fail. it frustrates them to get called hyper babies (but thats just what they are) and they quit too since they get not accepted by the old players and there isn't much to do after hitting the 100 anyway.

i probably can't speak for all old people who play since 2008 but what hooked us up on playing this game was the long way to where we got until now with our toons.
    all the details of this beautifull game, quests, instances, the feeling of making an achievement after working for it hard. i would have quit long time ago when i would have lvl'ed to 100 in 1 or 2 months. thats just like you finished up a little cheesburger and walk out the door looking for the next game.

the result is a reduced player base for all. cash shoper, non cash shoper, old and new people.
    faster level for all means a faster end to the whole game.
    think about it
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please explain your logic. If there are non-csers who don't have time to play or a lot of money to spend, then why should they be rushing to level?

Will you have time to sit through a full RB to do your Chrono? to get your 100 fairy? Will you run TT99 for gold mats? Will you have enough money to refine? to shard? to have end game gear? Will you sit through 1 hour Nirvanas or will you have the gear to be with 15min Nirvana groups? What will you do at lvl 100 that is different from what you will do now?

I don't have a lot of time to play either, I don't spend a lot of money either, but I'm not complaining about people being able to afford to hyper up because I play at my own pace. I merchant for my gear and level up as I see fit, not to keep up with people with more time and money on their hands.

I never said anything about rushing to level, or the need to keep up with other players, I in fact do play at my own pace as well. My boyfriend's barbarian is lvl 87, and we both started at roughlyt he same time. I simply level at a different pace. I merely mentioned the fact that hypers, when they are not abused in a cheap manner, can make some spots of the leveling process less tedious. For example, I absolutely hated doing the quests associated with Shining Tidewood and Orchid Temple, and a little extra boost in exp each day would have made the process feel a little more rewarding and a little less boring. As a Blademaster who makes use of all four weapon classes, I found it tedious, as well as taxing on resources, solo-ing many of the quests in those areas. I am now working on Swiftwind and Sundown/Arrivals, as well as finishing Angler village, and none of the quests or areas since then have been even remotely as bad.
    Also, do not assume that, just because I have access to hypers much more easily, that I am, or will be, speeding through the game. Even if I had the real life moneys to play such a way, there is no point, as it would take the fun out of doing the quests, as well as make the higher levels much more difficult for me in the long run. I have been using the 8x hyper for a few days now, and I use the full ten times allowed per day, on ten mobs. Getting 8x exp from ten mobs a day may not be much, but the boost helps, yet doesn't go overboard. Not to mention, I keep my genie leveled with me, so every time I level up, all of my exp goes into my genie until she is ready to level up.

As for you mentioning all those endgame things that I have yet to experience and learn about, I will not be reaching that point for at least a few months. I do not do factions, I play my BM with a build that most would probably consider a fail build, so I solo the majority of the game, and have only a few friends ingame. I do tend to have money enough to cover pots and repairs most of the time without extra grinding, though I do now have to grind a bit to afford sharding new weapons(I make all my weapons myself for the extra bonuses and sockets) I even managed to get my dual blades to +6 with the 5 tienkangs you get as one of the extra rewards during the Coming of Age quests.

I suppose I may have slightly gone off on a tangent. The point I was making, is that, just because everyone can abuse hypers and rush through the game, and just because some people are idiots who don't bother learn and experience their class, does not mean that everyone will abuse hypers, and not everyone is an idiot too cheap and impatient to learn and experience their class. It is just as wrong that people make such assumptions as another excuse to complain about something in the game that is not "perfect". As I said before, the number of idiots rushing to endgame would remain the same regardless, as the majority of people who play this game are CSers anyway. But at least now, they can be bought cheaper(At least for the moment) by those who, like me, wish to use them as a little extra boost here and there, yet don't have much of a CS wallet, if any. Nothing is perfect(ironically), but then again, this wouldn't be an MMO if people didn't **** and moan over every small little thing.
    In all, this is a minuscule change, and it does have it's good points. Rather than complain about it, we should all be pissing and moaning about actual problems that do not help anyone period, like the rubberbanding, or the DQ price reduction, or the fact that all of our complaining is pointless anyway because PWI refuses to try and get it's own team of decision-making developers.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not much is the way it used to be. I'd have to agree with you that Enrage is not causing as much drama as it used to, but I still think we are the cause of what little grief there is left on the server. Maybe if I cash shopped more I can grief more since that would only result in a temporary ban instead of a permaban.

