You don't have sage res? QQ!

Options
TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Cleric
This is probably just another QQ post but, something that really had bothered me is that everyone expects the cleric to have this skill if they're 90+ (or whatever the req is for learning it, can't remember atm). I used to run Nirvana with faction mates months ago (before this new update they put out a while ago) and I hated hearing all the QQ about my not having sage/demon res lol... Where when I died I lost the entire percentage lost without res. So I honestly have no sympathy for anyone when they cry about losing experience. Even in the 100+ I really don't care lol... Because I've stayed at around 5% for a long time due to dying without res or what have you. And I'm not all that concerned with leveling atm honestly but...

I dunno lol. People just do dumb things, like the phoenix boss in Nirvana. The barb(s) would stay in the fire that would appear and die, I'd res them, they'd get up only to die again because the fire wouldn't go away until the boss is dead (they should know this, esp when they've run nirvana before). Then cry that I don't have sage res. I really doubt that the small percentage you lose from your deaths even compares to what I lose lol... so either A) Buy me that lovely 25mil skill or B) buy angels and deal with the cost that I'd have to if I ever bought the skill myself.

It's just annoying. And makes me not want to squad with people who whine about their damn exp.

I was considering getting the item from the cash shop that switches your cultivation from sage to demon (and vice versa) since demon skills look to be a lot cheaper than sage. But I dunno. The cost of these skills is really what keeps me from affording them. And I really was running nirvana before so I could raise the money for these skills that I need but I hate listening to people cry about their deaths lol.

And I consider myself a good cleric, I've been playing this character since november 2008, and I know my class very well... I'm not by any means one of those BH'd or oracled toons. So I think I can keep people alive quite well but when they do something stupid that ends up killing them and they cry at ME about it? well that's just too bad lol.

I think all of us experience this sort of thing as is obvious by the many threads about bad squads we've got here in the cleric forum. I just need to put in my two cents about this whole demon/sage res thing. Not like mine is still lvl 1 I have everything to 10 (some are sage). Honestly people who cry about exp loss shouldn't be worth my time, but unfortunately it seems to be majority of people I run into. lol...

Anyone else get yelled at for not haveing demon/sage res? >_<
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is probably just another QQ post but, something that really had bothered me is that everyone expects the cleric to have this skill if they're 90+ (or whatever the req is for learning it, can't remember atm). I used to run Nirvana with faction mates months ago (before this new update they put out a while ago) and I hated hearing all the QQ about my not having sage/demon res lol... Where when I died I lost the entire percentage you lose when you die. So I honestly have no sympathy for anyone when they cry about losing experience. Even in the 100+ I really don't care lol... Because I've stayed at around 5% for a long time due to dying without res or what have you. And I'm not all that concerned with leveling atm honestly but...

I dunno lol. People just do dumb things, like the phoenix boss in Nirvana. The barb(s) would stay in the fire that would appear and die, I'd res them, they'd get up only to die again because the fire wouldn't go away until the boss is dead (they should know this, esp when they've run nirvana before). Then cry that I don't have sage res. I really doubt that the small percentage you lose from your deaths even compares to what I lose lol... so either A) Buy me that lovely 25mil skill or B) buy angels and deal with the cost that I'd have to if I ever bought the skill myself.

It's just annoying. And makes me not want to squad with people who whine about their damn exp.

I was considering getting the item from the cash shop that switches your cultivation from sage to demon (and vice versa) since demon skills look to be a lot cheaper than sage. But I dunno. The cost of these skills is really what keeps me from affording them. And I really was running nirvana before so I could raise the money for these skills that I need but I hate listening to people cry about their deaths lol.

And I consider myself a good cleric, I've been playing this character since november 2008, and I know my class very well... I'm not by any means one of those BH'd or oracled toons. So I think I can keep people alive quite well but when they do something stupid that ends up killing them and they cry at ME about it? well that's just too bad lol.

I think all of us experience this sort of thing as is obvious by the many threads about bad squads we've got here in the cleric forum. I just need to put in my two cents about this whole demon/sage res thing. Not like mine is still lvl 1 I have everything to 10 (some are sage). Honestly people who cry about exp loss shouldn't be worth my time, but unfortunately it seems to be majority of people I run into. lol...

