State of the Game - TT Act 3 Changes

Options
Airyll - Dreamweaver
Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Come on you GMs and mods. You made a thread for the horrendous UI and the TW changes.

Can we please get a sticky where we can discuss the changes that have been made to TT? An official thread where people can come and detail their responses. Because it would be nice if you recognised that there is now an issue.

That's all I want. An official stickied thread for people to come and tell YOU - the GMs in particular - how these TT changes have affected the game and the how the changes were one step a little bit too far. So we can tell YOU the problem so that YOU may relay this to the devs as well.

You can't pretend there's not a problem when you've turned an instance for those in their late 80s, early 90s, into an instance where even people in their high 90s with decent gear are finding trouble. You really can't.

(Before you post, because I see you doing it, please be aware of something, Yulk.
TT Act 3 is not the same as TT Act 1. We don't care that you slapped Soulbanisher in tiger form at level 55 while a 7x barb with Cala axes tanked, okay? GTFO. )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Airyll - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cause you are really thinking there is any feedback from here to the devs?

I think you live in a dream.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cause you are really thinking there is any feedback from here to the devs?

I think you live in a dream.

Tell me where I said that devs give feedback, regardless of if GMs say anything to them or not?

I'm talking to mods and GMs asking for a sticky so we can address them directly and so they know we're addressing them directly. Read please. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well so you are asking something they are already aware (just watch all the thread made about tt 3-X changes) but you don't expect anything coming from it?

I don't follow you :s. What do you expect exactly from a sticky? just a bunch of post saying things everybody (including GM) already know?
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, make it all one thread, so it can be better ignored and the mods will now move anything with the word TT in it into that thread, regardless of whether or not it should be moved.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well so you are asking something they are already aware (just watch all the thread made about tt 3-X changes) but you don't expect anything coming from it?

I don't follow you :s. What do you expect exactly from a sticky? just a bunch of post saying things everybody (including GM) already know?

Stickies tend to get more attention, and official stickies also can't be locked or shovelled away like the majority of other threads without causing a huge **** fight. In general I'm actually asking for a sticky for two reasons:

1) It doesn't disappear under a mass of other threads
    2) Stickies seem most likely to get GM responses if you call them out in stickied threads, because they can't actually lock it or move it away without looking even worse.

Cynical, right? It's easier to call GMs out on their bull**** and have people see it in a stickied thread. Should they move the stickied thread? All living hell breaks loose on the forums.
    Yes, make it all one thread, so it can be better ignored and the mods will now move anything with the word TT in it into that thread, regardless of whether or not it should be moved.

Come on NightRage, you know as well as I do that they ignore everything anyway and that mods will move threads everywhere and anywhere whether there is a sticky or not. Better moved into a stickied thread then Lower Depths, anyways, at least then things still get seen.

[Still not impressed with recent threads mods saw fit to move. At all. They really hate being called out on the poor job they do.

... I probably just doomed my own thread, but I'm passed giving a **** any more. =3 ]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Come on you GMs and mods. You made a thread for the horrendous UI and the TW changes.

Can we please get a sticky where we can discuss the changes that have been made to HH? An official thread where people can come and detail their responses. Because it would be nice if you recognised that there is now an issue.

That's all I want. An official stickied thread for people to come and tell YOU - the GMs in particular - how these HH changes have affected the game and the how the changes were one step a little bit too far. So we can tell YOU the problem so that YOU may relay this to the devs as well.

You can't pretend there's not a problem when you've turned an instance for those in their late 80s, early 90s, into an instance where even people in their high 90s with decent gear are finding trouble. You really can't.

(Before you post, because I see you doing it, please be aware of something, Yulk.
    HH Act 3 is not the same as HH Act 1. We don't care that you slapped Soulbanisher in tiger form at level 55 while a 7x barb with Cala axes tanked, okay? GTFO. )

Fixed it for you. b:chuckle

However, I completely agree with you. The thread that would have become the main discussion thread was moved to Dungeons & Tactics:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=833382
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So, who's gonna play GuildWars 2 when it comes out b:pleased
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
    edited August 2010
    Options

Come on NightRage, you know as well as I do that they ignore everything anyway and that mods will move threads everywhere and anywhere whether there is a sticky or not. Better moved into a stickied thread then Lower Depths, anyways, at least then things still get seen.

[Still not impressed with recent threads mods saw fit to move. At all. They really hate being called out on the poor job they do.

... I probably just doomed my own thread, but I'm passed giving a **** any more. =3 ]

b:chuckle I can't wait to find a new game.

Edit: *Rages at Michael for his "Aytch-Aytch" correction*
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am so glad that I enjoy the game with my 80 Veno and SIN who is on her 50's and will only be brought to 80 as well.