So I guess my reply is.....If only the QQers now knew how annoying Enrage used to be.

>< its time we caused more drama...rawr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mp regen powders puts you in battle mode also while you use BB and mp regen for BB just isn't enough. If there is another cleric in squad, he/she definately will override mp regen with buffs atleast couple times

IB spam is the main healing method, and most likely covers just about everything the quoted person's 40-75 cleric had been through. Chances are they didn't do drummer boy. And if a cleric needs to be informed of BB's 1/4 regen, then they are a hyper baby/not worth dealing with. I had the joy of discovering it fighting hellsmite thinking 100 regen would be great. Luckily had a charm and pots, or all DDs woulda died.

But the places of BB being used over IB are few and on specific bosses. His costs will be coming from IB.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hey look @ the bright side.....maybe me and bm friend will both hit 105 this year with constant 1 hr. of hypers running for so cheap :) Do a few of the harder TTs now, sell the mats overpirced and buy 100s of hypers , that'll get the job done
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • CIoudStrife_ - Lost City
    CIoudStrife_ - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Unfortunately this strategy makes PWI a lot of money and screws over us poorer players. What PWI does is make really hard to get powerful gear suddenly common, so that us poorer players who have so long envied the richer players flock to get this "rare" gear at the "reduced" prices.

Levels used to be what everyone strived for, and since PWI made it easy with hyper stones and BH's poorer people have flocked to buy them up. Now that lvl 102 isnt even surprising anymore, they had to make it cheap.

The problem is that a few weeks, or months later PWI comes out with even BETTER gear, and all the rich players again far outstrip us normal players. Eventually nirvana will be ridiculously cheap, and rank 9 will be what everyone tries to farm. Then PWI will come up with something that makes rank 9 look like a joke.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Pretty sure PWi will release something epic upon lvling to 105.

Gives incentive for lvling....and ppl will use more $$$$ to get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Pretty sure PWi will release something epic upon lvling to 105.

Gives incentive for lvling....and ppl will NEED more $$$$ to get it.

That sounds a bit more accurate.

*cough*rank 9 equipment*cough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Pinku_ - Dreamweaver
    _Pinku_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If they are going to make soo many other things available for token exchange via the boutique agent it would be nice if they would add source of force and nix feathers too b:victory
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i see many herc/nix venos running around if that happensb:dirty.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    So what happens when hyper sale is over? 50k tokens?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    volst wrote: »
    So what happens when hyper sale is over? 50k tokens?

Nothing.

Even with hypers on sale, they're still 3x more expensive in the cash shop than they are with tokens.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If they are going to make soo many other things available for token exchange via the boutique agent it would be nice if they would add source of force and nix feathers too b:victory

Don't be surprised, there are still 3 spaces open in the menu ^^
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't be surprised, there are still 3 spaces open in the menu ^^

I highly doubt they'd add SoF or Feathers. They make lots of money from them.

I'm thinking that their hyper sales took a pretty sharp dive recently... making them available cheaply through tokens benefits PWE in the long run as more people hypering to 100 = more potential people spending money on the game.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I highly doubt they'd add SoF or Feathers. They make lots of money from them.

I'm thinking that their hyper sales took a pretty sharp dive recently... making them available cheaply through tokens benefits PWE in the long run as more people hypering to 100 = more potential people spending money on the game.

You may be right ^^ nothing would surprise me though.

I'd like to see some numbers. I always want to see numbers lol. I wonder how much they do make on SoF and feathers. I guess veno is a pretty popular class still? But it definitely comes with it's extra cost (herc and nix) Nice that it's balanced by the inherent veno ability to actually make money in-game. Don't forget to add in the time to keep pets leveled up.

With the current leveling trend that seems to have formed, why would a new player want to take on that additional expense? Ok, you don't need a herc, but you do need a nix at least ^^ Just oracle and hyper a sin to 100 instead.

Off on another tangent, it became clear to me a long time ago that nothing is sacred in this game. I remember for a looooooong time there were only a handful of ninetails mounts on the server. It was really cool whenever you saw one because they really were RARE, and they were rare for a LONG time. Now when noobs get excited about rare this's and that's my standard response is "Just wait a while and it'll be in the cash shop, don't waste a pile of money now, go level up" b:chuckle
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Next will be celestial insignias, hopefully.