Slowly Ruining Your Own Game

Options
Vivianna - Heavens Tear
Vivianna - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Suggestion Box
I don't post a lot, and I'm not the best player, but I am experienced; I started playing as soon as PWI came out. Like many players, I try to enjoy the things I like and not complain about every little change.

But a lot of trends are going the wrong way lately. b:surrender

1) TW Income - Not a big deal for most players really, but a "solution" that doesn't address the problem. Inflation was not caused by Land Income; Gold prices increased to ~130K until Chest of Coins, when it got to 180K. *Packs* of various kinds is what caused rampant inflation. Elmiminating TW pay might cause a little deflation, but it is part of the trend (see below) of "solving" things by reducing the amount that people can EARN by PLAYING the game. So rewards shift to things like gambling with packs.

2) DQ Items - was a nice little bit of income for most players. PWI did NOT have a big problem with Gold Farmers. Other versions might. But reducing DQ prices hurts the average player some. By itself, not major but...

3) Nerfing Nirvana Drops and making TT 3-x bosses so much harder - I guess this is aimed at "mat farmers," but to be honest "mat farmers" don't hurt average players at all. All it does is drive the price of mats DOWN, at least to an equilibrium (if prices get too low from a flood of mat farming, people slack on doing runs. Prices then recover some).

I guess we're all supposed to open packs and buy our way to 300K Rep.

It's becoming so the best, indeed almost only, way to really get ahead is to stand in Arch and open enough packs till you have enough stuff to buy chips (to chip mats) and gear, or buy rep to get Rank Gear. If you're just an average person who plays the game, it seems more and more, with each passing month, like they care less and less about you.

I've gotten to joking in GC that the Developers hate the people who play their game.
That they only like the gamblers - the game is for gambling with packs.

These are jokes, and I'm sure they come off as mean-spirited to hard-working developers. But a lot of the players are feeling this way. What started as a sort of joke, people are now taking seriously. b:sad

While I'm at it, I like Bh, but why not fix the quests too? Too much of the map - it's sad, areas I remember questing fondly in, you go through, and they're ghost-towns, abandoned. So,

4) Make Quests worth as much as a Bh of that level, EXP and Spirit-wise. It might seem like a lot, but there are only about 3 "real" Quests per level, so even if people do all the Quests (as we should hope they do! Why should quests be ignored?) they won't hyper-level; not really faster than they are doing Bh's. Don't get rid of Bh, but make most quests worth doing again. As it is, now people only really do Culti Quests or ones that give decent gear rewards. Other Quests, really people only do when bored and usually not even then.

How bad is it when a person is bored in the game but won't even think of doing some quest? b:surrender
Post edited by Vivianna - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ agreed Vivianna b:surrender

I am sure this have been said before, but the recent updates have made it much more difficult to farm coins. Changing TW pay from coins to mirage is questionable but still tolerable. Changing nirvana and TT; however, has severely nerfed ways to obtaining end game gear and means of enjoying the game without cash shopping.

Perhaps these updates were helpful to other versions of the game, but gold farming is not a major problem here. This is simply ways to force people to resort to gambling and cash shopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Im holding opinion until the next major update. Simply because the content updates are basically based on Chinese servers, which from my understanding have been open 7-8 years and has a higher level cap. So if those changes come over here, then the cheaper hyper stone price and increased difficulty level would make sense. It's just we'd be getting screwed over in the order it is done.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I do quest with my friends. Even though all my friends are 80+ , we always take our time to do our lowbie quest just for the heck of it. All quest bh and regular quest.

TW- well I have twed once or twice i guess people who love it will hate it . Atleast the mirage might change something

DQ- I really dont think that 20% less made a big impact. If your going to farm you might as well keep farming till you get the money right. Takes a bit longer than before but isnt that what people want. They want stuff in a longer run not now. Cause if you want now you got cash shop.

Nirvana and 3-3- I am very confused, You want it to be harder so they make it harder than people complain its too hard to do it. For the drops i guess nerfing might have been wrong move but hey now you dont see everyone single god dam person with level 100 niravana weapon. Than again most people already have it who are rich so i guess ur right about the nerf for regular people.

Packs- Packs explain themself. If you got the money and you love gambling go for it! If you dont have the money than spend it on something else.

For the reps. Noone said that to get the highest rep you have to do it over night. Take your time and get there slowly. Help people with their fb , farm dq item sell it and store money to purchase tokens to rep points.

Even thought it looks like everything is around packs. If we know what we are doing it hurt little less xD
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I agree with Viv, I was here since CB and I remember this game as being the most attractive game to play. Now a days all it seems they doing is making it not just hard, but a terrible experience if your not cash shopping. I mean absolutely horrid ><. They need to stop being greedy fools (wanted to say something else) and look at the big picture. That or just make the damn game Pay to Play with everyone getting 15 zen per month from monthly fee (Not that this game is worth paying for at it current state)...tbh I'd rather that (and them putting a lot of the other stuff back to normal) then them just completely ruining a good game, It totally seems like we get the worst of all the servers.