They just seem to keep F'in it up for all the high rollers.

I can only hope for the best for you all. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options

However, I completely agree with you. The thread that would have become the main discussion thread was moved to Dungeons & Tactics:

Oh ho ho ho, I see what you did there Michael. Ingenius. b:victory

Although I got a bit beyond being picky about terms a while ago. IDK, if I know what somebody means, why the **** should I pick a fight about it?

And yeah. Like I said, I'm really not impressed with the mods at this point. Bet you if we were to demand an explanation for many of the unreasonable locks or moves too they'd not be able to actually offer any good reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ill be honest. Maybe i was a bit harsch with you Airyll. I see where you wanna go with a sticky. But im sorry to say that at this exact moment since the DQ price changes and the sticky thread about it : i don't but totally don't trust MOD and GM anymore.
    Even in a sticky they ignore us, they say nothing.

Look at the only post Franki made in the DQ price sticky. One post... after 2 months to say what? nothing (sorry no news atm).

b:angryb:angry

and

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dev's need to hear this:

When full +10/5.0 BM's and Rank 8 +10 Archer's and other WELL geared ppl have an EXTREMELY difficult time = there is a problem b:surrender

^ Disclaimer: These instances should not be easy but they should not be so insanely difficult. I am all for a challenge, but this borders impossible for those with "****" gear and even for those with amazing gear. It can be done, but I know more then a few that have left the instance with "**** it."

Was the aggro adjusted too high?
    Also, when did 2-3 get the mob count?
    When did ALL of the red text come back?

WHY is it that there is SO much not mentioned in the Patch notes this time? Was it a fail patch?

^ Curious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ill be honest. Maybe i was a bit harsch with you Airyll. I see where you wanna go with a sticky. But im sorry to say that at this exact moment since the DQ price changes and the sticky thread about it : i don't but totally don't trust MOD and GM anymore.
    Even in a sticky they ignore us, they say nothing.

Look at the only post Franki made in the DQ price sticky. One post... after 2 months to say what? nothing (sorry no news atm).

and

No worries. I'm used to it. ;)

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. GMs became untrustworthy when they promised a DQ fix and then didn't bother to respond for months and used TW as a scapegoat. They also become more untrustworthy every time they start to nitpick about the fact GM is a blanket term, etc. etc.
    I trust the mods as far as I could spit an elephant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I trust the mods as far as I could spit an elephant.

TBH...at this point, Aryannamage is really the only semi-visible Mod on these forums. And even she mod's the other forums as well.

It is more about being visible imo...but then again things have been nuts.

I have no idea atm...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yishuin - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    are we declaring war to them? :p if yes i wanna be in even if i got banned from the forums from 1-2-3 days or more.

(Wonder if they can ban us from game cause of forum attitude b:puzzled
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TBH...at this point, Aryannamage is really the only semi-visible Mod on these forums. And even she mod's the other forums as well.

It is more about being visible imo...but then again things have been nuts.

I have no idea atm...b:surrender

Yeah, visibly horrible at her job...
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh ho ho ho, I see what you did there Michael. Ingenius. b:victory

Although I got a bit beyond being picky about terms a while ago. IDK, if I know what somebody means, why the **** should I pick a fight about it?

And yeah. Like I said, I'm really not impressed with the mods at this point. Bet you if we were to demand an explanation for many of the unreasonable locks or moves too they'd not be able to actually offer any good reason.

Well it wasn't meant to stir you, just that the nomenclature **** seem to be partrolling. b:avoid

I like challenge as much or more than the next guy, however 'tweaking' the difficulty of bosses is a far cry different from completely readjusting their difficulty on a grand scale. 'Tweak' would imply a small adjustment or change, which is not what happened. A change this dramatic should definitely warrant an official discussion thread, but at the rate they're going, I'm not sure how many people are going to stick around and care.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is pretty insane.

If people with +10 gears, charmed, with full squads including 2 clerics are BARELY getting through, then how about the rest of us?

TT3-3 should be a place where people can go to GET endgame gears, not a place for people that ALREADY HAVE THEM.

Really they just don't want people making coins. TT is now worthless for coins, DQ is now worthless for coins, TW is now worthless for coins. Nirvana is decent but you're limited to 4 runs a day at best. Really the only way to make money is to merchant or cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is pretty insane.

If people with +10 gears, charmed, with full squads including 2 clerics are BARELY getting through, then how about the rest of us?

^ This is the issue 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd have to agree, RedsRose, that being visible plays a huge part. But being visible or invisible doesn't matter when you're really ****ing your job up to kingdom come. I'll be bluntly honest, at this point; I've seen twelve year olds moderate forums to a better standard.