Anyone else get yelled at for not haveing demon/sage res? >_<

FAIL.
    b:bye
    Also just tell them you has sage/demon rez.......
    Most don't even realize when their % goes down.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ehh you know what I meant lol. ><

And yeah that might work... if the people I were with didn't actually care about their experience lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol true they dont realize somtimes =P i once revived a someone random and she was like oh cool you got sage revive =D i had like erm is she dreaming lol i still have lvl10 xD
    but yea i just tell them if they want sage revive help me buy it then xP b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tell them if they buy it for you, you'll sage res them any time.

I'm not wasting 20 mil to save someone else's exp. Unles they buy it for me :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tell them if they buy it for you, you'll sage res them any time.

I'm not wasting 20 mil to save someone else's exp. Unles they buy it for me :)

This. +10000

Take the 20 mil and go refine some gear.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would like to see what's so IMPORTANT about sage revive [besides the range]

I would waste my money on demon revive instead b:chuckle
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • Miisa - Raging Tide
    Miisa - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    aren't res and guardian scrolls essentially dirt cheap when you're lvl 90+? seems smarter for people to carry those rather than expecting a cleric to spend a hideous sum on a skill that has essentially no personal benefits.

PLUS...scrolls channel faster and have a longer range b:chuckle
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

The person being revived does not lose any exp at all and will have full hp/mp.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    False, people who are ressed by demon/sage will still come back with 10% HP and MP. They just don't lose EXP.
    In TW though, sage and demon res are not a luxury but rather a necessity. However, if you're going to use res only for PvE purposes, don't spend so much money on a skill that doesnt' benefit you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Clercie - Sanctuary
    Clercie - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not gonna waste 20 mill either. I mean, what do you get in return?
    A thank you?
    Another invite for a dungeon run?

20 mill can be spend much and much better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not gonna waste 20 mill either. I mean, what do you get in return?
    A thank you?
    Another invite for a dungeon run?

20 mill can be spend much and much better

D:
    Me want teh thank you~
    QQ
    b:cry

No "thank you"s for you.
    :<
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ill get sage res, once i get all my endgame gear.
    Till then pple gonna have to deal and suck it up like the clerics themselves and get

-GA
    -charm
    -revive scroll.

hurray for equality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

-GA
    -charm
    -revive scroll.

hurray for equality.

+1 x 1000000000000
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The person being revived does not lose any exp at all and will have full hp/mp.

Demon version does that too b:pleased
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So happy someone posted this topic.

I mean i dinged 100 a year ago. I got all my sage heals, most of my attacks are sage (damn you tempest and razor feathers!) and I simply refuse to get lvl11 rez. The only way I'm learning that skill is if someone gives it to me for free, AND pays me the 1mil or whatever I need to learn it. Seriously.

I mean a level 100 loses 0.05% for every lvl10 rez they get. When a level 100 cleric towns they lose 0.35%.

I got back to PWI about two months ago at 40 something %. Up until last week I pretty much lived in Nirvana. Because of it, I'm now sitting at 3 something odd %.

So I just cringe when I see someone in faction begging for a cleric with lvl11 rez to go Nirvana when there's 10 perfectly capable clerics around with a level 10 rez willing to go.

I simply drop squad now if someone happens to invite me to a same party that person is in.

I mean sure, I'll get lvl11 rez and Nirvana with you. All I ask for in return is 5 GAs every time I use a key as insurance.

Because I just LOVE people that go "Trust me Ninny, I got this AD!" BOOM!

I know one level 100 cleric in my faction that has lvl1 rez. I would KILL if I could downgrade mine.
    b:dirty
  • SolSong - Heavens Tear
    SolSong - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've had friends come from across the map just to rez me. I had told my friends that one day I'd have sage rez and come help them out when the squad wipes occur in instances...cause I was tired of them losing EXP. Well, luckily I happened to be gifted with a sage rez before I hit 89 (when you can learn it) and they now know they can call on me.

For me it's sooo nice to be able to finally "pay it forward" for all those rez's they did for me coming out of their way.

On the other hand I don't usually announce that I have sage rez in random BH squads etc cause I've seen too many good kill happy if they know and die ... which can cause wipes.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ill get sage res, once i get all my endgame gear.
    Till then pple gonna have to deal and suck it up like the clerics themselves and get

-GA
    -charm
    -revive scroll.

hurray for equality.

Simple solution if they don't want EXP loss they can either do like you said... or pay the cleric for the book.

At which point the cleric can, if they choose, give that person 20mil (or w/e res prices are based on server) worth of GA+res scrolls saved.