Pack's Gambling hall, TW pay nerf, nearly impossible TT 3's, DQ price loss, Nirvana nerf, 4 hour instances.

Please guys stop tossing the trash from the other servers here.....

b:bye
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I experienced 3-1 GBA boss first hand today, here's the comprehesive list of new skills he was given:

-Random aggro
    -Increased regular attack (both magical and physical)
    -AOE purge (removes any and all buffs)
    -AOE seal that lasts 6 seconds
    -AOE hp debuff (got me to 50% hp)
    -AOE for physical damage

We tried to kill him with the following:

-Me (96 BM)
    -99 veno
    -95 veno
    -95 cleric
    -93 cleric
    -98 barb

As you can see, that was not a weak squad at all, yet guess what? we got squad wipe! not only once, several times! when he's near death he casts AOE seal every 15-20 seconds interrupting BB, and his magic attack deals around 8,500 per hit! so basically now only people with +12 gear can kill this boss?

I agree, they're ruining the game
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I experienced 3-1 GBA boss first hand today, here's the comprehesive list of new skills he was given:

-Random aggro
    -AOE for physical damage

-Me (96 BM)
    -99 veno
    -95 veno
    -95 cleric
    -93 cleric
    -98 barb

As you can see, that was not a weak squad at all, yet guess what? we got squad wipe! not only once, several times! when he's near death he casts AOE seal every 15-20 seconds interrupting BB, and his magic attack deals around 8,500 per hit! so basically now only people with +12 gear can kill this boss?

O-o damn, can I get a lifeline?

Excuse me while I go hide behind my sexy rock over here. << =x

That aside, i completely agree with you vivianna.

I don't mind working hard to get some things done in this game, but when they want us to do what seems to be damn near impossible... or make us spend cash on the game, or a hell of a lot of time on the game, it just turns me off the game even more, makes me almost regret ever installing the game.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

-Random aggro
    -AOE for physical damage

-Me (96 BM)
    -99 veno
    -95 veno
    -95 cleric
    -93 cleric
    -98 barb

I remember before all the 2x drops, GB Armors from 3-1 were 1.5 mil. Everyone remembered those days with disgust (except the farmers) when people got used to the 2x drop affect on the price.

Now i think in a couple weeks, people will be wishing & longing for the days of 1.5 mil GBAs. I predict a total skyrocket on the price to pre-2x prices and way above.
  • Herbosia - Sanctuary
    Herbosia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The game is now designed to discourage players from actually playing.
    I am not insulting your intelligence; what is there to insult?
  • //Hysteria\ - Sanctuary6
    //Hysteria\ - Sanctuary6 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The game is now designed to discourage players from actually playing.

thats been started a while ago, just gets worse with each update :P
    my post count always stays at 1 b:victory
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just when you thought PWI couldnt get more fail.....

PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just when you thought PWI couldnt get more fail.....

never underestimate how fail they can get, that ive learned lately b:surrender
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear8
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear8 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

-Random aggro
    -AOE for physical damage

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to take him on. b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

-Random aggro
    -AOE for physical damage

-Me (96 BM)
    -99 veno
    -95 veno
    -95 cleric
    -93 cleric
    -98 barb

b:byeDrAgOOnZ(warsoul bow guy) and AznAssassin(insane assassin guy) did 3-3 today and got wiped with a (their words) "water aoe that hit me for 14k damage"
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Glad I got all my TT gears taken care of.....

...so yea.....game over? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You misspelled "rapidly" in the subject.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL at the TT increasing in difficulty.

I did say in another thread this game is going the paths of my other MMO I used to play for some reason, now I have more of a feeling they hired those dev's from that one...

Although I would have preferred if they added a new instance that is super hard for the great geared ones only, and not mess up an older instance completely so that newer players will have a much harder time getting their gears.

And at least increase drop rates of gold and red mats this way ijs <.<
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

-Random aggro
    -AOE for physical damage

-Me (96 BM)
    -99 veno
    -95 veno
    -95 cleric
    -93 cleric
    -98 barb

2 BMs doing Myriad lock should make it alot easier, would cut it down to 4250 per hit instead.

Though I wonder if it will make Lunar armor more popular now?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So um......

Anyone here who doesn't already have their TT gears?

Yes?

Sucks to be you, I guess. b:chuckle
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    So um......

Yes?

QFT

/10char
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    So um......

Yes?

Dont worry. They will put TT mats in packs via the Boutique soon.

OH! Wait! lmao! they already do!

