Where did all the good people go?

TankingPK - Harshlands
TankingPK - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
A long time ago (when PWI wasn't screwed up) i walked in the western district of Archosaur and i asked for help i would get very much PM's.

Now my question is where did the nice and helping people go?
Nowadays i have to consume a couple of Trumpets(Teleacoustics) to get help with a BH.
Sometimes i think that the only way to get help, is to say this:

FB.. Free wines need help!

What the hell happend to the helping people?
Post edited by TankingPK - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Assassins killed them in their sleep. b:surrender
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    To better MMORPGs.
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I ate them.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    A long time ago (when PWI wasn't screwed up) i walked in the western district of Archosaur and i asked for help i would get very much PM's.

Nowadays i have to consume a couple of Trumpets(Teleacoustics) to get help with a BH.

I used to help people who need help with lowbie instances that I can solo or duo with +1 of my high level friends, but I simply don't play anymore because the game started to suck. I imagine I'm not alone. There are still many helpful people out there but I think they are just sick of being selfless in a community that doesn't appreciate them. Maybe they also feel betrayed by the game's developers and GMs and are less inclined to actually be active in game. It's true few lowbies these days are ever appreciative of the help they get, even though they have it so much easier than we did when the server started and everyone had to pioneer the instances at lower levels. I'd say we had more fun than them though.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Assassins killed them in their sleep. b:surrender
    i agree with this ^^

anyways, i used to help a lot, but i kinda stopped when i stopped getting thank yous, or the people just wasting my time (taking forever to get there, going afk, like they dont even appreciate that theyre getting helped). Though, i do still occasionally help out, and there is the rare person that says "thanks so much! thanks thanks" and that just makes me smile. but most the time, its just, when finished, they just leave the party ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i agree with this ^^

anyways, i used to help a lot, but i kinda stopped when i stopped getting thank yous, or the people just wasting my time (taking forever to get there, going afk, like they dont even appreciate that theyre getting helped). Though, i do still occasionally help out, and there is the rare person that says "thanks so much! thanks thanks" and that just makes me smile. but most the time, its just, when finished, they just leave the party ._.

Pretty much this ^^
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i agree with this ^^

^ yep
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i agree with this ^^

same thing here. I always loved to help people, but most of the time I couldn't really since I was too low lvl. Made me get some friends after trying and always received a thanks. By now... it seems people don't really care anymore, had a lot of times people just went afk or like: kk got it cya.

At this moment I usually only help friends out. Be it on their main, be it on their alt. At least I know they appreciate it >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear
    DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I gave them a sleeping pill?
    BarbHammer - 95 - Retired

DaggerSin_ - 101 - Active
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    players, like my family, used to get have our fun out of helping other people, making up squads to help them do their FBs and whatnot. (i doubt anyone here remembers the good old days when people used to hang around FBs, hoping for newer players to come along, so we could both help out and get the reputation...). but with PWI making this one of the most expensive game to play, with all their gambling packs, and high costs on simple necessaties, people such as my family are having to search elsewhere for anothher game, one that does not entail opening wallets and purses before agreeing to help out.

too much real money needed to play a game=games death.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There are still many helpful people out there but I think they are just sick of being selfless in a community that doesn't appreciate them.
    i agree with this ^^

that pretty much sums up my opinions as well
    I used to be the person who spent hours random buffing resing people in grinding areas and helping out in lower dungeons and fb's. however you get yelled at when you buff, demanded to be rezed and no thank you's for helping in instances.. after awhile you just stop doing it cause its not enjoyable anymore b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I used to be one of the helping kind.
    I helped with bosses for random ppl and faction of course. Also went into TT to help lower lvl ppl farm their gear, asking nothing in return. I just loved to help ppl out, since I could, so why shouldn't I?

I now ignore almost all cries for help since it goes like this:
    guildie: 'I need help with my BH59, can't get a squad'
    me: 'I'm sorry, I'm in my own BH right now, I can help after I'm done. '
    guildie 5min later: 'I see how it is, no one in this faction wanna help me!'
    me:' I'm still in my own BH, I'll help you when i'm out.'
    guildie 2min later: 'I can never get help around here, this faction's lousy!'
    - player bagd0uche left faction -

b:angryb:angryb:angry

and this happens on a daily basis now.

And also as mentioned before in this thread: You help someone with something big, which takes time and effort and prolly a lot of patience since they turn out to be annoying and at the end of the hellish ride you dont even get a mere 'thank you'.

so i only help ppl in my FL now ^^ saves me lots of frustration b:pleased
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Why do you need "help" with a BH. Its normally an easy instance 10-20 levels below you. You make a party with people that need it. Or thats what i always do on lower levels characters.

As far as i remember its always loads of people around Bounty Hunter NPC in the middle of Archo trying to make a party for BH49/59 or whatever and you tag along. I use trade/normal chatt and fill party myself if no one else starts it. Really just getting a tank for BH69 that can be tricky and requires a tele. But you're a tank, so shouldn't be that hard to find 1 cleric and a few DDs that needs same instance.

Or maybe im wrong and it changed? Maybe people recently stopped doing their BHs and just Hypers now lol b:shocked
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Or maybe im wrong and it changed? Maybe people recently stopped doing their BHs and just Hypers now lol b:shocked

It's all about Orcales nowadays
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Where did all the good ppl go you ask?

....to a better place, thats what..... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tidalira - Archosaur
    Tidalira - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Now everyone nowadays is having massive orgies with their hypers in FC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    embrace the power of FABULOUS
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^---- Omg i never have orgies in FCs O.O! *Moves to arch*

I used to be one of the helping kind.
    I helped with bosses for random ppl and faction of course. Also went into TT to help lower lvl ppl farm their gear, asking nothing in return. I just loved to help ppl out, since I could, so why shouldn't I?