At that point, cleric has paid off the cost of the res and is no longer obligated to even mention having it.

tl;dr version: +1 to the quoted post
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options

I would waste my money on demon revive instead b:chuckle

Yeah so would I, if I could use it. lol! I'm sage ><; Demon res is what like... 10mil less than sage res? last I saw one going for 14mil :/ So not fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    False, people who are ressed by demon/sage will still come back with 10% HP and MP. They just don't lose EXP.
    In TW though, sage and demon res are not a luxury but rather a necessity. However, if you're going to use res only for PvE purposes, don't spend so much money on a skill that doesnt' benefit you.

Really, because last I checked it says right in the skill description that they come back with 100% HP/MP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I saw demon rez extremely cheap for 10m last week. If I had the 10m, I would have bought it. The severely increased channeling speed of it alone is enough to where it can save my **** by getting someone that needs to tank alive again. Make no mistake, though, I do it for my own benefit -- not to be people's walking GS. A cleric should not feel obligated EVER to get sage or demon rez. The only benefit it can have is with demon and the benefit I like, hence why it's worth it to me, at that price. 20m+? Hah! Don't waste your coin.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Really, because last I checked it says right in the skill description that they come back with 100% HP/MP.

That's a typo in the description; I personally have demon res, and people only come back with 10%. It's amazing in instances to pick people up right quick and indispensable in TW for getting your squad back together btw, because in PvE half channel time combined with my -51% channeling makes the res take like what, 1 sec?

I also bought the demon res book from faction for 10mil discount. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • X_X - Harshlands
    X_X - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    idk about you guys but there are good people (mistakes happen, don't punish them) and then there are really bad people (you just want them to lose exp).

I'd rather have 2 revive skills, one maxed revive and a lvl 1 revive or maybe have some kind of option to select how much exp % they save.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That's a typo in the description; I personally have demon res, and people only come back with 10%.
    Well that's retarrded. That would at least make it a little bit more useful, and worth the insane amount of money.
    I'd rather have 2 revive skills, one maxed revive and a lvl 1 revive or maybe have some kind of option to select how much exp % they save.

Just dont give a res to *******s. I personally won't res someone who

A.) Died out of stupidity.

B.) Is an ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i bet the melee would stop beeeeeeching if we handed them like 10 free GA scrolls with a lv less-than-11-revive >.> thats basically what this skill is, the ultimate ****-kissing skill.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can say that I have had this (made with pages FTW) and love it. The 40 meter res has come in handy MORE then a few times in PvE, PvP/TW.

However, if you don't want it, don't get it. Simple really. If someone does not like that you have level 10 or whatever, tell them to carry dolls and res scrolls...then they will know what it is like for a Cleric since IF we die, we lose the exp if no dolls and well, no res scrolls means potentially running our slow behinds to who knows where.

I am often asked to res randomly and I have no problems and even if someone is in an instance and needs a res, I will go.

It is all up to you...you control the button. If they don't like it then don't res. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i say they deserve to PORT if they stray 40meters, unable to live without heals, and die.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i say they deserve to PORT if they stray 40meters, unable to live without heals, and die.

b:chuckle

TBH...generally it is lag in MOST cases. Like running (when you did a lot) in 3-3 through the mobs and getting stuck, then dead...heck if I am going to run back in there and "hope" to survive...that 40 meters is just so much nicer b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm choosing not to get demon rez. I don't think I should spend 20mill+ for something that doesn't benefit me. Besides, people should appreciate to get rezzed and save 90% experience. As for clerics, if they are the only cleric in squad they have to lose 100%.
  • ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah so would I, if I could use it. lol! I'm sage ><; Demon res is what like... 10mil less than sage res? last I saw one going for 14mil :/ So not fair.

i guess that's because some ppl believe that only sage rev saves 100% of exp
    I even heard a bm advising a cleric to go sage just because of that (@bh69b:shocked)

btw sometimes there are misunderstandings... in a FCC a veno died and the cleric res'ed her. She said "sage res? o.o" because she believed that she didnt loose any exp... the cleric however thought that she wanted a sage res.. and things got a bit messy /drama
    main: psy94
    how about having fun instead of expecting the worse?b:thanks
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Demon Res is ****ing amazing. It takes like 1s on a cleric with decent -chan! I shat bricks the first time someone ressed me with Demon Res, it was love at first death b:cute

I mean this is like, while other clerics have to channel and concentrate, a Demon just does it with a wave of her hand. It was SO HAWT b:dirty
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty