Multi Clienting

Comments

• MarimoSuki - Dreamweaver
    MarimoSuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    We can have china's dq drops but heaven forbid we have their max of 6 simultaneous accounts. Despite not having the same issues.

I would like to bring up the Kanji again.

完美世界国际版:不得超过6个游戏客户端

Before semicolon says "perfect world international edition" in translator. Even if it was a bad translator, "perfect world international edition" seems too far a stretch.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And...? A simple bypass of the launcher and tada it opens, and bypassing the launcher isnt exactly a modification seeing as the screenshot folder is also inside of element so youd have to be able to get there anyway...
    Clicky

It be teh BLASPHEMY!
    b:shocked
    No lag in Archosaur FTW. Me could easily handle 30+ clients or so without detection.
    b:avoid
    (The arrows was because me elping someone in tech support.)
    x.x'
    How to log off properly and whatnot.
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It be teh BLASPHEMY!
    b:shocked
    No lag in Archosaur FTW. Me could easily handle 30+ clients or so without detection.
    (The arrows was because me elping someone in tech support.)
    x.x'
    How to log off properly and whatnot.
    x.x'

How in the hell did you manage to pull that off...
    edited August 2010
    How in the hell did you manage to pull that off...

Me use recreated ancient technology....modern tech be too advanced making it incompatible.
    :/
    Makes it annoying as heck when others attempt large data transfers, direct links, and stuff like that to me system.
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    I just noticed the chinese news says perfect world international twice. This leaves me so confused.
    edited August 2010
    I just noticed the chinese news says perfect world international twice. This leaves me so confused.

Me am sure they did that on purpose so that you will be confoosed.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Me use recreated ancient technology....modern tech be too advanced making it incompatible.
    :/
    Makes it annoying as heck when others attempt large data transfers, direct links, and stuff like that to me system.
    x.x'

So thats how the Egyptians built the pyramids
    edited August 2010
    So thats how the Egyptians built the pyramids

Mayhaps.....
    Me not going to confirm anything.
    But that was pretty much mainly human undertaking so....
    yay?

As far as you know.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    We can have china's dq drops but heaven forbid we have their max of 6 simultaneous accounts. Despite not having the same issues.

I would like to bring up the Kanji again.

完美世界国际版:不得超过6个游戏客户端

Before semicolon says "perfect world international edition" in translator. Even if it was a bad translator, "perfect world international edition" seems too far a stretch.

PW-CN refers to itself in that manner due to the multiple servers. It is not referring to our PWI at all. The devs at PW-CN couldn't care less about PWI - we're just a tiny branch to them.

Those characters are also Chinese, not Japanese.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kokoa - Sanctuary
    Kokoa - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    JD and BOI are different games with different mechanics, so we have different rules for them.

As for comparing the various versions of PW around the globe, you'll notice that each company runs the game differently based on its own views. We've always felt that multi-clienting was not good for the game here, so that's why it remains banned.

lolk b:cute
    edited August 2010
    PW-CN refers to itself in that manner due to the multiple servers. It is not referring to our PWI at all. The devs at PW-CN couldn't care less about PWI - we're just a tiny branch to them.

Those characters are also Chinese, not Japanese.

I know that, but I don't know what Chinese call them.
    As for comparing the various versions of PW around the globe, you'll notice that each company runs the game differently based on its own views. We've always felt that multi-clienting was not good for the game here, so that's why it remains banned.

This is a very bad reason and makes little sense. What's the difference between multi-clienting and having several computers? This doesn't answer the why either lol. I don't see what possible harm multi clienting does except bring more cat shops so people can merc and keep up with ridiculous gold inflation. Pretty much the way it looks to me is you either have to spend cash on items, or sell the gold to make money while you level, or you can sit around cat shopping for weeks without lvling, which is pretty cumbersome.

The whole pw runs it's games differently in different versions is nice and all, but if this were true why were we subjected to the changes of DQ prices when we didn't have the issues justifying them lol.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So, basically, 'cos we say so....
    edited August 2010
    So, basically, 'cos we say so....

It does seem to be the typical excuse.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well even if they don't rly enforce multiclient much unless reported abuse or whatever.