I'm not clueless about how to mod or admin forums either, I've run a couple myself and on many forums I've come onto I've been made some form of staff. It would be so much better if there was even just the smallest explanation to tell people why so many unreasonable locks and moves have been seen. Mistakes I understand. Everybody is human and everybody makes them. This? This is no mistake.

It's a mess.

That goes for the game, too. Michael is right, as well as everybody else who has said it: cranking up the difficulty a notch or two with a tweak is a far cry from what has actually happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would be a lot more willing to accept the difficulty changes, especially in 3-1, if:

a) the drop rates were adjusted correspondingly.

b) the 4 hour timer had been fixed like it should have been.

3-1 has always been a bit of an oddball. It's far easier than even 2-2 and 1-3, even though it is opened at a much higher level. I could solo every boss (with the exception of Djinscream, but even that one seemed possible if I refined my weapon one or two more levels higher). The thing is though, the drop rate in there is horrible. It needed to be easy in order to make it worth your time. When you can do 2 runs and get only 1 Giant Beast's Armor, it's really perfectly reasonable that the runs should take half the time as most others. If you want to make Dark Colluseast ridiculously hard, at least let him drop as well as Ancient Evil or General Wurlord.

3-3 has always been a challenge for a mediocre squad in bad circumstances to run in under 4 hours. Then you added a kill count quest, making it even more time consuming. Then you increased the difficulty of the bosses, making it even more time consuming. Are you starting to see why people were upset when a 4 hour timer was added to instances? Is there really any reason this couldn't be increased to, say, 6 hours? 19 hours?

As I've said before, the changes that are being made don't happen in isolation. All by itself, maybe increasing the difficulty of 3-x wouldn't be such a bad idea, but you mix that in with bad drop rates, instance timers, a messed up economy, a player base that's already kind of miffed, etc. and you have a problem. Start looking at the big picture and considering the overall impact of the changes that are being made.

Last, but not least, I'm going to say again, stop "fixing" things that aren't broken! The problem here is that 5 APS fist BM's (and other interval-based builds) are overpowered with their ability to have permanent 3-sparked attacks. Fix that! Cap attacks per second. Add a cooldown to 3 spark. Fix it how you want, but that's the problem, not one instance here or one instance there that people are farming. All you're doing here is forcing people to move from one easy instance to the next one. And you're making the problem even worse, since it's still the 5 APS BM's who dominate the new "fixed" instances. Sure, it takes them a little longer now, but they still do it twice as fast as anyone else. This is better?
  • _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City
    _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, it would be nice to get an official answer from frankie or w/e even if it won't change a damn thing because PWI is just forced to follow what PW-CN is doing, which is shutting down all sources of income and farming.
    But totally messing up TT 3-x (making it impossible to do for the vast majority of the ppl) was very unreasonnable, and it would have been better to limit TT 3-x to a certain number of openings per day like nirvana or something.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, it would be nice to get an official answer from frankie or w/e even if it won't change a damn thing because PWI is just forced to follow what PW-CN is doing, which is shutting down all sources of income and farming.
    But totally messing up TT 3-x (making it impossible to do for the vast majority of the ppl) was very unreasonnable, and it would have been better to limit TT 3-x to a certain number of openings per day like nirvana or something.

The only thing Frankie has directly said about this is that there will be no emergency maintenance because of this last patch.

Then the issue was moved to different forum, locked and deleted or sent to the Lower Depths.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I thought frankie said there wouldn't be an emergency maintnence because of being able to get hypers with tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I thought frankie said there wouldn't be an emergency maintnence because of being able to get hypers with tokens.

Oh, you could very well be right. Actually, I think you are. b:surrender
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I just spent 5 mins trying to find out what you fixed. Damn your unmarked fixes Michael. b:angry
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just spent 5 mins trying to find out what you fixed. Damn your unmarked fixes Michael. b:angry

LMAO! Oh that was a better laugh than all the Yulk stuff. b:victory

sorry

b:surrender
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO! Oh that was a better laugh than all the Yulk stuff. b:victory

sorry

b:surrender

Are you going to point the fix out? Because I'm not going to copy and past both versions in Word and compare side to side >_>.
  • _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City
    _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm kinda surprised there is not too much QQing yet, compared to Anni packs times, because seriously this update is very very big : now you can't get your OHT and culti done, it's nice. And now 9x ppl will run in 2stars gears or OHT, amen.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are you going to point the fix out? Because I'm not going to copy and past both versions in Word and compare side to side >_>.

But we like watching you struggle. D=
    (-cough- It has to do with the T and the H. )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.