I distinctly remember a GM saying 'TT Mats will NEVER be sold in boutique'

*cough*
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to add that I'm extremely displeased by the modding on this forum. There is one particular mod who I find very unreasonable. While I've seen some admins correcting parts of people's posts this mod insists on deleting the whole thing, even when the post in question was an elaborate and detailed explanation about something, not spam. Really, I don't think it's necessary to delete an entire post and lock the whole thread over a "filter circumvention" that no one else even notices. The thread did nothing wrong. It wasn't about a topic that already has an existing thread, it wasn't flame bait, why lock it? This isnt' a new problem either. I remember making a post about it in the past but that thread disappeared a few minutes after its creation. What, we can wail on the GMs and devs but not the mods? People who go on these forums know who is a shoddy mod and who isn't. The amount of respect they get is proportional to their competency. It's just a pity that even though we went through so many mods, we always have mods that are half-assed. But I'm not surprised. Any decent mod would get a headache on these forums and bail after a while.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Giant Beast Armor coming on a Bidding Hall near you!
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Giant Beast Armor coming on a Bidding Hall near you!

They already threw Sage/Demon skills in Bidding Hall. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to add that I'm extremely displeased by the modding on this forum. There is one particular mod who I find very unreasonable. While I've seen some admins correcting parts of people's posts this mod insists on deleting the whole thing, even when the post in question was an elaborate and detailed explanation about something, not spam. Really, I don't think it's necessary to delete an entire post and lock the whole thread over a "filter circumvention" that no one else even notices. The thread did nothing wrong. It wasn't about a topic that already has an existing thread, it wasn't flame bait, why lock it? This isnt' a new problem either. I remember making a post about it in the past but that thread disappeared a few minutes after its creation. What, we can wail on the GMs and devs but not the mods? People who go on these forums know who is a shoddy mod and who isn't. The amount of respect they get is proportional to their competency. It's just a pity that even though we went through so many mods, we always have mods that are half-assed. But I'm not surprised. Any decent mod would get a headache on these forums and bail after a while.

I was planning to make a topic on the same thing when I saw it. What was done was just blatantly stupid and was completely uncalled for.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eh, really if you have a problem with a gm/mod please take it up with them in a ticket, I know it probably wont change his decision/get resolved anytime soon, but meh the mod that I believe you speak of, already made a stern warning about filter circumvention a while back, just because it isn't here anymore, doesn't mean it isn't still in effect. =x Which I am sure you know, I know it can be frustrating to see something like that happening, but perhaps the mod is right, maybe they will have second thoughts about avoiding the filter next time. =x

That aside...

@Mizu... you are ****ing kidding me right? One of the biggest cash shoppers, got al ca pwnt by a tt 3-3 boss, if they can't do it, how the **** do they expect non cash shop users to do it. Oh wait perhaps they don't... another idea by the man to get us to pay to play. <<

Sad how this game is quickly turning out to be one of the worst games out there as far as the updates seem to be going. << =x Not saying all their updates suck, but the ones as of late certainly do. ;/
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

This .
  • Kephras - Raging Tide
    Kephras - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Am I the only one looking forward to taking on a new and more challenging Colluseast? Seriously, TT's been a yawn-fest with the exception of Astralwalker and the one time I got to take on Belial (Ancient Evil, I know, Belial is just easier to say).

I've been missing a challenge like this since they nerfed Frost.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eh, really if you have a problem with a gm/mod please take it up with them in a ticket, I know it probably wont change his decision/get resolved anytime soon, but meh the mod that I believe you speak of, already made a stern warning about filter circumvention a while back, just because it isn't here anymore, doesn't mean it isn't still in effect. =x Which I am sure you know, I know it can be frustrating to see something like that happening, but perhaps the mod is right, maybe they will have second thoughts about avoiding the filter next time. =x

Honestly I can't care less about the fate of one or two threads. My complaint is about moderator conduct. Unfortunately if I were to provide a ticket, in order for it to be investigated, I would have to dig up a few examples illustrating "my problem" with said mod, which is just a pain in the **** on these forums. In addition, I did that before; I hunted down a few unreasonable moderation actions (this was around the time anni packs first came out, so there were MANY thread locks and whatnot), quoted them and explained why I felt it was stupid, and said so in perfectly civil language. However, that thread disappeared less than 10 minutes later. Now, you probably would tell me to send a ticket, and I would have already, except I dont' see the admins doing anything about it because there is a lack of mods already, and I'm willing to bet with all the new QQ going on in these forums, they don't care about shoddy modding as long as things get removed/deleted.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Am I the only one looking forward to taking on a new and more challenging Colluseast? Seriously, TT's been a yawn-fest with the exception of Astralwalker and the one time I got to take on Belial (Ancient Evil, I know, Belial is just easier to say).

Maybe not the only one, but one of the ones who haven't tried the instance yet. The boss is far beyond reasonable in terms of killing it. Adding a bunch of ****-you-up spells to a boss doesn't make it more interesting. It just turns an AFK-macro-tank-n-spank-fest into a tank-n-run-n-heal-n-die-n-rez-n-facepalm-fest. It's still boring trying to stay alive, it just becomes more time consuming, and therefore, more boring in my opinion.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

Welcome back Kephras....sort of b:chuckleb:pleased
This discussion has been closed.