Then cos u posted the gm's may have flagged your account you to check you out ( i know they do that flag thingy, cos spoons once said in forum he flagged x person for asking about breaking rules) had u been quite like alot is and do it as they wish. then chances are you coulda done it from now on to forever.

many dont multiclient regularly, but bringing friends acc to do x stuff or alt.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you want to run things differently, at least have differently ****ing patches to PW-CN.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mmm... I didn't know it was possible to multiclient in PWI. Anyway, the fact that GMs here allow ppl to multiclient with more than 1 PC, but ban those who do it with a single PC is really ilogical! lol. And yah, it would be cool to be able to use an alt character to open catshop without losing training time with your main character, I think GMs should reconsider this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
    edited August 2010
    well even if they don't rly enforce multiclient much unless reported abuse or whatever.

Then cos u posted the gm's may have flagged your account you to check you out ( i know they do that flag thingy, cos spoons once said in forum he flagged x person for asking about breaking rules) had u been quite like alot is and do it as they wish. then chances are you coulda done it from now on to forever.

many dont multiclient regularly, but bringing friends acc to do x stuff or alt.

Me has been flagged enough to resemble a porcupine.
    o.o'
    But the BanHamster be impervious to teh flag.
    If you want to run things differently, at least have differently ****ing patches to PW-CN.

This be rather random but why be your name
    Boo
    Gee
    Panda
    mmm... I didn't know it was possible to multiclient in PWI. Anyway, the fact that GMs here allow ppl to multiclient with more than 1 PC, but ban those who do it with a single PC is really ilogical! lol. And yah, it would be cool to be able to use an alt character to open catshop without losing training time with your main character, I think GMs should reconsider this.

FAIL~!
    Multiboxing = use of multiple PCs with one client each.
    Multiclient = use of multiple clients on one PC.

Me find it rather confoosing how humans get those confused even when the term itself be rather clear what it means....
    MultipleClients
    MultipleBoxes
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    This be rather random but why be your name
    Boo
    Gee
    Panda

What's this got to do with anything? b:shocked
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I understand the because they can; however, a because they can doesn't = a reason. There is a reason why they do what they do and I'm asking for the reason. All in all it seems illogical and their fears of allowing multi on one computer seem unfounded. AT least in pwi.
    because your that special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I know that, but I don't know what Chinese call them.

I don't think Chinese people call them much of anything different. Kanji means Han characters/Chinese characters. I think it has the same written term as well.

I don't remember the exact explanation. But I believe the only reason multiclienting is not allowed officially is simply due to server load.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Kanji = Chinese character with Japanese pronunciation

source : Chinese girl.

About the serverload, if that's the case think again, we have ghost servers nowadays, allowing multi-clienting might at least make the figures look good
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What annoys US as player is the fact that, GM such as frankie will tell you one thing "we are a different company from pw-cn, we run game different to them" okie fair enough, and they do exact the opposite, DQ price drop, TW pay gone, More packs.. can we trade money for real life cash? NO!!

Don't tell us you guys running games different to PW-CN, that just **** us even more!!

AND DONT TELL US " BUT YOU GUYS GOT +30ATTACK LVL" NO ONE ASKED FOR THEM, NOONE WANT THEM!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    +9999 to Egaenil, you took the words right off of my keyboardb:laugh

What it really means is that PWI has no control over the content in their game, but they like to show some "power" by enforcing silly rules aren't even applied in the Chinese version.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What annoys US as player is the fact that, GM such as frankie will tell you one thing "we are a different company from pw-cn, we run game different to them" okie fair enough, and they do exact the opposite, DQ price drop, TW pay gone, More packs.. can we trade money for real life cash? NO!!

Don't tell us you guys running games different to PW-CN, that just **** us even more!!

AND DONT TELL US " BUT YOU GUYS GOT +30ATTACK LVL" NO ONE ASKED FOR THEM, NOONE WANT THEM!!

Let's see, when tallied up after >300 mobs: NPC'd DQ comes in 3rd place for coin from drops. It's a rather small portion of the over-all income from grinding. The +30atk level allows me to kill ~10-14 of the same mobs in 3 hits instead of 4 and for a veno: 3 hits comes smooth but 4 requires cool down. The blessing is saving barbs on repairs whether soloing or in squad big time. Isn't it crazy to want a measly little increase in DQ rather than a huge increase in atk?

