slingshots are not for me? Or sling shots suck?

Options
Qqarrowqq - Lost City
Qqarrowqq - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Archer
i have a slingshot on my main archer and... I die all the time .... Over and over.... I keep doing frost arrow, then normal, and normal, knockback and normal... but mob still reaches to me and i die in 3-6 shots. :/ I even have a level 7x archer with pearly shot that i leveled from BH and crazy stone... I had to resell oracles because I keep dying from them with the same thing :(... I tried hyper exp stone it did not work... people keep kicking me from squads too. And I can't even solo in BH29 still... maybe it is my slingshot?

Should I switch weapon? I am on harshlands btw
Post edited by Qqarrowqq - Lost City on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I even have a level 7x archer with pearly shot that i leveled from BH and crazy stone... I had to resell oracles because I keep dying from them with the same thing :(... I tried hyper exp stone it did not work... people keep kicking me from squads too. And I can't even solo in BH29 still... maybe it is my slingshot?

It's not your weapon. It's your stats, your armors, and quite likely your lack of skill with the class.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's often times the archer behind the weapon...I used an 80 bow for 19 levels and never had problems and before that i used a wind and clouds/unicorn until 80. Also check your armor. I hope you have decent cits in it and a +1 or +2 if you keep dying wont hurt. Mirages are cheap and any hp helps. But I'm pretty sure you cant blame the weapon for dying. A tip for staying alive; use wings of grace to resist and also use your shield. Know the mobs/bosses you're going up against so you don't make simple mistakes like going to close to an aoe. And it's a good goal to have 3k+ hp by early 70s. Even as a pure pure archer (meaning 3 vit with restat) its attainable without super awesome gear. Hope this helped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's often times the archer behind the weapon...I used an 80 bow for 19 levels and never had problems and before that i used a wind and clouds/unicorn until 80. Also check your armor. I hope you have decent cits in it and a +1 or +2 if you keep dying wont hurt. Mirages are cheap and any hp helps. But I'm pretty sure you cant blame the weapon for dying. A tip for staying alive; use wings of grace to resist and also use your shield. Know the mobs/bosses you're going up against so you don't make simple mistakes like going to close to an aoe. And it's a good goal to have 3k+ hp by early 70s. Even as a pure pure archer (meaning 3 vit with restat) its attainable without super awesome gear. Hope this helped.

i never use winged shell, i actually regret getting it :( it dies in one hit... I never bothered with wings of grace because I never even got the melee skills which is terrible on archers, i do not like to melee... thats what melee classes are for b:cry ... I can try wings of grace if I had money :( I'm broke. In PVP, even Level 5x chars (most of them were venoes and barbs) still kill me, i drop a lot of items... and have to repair... hard to get things b:cry and yes i am pure dex
  • truekossy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i never use winged shell, i actually regret getting it :( it dies in one hit... I never bothered with wings of grace

Prime examples of doing it wrong.

That's like a demon archer saying they never got sharp because they ignored vicious/serrated since the DoTs suck.
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Prime examples of doing it wrong.

That's like a demon archer saying they never got sharp because they ignored vicious/serrated since the DoTs suck.

i ignored the DOT because they do suck... And idk sharp :/ what is that? And yes I want to go demon :(... but.... I'm dying all the time... b:cry
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i never use winged shell, i actually regret getting it :( it dies in one hit... I never bothered with wings of grace because I never even got the melee skills which is terrible on archers, i do not like to melee... thats what melee classes are for b:cry ... I can try wings of grace if I had money :( I'm broke. In PVP, even Level 5x chars (most of them were venoes and barbs) still kill me, i drop a lot of items... and have to repair... hard to get things b:cry and yes i am pure dex

You have to invest in your archer with hard earned coins. Simple fact is you can not avoid melee mobs for the rest of the game. It'll make squads look down upon you because you can't handle a simple task. Shield and Wings of Grace takes timing. Most of our survivability comes from a lot of timing. And my repairs range from 17k if I'm not tanking upwards to 150k. lol and at that level having maxed winged shell(as high as you can get) doesn't pop in 1 hit? O.o If I remember correctly. Anyways put in the effort or roll a new class. And for the record just to show things can be done I didn't have my first death until I was level 61ish? lol Non-cash shopped also. So maybe that'll help motivate you a bit :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You have to invest in your archer with hard earned coins. Simple fact is you can not avoid melee mobs for the rest of the game. It'll make squads look down upon you because you can't handle a simple task. Shield and Wings of Grace takes timing. Most of our survivability comes from a lot of timing. And my repairs range from 17k if I'm not tanking upwards to 150k. lol and at that level having maxed winged shell(as high as you can get) doesn't pop in 1 hit? O.o If I remember correctly. Anyways put in the effort or roll a new class. And for the record just to show things can be done I didn't have my first death until I was level 61ish? lol Non-cash shopped also. So maybe that'll help motivate you a bit :o

You liar!