I now ignore almost all cries for help since it goes like this:
    guildie: 'I need help with my BH59, can't get a squad'
    me: 'I'm sorry, I'm in my own BH right now, I can help after I'm done. '
    guildie 5min later: 'I see how it is, no one in this faction wanna help me!'
    me:' I'm still in my own BH, I'll help you when i'm out.'
    guildie 2min later: 'I can never get help around here, this faction's lousy!'
    - player bagd0uche left faction -

b:angryb:angryb:angry

and this happens on a daily basis now.

And also as mentioned before in this thread: You help someone with something big, which takes time and effort and prolly a lot of patience since they turn out to be annoying and at the end of the hellish ride you dont even get a mere 'thank you'.

so i only help ppl in my FL now ^^ saves me lots of frustration b:pleased
    Yeh......And theres like a billion teles of a squad looking for people >.>
    I dont mind helping but seriously it pisses me off when they dont even Try to get a squad first >.>"
    Once had a guy who didint want to look for a squad because it takes to much work....>,.> *This a few months after bhs came out so there were a hella alot of people at the bounty hunter guy looking for Bhs of all levels*

.............hmmm guess i do talk alot o.o"
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I stopped helping random pick up squads because when I do they become too reliant on it. Non-stop spam when I log in for help with their BH when they could easily go with people their own level. This is common amongst people in low level factions. People will complain they get no help, but have they ever given any help in return? Before people start pointing fingers about who is being selfish... they should ask what have they done to contribute to deserve any help.

When I started this game I never asked for help. Even until this day I never ask for help, period. I either go with people that need it or level up more and hold onto the quest. In the end... you're never going to improve your own skills as a player when you got someone holding your hand for everything. Just learn to stand on your own two feet every now and then and quest with people your own level. If you haven't first put any effort into trying the quest yourself... what makes you think people are going to put any effort into getting out of their own way to do it for you?

Demanding and expecting help from higher levels and wasting their time when you don't do anything in return is what drives all the 'good people' out. b:bye
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • siasio89
    siasio89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't agree with some of you. Majority of people say at last "Thank you for help" and then u can count on them. Maybe 1 noob of 10 players leave squad without a world.
    I think people are selfish and they focus on their own. The game became insane with being a rich and lot of good emotions have been lost.
    I help people becsuse it gives me a chance to make a new friend.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    People expect high level players to hold their hands through the game. It's kinda sad, but it's getting to that point now. Of course, half the high level players don't know how to play their class because they...well, you know the main offenders. (Oracles/Hypers, blah blah blah.)
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to add that people in faction complaining about their faction mates not helping them need to think about what they are offering in return. It doesn't work on a 1:1 basis. If you help out a guildie TWICE, that does not equate to you deserving help TWICE. Providing you do things normally with a 6-man squad, you have 5 people helping you, which means you should help 5 other people to be pulling your weight. Now you don't want to do that, right? Because it's sometimes a waste of your time to help 5 people without doing your own stuff and it wouldn't be fair to you. The solution to that is simply to find a party with the same needs as you so you don't owe each other anything. That is why I think it's better for low levels to party with similar leveled players, not only to learn their own class, but to make everyone's play time more enjoyable and productive (as unproductive as playing the game can be).
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a BH. I really wouldn't expect anyone to waste a hour or so of their time on a BH that he or she doesn't need just so that I can get my BH done. If someone does help, you better make sure you thank him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I started rpking b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Its pretty much becoming impossible to find a good squad for anything, yet alone someone to help with something that they won't really get anything out of. All the good players who know how to play their classes are pretty much gone, and everyone else is in frost. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wow, people have more to do than just sit around in chat waiting for the next big thing.

People shouldn't expect charity help. Quit being self centered.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • //Hysteria\ - Sanctuary12
    //Hysteria\ - Sanctuary12 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i find it easy to get help, but i also always say thanks, maybe they remember, or im jus lucky i unno, either way i find help not too hard to get usually, (strangers included)
    yes the wizard named hysteria on dreamweaver is also me
    sometimes i troll, deal.
    my post count always resets to 1 b:victory
    lolumad?
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    For me, it went like this.
    I used to help people as much as possible.
    I'd offer to help in TTs.
    I'd be the one to die and go back to town each time.
    But it didn't make me mad or angry.
    It was funny.

But now, if I die in TT everyone yells at me.
    "Why don't you have a res scroll"
    "They're cheap!"
    "You're a cleric, you should have a res scroll"
    "Clerics without res scrolls are fail"
    Blah blah blah.

Plus, as soon as I log in now,
    my "friends" squad me asking me to heal in FC/TT/etc.

Anyways, I'm playing veno now and I'm happy once more.
    I can help lower levels on my veno since I'm in a lowbie faction on my veno.
    To be honest, I'm scared of leveling my veno any higher now.
    Since I don't want the same thing to happen.

My two cents and sorry for going on so long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Lumecia - Raging Tide
    Lumecia - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    people these days who join a faction expects to get help straight away. if they dont get help they leave.....which is stupid imo. alot of newer players these days rely on other people for help....do hope it changes somewhat in the future.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I stopped helping when an archer came up to me and said

"Can you kill kimsa for me?"
    "q.q archer heals dont work"
    "well fine u dont have to be rude"
    "until u can heal me with your skill it isnt being rude"

she cared about getting her quest done. at the expense of other people. right, eff that