Seriously, can we get over the repetitious QQ posts that don't even make sense?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Maiya is correct. Chinese characters are called:

汉字 - hanzi

Kanji is just the japanese term.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2010

So very true, and though I hate to admit it, I find it disheartening that the GMs are so blatantly using what would appear to be false reasoning to justify such pointless rules:

I mean no offense, frankie, but if your statement is true, then wouldn't that mean you all chose to accept the DQ Price Reduction? That you all chose to allow all of these changes ingame that are ruining it? That you chose to allow greed to run the game in the form of constant boutique updates in place of fixing long-time present bugs? Or even(yes, I am going there peeps) that you all chose to say no to female equality and allow the sexist game mechanics of "male-only embracing/carrying" to continue? It seems to me a case of "pick and choose" here. I know that you aren't the one who gets to make such decisions, but such statements only further to cause pointless drama, as well as reducing the already miniscule amounts of trust the majority of the players hold toward the entire PWI crew not only as a whole, but also each of you individually.
    Also, since when is BoI and JD run by a different company?'

I seriously hope that PWI puts on their grown-up wings and gets their own developers, and finally truly starts "running this game differently based on its own views" Because as it stands, this game is dying because PWI allows the game to be run by greedy, ignorant, and biased Chinamen.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    From another thread: Multiclienting question
    JD and BOI are different games with different mechanics, so we have different rules for them.

Regards.

But yet they do the same patches to royally **** our game to hell, it's a beautiful thing :))
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I mean no offense, frankie, but if your statement is true, then wouldn't that mean you all chose to accept the DQ Price Reduction?

Price reduction was done on the developer side. Not implementing it would be not implementing the other patches as well.
    That you all chose to allow all of these changes ingame that are ruining it?

It being ruined is your opinion. QQ'ers have yet to show any different. Any changes could also be contributed by the amount of negativity like this allowed on the forum.
    That you chose to allow greed to run the game in the form of constant boutique updates in place of fixing long-time present bugs?

PWI is a corp responsible to stock holders. It's their job to be greedy. Now what's your excuse for your greed?
    Or even(yes, I am going there peeps) that you all chose to say no to female equality and allow the sexist game mechanics of "male-only embracing/carrying" to continue?

lame
    It seems to me a case of "pick and choose" here. I know that you aren't the one who gets to make such decisions, but such statements only further to cause pointless drama, as well as reducing the already miniscule amounts of trust the majority of the players hold toward the entire PWI crew not only as a whole, but also each of you individually.

The amount of ignorance in this statement is astounding.

I seriously hope that PWI puts on their grown-up wings and gets their own developers, and finally truly starts "running this game differently based on its own views" Because as it stands, this game is dying because PWI allows the game to be run by greedy, ignorant, and biased Chinamen.

Their biggest problems are the bugs in the game and the allowance of all these repetitious but pointless QQ posts.

I'm a non cash shopper. PWI treats us good as such, and I think it's the cash shoppers that get screwed. Also, the +30 atk level is WAY the hell better than +20% DQ.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Let's see, when tallied up after >300 mobs: NPC'd DQ comes in 3rd place for coin from drops. It's a rather small portion of the over-all income from grinding. The +30atk level allows me to kill ~10-14 of the same mobs in 3 hits instead of 4 and for a veno: 3 hits comes smooth but 4 requires cool down. The blessing is saving barbs on repairs whether soloing or in squad big time. Isn't it crazy to want a measly little increase in DQ rather than a huge increase in atk?

Seriously, can we get over the repetitious QQ posts that don't even make sense?

Have you tried to PK or TW? seriously can you just get over the fact you got no idea wat you talk about reapeatly that doesnt even make sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Price reduction was done on the developer side. Not implementing it would be not implementing the other patches as well.
    I suspect most of us with programming backgrounds already know the answer, but... If their server code sets things like DQ prices in the binary executable rather than in a separate config file, then those are some really lame/lazy developers they have working on this game. Even things like changing boss behavior should be eminently configurable, if nothing more than a binary switch between "old version" and "new version".