Well... unless you didn't do your culti 39 until 61ish... but that path lies madness! b:shocked

Sidenote: faceplm @ a 7X archer not knowing what sharp is. wtf are people learning nowadays? x.X
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options

its at level 3... =/ stopped leveling it... I can't invest in coins at all, i do not spend money for game and its too hard to grind =/... and i hate melee mobs... light armor really sucks... I have been using the molds for HP and MP recovery (level 30-40ish) so I can try to grind without stopping ( which did not work out). And I looked up the fan site and it only absorbs 1k damage.... i was so disappointed that it can die in a few little hits... And I really do hate melee mobs.... and of course caster mobs... I'm just a walking one shot to people and mobs...
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    its at level 3... =/ stopped leveling it... I can't invest in coins at all, i do not spend money for game and its too hard to grind =/... and i hate melee mobs... light armor really sucks... I have been using the molds for HP and MP recovery (level 30-40ish) so I can try to grind without stopping ( which did not work out). And I looked up the fan site and it only absorbs 1k damage.... i was so disappointed that it can die in a few little hits... And I really do hate melee mobs.... and of course caster mobs... I'm just a walking one shot to people and mobs...

Eh then if you can't put your best work into your archer roll another class. Can't help those who won't help themselves. And I'm not perfectly sure on how the shield works well how the damage is calculated, but shields don't start popping in 1 hit til 7x+. All in all, MAX IT when you can. I'm 100 and it still saves me **** lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You liar!

Well... unless you didn't do your culti 39 until 61ish... but that path lies madness! b:shocked

Sidenote: faceplm @ a 7X archer not knowing what sharp is. wtf are people learning nowadays? x.X

Ok so my second time dying wasnt until then and I think this is the result from too many easy dailies now. You can hit like 6x in a weekish off of dailies now -.- (maybe more but its still ridiculous!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eh then if you can't put your best work into your archer roll another class. Can't help those who won't help themselves. And I'm not perfectly sure on how the shield works well how the damage is calculated, but shields don't start popping in 1 hit til 7x+. All in all, MAX IT when you can. I'm 100 and it still saves me **** lol

I can try psychic then =/.... I hate other classes though... even more since they kill me a lot of the times too

I don't want to even get melee skills, but if i have to just for wings of grace, then I'll do that. But hopefully i do not waste my coins and spirit on a skill that doesn't help me like take aim, i really want my coins back b:cry...

And I don't want to max winged shell since things hit me too hard anyways.... =/
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was going to come in here to offer some help. But after reading all that's been posted all I can do is offer you these:

http://www.crossfitoakland.com/old_site/Dice.jpg

Time to reroll. Apparently Archers are too complicated for you.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

That's CS and BH leveling for you.
  • Kokoa - Sanctuary
    Kokoa - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can try psychic then =/.... I hate other classes though... even more since they kill me a lot of the times too

I don't want to even get melee skills, but if i have to just for wings of grace, then I'll do that. But hopefully i do not waste my coins and spirit on a skill that doesn't help me like take aim, i really want my coins back b:cry...

And I don't want to max winged shell since things hit me too hard anyways.... =/

just stop... my archer is 2x and i know so much more than you. and you ARE listening to all these people right? like the 9x+ archers who know a lot more about the game? listen to them and... -sigh- just make another class, please. just don't make a thread about how squishy psys are, and how you didn't level white voodoo because your mother says voodoo is evil. b:bye
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    After much consideration,I decided not to comment much since the posters above pretty much covered everything.

For regeneration,I suggest using apothecary.Making those pots do not require too much effort to harvest since there are a few places where you can farm them easily.
    There are 50hp/sec pots to begin with and 50mp/sec pots usable at level40.At level 60,you can start using 50hp and 50mp/sec pots.They were my must have companions whenever I'm questing or whatever.

Also,I managed to not die to normal mobs till 39 boss.My second time was around 60+ when BHs came out and I tried to do one of it.I managed this totally without the use of Frost Arrows.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options

Sigh yea just quit archer. If you hate the other classes and melee mobs might as well just quit the game because no matter what class you are those mobs are still gonna be there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i have a slingshot on my main archer and... I die all the time .... Over and over.... I keep doing frost arrow, then normal, and normal, knockback and normal... but mob still reaches to me and i die in 3-6 shots. :/ I even have a level 7x archer with pearly shot that i leveled from BH and crazy stone... I had to resell oracles because I keep dying from them with the same thing :(... I tried hyper exp stone it did not work... people keep kicking me from squads too. And I can't even solo in BH29 still... maybe it is my slingshot?

There's your problem right there. You're using a terrible NPC weapon at 7x, when there's a far superior mold weapon available that's dirt cheap.

3-star Pearly Shot: 540-809 damage, 0.71 attacks per second.
    Wind and the Clouds:617-1034 damage, 0.77 attacks per second.

Basically, you're a horrible failure. One of the best weapons available for archers all the way from 69 to the mid 80s is open to you, at a cost of maybe 200k at MOST, and you're using a piece of **** NPC weapon. If you pay that little attention to your weapon, your armor is likely just as bad if not worse, despite the plethora of decent inexpensive mold and quest rewards available at 70.

Oh and also, you're dying in 3-6 hits. Ok. Are you just standing there and letting them pound away at you? Are you even using potions? Do you even know what potions are?

Either that, or you are, of course, a fairly successful troll. I honestly hope that's the case, because if not, then my faith in humanity has just taken another hit it can ill afford.
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ...Either that, or you are, of course, a fairly successful troll. I honestly hope that's the case, because if not, then my faith in humanity has just taken another hit it can ill afford.

I was already amazed by the massive amount of good replies he got, even with his **** answers inbetween X.x
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Either that, or you are, of course, a fairly successful troll. I honestly hope that's the case, because if not, then my faith in humanity has just taken another hit it can ill afford.

that was my first thought just from reading the first post. then my assumption kept getting better and better at being true with each post...
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There's your problem right there. You're using a terrible NPC weapon at 7x, when there's a far superior mold weapon available that's dirt cheap.

3-star Pearly Shot: 540-809 damage, 0.71 attacks per second.
    Wind and the Clouds:617-1034 damage, 0.77 attacks per second.

Basically, you're a horrible failure. One of the best weapons available for archers all the way from 69 to the mid 80s is open to you, at a cost of maybe 200k at MOST, and you're using a piece of **** NPC weapon. If you pay that little attention to your weapon, your armor is likely just as bad if not worse, despite the plethora of decent inexpensive mold and quest rewards available at 70.

Oh and also, you're dying in 3-6 hits. Ok. Are you just standing there and letting them pound away at you? Are you even using potions? Do you even know what potions are?

Well i don't know about things being dirt cheap... I only have like 10k saved up before. I never could really afford anything. Maximum I made was almost 80k or 90k... i forgot. I couldn't even afford the mold armors I had currently... I looted the PK drops at different times. Best way for me to make money or decent pay was to be a scavenger and loot drop from people that others kill... I can't even kill mobs on my on my own below -3 levels. I guess I am a horrible failure

I can't afford potions without a weapons and shots...

Made more money with my psychic and i have no idea how to build one, so the way to build a psychic is like archers when it comes to archers right? 1 strength, 4 magic every level? I can't believe I kill faster as a psychic. I feel home sick
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    God I hope you're a troll...

PLEASE be a troll. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevoL - Lost City
    DevoL - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you should try 1 str, 4 magic on your archer you might kill faster like your tideborn
    b:bye
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you should try 1 str, 4 magic on your archer you might kill faster like your tideborn

At least then you don't have to worry about MP pots.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

This +10000000000.I remember another archer going for less magic and more dex and she said she loved since with the magic she didn't have to worry about losing mana when flying and spamming skills non-stop.

/sarcasm
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TBH I still use my W&C at lvl86, even though I've got both Broad Lands and CH:SS. I like all of them, the W&C I still have over 50K ammo for and it's DPS is pretty darn good. I like using it for BoA, just to use up the ammo and save my arrows.

I don't die much more than anyone else. But I also use the heck outta my ToP, Second Wind and pots.

So if you're dying too much, it's likely you-not the weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was already amazed by the massive amount of good replies he got, even with his **** answers inbetween X.x
    God I hope you're a troll...

PLEASE be a troll. b:surrender

I am actually more amazed that there are so many people who's willing to entertain an idiot.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • truekossy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am actually more amazed that there are so many people who's willing to entertain an idiot.

Some of us were REALLY bored at the time. b:surrender
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well i don't know about things being dirt cheap... I only have like 10k saved up before. I never could really afford anything. Maximum I made was almost 80k or 90k... i forgot.

But how long does it take you to earn 10k, when you fight monsters with light green names and stay busy?
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    people hate me and mock me here too... wtf...? T_T I'll just do WQ and CS... hope no one follows me and kill me again b:cry I really need to level to 90 I want demon spark now :(
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It seems that you cant take the heat of this economy or your class. Its your option now to reroll, find a way to merchant(which is usually via the CashShop =_=)or quit the game and find something easier.

As if this game cant get any more easy then it is now. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
This discussion has been closed.